PDA

View Full Version : crowded???

PistolPete
10-04-2006, 10:39 PM
It seems like the week of December 3rd is going to be busy.

We have 3 rooms in POP but could only get 2 preferred. What's going on besides Pop Warner.

We've stayed this week every other year and there's no rooms at CR, BI, YC, BC for my parents. I'm ok with POP, I actually like it, but the 3rd room is for my parents and if they can't be in preferred, they wanted a deluxe.

I'm striking out.

ClareH37
10-05-2006, 06:27 AM
There's also Mousefest, and I've also been told by a CM that there's an unusually high number of conventions that week, and also a major job fair at the Swan/Dolphin. If this is correct, hopefully the parks should not be too bad during the days.

4theloveofdisney
10-05-2006, 06:50 AM
Also, the closer you get to Christmas, the higher the crowd levels.

deejohn
10-05-2006, 11:19 AM
We stayed in CSR last year and were told that the bookings were up 40% from prior years. CM though it was due to the Value season rates being taken advantaged of.

This year their is Mousefest, Pop Warner, and 3 conventions (CSR, CR, and Swan). They also discounted the rooms for the this time period to increase bookings...it appearently worked.

I was origianlly booked at POP, but then changed my mind when I saw the boards go crazy with people going the 1st & 2nd week in Dec, so I wanted to upgrade to a MOD, but Disney Travel only had CBR open...EVERYTHING else was booked.

I really expect it to be crowed this year...hope I get a seat on the bus and can get into the parks!!!

PistolPete
10-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Yeah, but Mousefest is , what, Thursday-Sunday? 3 conventions, but that shouldn't cause this. I don't know. I see that there's room only discounts for the week before and the week after. I just picked wrong this year.