PDA

View Full Version : First trip to DLP, first trip to Europe...

Beachbabybongo
10-26-2006, 10:15 AM
I will be traveling to DLP with my 13 year old daughter in March of 2007. I've bought several travel books as I am very nervous since this is my first trip to Europe. My biggest concern is getting around, and the fact that I don't speak French (I should have stuck it out in high school French class!). I love Disney and going to Paris is a dream come true. pixiedust:

(This trip is an early graduation gift to myself as I will be graduating from college in April of 2007, and then off to law school) :banana:

I have booked the Paris Illuminations tour and Paris at a Glance Lunch Cruise. Has anyone been on these?

After 3 days at DLP, we are going to spend 3 days sightseeing in Paris. I was wondering if I should spend the money on a transfer from DLP to my hotel in Paris, which is about $100, or if there is a cheaper way that even a green American toursit could figure out?

I really appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks! :wave2:

luke
10-26-2006, 10:53 AM
Have a little watch of this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X6slMhXKdug

It's a documentary on Disneyland Paris from some US tv channel, and although it's a little old, is worth a look to get a feel for it (I'm watching it now just to get excited about my next trip :P )

kaido
10-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Simply use the speed train called RER and save the money. There is only one direction from DLP to Paris so you cann't miss. There is a small tourist information in between Disney Village and the station. They are very nice and they speak English. Ask them were to change to the Metro (it's the french name for the tube).
And buy a good map! Paris can be very confusing. You will need the Metro to travel in Paris too. So go for the "paris visite ticket". It is not so expensive.
Have a nice trip. The French people a much nicer than you might think, especially if you have some basich French knowledge like "hello", "do you have" etc. I only know about 400 words and 25 standard phrases and never run into any problems. You still have 5 months for a small course. But you can go without it.

Have a nice trip in spring

kaido

Cyrano
10-26-2006, 01:11 PM
Honestly you and your DD will be fine. If you make an effort to use the pleasantries most will just speak back in English.

I'd take the RER. Just check to see where the nearest metro station is to your hotel or post details here as I'm sure someone will help with connections.

You will love the cruises. Hope you have plently of film/memory cards :goodvibes