PDA

View Full Version : DS 7 Christmas Wish List from TRU Catalog

karinbelle
10-29-2006, 08:08 AM
My DS (7) checked off his favorites. Thought it might help some grandparents, etc. in planning for Christmas. Things in bold I know he'll receive either from us or from Santa.

Item Store Best Price
Moon Sand Sand Castle Costco 16
Magnetix 500 piece case TRU 80
Magnetix 275 Piece Case TRU 50
Ultimate Magna Case Base Station TRU 40
LEGO Bionicle: Rase for the Mask of Life TRU 60
LEGO Star Wars: X-Wing Fighter TRU 50
LEGO Star Wars: Ultimate Collector’s AT-ST TRU 80
LEGO: Sponge Bob & Plankton Adventures 30
LEGO: Avatar 30
LEGO City: Passenger Plane Costco 30
LEGO: Army of Vikings TRU 32
STARS ACRADE 7 in 1 Power Glide Multi Game TRU Exclusive 50
Nerf N-Strike TRU 40
Star Wars Revenge of the Sith Battle Weaspons TRU 17
Star Wars War Ships 45
Power Rangers Mystic Force Adv Set; Saber Max TRU 20
Power Rangers Dagon Root Core Command Center TRU 35
Power Rangers Manticor Megazord TRU 50
Power Rangers Command Truck Playset TRU 50
Power Rangers Voice Activated Lion Staff TRU 25
CARS Fast Talking Lightning McQueen TRU 30
HOT WHEELS Chris Cross Crash with 10 cars TRU 40
HOT WHEELS Terrordactyl Track TRU 40
HOT WHEELS Radar Gun TRU 25
FAST LANE Parking Garage TRU 20
FAST LANE Crash Traxx Super Loops TRU 15
Caterpillar 15” remote ctrl dump truck/Bulldozer /Load TRU 25
Caterpillar 18” Remote Control Excavator TRU 45
Road Champs Fly Wheels XPV Vehicle TRU 50
New Bright 1:10 R/C Full Function Jeep Rock Crawler (He checked all the R/C vehicles) TRU 60
PS2 Game: Lego Star Wars II 40
PS2 Game: Cars 40
PS2 Game: Sponge Bob Volcano Island 40

mareed
10-29-2006, 04:21 PM
My DS (7) checked off his favorites. Thought it might help some grandparents, etc. in planning for Christmas. Things in bold I know he'll receive either from us or from Santa.

Item Store Best Price

My 7 year old just purchased this with his own money saved up. He's outside right now playing with it with his 10 year old brother. We couldn't really find any reviews on-line and told him it would have limitations, but they seem to be having fun with it so far. :) It also rang up at $21.99 at TRU today, and I was expecting $24.99, so it was a bit less for him!

imsayin
10-29-2006, 04:32 PM
DS 7 Christmas Wish List from TRU Catalog

It looks like he did what my son used to do - circle everything in the catalog :sunny:

LisaNJ25
10-29-2006, 04:34 PM
The moon sand was flying off the shelves this weekend at costco.

karinbelle
10-29-2006, 04:44 PM
It looks like he did what my son used to do - circle everything in the catalog :sunny:

Actually, he was pretty selective. He passed up several things I thought would be on his list. I even asked him about them, and he had reasons why he did not want them -- Looked too hard (KNEX rollercoaster); Too big (in relationship to his existing Star Wars vehicles), etc.

Dagny
10-29-2006, 04:48 PM
My son, who is also 7, has both of the Star Wars Legos games and he absolutely loves them. Excellent choice. He also has the new Pirates of the Caribbean Game and that seems to be a big hit as well.

cruisnfamily
10-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Tell me about this moon sand.

Aneille
10-29-2006, 05:19 PM
My DD 5 wants Moon Sand very badly. But my SIL used it recently with her kids my DD's age and older and she said it was an absolute mess. The kids liked it, but she said it would not be comming out again. She's not one to dislike a product just for a little mess so now I am really concerned about it. It must have been a very big mess. Or maybe it should be an outside summer toy?

Does anyone else have any other reviews?

My DD really, really wants it!

java
10-30-2006, 05:18 AM
Yes moon sand is messy- because it really is like sand - not playdough- But in the castle set from Costco(maybe all the castle sets? I don't know) It comes with a blow up tray to play in. As long as you have something on the table to contain it- like a jelly roll pan I think you can control the mess. I bought more of it so it can't be that bad ;)
Oh and wanted to tell the OP that Costco also had the spongebob lego and the terradactlyl hotwheels thing yesterday(The plane by the way is going fast...)

mudnuri
10-30-2006, 05:28 AM

My DD's do this with the AG catalog- one in blue one in black LOL

Brandy

kydisneyfans
10-30-2006, 05:44 AM
Our 7 year old DS has almost the same exact list, but added were 20 additional Star Wars lightsabers so that each of the neighborhood kids would have every color to choose from. That's not happening here.

Took advantage of the Buy 2 Get 1 free video games last week and got Lego Star Wars 2, Cars, and Spongebob. With the deal or no deal coupon, spent less than 80 for 3 games at 39.99 each.

left210
11-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Duplicate

left210
11-02-2006, 09:25 AM
My son, who is also 7, has both of the Star Wars Legos games and he absolutely loves them. Excellent choice. He also has the new Pirates of the Caribbean Game and that seems to be a big hit as well.

Is your Pirates of the Carribean game for PS2 or GBA? I noticed the PS2 version is rated Teen whereas the GBA is rated everyone. I was thinking about the POC for PS2 for my son who is 6 and pretty savy on the games but not sure since it is rated Teen and was wondering how hard it is. He also loves the Star Wars Lego games.

Narvon
11-02-2006, 11:34 AM

Item Store Best Price

I just got this for $20 at SuperWalmart yesterday (11/1/06)

TnTWalter
11-02-2006, 11:35 AM
:thumbsup2 can't remember which one.
Trish

minniebeth
11-02-2006, 12:00 PM
The K'nex Vertical Vengeance Roller Coaster is $5 less expensive at Walmart right now than the TRU advertised price. If this helps anyone... a few dollars adds up when you are buying a bunch!

karinbelle
11-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Yes moon sand is messy- because it really is like sand - not playdough- But in the castle set from Costco(maybe all the castle sets? I don't know) It comes with a blow up tray to play in. As long as you have something on the table to contain it- like a jelly roll pan I think you can control the mess. I bought more of it so it can't be that bad ;)
Oh and wanted to tell the OP that Costco also had the spongebob lego and the terradactlyl hotwheels thing yesterday(The plane by the way is going fast...)

Thank you. Got the plane on Tues and the Moon Sand. I may go back for the terradactlyl and look for sponge bob. He already has one Sponge Bob lego toy (boy - he has so many legos, but he sure loves them! His dad plays with him all the time!)

Looks like Target has a $5 off for Star Wars II lego game today. Makes it $35.

DH is really excited about the radar gun! We wonder if it sets off car radar detectors? That might be useful on car trips where everyone is going 90 MPH.