PDA

View Full Version : Is it to late for after Christmas?

Byrd
10-08-2006, 12:46 AM
My friend (hubby refuses to participate in Disney) has decided that I need to go after Christmas to celebrate my retirement. This is a late idea for me as I always book with at least 6 months notice.

I worry about getting a room and making dining reservations. I am excited about the idea of returning during this time as June is so HOT! Think I can book dining at CGrill at least 2 times and get a concierge room December 27 to January 1, or should I wait and go in June.

Thanks for your thoughts O'Great Disney Planners.

Oh, I want to book a fireworks pontoon ride too. After 33 years teaching I will be so sad, and this could help me see the magic of retirement.

novdisneydreams
10-08-2006, 06:53 AM
I'm not an expert but --- I would just call Disney Reservations & Disney Dining if I were you :) Thats the best way to find out whats available. Have a great trip whenever you go!

Allison
10-08-2006, 07:27 AM
There is really no way for any of us to know and you won't know until you call and try. You could go online now and see what is available that way.

Good luck. If you don't get your ADR's-just keep calling. People cancel all the time.

I would love to be there during that time. I'm jealous. Happy Retirement!

Byrd
10-08-2006, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the moral support. I'll call after I break the news to DH! I just wish he liked Disney too. :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Wish me luck... :sunny:

Allison
10-08-2006, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the moral support. I'll call after I break the news to DH! I just wish he liked Disney too. :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Wish me luck... :sunny:

I feel your pain. My husband isn't a big Disney fan either but concierge at the Polynesian in June really made it much more enjoyable for him.

Do you have a resort for concierge in mind?

Allison
10-08-2006, 08:20 AM
Curiousity got the best of me. I checked online and Beach Club and Yacht Club show availability. :thumbsup2

Byrd
10-08-2006, 09:32 AM
I wanted to do the Sunset safari or the morning one too. Can't get anything for that one. Found WL and Boardwalk doing a split stay.

I know can't be picky at this point. I've done YC concierge before and really wanted a view of the castle or AKL. You think at my age I'd get over it (the castle thing).

Thanks for looking. My friend and I are taking the DH's out for lunch and a movie to celebrate their birthdays. I guess we will tell them the good news then. (LOL) :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: