PDA

View Full Version : King bed at Beach Club?

brandt79
10-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Hi all - I posted this on the Yacht/Beach Club FAQ, but it doesn't get much traffic, so hoping someone else might know the answer:

My DH and I are staying at the BC for the first time, and I thought I read somewhere that there were only 13 rooms at the BC with king beds. We're just staying standard view, so I wondered if anyone knew if this was true, or what the chance of getting a King bed was? We share one at home, and are very used to the space.

HumphreytheBear
10-06-2006, 11:26 AM
There are very few King Beds at the Beach Club, that is correct (Yacht has more of an option). The Beach Club is more the "family side" with Yacht being the "convention" side, so there are more kings at Yacht than Beach. There are a handful of dedicated king beds at the Beach Club and there are also Murphy King beds (the ones that fold down from the wall, those can be pushed up for meetings, but for regular guests they are always down). With that said, because there tend to be a lot of families at the Beach, if you request a king your chances of getting one are good. Not guaranteed of course, but they are good.

mrmagicmph
10-10-2006, 10:05 PM
We just got back from BC where we were assigned room 4571. It has a king sized bed, view of the volleyball court, very quiet, diagonally across from the 1 car elevator near the quiet pool. All in all, a WONDERFUL room that we can HIGHLY recommend!

GIOny
10-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Not sure if this is true or not for the Beach Club, but when I asked about the rooms with a king bed in WL, they told me they were handicapped rooms. While that probably doesn't affect the room itself, it does change the bathroom setup.:sunny:

CDSTapisRouge
10-11-2006, 05:13 AM
Not sure if this is true or not for the Beach Club, but when I asked about the rooms with a king bed in WL, they told me they were handicapped rooms. While that probably doesn't affect the room itself, it does change the bathroom setup.:sunny:

The majority of Beach Club Accessible rooms are 2 queens. I don't recall their being any BC king rooms that were accessible (there might be one or two, but the majority are 2 queens). It has been a few years since I worked there, but unlike WL were 90% of king rooms are handicap accessible that is not the case at BC.