PDA

View Full Version : What is UP with my Chase Disney Visa and the offer drought?

HeatherFeather
10-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Anyone have any insight into the reduction to almost nothing in the special offers for the Chase Disney Visa card? I know this came up awhile ago, but I figured that maybe they were just in the middle of adding stuff.

So, a few weeks later and still NO offers for WDW or DL? Just a couple of other not so enticing offers listed on the website. Do y'all think this is how it is going to be from now on? I'm pretty disappointed....

:sad2:

Harvest02
10-29-2006, 06:17 PM
Me too! :guilty: I signed up for the card to get the rewards dollars, but also for all the incentives they have had!!! Seems like they have dwindled down to nothing! What is up with that? :confused3

AZMermaid
10-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I looked just a little while ago and still, nothing. It is very disapointing. :sad1:

limabeanmom2003
10-29-2006, 08:58 PM
I'm disappointed too! Nothing, nada, zilch for vacationers. Bring back the Magic Kingdom Club!!!!! :sad2:

Missy1961
10-30-2006, 08:11 AM
I'm disappointed too! Nothing, nada, zilch for vacationers. Bring back the Magic Kingdom Club!!!!! :sad2:

I second that! Remember when they discontinued it? "There is something coming that will be just as good" The Disney Visa was good, but it is just another credit card now.

tor
10-30-2006, 09:42 AM
Maybe they revamped based on the surveys they have taken I know I always checked that room offers were unimportant because we have DVC

DizneyDogs
10-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Actually the visa codes for WDW were extended through 2007 however they haven't updated the chase website yet. If you check out mousesavers you can find all the deals. Also they often run discount codes to use at disneyshopping but don't count on the chase website to find them either again mousesavers will have those posted as well.

TenThousandVolts
10-30-2006, 10:35 AM
Disney Dogs is right- I think there are offers out there and they are just terrible about keeping their cardmember site up to date. I know the Epcot Meet and Greet is valid- but not listed on the site. Also- when I booked free dining with the Disney Visa code- I got that from Mousesavers-it was not on my cardmember offers page. The offers used to be great though- I loved the movie screenings... That is the one perk I wish they would bring back.

BethR
10-30-2006, 11:22 AM
The only thing we use our Disney Visa for recently is to get the 6 months interest free on our Disney vacations. We did use it to do the Meet and Greet this year and we use it at the World of Disney for the 10% discount.

But we don't use it for everyday purchases anymore. :sad2: We can do better than the 1% reward with other Rewards Cards. ::yes::

crazy4wdw
10-31-2006, 01:43 PM
I received a Disney Visa offer today for double rewards points. For Nov. & Dec., I will receive double rewards points for purchases for gas, dining, department stores, and groceries. However I only begin to earn double points for purchases in these catagories that are over $100. Not sure that this is a great deal.

Wonder what happened to the member only pins? For the last two years, there have been Halloween themed pins for Disney Visa cardholders.

BethR
10-31-2006, 02:20 PM
I received a Disney Visa offer today for double rewards points. For Nov. & Dec., I will receive double rewards points for purchases for gas, dining, department stores, and groceries. However I only begin to earn double points for purchases in these catagories that are over $100. Not sure that this is a great deal.

Well, if you don't have any other kind of rewards card, it is OK. But for me, right now I am getting 5% at restaurants with Discover. And I am getting 5% on gas and groceries with my Chase Cash Back Card. So I guess if I am making a large department store purchase (over $100) it would be worth my while to put it on my Disney Visa.

Don't know if it's worth my while to carry around 3 different cards though... :confused3

calie_j
10-31-2006, 02:43 PM

Wonder what happened to the member only pins? For the last two years, there have been Halloween themed pins for Disney Visa cardholders.

My offer, I think, was for 5 points per dollar for those 4 categories of purchases.........BUT only after I'd spent $1200 on the card for that month would I start getting the extra rewards. The notice on the offer got put directly in the trash where it belongs.

I agree the offers suck. Most brand name cards offer double points for purchases at their business, I'd be happy with that as a normal feature.

Calie