PDA

View Full Version : Whats on your Xmas list?

Passions71203
10-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Hi! I finally got everyone's xmas gifts wrapped today (Yes I know I am an early bird) I am the last person that has to be bought for this xmas and I have no clue what to ask DH for.... Would anyone like to share their xmas lists? Please?

TIA

8 Ears
10-28-2006, 01:05 PM
I would love a gift certificate to get my vehicle cleaned or to go tanning (never been) :wizard: A razor, not the disposable ones I have always used, and not an electric one. Oh yes, I would like an ironizer as well. Not much I guess, just a nice day with the family without all the stresses of phones, girlfriends, homework. :moped: Guess when it comes down to it I would like a trip to WDW! princess:

blanq
10-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Good for you for getting your shopping and wrapping done so early. I am envious. I just finished my lists, and have only bought a couple of gifts so far.

As far as what I would like this year...I love to go to the spa, and my sweet DH always includes some gift certificates for facials, massage, pedicures, tanning, etc. with my other presents. Other items on my list this year include Aveda products (hand relief, shampoo/conditioner), gift certificates to Borders and Caribou Coffee, and a hoodie with vintage Mickey from zazzle.com (because we are going to WDW in January...yahoo! ::MickeyMo )

Passions71203
10-28-2006, 03:12 PM
I feel like its easier to buy and think about other people than myself..Maybe its a mom thing. :confused3

Thats a good idea about the gift certificates :thumbsup2

Hedy
10-28-2006, 03:35 PM
I might ask for a new digicam or Tivo, otherwise I might just ask for small things.

Caitsmama
10-28-2006, 03:37 PM
Disney Gift Cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

mrsbornkuntry
10-28-2006, 03:43 PM
I like to be surprised so I try not to ask DH for anything unless there's something I REALLY REALLY want, like last year it was socks (no kidding, I kept buying them for the kids and him and putting myself last and mine all had holes in them). And he got me those, too, thank goodness, lol.

This year I would like a camcorder that records on dvd, but the ones I've looked at are pretty expensive. Other things are a firepit for the backyard, a fleece sweatshirt (I'm always cold) and I've been seriously hinting at a pack of Sharpie markers with various colors (as in, "Honey, I'd like some of those for Christmas and they'd make a great stocking stuffer..." ;) ) I use Sharpies alot.

I've almost finished my shopping, too, except for DH, but I've barely started wrapping. DH is starting to catch on, too, he's already bought a couple of things for me.

Tikitoi
10-28-2006, 03:45 PM
A 9 day trip to Disney! :goodvibes :wizard: :cloud9: :yay:

dawnball
10-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Good chocolate
extravagant fruit (like fresh raspberries - which I'm never willing to buy for myself)
more webscriptions books
sewing machine feet
some bicycling odds and ends

sk!mom
10-28-2006, 04:01 PM
Gifts really are not important to me but both if my children want me to come up with a few choices every year. DH and I will usually choose to take a trip or buy a joint gift we can both enjoy.

So far the list for my kids to buy from includes a couple of DVD's and Bath and Body products is always on the list.

DH and I plan to be watching the Black Friday ads for a great deal on a flat panel TV to replace our 22 year old console in the family room. We figure that our current dinosaur can't last too much longer. If there aren't any good deals then we will pass though.

*JoGo*
10-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Dh and I have only exchanged gifts with each other once, our first xmas after we were married... after that, it was ALL about our son (and then sons). But this yr, dh is buying me something! :banana: I am SOO excited. I LOVE surprises! Something came today and he put it up w/o opening it, I asked if it was for me and he said yes, then later he said no and I was so disappointed, lol. He doesn't go out by himself, so his shopping will be done online/ebay.

My list - a blue Fenton 4in bud vase and a Marine shirt from Sgt Grit. And I'm not supposed to buy him anything but I'm going to pick up something small.

drgnfly30
10-28-2006, 04:56 PM
DVD Recorder
Lost 2 DVD set
Itunes GC
Anything that is sparkley & can be worn on my wrist!

DaisyD
10-28-2006, 05:24 PM
I don't ask for anything for Christmas. I let DH surprise me as I don't want or need anything. It's always fun to see what he comes up with!

WDWAurora
10-28-2006, 05:41 PM
A watch (inexpensive because I'm hard on them) that has gold on it (to match most of my jewelry), Vera Bradley anything, American Apparel clothing (love this company-very socially responsible), and maybe perfume, but he certainly won't do all of that. He'll pick the things he likes, get them, or he'll just get whatever he wants, which is more likely.

meeskamouska
10-28-2006, 05:56 PM
I am definitley asking for Disney Dollars to save for the trip from family....form the DH...I would really love mani/pedi giftcard and gift card to Hobby Lobby so that I can get started on supplies for neat Disney projects before the trip!!!

mjantz
10-28-2006, 06:19 PM
To be honest, what I'd really like is a little time over Christmas Break with DH. We're both so busy but don't have a ton of money for babysitters & dates & such. I'd like a weekend in a hotel just the 2 of us. We have family that would watch the kids so it would just be a matter of getting the room & such.

ellyn2000
10-28-2006, 07:35 PM
DH is rather crafty but a terrible shopper when it comes to me. I saw a rustic hutch in the Crate & Barrell catalog the other night so I gave the catalog to him and told him he could either purchase it or build it for me. He offered to build it and I'm thrilled. It will be used to house my cookbook collection and maybe my Disney Christmas dishes. Of course I will get the usual Victoria's Secret gift card as well... :blush:

travlnman1
10-28-2006, 07:54 PM
I might ask for a new digicam

When I first read this I thought you wanted a new diaphram!! I was thinking this is something you should probably buy yourself and then wondering if yours was worn out. :rotfl2:

nani
10-28-2006, 08:10 PM
I am a Christmas nut but I had to check my calendar it is October and you are wrapped!!!! That is organization. If I shop too early I want to keep shopping until the end I have to pace myself! :Pinkbounc

Passions71203
10-28-2006, 08:13 PM
I am a Christmas nut but I had to check my calendar it is October and you are wrapped!!!! That is organization. If I shop too early I want to keep shopping until the end I have to pace myself! :Pinkbounc

I guess you can say I am bored...or I am ready for Christmas to be here b/c I am working on our christmas letter for the cards. :teeth:
I know..I need help! :rotfl:

8 Ears
10-28-2006, 08:18 PM
My shopping is nearly done as well. Few more stocking stuffers and for my Secret Santa at school.
Wrapping not done yet because can not decide if I am gong to wrap or use boxes this year.
Christmas Cards?, yup they are done. Well, they addressed, need to put school pictures in a few of them and stamp them; then they are good to be put in the mail on my way shopping on BF! :cool1:

Dizneyholic
10-28-2006, 11:22 PM
Well, we are going to WDW the first week of Dec so the fiance and I agreed that is pretty much our gift to each other this year but I wouldn't be bummed if Santa brought me the new U2 by U2 hardcover book for Christmas.... ;)

rie'smom
10-29-2006, 01:26 AM
Hubby surprised me with 300 DVC pts at BWV. The only other thing I want is perfume under the tree.

mamalle
10-29-2006, 06:26 AM
Im usually the same every year: Bath and Body Works Lotion, VS Perfume, VS PJs, gift cards from Brighton. I will ask for our family exchange this year a new crockpot. Im in need of a larger one..

kilee
10-29-2006, 10:11 AM
I am a Christmas nut but I had to check my calendar it is October and you are wrapped!!!! That is organization. If I shop too early I want to keep shopping until the end I have to pace myself!

This is me-- I will just keep spending and spending and triple my budget. Now, I have picked up a few small things. I will do the rest in pretty much 2-4 bigger trips. One to the outlets in 2 weeks. The other will be BF for all that sale merchandise. Then I will usually go out one more day and finish up ds and everyone else plus get the giftcards. Then at the last minute dh and I figure out what we have left and that's when we set a price limit for us. We always make sure we have every other gift bought first though.

I'd like clothes--I always want clothes though. I like to get Bath & Body. I seen a really cute Tinkerbell watch at Walmart (cheap but really cute) I've been hinting like crazy I want. He always get's me one or 2 pieces for my Christmas village too.

cruisnfamily
10-29-2006, 04:19 PM
I want to ask DH for some body spray or perfume this year...it's been years since I've had any. But, I'd need to be very specific on my list and I don't know what kind to ask for. I like a light scent...What do you guys recommend?

luvtogo12
10-29-2006, 04:28 PM
The only thing I am asking for is the "Deal or No Deal" electronic game. Looks like fun.
Anything else can be a surprise.

snoodledoo
10-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Dear Santa:
I'd like a laptop, a new camera since DS broke mine (probably not digital - I have one that is ok for now and I'm not ready to switch yet), the $100,000 Pyramid DVD game, and the Amazing Race DVD game.

Thanks!
:wave:

jennifer293
10-29-2006, 04:46 PM
From DH: I want him to break down and tile my kitchen and bathroom floors..(NOT GONNA HAPPEN I have asked for this for the past 3 years)..I told him if it is done this year I am hiring somebody!!!

From my mom, I want a calphalon 2 burner reversible griddle, so I can cook up a whole breakfast on one piece of cookware!! :thumbsup2

From DH's mom: A GC to Michael's..I decorate cakes and I need to buy some new cake pans!!

cruisnfamily
10-29-2006, 05:44 PM
.....the Amazing Race DVD game. ....OOhhh, I hadn't heard of this...off to google it!

travlnman1
10-30-2006, 07:50 AM
I want to ask DH for some body spray or perfume this year...it's been years since I've had any. But, I'd need to be very specific on my list and I don't know what kind to ask for. I like a light scent...What do you guys recommend?

I use Clinique's "Happy". I think it has a very nice light floral/fruity scent.
You can get it at any department store.

cruisnfamily
10-30-2006, 08:04 AM
Thanks!

jennifer293
10-30-2006, 11:12 AM

I use that too and I like it a lot!!

PrincessKitty1
10-30-2006, 11:24 AM
:goodvibes The only item on my list is a WDW Florida Residents Annual Pass. It's what DH and I give each other every year now.

curlybop
10-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Well, our cruise next year is our gift to each other - though DH does not know that. He keeps asking for my list, so I've put a lot from Bath & Body Works on there, that's it. I told him not to buy everything, just pick & choose a couple of things.

Really, almost any small items I want or need I buy through the year anyway....so I don't really need a lot during Christmas.