PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about CSR, please

lynninpa
10-05-2006, 09:14 PM
I read that CSR is divided into three "villages." (Casita, Rancho & Cabana)

-Is one "village" the preferred location when booking? Are there even preferred locations at CSR or would requesting one be just that-only a request?

-Is it true that the Casita village is typically used for conventioneers?

-Waterview. Just what does that mean at CSR? And is it true that most rooms in the Cabana village are "waterview?"

-Are there privacy curtains in front of the sinks in each room?

-Just what does Panchito mean? It is listed under Service & Ammenities.

-Just what is the 10% gratuity for at The Pepper Market? I was under the impression that is what the CS/foodcourt option at the resort?

Thank you! ;)

bab31
10-05-2006, 10:49 PM
I bumped the CSR thread up for you. It was one of the reasons we choose this resort. I will try to answer your questions, we dont go until January.

I think Cabanas is the most popular of the three villages. The casitas has more conventioners there. some say it is noisey.

I hear waterviews are just worth paying for since you dont have a private balconey. everyone has there own oppinion. I would rather pay for my king bed and hope for a waterview upgrade.

curtain???? I am not sure

There is a 10 percent gratuity at the pepper market if you dine in.

Check out the CSR thread!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1052833

DznyLvr2005
10-05-2006, 11:23 PM
I just LITERALLY came back today from CSR...
We were in Casitas Bldg 5.... the resort is TOOOO BIG! Took 10 mins to walk to get our free refills!
We had a water view room and all I saw was a tree with slight sparkle of water in the backround.
Yes there are privacy curtains.
I don't know anything about the gratuity cause I was on the (FREE!) dining plan!!!!

I MISS DISNEY!

SteveMouse
10-06-2006, 01:32 AM
I read that CSR is divided into three "villages." (Casita, Rancho & Cabana)

The outward appearance of the three sections differs appropriately- The Casitas looks more like a southwest (as interpreted by Imagineers) town, the Ranchero is more like a ranch environment (replete with cactus, but still green), while the cabanas are "beachlike." All rooms, regardless of section, are decorated consistently).

-Is one "village" the preferred location when booking? Are there even preferred locations at CSR or would requesting one be just that-only a request?
Pepper Market, the gift shop, bar, and front desk are all located nearest to (inside) Casitas, which is farthest from the themed Big Dig pool (and hot tub). - each village DOES have its own quiet pool.

It can take quite a few minutes to walk around the lake in the middle of the resort if you're just "running" to get a bite- there is a lite sandwich/bar at the Big Dig, but I REALLY don't like it, of course I don't much care for the food in Pepper Market, either- interestingly, it is NOT run by Disney).

I personally like Building 4 Casitas (about halfway between the Big Dig and the front desk). I also like Cabanas 9B, close to the Big Dig.

-Is it true that the Casita village is typically used for conventioneers?
CSR has a rather large convention center (and business). I've seen a BROAD spectrum of people stay in the casitas- it never seems to be a problem or issue.

-Waterview. Just what does that mean at CSR? And is it true that most rooms in the Cabana village are "waterview?"

Waterview, in Disneyspeak, means seeing the water, if even a slice, out the window to your hotel room. I personally don't go for the paid upgrade, but I spend an inordinately small amount of time in the room- typically out at 7am and back at 11pm (or later). I'd rather allocate the funds for a boat rental or other activity that gives me a more intense water experience.

-Are there privacy curtains in front of the sinks in each room? yes.

Panchito's is the gift shop.

-Just what is the 10% gratuity for at The Pepper Market? I was under the impression that is what the CS/foodcourt option at the resort?

The 10% is a bit of a bother- supposedly its for the staff to bus your table. There's a bit of a policy change- if you take your food OUT you may not have to pay it.

-Steve

Thank you!

Buzz2001
10-06-2006, 06:09 AM
Make your room request as soon as you make your reservation. It’s never too early. http://allearsnet.com/acc/cro1.htm

There will be some walking involved at CSR but not as bad as some make it out to be. The distance around the whole lake is just under a mile (.97 miles).

Walking Distances
From El Centro moving clockwise around the lake path to:
Casitas 3 = .16 miles
Casitas 4 = .24 miles
Casitas 5 = .27 miles
Ranchos = .46 miles

From El Centro to the Dig Site, via the bridge near the Cabanas
= .35 miles

From El Centro moving counterclockwise around the lake to:
Cabanas 9B = .16 miles
Cabanas 9A/8B = .22 miles
Cabanas 8A = .31 miles

Here are some good room choices...

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge. Most convenient location and most preferred.

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building. (Closest to the Pool)

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above. 9a has a quiet pool and is also a smoking optional building.

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views but you will have to walk or ride the internal shuttle to get to the pool.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building.

Buzz2001
10-06-2006, 06:13 AM
-Is one "village" the preferred location when booking? Are there even preferred locations at CSR or would requesting one be just that-only a request? see above post

-Is it true that the Casita village is typically used for conventioneers? yes, but they also stay in other parts of the resort

-Waterview. Just what does that mean at CSR? And is it true that most rooms in the Cabana village are "waterview?" It means the same as any WDW resort. Any room that can see a fountain, pool or lake.

-Are there privacy curtains in front of the sinks in each room? yes

-Just what does Panchito mean? It is listed under Service & Ammenities. It is the gift shop at CSR. Your packages and pictures are delivered there for pickup too

-Just what is the 10% gratuity for at The Pepper Market? I was under the impression that is what the CS/foodcourt option at the resort? The host/hostess seats you, a server brings your drinks and refills, clears your table, brings condiments and coffee. The tip is shared among all Pepper Market staff including the cooks.

Best Food Court – Voted by DIS’ers
Pepper Market (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1133200). Huge portions, great choices and tasty food. Lunch/Dinner Menu (http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_pm.htm)

Best Pool – Voted by Dis’ers
Best mod pool (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=830638). It offers a great slide (123 ft long), an arcade, a sand volleyball court, and a playground at the main pool area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT QUICK INFO (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=14470530#post14470530)

PEPPER MARKET FOOD PHOTOS (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=14470674#post14470674)

JUST BACK THREADS (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=14826549&postcount=412)

http://i3.tinypic.com/wb6r04.jpg

aka-mad4themouse
10-06-2006, 06:20 AM

Thank you! ;)
Panchito's is the gift shop.

The 10% gratuity at the Pepper Market is for those who choose to "dine in". At the Pepper Market, you will be seat and a member of the waitstaff will bring you real utensils (not plastic) and a cloth napkin. They will get your drinks for you and bring them to your table while you choose your food from the food court stations. They also bus your table while you're eating and when you're finished. A 10% gratuity is automatically added to your bill for this service. If you would rather not pay it, you can tell the CM that greets you that you will be doing takeout and your ticket will be marked that way. You can then take your food to the patio, pool area or your room for dining.

Buzz2001
10-06-2006, 06:46 AM
for take out, make sure you get a "TO GO" ticket. It is different.

dixiedizfan
10-06-2006, 06:47 AM
We stayed in Cabanas 8A on our CSR trip, and our building was full of conventioneers ... many of them were also staying in the Rancheros. And if you're on the dining plan, the 10% gratuity is included. Pepper Market is the best bang for your buck as far as using your CS credits.

rie'smom
10-06-2006, 08:25 AM
We were in Casitas and it was very quiet.
I don't think there is a bad section @ CSR.
Some complain that it's too big. I don't get it. Yes,there's some walking but I'm almost 50 years old and the walk was very pleasant.
There's also shuttles(golf carts)to transport you around the resort if you don't want to walk.
So what if there's a10% gratuity-don't people usually leave a tip.
The food at the Pepper Market is very good and there's a large variety.
If you have children-or even if you don't-the Dig site is awesome.
There is a privacy curtain.
We had a discounted room w/parking lot view only you couldn't see the parking lot because the landscaping is so lush.