PDA

View Full Version : DING $39 each way

Mickey527
10-28-2006, 12:27 PM
I just booked from Providence RI to Orlando for $39 each way in Dec. for a total of $97 RT.
I haven't seen fares that low since 2001.
I usually fly out of Hartford but RI isn't that much farther and the price is so much better.
Does anyone know anything about the airport, like do they have cheap parking anywhere, etc..... Peggie

PrincessMommyof2
10-28-2006, 12:41 PM
Is there anyway to get the Ding prices, or look at them, without downloading the program?

fireman17
10-28-2006, 01:12 PM
We prefer PVD over BDL and have had great luck with "Post Road Valet" in Warwick...A short hop to the airport and great prices. Check them out online and I think you may be lucky to find a coupon? We have in the past, but I believe they also accept AAA for a small discount...Good luck!

P.S. When in December are you travelling? We just revised a SWA fare and saved $100 on the coming home leg of our trip, but that was with a $59 DING...$39 was for when, if you don't mind? Have a good one!

Karenj2
10-28-2006, 01:18 PM
I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but I had a DING fare for $39 Balt/Orlando from Dec 1 - 19th.

Good luck, WDW December Travelers!!

MemoryMakers2669
10-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Go look for the DING thread and on the last page someone did post a link today. You aren't supposed to technically use it, as it has their special number in it, but in truth, it works just fine.

Maybelle
10-28-2006, 01:19 PM
T.F. Greene Airport is very easy to fly in and out of. I can't help with long term parking, because we always get dropped off since we live in the area. There is only one way in through security, and the airport is very small. They are doing construction in the terminal right now, so it doesn't look that great though.

Also, regardless of what everything tells you...you WILL NOT be flying in and out of Providence. The airport is actually located in Warwick. ;)

kc10family
10-28-2006, 01:32 PM
I am dork and can't find thelink you speak of. Can someone link me to the link please?

kc10family
10-28-2006, 01:34 PM
Go look for the DING thread and on the last page someone did post a link today. You aren't supposed to technically use it, as it has their special number in it, but in truth, it works just fine.

So this is the link I am looking for, again please link me to the correct thread because I am a dork. :sunny:

jlovesee
10-28-2006, 01:44 PM
I'm not finding the thread either... Anyone have a link?

Jennifer

jlovesee
10-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Found it... here is the link

http://www.disboards.com/showthread...istory+of+dings

Nothing to Kansas City, why am I not suprised.
:(

(I Have DING at home, but I am at work, and can't download it here)

Jennifer

pbnjrockette
10-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Rhode Islanders....

Anyone know about new bus service between TFGreen and the Cape? I saw something in the paper this summer when I was up that and wondered if Bonanza/Peter Pan had started service.

PrincessMommy2
10-28-2006, 02:05 PM
I got the $39 ding this morning for Privdence :cool1: , I originally had $109. Hopefully my return flight on the 28th will go lower! So far, I've saved $275!

MemoryMakers2669
10-28-2006, 02:08 PM
Keep watching the DINGS and that DING thread, as you tend to see the same DINGS every few days or week.

megan2346
10-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Greene has long term parking for $11 a day. You have to take a bus from parking to terminal but it is a very short ride and very easy. I just did it about 2 weeks ago with my 6 year old. The bus driver was very nice and helped us get our bags on and off the bus.

Mickey527
10-28-2006, 02:45 PM
I am leaving on Dec 6 and return on the 13th. I will change to Hartford if DING has rates that low but if not I will go to RI. It is a difference of about 1 hour driving from my house according to Mapquest. I live in Bpt, which is really closer to NY airports but I never seem to find cheap prices from there.
I really want to be in Epcot for NYE so I will keep watching those DING rates.
This is just a quick last minute trip to visit my sister and of course see the Mouse. Now that I am on disability I can go whenever I find the cheap rates but I can't really afford a hotel so I have to depend on my sister wanting me to drop in on her. Peggie

~Kathie
10-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Rhode Islanders....

Anyone know about new bus service between TFGreen and the Cape? I saw something in the paper this summer when I was up that and wondered if Bonanza/Peter Pan had started service.

I hadn't heard that but Bonanza Bus has a web site http://www.bonanzabus.com/

They are now part of the Peter Pan buslines family so you will be re-directed to that site.

HTH

~Kathie
10-28-2006, 03:42 PM
I just booked from Providence RI to Orlando for $39 each way in Dec. for a total of $97 RT.
I haven't seen fares that low since 2001.
I usually fly out of Hartford but RI isn't that much farther and the price is so much better.
Does anyone know anything about the airport, like do they have cheap parking anywhere, etc..... Peggie

Peggie----

We use Preflight. They are right across from the airport and they have a shuttle. They have a website (they are a national company) and you can print a 10%-15% off coupon depending on the special. If you join their parking club (free) you can get credit towards free days. By joining the club, you can reserve a parking space, and even if the lot is "full" you will have a space.

Other places to park are Thrifty Car Rental (AAA discount) and Post Road Valet as someone else mentioned.

What time does your flight leave on the 6th?? I have an idea.....email me!

In Luv with Disney
10-28-2006, 04:46 PM
AWESOME Ding! Still not DINGS from Long Island, New York for my dates in December (12/3-12/11). :confused3

Joan S.
10-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Keep watching the DINGS and that DING thread, as you tend to see the same DINGS every few days or week.
THANKS for this tip! I got a DING out of PVD to MCO this Morning (10/28) $89. for Sunday Dec.17th. I was HOPING for lower :rolleyes: since I paid $135. for my flight home on 12/22(I wanted a specific flight and did not want to chance waiting). Do DINGS ever go lower for the same flights?? The 17th is still pretty wide open and the flights on Saturday 12/16 were down to $44.!Thanks,Joan

MemoryMakers2669
10-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Yes, Joan, the same flights can go lower. I just did this this week in fact. Got them for $59, then $39 today. For our September trip, we got credits (DING) THREE times before it was all said and done...so continue to watch them everyday until that time. I would go subscibe to the DING thread that is being kept and just check it as often as possible.

Joan S.
10-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Yes, Joan, the same flights can go lower. I just did this this week in fact. Got them for $59, then $39 today. For our September trip, we got credits (DING) THREE times before it was all said and done...so continue to watch them everyday until that time. I would go subscibe to the DING thread that is being kept and just check it as often as possible.
THANKS!! I will subscribe to the DING thread! I also will keep checking every day!(3-4 x) I can ALWAYS make good use of a SWA credit! Joan

Catrin
10-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Wow.... $39 is a Great Deal!

We have always used Airport Valet Parking (same as post road valet....)
Here is the website....there is a 15% off coupon you can print..
Airport Valet Parking (http://www.airportvalet.com/PVD-Providence-airport-parking.html)
TF Green is such an easy airport - with Southwest especially!

You can print your boarding passes from home, do curbside check in and be at the gate in 20 minutes.

Have FUN!
Catrin

SRUAlmn
10-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Anyone have a list of cities or dates? The link to the other thread isn't working?? We're going to WDW for a wedding planning session and it would be GREAT if my mom and sister could fly from Pittsburgh and meet us there too :) :) THANKS!!!

kc10family
10-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Found it... here is the link

http://www.disboards.com/showthread...istory+of+dings

Nothing to Kansas City, why am I not suprised.
:(

(I Have DING at home, but I am at work, and can't download it here)

Jennifer

Thank you, but I can't get the link to work.

mrsboz
10-29-2006, 11:20 AM
I can't get the ding thread to work either. We have ding but we must have it blocked since we never get dinged.

debsays
10-29-2006, 06:26 PM
We use TF Green ALL the time....love it! You can go online and see the parking areas. They also have a few hotels that you can park/fly. Stay there the night before and also you leave your car there for the duration of your trip all for the same price. We usually park in Lot E. I think there's a Hertz lot too that's reasonable. Good Luck.

inmyis
10-29-2006, 08:59 PM
We are from NH and we have been looking for a good deal the last week of Feb. Most states have the week before, President's Day week. Southwest out of Manchester was very high for the five of us and my DW looked into Providence, as we have flown out of there as well. She got all five of us for just over $600 after all the taxes, plus she had another $160 credit. She is awesome! :love: No Ding...just looking at SWA everyday. :thumbsup2
We are staying at BWV Sun-Fri and had planned to drive but now flying in on Sat and out on Sat...YEEHA!!! :cool1: :woohoo:

Pooh's Pal
10-30-2006, 01:18 AM
Thank you, but I can't get the link to work.

The thread is located over on the Transportation Board. It's called The History of Ding Fares for Orlando (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=957753)

Hope you find it now & good luck getting that DING! :)

kc10family
10-31-2006, 03:59 PM
The thread is located over on the Transportation Board. It's called The History of Ding Fares for Orlando (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=957753)

Hope you find it now & good luck getting that DING! :)

Thank you very much.