PDA

View Full Version : Does any use SKYPE for International Calls?

drakethib
10-29-2006, 12:09 PM
Does you use a SKYPE card or do you bill it on your crredit card?

Thanks

4evr@dzny
10-29-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm not sure this is the same thing you are talking about. We use Skype to talk with our daughter who lives in Mexico City. It was a free download and there is no charge to use it. My son-in-law downloaded it for us, so I'm not sure of the logistics of doing that.
We did buy an inexpensive (less than $10.00, I think) microphone so we can not only chat but also talk to her by speaker. It isn't quite as clear as the land line phone, but certainly a lot cheaper.

drakethib
10-29-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm not sure this is the same thing you are talking about. We use Skype to talk with our daughter who lives in Mexico City. It was a free download and there is no charge to use it. My son-in-law downloaded it for us, so I'm not sure of the logistics of doing that.
We did buy an inexpensive (less than $10.00, I think) microphone so we can not only chat but also talk to her by speaker. It isn't quite as clear as the land line phone, but certainly a lot cheaper.

There is a means of using SKYPE that you can dial an actual phone number through your computer.

Just wondering if anyone is doing so internationally.

mitushib
10-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Do i all the down. It is called Skupe out. I call most of Europe for .02 cents. In USA it is free. India is a good rate. I have a linkysys phone attached to skype and i use it like a regular phone