PDA

View Full Version : Exactly how does this work?

jstbcuz
10-29-2006, 02:13 PM
OK........I know if I put something in Layaway, and the price goes down, it should automatically adjust. Can I change my mind on an item? Say I put a dvd/vcr on layaway and then a different brand comes up cheaper, can I swap them out?

Thanks!

summerrluvv
10-29-2006, 03:07 PM
The price doesn't usually automatically adjust. You need to go in and get a price adjustement the day it's on sale at the store. You cannot swap items out either.

sk!mom
10-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Do stores still have lay-away? I thought that most had done away with it in favor of easy credit. Around here Wal Mart was the lone holdout but I think that it is gone there as well.

jstbcuz
10-29-2006, 04:00 PM
So I cant change my mind?

summerrluvv
10-29-2006, 04:24 PM
So I cant change my mind?

You can take stuff off the layaway when you pay it in full and take it out, but you can't add things to it. You would need to open a new lawaway for that.

Kmart and Walmart offer layaway, although Walmarts is closing soon. TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Mandee offer it as well.

jstbcuz
10-29-2006, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE=summerrluvv]You can take stuff off the layaway when you pay it in full and take it out, but you can't add things to it. You would need to open a new lawaway for that.

Hmmmmm! I put a bike and some toys on layaway, and later decided on a dvd/vcr, and they just added it to my acct. Said I didnt have to start a new one. Crazy!

summerrluvv
10-29-2006, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=summerrluvv]You can take stuff off the layaway when you pay it in full and take it out, but you can't add things to it. You would need to open a new lawaway for that.

Hmmmmm! I put a bike and some toys on layaway, and later decided on a dvd/vcr, and they just added it to my acct. Said I didnt have to start a new one. Crazy!

Where did you do this at? They would have to go find your box amongst hundreds or even thousands. Pull out the items you don't want, put the item you do want in it, then put it back where it it was originally located. Too much work invovled and IME with the few times I used lawaway that's never been allowed, at Walmart at least. Maybe Kmart? I don't know.

dmthoma76
10-29-2006, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=jstbcuz]

Where did you do this at? They would have to go find your box amongst hundreds or even thousands. Pull out the items you don't want, put the item you do want in it, then put it back where it it was originally located. Too much work invovled and IME with the few times I used lawaway that's never been allowed, at Walmart at least. Maybe Kmart? I don't know.

I worked in the Wal-mart layaway. Customer wants to add a VCR, original lay-aways are packed and labled put away with a bin number, part one and part two maybe in two different places but the locations are scanned into a handheld computer. Part three the dvd player is now package 3 and put in a NEW location. The more you "add" on the longer it will take to find your lay-away as now it could be in three different locations.
Major head-ache for the ones pulling the lay-away, try finding one with 12 parts that are now located all over the place.

~Donna

Hedy
10-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Where is your layway? I know at the place I worked layaway, you were SOL if the price went down-it was a risk you took. Generally you can remove items or make a new layaway.

jstbcuz
10-29-2006, 05:49 PM
Believe it or not..............Walmart.