PDA

View Full Version : Back From CSR...We loved it!!!

wirki
10-04-2006, 08:23 PM
We just got back on Sunday and after a major rain storm, power outage and flooding in my basement, I am finally getting to share my experience with everyone. We stayed at CSR Sept. 23rd-Oct. 1st. We were located in 8A Cabanas. It was a good location for what we needed. It was close to the pool and the bus stop. And just a bridge away from the Pepper Market. It was really hot the week we were there so we ended up using the pool almost everyday. I liked being able to just walk over and swim for an hour and walk back quickly. ( I have a 4 year old and a 5 month old. We went to the pool alot during the little ones nap) I think next time I would like to try the Casitas. They just seemed nicer.
Anyway the bus system was great. I was worried the first day when we waited for 20 minutes to get to MK. But that ended up being our longest wait. And the buses were never crowded. I think that only one time did I see people standing. It was on a bus leaving DD on Sat night. We just missed it and another one came about 10-15 min later. We all had room to spread out.
The Pepper Market was great for lunch and dinner. Not a big fan of their breakfast. Choices seemed limited during breakfast. We were on the dining plan, so maybe that is why. Food at lunch and dinner was wonderful. Huge portion. I did think that the alfredo sauce could use some more butter, but that just might be me. :goodvibes
If anyone has any questions I will try and answer them. It was a great trip and we had a wonderful time. (Even with those nasty lovebugs tryng to invade our dance space all week)

Debbie

sherreis
10-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Always glad to read a good review of CSR since we'll be there over Thanksgiving. Welcome home! Sorry about the flooding - I hope not too much was damaged.

KarlaG4Kids
10-04-2006, 08:47 PM
We were there (but staying at POP) the same time as you. We had quite a lot of crowds on our busses, so we love hearing about your experience because we are going to be staying at CSR in December. I think we will love it.

Schucraig
10-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the review! I can't wait only a few more weeks and we'll be at CSR! :banana:

epcotfan
10-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Glad you had a good time. I just booked my 5th trip to CSR a couple of weeks ago. :)

Badllamamama
10-05-2006, 04:46 AM
Thanks for sharing!!

Buzz2001
10-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Great review, thanks for sharing!!

DreaminDisney
10-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Thanks for review! :)

Lilolvr
10-05-2006, 01:27 PM
I never get tired of reading all these great CSR reviews!! Thanks for sharing!! :thumbsup2 :love:

modernscarlett
10-05-2006, 01:58 PM
These great reviews are just so reassuring that I made the right choice for our first family trip and just make me so impatient to get there myself Thanksgiving week!!!

Thanks so much for sharing.

PrincessJasmine08
10-05-2006, 03:10 PM
I am absolutely thrilled to keep reading these positive reviews!!!! We booked CSR for December and I am getting more and more excited. Thanks for taking the time to post. :thumbsup2

sherreis
10-05-2006, 05:32 PM
These great reviews are just so reassuring that I made the right choice for our first family trip and just make me so impatient to get there myself Thanksgiving week!!!

Thanks so much for sharing.

You took all the words right out of my mouth!

Lexxiefern
10-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Great review! How did you like the slide? We love it!

Micca
10-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Sorry about the flooding--that is such a nasty mess. We always enjoy CSR, and it has really picked up steam on these boards during the past year or so.:earsboy:

byoung
10-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Thanks for your review on CSR.

wirki
10-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Great review! How did you like the slide? We love it!
My DH and I loved the slide. I could not get my DD to go down. Although one day she did help open the slide up.

Sorry about the flooding--that is such a nasty mess.

It was a mess. We saw that the street outside our house was starting to fill up, so we knew it was just a matter of time. The rain just came down too fast. I luckly got alot upstairs before it got to be ankle deep. Only had to throw away 11 bags of stuff. (probably stuff I should have gotten rid of years ago)

Hope all that are heading down to CSR have a wonderful time!!

dolphin01
10-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Thanks for sharing, great review!!

Buzz'sBetterHalf
10-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Awesome, thanks for sharing!! :cheer2:

katter24
10-07-2006, 07:22 AM
Every time I check out the new reviews about CSR I get more and more excited about having chosen this resort and look forward to my trip that much more:thumbsup2 I don't think I will make a request for a specific room as we have never been there before and might just like the area they give us......just a little over 2 weeks, can't wait......:dancer: :dancer: :love2: :drinking1 my ADR's are Alfredo's, San Angel Inn, Boma's, Le Cellier and the Rose and Crown.....:cake: :tinker:
Thank you so much for your review!!!!!