PDA

View Full Version : OT--DD's homemade costume won a contest today!

mrsbornkuntry
10-28-2006, 11:29 PM
My kids' bowling league had a Halloween bowling party today and three of the four kids dressed up (for some reason my 5yo will ONLY dress up for trick-or treating :confused3 ). All of my kids are wearing traditional costumes, either bought new this year or leftover from previous years, etc, except my DD 10. She has an Aurora dress in her closet, but instead she decided to be a table lamp! She got the idea when the kids were messing around with a lampshade that I was going to throw in the trash when I got a new one from goodwill. We made her a table out of cardboard to wear around her waist and put a tablecloth on it, then we attached the shade to an old ball cap and attached a flashlight under the shade. I'm not sure she would've won if she hadn't decided to turn on the flashlight right before they judged.

She won first place, she got her choice of a bowling ball, bag, or bowling shoes. She chose the bag (with my nudging) because she has a ball and she'll outgrow the shoes. I was going to get her one for Christmas, so that saves me $30-$50, especially since the costume was free! :cool1:
She got a trophy, too, she was pretty excited.

mommyoftwinfants
10-28-2006, 11:34 PM
Congrats to your DD, but you gotta post a pic!!!!

maggiew
10-29-2006, 07:43 AM
Congratulations!! Those were great gifts too!

Maggie

2angelsinheaven
10-29-2006, 07:46 AM
I want to see, what a cute idea!

kilee
10-29-2006, 09:04 AM
That is a really cute idea. :)

mrsbornkuntry
10-29-2006, 09:22 AM
I haven't figured out how to post a pic yet, but I'll work on it today and see if I can't get one up :badpc: .

LisaNJ25
10-29-2006, 09:32 AM
I haven't figured out how to post a pic yet, but I'll work on it today and see if I can't get one up :badpc: .

its easy if you upload it to PhotoBucket.com .. and than copy the link and just paste it here.It sounds cool.

I have seen a adult version of a One night stand lol.. complete with certain small square foil packets on the night stand. :lmao:

mrsbornkuntry
10-29-2006, 10:15 AM
Okay, I'm gonna give it a try, this is the first time I've used photobucket so bear with me, lol.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r78/mrsbornkuntry/100_5536.jpg

christinadei
10-29-2006, 11:35 AM
That is TOO cute!!!! :thumbsup2

jessica52877
10-29-2006, 11:39 AM
I LOVE it! I love nothing more then a homemade costume! As a kid mine were always homemade. Kudos your daugther for using her imagination!

luvmarypoppins
10-30-2006, 08:42 AM
Wow that is really great. My ds are coachs in the league and they said too that only about 5 kids dressed up. I guess it might be hard to bowl with the costumes on. Your dd bowling alley is so generous. One of our prizes was 3 free games of bowling.Congratulations to your dd.

liznboys
10-30-2006, 08:44 AM
Aww, she looks great! What a clever girl. :)

mrsbornkuntry
10-30-2006, 10:02 AM
Wow that is really great. My ds are coachs in the league and they said too that only about 5 kids dressed up. I guess it might be hard to bowl with the costumes on. Your dd bowling alley is so generous. One of our prizes was 3 free games of bowling.Congratulations to your dd.

All of the kids in the league dressed up except my 5 yo, and the majority of the parents either dressed up or wore Halloween type sweatshirts/clothes. Some of the kids, like my DD, only put their costumes on for the contest. My other kids had to take off their masks, hats, and gloves to bowl for safety.

The person that came in second was Beetlejuice, it was a really cool costume, although most of the kids didn't know who he was supposed to be.

All of the kids in the bumper league got a coloring book (which I noticed was from Dollar General, but it was a thick book) and a treat bag with a little candy, some stickers, and three little things of play-doh in it. The older kids got a bead necklace and candy every time they bowled a strike (it was 8 pin no tap so there were alot of strikes bowled).

katrina4
10-30-2006, 10:12 AM
congrats to your daughter!