PDA

View Full Version : Target has the FurReal Butterscotch Pony for sale for $249. This is $50 off the a

TENIA66
10-28-2006, 04:37 PM
Target (http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-3/qid=1162071107/ref=sr_1_3/602-4759040-3403836?ie=UTF8&asin=B000F2JZKO) has the FurReal Butterscotch Pony for sale for $249.99. This is $50 off the average MSRP of $299.

Don't forget the 10% off coupon code that expires 11/30...TCRCPTAA

Shipping & handling is around $40

Items: $269.99
Shipping & Handling: $40
Promotion Applied: -$27.00 (10% off)

Total Before Tax: $268.66
Estimated Tax:* $14.00 (in MA)

Order Total: $296.99

Ships November 30.

Walmart (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4875172) has the pony for $268.88 - but charges $75 for shipping.

Ilovemyprincesses
10-28-2006, 05:22 PM
I am sorry but for $300 it better be real.

GOOFY4DONALD
10-28-2006, 06:10 PM
I am sorry but for $300 it better be real.
Not in this lifetime..but I am so cheap that I won't pay 600.00 for a Playstation III :rotfl2:

TinkerBess_SnowTori
10-28-2006, 10:18 PM
My dd would just love one -- she hasn't seen this yet and I am hoping she won't...

minkydog
10-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Oh, wow, thanks! Wait a minute, is this a real pony :confused3

TENIA66
10-29-2006, 12:10 AM
no, our real one cost $150................

minkydog
10-29-2006, 12:20 AM

Oh, well, maybe this one comes with shoes & oats :confused3

mamalle
10-29-2006, 06:29 AM
what does it do? I know dd has a few of them and scamps last year was the most $$$ but that is really expensive!!

blessedby3
10-29-2006, 07:53 AM
WOW!! I cant believe a toy pony would cost this much money. Definately not for my DD.

Toby'sFriend
10-29-2006, 09:47 AM
I have one on pre-order and I haven't really decided yet. I think I want to see it in person first.

I think it is supposed to be Furby technology in a shetland pony sized stuffed animal. The ad shows a preschooler actually sitting on its back.

kilee
10-29-2006, 10:02 AM
I've never heard of this thing. Does it actually walk w/ the little one on it's back? I don't have an age appropriate child, and it's out of my budget for neice's gifts. So, I'm just wondering.

svalencia1
10-29-2006, 10:52 AM
Okay, I'm sorry but $300.00 for a stuffed animal that happens to do a couple of things is rediculous!!!!! I don't mean to offend anyone, but that's more than a deposit on a Disney World trip!

TENIA66
10-29-2006, 11:53 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000F2JZKO.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_V57172377_.jpg

• Incredibly life-like pony moves its head when touched or talked to
• Climb on her back and the realistic animation, movement and sounds make it seem like a real ride
• Her ears wiggle, her eyes blink and her tail swishes; she even "eats" her carrot and makes real pony sounds
• Comes with carrot, brush and special adoption certificate
• 39Hx42Wx20D" for ages 4 yrs. and up

Whoa, girl! Now your little Dale Evans can enjoy all the pleasures of owning a pony without any of the…ahem…dirty work. This incredibly life-like plush pony has moving eyes, ears and head; a soft fur coat; and swishing tail. Say something to her and she’ll whinny, snort, or turn her head to find you. She even nibbles on food if hungry. So the next time you hear, "Mom, can I have a pony?"—go wild, say yes, and watch those beautiful eyes light up! A grea. . .

DaisyD
10-29-2006, 11:56 AM
It doesn't walk or anything. It shakes its head though. Probably at the folks that waste money buying such a thing! LOL!

Toby'sFriend
10-29-2006, 11:59 AM
I don't mean to offend anyone, but that's more than a deposit on a Disney World trip!

I like your priorities. :thumbsup2

I'm going to go in and look at the thing next week. I'll decide if it is worth the money then.

disneysteve
10-29-2006, 12:31 PM
Okay, I'm sorry but $300.00 for a stuffed animal that happens to do a couple of things is rediculous!!!!!
::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

mommytodarlings
10-29-2006, 01:07 PM
It doesn't walk or anything. It shakes its head though. Probably at the folks that waste money buying such a thing! LOL!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Mskanga
10-29-2006, 04:49 PM
I saw it yesterday in target. Definitely not worth the money to me.

java
10-29-2006, 05:05 PM
Well it is funny because we live in horse country and the kids around here were walking right by it in the store- Of course I had to play- if is kind of cute and seemed pretty sturdy- it responds to touch- like turning around to see if you are there(well not really but it did turn) It "eats" a carrot...but not really big action there- makes some noise ect.. but for $300 I would go for real lessons on a real horse. In fact I am thinking of getting that for dd*9.

ceecee
10-29-2006, 05:09 PM
This one is cheaper to feed!!! :rotfl2:

mantaz
10-29-2006, 10:59 PM
You know how Target is, if it doesn't sell then they'll have it marked down in no time. And then we can wait for the 90% off. Then it will be closer to my budget. But I think for that price...but it in the bank and buy a real one when the child gets older. But then again, I am fond of real ponies! :)

Angela

Ilovemyprincesses
10-30-2006, 08:53 PM
I saw it at Target today. It is the size of a very big dog. My 15 mo old was afraid of it and wouldn't touch it. It only turns it's head and makes noises.

Angela&Kayla
10-31-2006, 10:10 PM
FYI...Saw this in Target today for $249.99, just in case anyone IS interested in buying it.

Target (http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-3/qid=1162071107/ref=sr_1_3/602-4759040-3403836?ie=UTF8&asin=B000F2JZKO) has the FurReal Butterscotch Pony for pre-sale for $269. This is $30 off the average MSRP of $299.

Don't forget the 10% off coupon code that expires 11/30...TCRCPTAA

Shipping & handling is around $40

Items: $269.99
Shipping & Handling: $40
Promotion Applied: -$27.00 (10% off)

Total Before Tax: $268.66
Estimated Tax:* $14.00 (in MA)

Order Total: $296.99

Ships November 30.

Walmart (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4875172) has the pony for $268.88 - but charges $75 for shipping.

DawnM
11-01-2006, 10:02 AM
I saw this at Target this week too.....my boys asked what anyone would possibly want to do with that huge toy pony that doesn't actually DO anything.

(They thought at first it was some kind of ride on toy and were quite dissapointed it wasn't.

Dawn

StephMK
11-01-2006, 10:59 AM
No way though my DD would probably love it. All she wanted last Christmas was Scamps so I got one for her & her brother - $30 each on sale. Neither one ever really worked as advertised & one broke completely soon after. Extremely disappointing to me because I pictured hours of play since they both love animals so much. They barely played with them at all and one has since been given away. There's no way I'd spend that much money on a toy horse.

tommygirl79
11-01-2006, 11:04 AM
It is cute as we saw it in a catalog recently. But I told my 5 year old what it does and she even said, "Oh, I thought you could ride on it." I told her it costs as much as all the gifts that her Grandma and Grandpa get her...she said, "No way - I'll take my smaller gifts that do more fun stuff".

Not giving anyone a hard time who can and want to spend the money on this - if you are looking for this toy - this certainly is a pretty big price cut, but for us, I'd rather give a variety of gifts as this money is about as much as Santa spends on both of my girls total.

Fionasmommy
11-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Are these actually in stock anywhere yet? Not online, but at retail stores?

FloatinInABlueLagoon
11-06-2006, 11:48 AM
IMO, a better alternative is signing your kids up for lessons/rides at a nearby equestrian center. For my neice's 7th birthday this year, I saw an ad in a local magazine for this equestrian center, and thought maybe they'd let her just come in and take a look even though she wasn't involved in their classes/camps. They were actually very welcoming! We went in and she got to learn about the horse, brush it, put the saddle and such on, and then they took her for on a pretty long trail ride. She had one on one time with the pony and the instructor. She loved every minute of it and it only cost us about $30! She even got a glossy photo to take home with her on the pony. They also have lessons you can buy per class I think for $50 and they also have camps for a bit more than that.

The lady who runs the center told us they have guests as little as 3 years old!

If you do have access to an equestrian center, it's a better use of your money and the kids will sure love it loads more than a stuffed horse...especially a $300 one. Plus, they may learn something and it's great exercise. ;)

TnTWalter
11-06-2006, 02:01 PM
if anyone's interested in it. And Hey....let's just be thankful that it doesn't poop!!! ;)

Trish

Ilovemyprincesses
11-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Are these actually in stock anywhere yet? Not online, but at retail stores?

Target has them on display and in their Christmas book so you might try there.

Captain Jenny
11-06-2006, 02:20 PM
We saw it at Target. My dd 9yrs. fell in love. She petted it for a while, Then
had an alergic reaction to it. Ichy eyes and a rash. She is alergic to cats.
I hope it's not made of cat hair. That would be really gross.

WL Jan-2007 6th stay !!!!!!!

Jenny

grlpwrd
11-06-2006, 02:21 PM
IMO, a better alternative is signing your kids up for lessons/rides at a nearby equestrian center. For my neice's 7th birthday this year, I saw an ad in a local magazine for this equestrian center, and thought maybe they'd let her just come in and take a look even though she wasn't involved in their classes/camps. They were actually very welcoming! We went in and she got to learn about the horse, brush it, put the saddle and such on, and then they took her for on a pretty long trail ride. She had one on one time with the pony and the instructor. She loved every minute of it and it only cost us about $30! She even got a glossy photo to take home with her on the pony. They also have lessons you can buy per class I think for $50 and they also have camps for a bit more than that.

The lady who runs the center told us they have guests as little as 3 years old!

If you do have access to an equestrian center, it's a better use of your money and the kids will sure love it loads more than a stuffed horse...especially a $300 one. Plus, they may learn something and it's great exercise. ;)

Thank you for posting. A girl in our Girl Scout troop does this and it is a wonderful experience. I may do this for my daughters, too.

Oh, and I just bought a fancy rocking horse that Costco sold for a lot of money ($100?) for $5 from someone off of Craigslist. This is an example of how an expensive gift may not be so long-lasting. Not a flame, just an observation.

Toby'sFriend
11-06-2006, 02:42 PM
we saw one in Wal Mart over the weekend. It is cute, but truthfully my 3 year old was a little scared of it. I'm sure he'd get used to it with time, but I don't see him playing with it for hours and hours.

It does not do much other than move it's head around and make some horse-like noises. There is a pretend carrot that you can pretend to feed the horse. I'm sure it would get lost around here pretty quick. It is basically Furby technology in a large package.

Honestly, I'd probably pay around $100 or $120 for it, but not much more than that.

IMHO, It is WAY overpriced.

TinkerBess_SnowTori
11-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Doesn't it walk and smaller children can ride it?

I don't really think it is worth the money either - but I don't think it just stands there - it seemed to have some sort of lead harness on it, and I thought I remembered reading somewhere that small children could ride.

My 7 year old DD saw it in Target this weekend and fell in love - it is all she can think about since then - she is such a horse nut. I explained that we just couldn't afford $250 dollars for a toy.

She is convinced that Santa should be able to bring it ----- Santa will be bringing a certificate for riding lessons - and a note saying that he thought she would enjoy riding on and caring for a real horse more than a pretend one.

Hope that works...

Toby'sFriend
11-06-2006, 06:02 PM
no - it doesn't walk. It kind of wiggles. It is big enough that most pre-schoolers should be able to sit on it's back.

The BUTTERSCOTCH pony has many features similar to that of a real pony, including moving eyes, ears and head, soft fur coat and a swishing tail. Through sensors, BUTTERSCOTCH can feel when she is being groomed and will move her head toward you, and may whinny or snort. Just like a real pony, BUTTERSCOTCH loves carrots and can be “fed”. Hold the pretend carrot to her face and she will open her mouth for it, or shake her head “no” if she has had enough. Kids can even sit on BUTTERSCOTCH and she will gently bounce.

mamalle
11-06-2006, 06:36 PM
I did see it the other day finally at my supertarget. its cute alright but not worth $250 to purchase..

bookgirl
11-06-2006, 09:01 PM
We saw this at Target. NO WAY! 250.00 for a creepy pony and there was like a monkey head as well, beyond creepy in my opinion. I mean only a little kid might be fooled and let's face it, most of us seem to be on a budget, if I was gonna spend that much I'd much rather buy something they could grow into. Like a computer or a game system or even a backyard play set. My nephews are seven and one of them is a complete animal lover, he still has stuffed animals everywhere, and wants more, but not even for him would I waste that kind of money on a animatronic horse that just moves when you pet it and that's it.

disneynewbee
11-06-2006, 09:26 PM
I saw it in the store and me and dd thought it was pretty darned cool but I wouldn't buy it.

tinksgirl
11-07-2006, 06:16 AM
My daughter takes riding lessons and LOVES horses, last year i bought her a smilar horse for christmas,it is made by melissa and doug a company that is carried in alot of independent toy stores.ours seems to be a bit bigger than the one pictured in previous posts.It looked great under the tree and is a nice room decoration best of all it was 69.00 (and i thought that was alot!)

gris gris
11-07-2006, 01:21 PM
I'll be the first to admit that Santa will be bringing this pony to my 4 year old this year. I got it at Target for $249.99. I called all the Targets in CT and was told they get 2 per shipment. Anyhow it's the only present she'll be getting - she had the choice, one big present or a bunch of little ones. I'd honestly rather have this in my house than a bunch of other toys. And someday when she's older she'll be getting riding lessons instead. But for now, she can dream about having a real horse. This pony flicks it's ears, moves it's eyes, moves it mouth to eat the carrot, shakes it's tail, moves it's head, etc...it doesn't walk but it does hold up to 80 pounds on it's back.

TinkerBess_SnowTori
11-07-2006, 02:21 PM
I am sure she will love it - if my DD was 4 I may have considered it more serioulsy - but at 7 she will be too heavy to sit on it soon.

I can just imagine how thrilled your daughter will be Christmas morning

gris gris
11-07-2006, 02:33 PM
I can just imagine how thrilled your daughter will be Christmas morning

And this is the reason DH & I decided it was okay - he said remember when you were little and the one thing you really wanted was under the tree? We're forgoing gifts for ourselves this year and luckily baby is only 6 months old so he won't know the difference :)

scoochie75
11-07-2006, 03:15 PM
I will admit too that we are getting it for our 2 yo dd. She saw it in Target and after playing with it for 25 minutes told the pony "no be sad that I go bye bye - Santa will bring you to my house and we be best friends - I love you so much" Ok after trying to come up with every reason under the sun why Santa wouldn't be able to bring it - which she had a logical defense for - we gave in. I can't take away her belief that Santa can make anything happen - just can't do it. That and her 4 yo brother convinced her that Santa is magical - he can even have someone who works at Target drive it to our house in case it is too cold for the pony to fly in the sled. See their marketing is good - put it up where little kids can play with it and sucker parents (like me) will buy it.

Oh and on a Happy note - my mother told her that Santa can't bring the pony to any little girl that doesn't use the potty. She potty trained in 2 days!

Samandmom
11-07-2006, 03:39 PM

LOL

I just saw this for the first time today at Target. It's adorable but not in my price range! There was this older lady playing with the pony, she was in love with it. She put one on layaway. :teeth:

Jennifer Hemric
11-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Does your target have layaway?

HayGan
11-10-2006, 11:25 AM
My Sam's Club has it for $239 and they had 5 in stock ready to go.

kmccain
11-11-2006, 08:35 AM
My Sam's Club has it for $239 and they had 5 in stock ready to go.

I saw this last night in Sams Club. It is beautiful! It looks and acts real! It swishes it's tail and turns it's head. It is about the size of a miniture horse. It's better than real because it doesn't eat or poop! :rotfl:

I don't know abut the price, I don't think I would pay that much for it because it doesn't really do anything but stand there and look pretty. :teeth:

When my kids were little they had one that laid on the floor and when you sat on it vibrated like it was moving. I paid $60 for that 16 years ago and I thought that was a lot but I paid it! They were worth it! pirate: princess:

:tink:

Banana magic
11-11-2006, 09:06 AM
I saw this yesterday at Target. It was very cute and all the little girls were flocked around it giving it a carrot. I can imagine this will end up on a lot of lists, but to me is too expensive. My DD does have alot of fur real animals tho.

StephMK
11-11-2006, 11:32 AM
I will admit too that we are getting it for our 2 yo dd. She saw it in Target and after playing with it for 25 minutes told the pony "no be sad that I go bye bye - Santa will bring you to my house and we be best friends - I love you so much" Ok after trying to come up with every reason under the sun why Santa wouldn't be able to bring it - which she had a logical defense for - we gave in. I can't take away her belief that Santa can make anything happen - just can't do it. That and her 4 yo brother convinced her that Santa is magical - he can even have someone who works at Target drive it to our house in case it is too cold for the pony to fly in the sled. See their marketing is good - put it up where little kids can play with it and sucker parents (like me) will buy it.

Oh and on a Happy note - my mother told her that Santa can't bring the pony to any little girl that doesn't use the potty. She potty trained in 2 days!

Oh yeah, if my DD said something like it, it would definitely end up under the tree! How could you resist that??? I still regret not buying my DD this big stuffed horse at Walmart. We were at the beach & didn't have room in the van & never saw them again locally. That was 2 years ago & she still talks about that darn horse! So while I'm happy not to pay it, I can see how they are being sold.

DaisyD
11-11-2006, 02:02 PM
I made fun of it but I admit if DD was younger and liked it then it would be under our tree too. Nothing like seeing the kids faces when they see something they really wanted!

maggiew
11-11-2006, 02:20 PM
I saw this today. It was bigger than I imagined!!! Your kids must have really big rooms to be able to dedicate that much room for one toy! The pony would NOT take the carrot from me. He must not have been hungry. ;) I stood there looking like a freak trying to feed this horse a carrot. People were walking by looking at me. But I wanted to try it out! :teeth:

Maggie

snowwite
11-11-2006, 02:35 PM
They had one out on display in target. It is HUGE! The kids I saw looking at it seemed more afraid than happy. I think the girl wa about 3-4 yrs old.

thaggie
11-13-2006, 09:14 PM
My twins (5) will be having this under the tree, too. Now I just have to find one. All of the Targets around me are out ( I called 10 of them). ToysRus has one, but it is $50 more than Target.

Tigger7570
11-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Tinksgirl: My gd loves horses and I was wondering where you found the horse you got for your daughter since I live on the North Shore it would be great if I could find one for her. She saw this butterscotch at Target and has fallen in love with it, but since I have other grandchildren, and give several gifts to each, Butterscotch is way too high in price for one of her gifts. Also, my gd is 5 and I'm interested in giving her riding lessons. Do you have any recommendations in the area?
Thank you.