PDA

View Full Version : Need your help, Budget Board!

Karenj2
10-28-2006, 11:27 AM
I just got a new job, which was somewhat unexpected. (I own my own business, but when the job opportunity came along, I applied for it, and got it within two weeks.) The problem is, I haven't worked in an office since 2001, and I had given away most of my office clothes, so I have next to nothing!

The company that I work for is very fashion forward, but I hate going too trendy and then have to buy new clothes each year (besides, that's not MY style). Can you name some stores that you'd shop at? And, if you know where to get discount coupons, let me know that, too!

Iluvthemouse
10-28-2006, 11:38 AM
Do you have a Kohls nearby? I was just at ours and all the red tag clearance was $2.00 and all the other clearance was extra 70% off. HTH

Maybelle
10-28-2006, 12:20 PM
another vote for Kohls. I also shop quite a bit at TJ Maxx.

Imzadi
10-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Another poster recently asked the same question. She got some good tips on this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1249886

mickeyluv'r
10-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Depends on your size, but I've always found Ann Taylor or (now) Macy's to have good items. Ann Taylor isn't exactly inexpensive, but the clothes are classic styles that really last. Sometimes if you catch a sale, the prices aren't that bad.

ellyn2000
10-28-2006, 06:43 PM
I like Ross & TJMaxx for deals on quality brands that are fashion forward but not part of the passing trends. I'd start with the basics (black, brown, navy suits or slacks/skirts) and build on that. That way you'll be fashionable and have more time to chose additional pieces that will expand your basic wardrobe. BTW, congrats on your new job.

TENIA66
10-28-2006, 06:44 PM
I just got a new job, which was somewhat unexpected. (I own my own business, but when the job opportunity came along, I applied for it, and got it within two weeks.) The problem is, I haven't worked in an office since 2001, and I had given away most of my office clothes, so I have next to nothing!

The company that I work for is very fashion forward, but I hate going too trendy and then have to buy new clothes each year (besides, that's not MY style). Can you name some stores that you'd shop at? And, if you know where to get discount coupons, let me know that, too!

www.currentcodes.com (http://www.currentcodes.com)

congrats on the new job!!

mmeb144
10-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Check out Christopher & Banks. The clothes are nice and not too expensive.

Marie