PDA

View Full Version : Reviews of the New Disney Mix Max?

Xcited4Disney
10-27-2006, 10:57 PM
Has anyone actually used this yet? I saw them at Target tonight and I might get one for my DD. Do you like it?

LOVETHATPOLY
10-28-2006, 11:37 AM
I don't have one, but my friend has one for her daughter. She watched High School Musical on it and loves the screen. She also downloaded about 25 songs on it. She thought it was a great value and that the movie looked and played great. She thought the only downside was the price of the movies. I hope this helps you!

Bibbidi
10-28-2006, 01:24 PM
I had purchased one for my daughter, but decided to return it just because I think she's too young to need it/take care of it yet (she's 5). Keep in mind that the screen is very small, that probably won't matter to kids, but it is pretty tiny if that matters to you.

Xcited4Disney
10-29-2006, 12:27 AM
Thank you!

TenThousandVolts
10-30-2006, 10:51 AM
We have a new Mix Max here. I do like it. It was pretty hard figuring out how to download videos but I think we have that worked out. Adding music and photos is really easy, couldn't be easier actually- but videos are tricky.
The screen is great. Compared to other mp3 players you get more features for the price, but less memory. I don't think this is a problem because it is expandable with sd memory cards (like you would use in a camera). And also-it is for my dd and she does nopt need 10,000 songs. 100 is fine for her. We also got the jam stand and it works great.

The biggest cons in my opinion are:
new product so support may not be great.
No idea how long the non-replaceable battery will actually last. (They say on iPods -they last about 3-4 years)
Transferring videos is not that easy. (My 11 year old really needs help to transfer videos)

Overall I am really happy with it.

Karibeth19
10-30-2006, 02:04 PM
I have a question. Does this player have a menu screen where you can see what music you have downloaded and can choose what song you want to hear? The reason I ask is because we bought a Mix Stick for DD last year for Christmas, and although she really likes it, she gets frustrated when she wants to hear a certain song, and has to find it by pushing the forward button, and wait to hear what song starts, over and over until she finds the one she wants. She wants an MP3 player with a menu this year, and I thought this would be great if it had one, since it would play videos as well.
Thanks!

redshoes
10-30-2006, 03:55 PM
I have a question. Does this player have a menu screen where you can see what music you have downloaded and can choose what song you want to hear? The reason I ask is because we bought a Mix Stick for DD last year for Christmas, and although she really likes it, she gets frustrated when she wants to hear a certain song, and has to find it by pushing the forward button, and wait to hear what song starts, over and over until she finds the one she wants. She wants an MP3 player with a menu this year, and I thought this would be great if it had one, since it would play videos as well.
Thanks!

Yes, it has a menu button that allows you to see the song that is playing. It allows you to scan through the songs and select the one that you would like to hear.

TenThousandVolts
10-30-2006, 06:05 PM
The menu is really easy to navigate and you can scroll though all songs, by artist, genre, etc... It also has playlists- but I haven't gotten into that feature yet.

MemoryMakers2669
11-08-2006, 03:10 PM
Bringing this thread back up on top. I would like to know how you get movies onto it? Can you put any 2 hour movie onto it, from your computer? I was thinking this might be nice for the plane ride.

TenThousandVolts
11-08-2006, 03:25 PM
the movie has to be formatted a very specific way. It has to be a wmv of a certain size and with certain properties.
If you are talking about a movie you have on DVD- you would have to go through a long process and would need certain software to do this.
If it is something you already have in a digital format- like mpeg or avi or wmv- then it is somewhat easier.