PDA

View Full Version : I love Kohls sales and clearance

Mickey527
10-26-2006, 10:59 PM
My family jokes about me because I only shop in the clearance aisles at Kohls but I find such great buys.
Kohls clearance is now 70% off the sale price so things are really cheap.
Today I bought 4 twin size Martex thermal blankets regular price $49.99 for $5.37 each.
I got a Velvet edged Chenille throw reg $39.99 for $2.00
Two Root Beer candles in glass holders $12.99 for $1.00 and they smell so yummy!
Two sets of Twin Jersey sheets $25.99 for $4.65
tons of summer blouses for me most were regular price between $34 and $38 for between $5 and $7 each.
I even found a pair of shoes that I love that were priced $64.99 for $23.99. these are not summer shoes, they are black boot shoes with 2" heels, and really comfortable especially since the only shoes I have worn since I finished chemo in 2005 are Crocs.
Last week they had a great sale with between 30 and 60% off most items and I had a 30% scratch off coupon. I found an Oneida service for 8 white china set with a wicher pattern regular $99.99 and I got it for $15.97. And a nice set of outdoor grill accessories in a carrying case reg $29.99 for $4.90. And I got my grandson some Fisher Price and Leap Frog toys marked down 50% and used my 30% coupon on them too.
So between last week and this I am almost done with my Christmas shopping and I have only spent $189.00. If I had to pay full price I would guess it would be around $900 or more.
Hope everyone likes what I bought because I can't take it back. lol
Peggie

kilee
10-26-2006, 11:10 PM
I read about the 70% off on another board. I'm headed there before work tomorrow. Our's never seems to have too much though. I can hope though. :goodvibes

welovedisney7778
10-26-2006, 11:16 PM
Tell me about it!!! Amongst a bunch of other stuff I bought, I got 4 articles of maternity clothing for $2 each! I got a pair of shorts, 2 pairs of capris and a shirt for $8, and I'm not even pregnant!!! I spent an arm and a leg on maternity clothes while pregnant for DS, so I figured I'll just pack these away with all my other maternity stuff and when the time comes, there will be a few less things I'll need to buy at full price! I LOVE Kohl's sales!!

cougar242
10-26-2006, 11:24 PM
I was at Kohls and they had tons of pairs of name brand shoes for $2. I bought 30 pair. Nieces, nephews, my younger two kids. I had run in there to get something completely else and ended up overfilling a cart with shoes. The look in the cashiers face was priceless. I felt bad.
Kim

swilshire
10-27-2006, 06:38 AM
The look in the cashiers face was priceless. I felt bad.

They probably only had that look because you beat them to the deals. I had a friend that worked there part time and spent more than she made. They get all the regular discounts, plus an employee discount on top of that.

Sheila

tar heel
10-27-2006, 07:23 AM
Way to go -- did you get the $10 coupons, too, or was that just in our area.

I bought a cute pair of print Keds for $2 last year. My very nice quality Nikes were $5 the year before that. The strangest thing I've ever found was a belt the right size for my vacuum cleaner for around 15 cents.

A Mickeyfan
10-27-2006, 07:27 AM
Our area is finally get one.. it opens on Nov 9th.. It will be about 2 miles from my house :cool1: and I can't wait...
I have Target in the other direction from my house just under 2 miles, so now Target will have some compitition for their clearance isles from me :rotfl:

java
10-27-2006, 07:36 AM
My only warning involves the Khol's credit card... If you buy something near the end of the billing cycle you will get your bill on a Monday to be due by that Friday- so you really have to be ontop of your mail.(which is not something that I am so I get in trouble often....) Just be sure to open that bill as soon as it comes because it is usually due right then and there. I guess I was just used to my other credit cards that come 2 weeks before the due date. Maybe I'm just disorganized.
But I do LOVE the sales at Khol's!

kydisneyfans
10-27-2006, 07:57 AM
Kohl's recently changed from the additional 70% off yellow tags and 50% off red tags to a price marked on the tag that reflects the amount off the original price. The deals we had before are long gone. Kohls has lost a long time shopper here. Hopefully they will go back to the old way of doing markdowns.

To show an example of pricing here now:

Before: Item was 42.00, marked down to 30.00. 70% off the markdown made the item 9.00.

Now: Item was 42.00-ticket now reflects 70% off, leaving the product priced at 12.60.

Red tags no longer exist here. :guilty:

3tiggerstoo
10-27-2006, 07:57 AM
I can't seem to resist Kohl's clearance sales, either!! I spent almost $250 and now I want to go back to look for some of those blankets! I did get in on the $2 shoes, but our Kohl's didn't have many so I only got 4 pair for me and 2 pair for oldest DD. That's probably a good thing for my wallet, though! ;)

cougar242
10-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Yeah, when I got the $2 shoes they were also giving you the $10 if you spent $50 or more. I think last week I was almost in there everyday. They also had all the Dora stuff half off so i got my daughter some Christmas presents. I really want to go today and see what else I can find. My 2 sister in laws ae very young mothers one of two kids and one of three and do not make hardly any money so we try to help them out as much as we can. So with $2 name brand shoes you cant beat it...

patsal
10-27-2006, 09:49 AM
My olny warning involves the Khol's credit card... If you buy something near the end of the billing cycle you will get your bill on a Monday to be due by that Friday- so you really have to be ontop of your mail.(which is not something that I am so I get in trouble often....) Just be sure to open that bill as soon as it comes because it is usually do right then and there. I guess I was just used to my other credit cards that come 2 weeks before the due date. Maybe I'm just disorganized.
But I do LOVE the sales at Khol's!
Call them and have your billing due date changed--in my state it isn't legal to only have 5 days to pay--sometimes that is just the turn around time for mailing it back. My MasterCard was like that and I called and they changed it, so let them know it may be a computer glitch.

Mckenzie's mom
10-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Thanks! I will have to check it out! :)

phisigprincess
10-27-2006, 10:58 AM
Is the halloween stuff at 70% yet?

Mickey527
10-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Halloween stuff at Kohl's is 55% off.
I didn't get the $10 for each $50 last night. I am going to have to check and see if that is still going on. If it is they owe me $40. Peggie

Our 2 Princesses
10-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Kohl's recently changed from the additional 70% off yellow tags and 50% off red tags to a price marked on the tag that reflects the amount off the original price. The deals we had before are long gone. Kohls has lost a long time shopper here. Hopefully they will go back to the old way of doing markdowns.

Before: Item was 42.00, marked down to 30.00. 70% off the markdown made the item 9.00.

Now: Item was 42.00-ticket now reflects 70% off, leaving the product priced at 12.60.

I am so disappointed that our Kohls is doing their clearances the same way. Everything seems so much more expensive now. I know my girls aren't going to have nearly as many clothes now!!

hollyb
10-27-2006, 11:19 AM
I work at Kohls and I put up the sale ads and clearance signs. It is so hard not to spend my entire check there every week. I just got a boat load of clothes last night for $28. Shirts, pants, panties and sandals. All for .50, 1.00, 2.00 plus my 15% discount. Life is good. :banana:

virginiamama
10-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Scan those GeoTrax sets in the regular toy section (not clearance). Mine came up $2 for a set that had a $39.99 sticker on it. It was the Conductor's set and then also the Oceanside set. I cleaned out the Newport News, VA store.

DeterminedOne
10-27-2006, 01:36 PM
Speaking of Kohls - who else likes their new commercial featuring the song 'Big Country'? I love that song and the commercial, too! :teeth:

soccerchick
10-27-2006, 03:35 PM

They haven't done that here yet.

stephandjoe
10-27-2006, 10:18 PM
I did some clearance shopping this week as well! Summer shirts for ds next year for 2.00 or less.

My Mom works there and watches out for us. She got dd a big Barbie Pegasus set with 2 dolls and the big horse for 2.00 this week!

Best deal was a pair of New Balance shoes for $0.50!! And a box of Pirex glassware (baking dishes, mixing bowls with lids, etc) for 4.00. Love it!! :thumbsup2

jchick
10-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Their Disney princess stuff was really cheap. I got my DDalmost 3 a teaset in the plastic teapot, Disney Princess themed for about $8.

GavinsMom
10-27-2006, 11:04 PM
YEAH, I can't wait to go there tomorrow and find some GREAT Deals!!!

I hope there's some stuff left for me. Damn I should have gone there today. :lmao:

azgal81
10-28-2006, 12:09 AM
I love Kohl's!

jwfla422
10-28-2006, 01:31 AM
WE WANT KOHL'S...WE WANT KOHL's!!!

...then I won't have to drag dd there everytime we go to WDW!! "The LOOP is now on our list of attractions we have to go to when we go to WDW:rotfl: My poor kid, now she knows every time we go to WDW mom has to do that trip to KOHL's too! So, she gets to pick something fun out there whenever we go. :teeth:

But, it's the only place I buy my clothes now (even dh loves it), even if the closest one is almost 3 hrs away!! So we go there 3-4 times a year...they keep opening stores in Florida, but NOT HERE!! BOO HOO!! I've even spoken to their "new store" developer and she told me they will be opening stores in FL but couldn't say where and so far the areas they're opening in are further away from us than WDW!:sad1:

Banana magic
10-28-2006, 12:54 PM
I have gotten some terrific deals at Kohls in the past. I have been staying away from there since I find good deals, I always end up buying more than I planned (but the price is right!). I think I will have to go in and check it out tho, it sounds like there are some great deals right now. :)

joannarph
10-28-2006, 04:00 PM
I went to Kohl's this morning and I got a queen-size Laura Ashley sheet set regularly priced $95.99 for $1.00!!! Even the cashier couldn't believe it.

MomOf2DisneyKids
10-06-2007, 01:11 PM
just bumping up this thread....

I love Kohls.....I hope to get there this weekend to see if there are any good deals now (for Christmas presents!)

:wave:

grumpy28
10-06-2007, 01:40 PM
I love Kohls too, but never seem to find the deals you guys are getting! Is there a certain day of the week things are marked down? Certain time of day?Please help a fellow bargain hunter out! :flower3:

Tinkerbelle32
10-06-2007, 03:01 PM
I just got back from Kohl's and found a few bargains myself. I picked up a new beautiful picture to hang that matches our new croscill comforter set. It was originally $129.99, it had a sticker for $51.99. Wasn't for sure if I wanted to spend the money today so I checked it at the price checker and it rang up $25.00! Also picked up a huge Calphalon jelly roll pan for $4.00 and Calphalon cooking utensils for $1.99 each. The clearance clothes were still way to high in price.

odd1
10-06-2007, 04:40 PM
I guess I'm in the minority, but I hate Kohl's. 30% off is "regular price." If you DO pay regular price for something, you're most definitely getting ripped off. Do some comparison shopping. And then watch their ad patterns. They can't legally keep something on sale 365 days a year, so they alternate their weeks so that they have their stuff "discounted" the legal maximum of time. Most people don't question if they see sale signs all over the store -- they assume they just happened to be there at the right time. But Kohl's knows what they're doing -- their "sales" are a joke.

Once stuff is on clearance, yeah, then it's actually a deal. Until then? You're just paying regular price and feeling like you're getting a deal.

Tinkerbelle32
10-06-2007, 06:18 PM
That's why I only buy things when they are on sale super cheap!

Julia M
10-07-2007, 07:56 PM
I guess I'm in the minority, but I hate Kohl's. 30% off is "regular price." If you DO pay regular price for something, you're most definitely getting ripped off. Do some comparison shopping. And then watch their ad patterns. They can't legally keep something on sale 365 days a year, so they alternate their weeks so that they have their stuff "discounted" the legal maximum of time. Most people don't question if they see sale signs all over the store -- they assume they just happened to be there at the right time. But Kohl's knows what they're doing -- their "sales" are a joke.

Once stuff is on clearance, yeah, then it's actually a deal. Until then? You're just paying regular price and feeling like you're getting a deal.

That's so true......so, I only shop Kohl's clearance sales, and usually on then when I have an additional discount. I was lucky enough to get a mailer for 30% off October 3-8.

I really scored........I bought some bath sets for dd for Xmas (sets with bath gel, lotion, etc, really cute). I also bought oldest ds some shorts (he really, really needed them!!!) and 6 pairs of wicked shorts for my dad for Xmas. At $30 regualr price, I paid between $3 and $6 for each, then my 30% off.

I also got some cute t-shirts for younger ds for Xmas that were between $2 and $5 each before the 30%.

Julia

RyJMom
10-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Our new Khols just opened last week. I've been 3 times!! Is it worth it to sign up for their credit card? Is that how you get on their mailing list for extra coupons? I'm not big on getting every store card in town but if I'm going to be shopping there alot it might be worth it.

Veronica

LadyyRedd
10-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Our new Khols just opened last week. I've been 3 times!! Is it worth it to sign up for their credit card? Is that how you get on their mailing list for extra coupons? I'm not big on getting every store card in town but if I'm going to be shopping there alot it might be worth it.

Veronica

Yes, they mail out coupons and promotions to their card holders. If you become an MVC (Most Valuable Customer) card holder, you receive additional coupons throughout the year. To reach MVC status, you must spend at least $600 on your card from February - January of the following year (so Feb 2007 - Jan 2008 is the eligibility year) and you need to spend that each year to remain MVC status (can you tell I worked at Kohl's for 5 years??).

Also, for anyone who doesn't know, if for any of the "peel off" coupon promotions, you get a low percentage (15% is the lowest), you can just skip bringing yours in that you got in the mail and ask for a scratch off card when you get to the register. They are supposed to offer them to all card holders anyway, but you don't have to "settle" for the 15%, you can try to get a higher percent. And it's supposed to be good for the whole promotional time period (unless they've changed it), so if you get a higher percent, you are supposed to be able to hang on to the card to use multiple times until the promotion is over.

Kimya

daughtersrus
10-08-2007, 08:20 AM

All of the Kohl's stores is our area (Chicago suburbs) changed to this a little over a year ago. Like you, I am disappointed. I used to get some great deals.

I think that they are slowly phasing this in across the country.

I do like the return policy at Kohl's so I continue to shop. I was there yesterday without my DD (17) so half of the stuff that I picked out for her I will be returning today. I don't like to try things on in the store so everything that I bought for myself is also going back.:mad:

I did have the 30% coupon so I still got some great bargains. I'll be going to another Kohl's today (one with less sales tax) so I'm sure that I'll find some more bargains.

daughtersrus
10-08-2007, 08:22 AM

Veronica

Yes but just remember to pay it on time. One day late and you're hit with a $25.00 late fee. I know many people that use the card to pay so that they can get the discount and then write a check as a payment on the account in the very next transaction. You can make payments at any register.

tuckerkeys
10-08-2007, 08:29 AM
i got a ton of great deals this past sale, although i used a 30% code i got here on the dis....

i was able to get baby gear that never goes on sale, a infant car seat that was 80.00 for 56.00. at the baby's r us it was 89.00 and i had a 15 % coupon for this, so kohls was the cheapest. i also was able to get a new roomba for my mom for xmas for 140.00 with the 30%. all had free shipping since i spent over 75$. i think these sales, which they have 4x a year, are some of the best deals. if you have a 30% off coupon then it is good. i have hit the store for the clearance items, and you really have to watch the pricing. i was able to get summer clothes for my son & new baby for next year all for under 5$ each, most things were @ 2$-3$.