PDA

View Full Version : Please, Who would I write a letter of concern to?

Figment's friends
10-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Our recent stay was at a Disney resort. We had SEVERAL problems, some of them quite serious. I have much documentation to provide to the prpoer people, my question is WHO? I don't want to get into all that happened on this board just yet because I would like to write up an official letter describing what we encountered and then the response from Disney Guest services. Please can anyone help me out with the info I need? Thanks alot! (One bad vacation, but we can never be mad at the mouse- it isn't his fault!) Thanks Tabitha

disneyag
10-04-2006, 03:36 PM
You can contact the general manager of the specific Disney Resort that you stayed in.

Trekker
10-04-2006, 04:27 PM
I would start here:

https://secure.disney.go.com/wdw/contact/contactUs

Alicnwondrln
10-04-2006, 04:33 PM
ok ill ask what happened

OKW Lover
10-04-2006, 04:54 PM
You don't say just what the problem was, but I hope you brought it up to the manager at the time it happened. If you did so and it wasn't fixed, then you should have moved up the chain from there. Getting problems resolved while you are there and something can be done is much better than getting an appology letter later.

mom2of2
10-04-2006, 05:02 PM
OP, please don't take this as a flame...cause it's not but if you didn't voice your displeasure at the time of the dissatisfaction then writting anything now just looks like buyers remorse and that you are looking for compensation.
Good luck with your letter

TammiMcMan
10-04-2006, 05:20 PM
ok ill ask what happenedI think this thread gets into some of the explanation, http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1237666.

Alicnwondrln
10-04-2006, 05:25 PM
thanks tammi

Figment's friends
10-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Righto, that is part of where our problems began, but they were extensive and were not resolved during our 18day stay. I did speak to several different managers about our various problems and have documented what I was told by each one at each different turn. AT ANY POINT during our stay all it would have taken is for ONE person to look into our issues and have them resolved once and for all. I was rational in my deali8ngs with them until the 14th day where my mother had had enough of being belittled and left. ( To give you an example of what I dealt with the night she booked her ticket to leave one of the managers I had been trying to explain our situation to told me "I realize the beginning of your vacation has not gone the way you had hoped. I can give you park tickets so in the morning before your mother leaves she can go to the park with you and little Jerry-Lee.....------ In actuality Jerry- LYNN was the little girl we were travelling with and we were still owed one days park tickets that I had paid for on my reservation so it is not like she would be doing any favours to us just finally 14 days in giving us the remainder of our purchased tickets. Not to mention that my mother was being picked up by the ME at 9:00 am. I wasn't actually given the owed tickets until 8:55am as my mother boarded the ME and I stood crying. ----That is from ONE of the managers I spoke with, one of the last ones actually.-

I know we are a Disney loving board here and I really just want to give Disney a chance to respond to what I experienced. I spoke to several people on several levels and no one seemed able to follow what had actually happened. We ended up with 7 separate ressies during our stay and each time had to have new tickets cut and each time it messed up my dining reservations. Every manager assured me they would take care of it (it being whatever they had messed up at the time... ie: not adding our plus options on our tickets or the day my mother's card stopped working so when she left the park to get it fixed at the resort,,,, only they cancelled MY card and reissued her a new card in my name, which we didn't know about until I tried to park hop and was denied acess. ) I was offered free park tickets at every turn but no one wanted to address or fix once and for all the problems. These are a couple of the issues I have, I think it should be enough to justify my need to have my complaints acknowledged. I now have a clear paper trail I would like to pass on to them. Please don't belittle me I am trying to sort out a very complicated and confusing mess and mot importantly trying to do it without bashing anyone. Thank you, Tabitha :blush: I might add I did meet at least 5 REALLY AWESOME cast members. I WILL tell all about them when I get the chance.

mom2of2
10-04-2006, 07:15 PM
we do understand Tabitha we are just wondering what you hoped to accomplish by writing a letter? Do you want to let Disney managers know what happened so that another guest doesn't go through the same problems? or are you looking for compensation?

DreaminDisney
10-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Good luck Tabitha.

Kasmir
10-04-2006, 07:21 PM
we do understand Tabitha we are just wondering what you hoped to accomplish by writing a letter? Do you want to let Disney managers know what happened so that another guest doesn't go through the same problems? or are you looking for compensation?

I don't get it... She asked for some ideas, she got them. Why do you care WHY she's writing? :confused3

bonzarella
10-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Tabitha, I am so so sorry about your family situation. I just briefly glanced at the posted thread. Please know you are in our hearts & prayers :grouphug:
Bon

safetymom
10-04-2006, 07:42 PM
There is no need to attack each other. The posters are trying to help.

Figment's friends
10-04-2006, 07:45 PM
I am not writing asking for or expecting anything. I felt like we went through every glitch in the system and to be honest I would think twice before returning to Disney Orlando which pains me to say because we used to go every 9 months. The words 'trust me and have a magical day' don't mean much to me anymore....
I have never been spoken to in the tone that I encountered with resort management though. Everyone was wanting to put bandaids on issues we had- most without even listening to me explain what had happened with our reservation. 6 days after initial check in -the plus options were finally added on our tickets and the resort manager there said, "We went ahead and added the pluses since you've encountered so many problems." I was happy they had FINALLY fixed that problem but I made them go pull up my confirmation on my TA's website to confirm that I had PAID for that option. I had to fight right up until day 14 to get all the tickets I had paid for on my package. No one should have to worry every day if they can get into the parks they paid for. (we had problems at admission gates SEVERAL times)
I am not looking for anyone's blessing to write Disney about my experiences. I assure you it will take me a good deal of time to document fully what happened to our reservation over the 18 days I was there. I DO want answers as to why some things happened, and I also have several suggestions as to how to better handle similar issues in the future.

I was actually hoping for the guest services address... I have the email addy but as I have pages and pages from all of our different resevations I think and actual address would be better. Thanks Tabitha

Figment's friends
10-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Hi Bon! I'm glad you are home safe. Thank you. I will P.M. you and let you know what's going on here when it happens.

TammiMcMan
10-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Just wondering if you involved Dreams Unlimited at any point during your trip. I know the fault wasn't theirs, but curious as to whether they were able to help you out at all in dealing with the "higher ups" at Disney. Also, since your return, have you touched base with your Dreams Unlimited contact to see if they can offer any assistance on who to contact. I think that help before, during and after a trip is part of the reason why some of us choose a travel agent to begin with.

Figment's friends
10-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, I will be contacting DU and letting them know exactly what happened and of course sending them the response I receive. While I was actually there I didn't get them involved (other then having the front desk pull up my confirmation.) Each person I spoke with assured me that they would take care of everything. It wasn't until day 14 I realized fully that REALLY WASN'T the case and by that time my mother had already left and there was really nothing anyone could do to put me in a Disney mood.

As they say hindsight is 20/20. I had actually packed with me unused 7 day park hopper pluses that I had purchased for a different trip just in case we wanted a couple extra days. Now that I'm back I realized we could have used them when we were denied access and then had them reimburse us later, but as I say... hindsight. That is part of what bothered me about the constant offer of free tickets when they weren't paying attention to the problem- I had tickets coming out of my mouse ears, just wanted to be able to access the ones I had just paid for. :rolleyes:

limabeanmom2003
10-04-2006, 08:25 PM
So sorry you encountered so many problems, Tabitha. I can imagine how frustrating it must have been to have problems with your tickets multiple times. I think that if it happens once, I wouldn't mind as long as they fix it correctly. But when you encounter problems over and over again and feel like no one is listening to you then I would be angry too! And the fact that they were trying to make you feel like they were giving you something for your trouble (the plus options) when you had in fact paid for those, well that's just insulting. I hope you get resolution.

Sammie
10-04-2006, 10:02 PM
If you mail concerns to the managers, they go right back to Guest Communications. Best to just save the trouble and possiblity of it getting lost and send it to Guest Communications.

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Be sure to include your confirmation number from your reservation, also that you booked with a Travel Agent. Also any names, dates and times you remember. Your full name and address and phone number.

And provide a day time contact number where they can reach you.

PS: not sure about the specifics of your problems with your Room keys and tickets but FYI, they are very easy to demagnitize. If you get them near other credit cards, cell phones, any type of magnet such as the ones some purses have they will stop working.

Reppstir
10-04-2006, 11:23 PM
It is a shame to hear of your difficulties. And we have heard your side of the story. I wonder what Disney's side is, so that we could decide what really happened.
Been to WDW many times. Have had our share of glitches with rooms, tickets, etc. But have never not had things resolved to our total satisfaction.
Wondering how well you were able to explain what the problems actually were. Just seems that something isn't quite right.

I hope that all future trips are wonderful and NO GLITCHES!!

JPN4265
10-05-2006, 05:19 AM
Our recent stay was at a Disney resort. We had SEVERAL problems, some of them quite serious. I have much documentation to provide to the prpoer people, my question is WHO? I don't want to get into all that happened on this board just yet because I would like to write up an official letter describing what we encountered and then the response from Disney Guest services. Please can anyone help me out with the info I need? Thanks alot! (One bad vacation, but we can never be mad at the mouse- it isn't his fault!) Thanks Tabitha

Hope everything works out. :sunny:

ConcKahuna
10-05-2006, 08:11 AM
You can also e-mail wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

ducklite
10-05-2006, 08:22 AM
If you send a long winded letter with pages and pages of documentation, it will be disregarded. Keep it brief and concise. Simply state that "we encountered numerous problems with park entry due to our keys not being coded correctly based on the package we purchased, and despite speaking to several managers, it took until the 14th day of our vaation to rectify."

Enclose a copy of your paperwork from your TA showing the type of package you purchased. Keep in mind that A. it might have been a communication problem caused by your TA, and B. you should have called the TA to step in and work with WDW to correct the issues--that's why they get paid. YOu said you had to pull it up on a computer--didn't you have written printed confirmations in hand when you checked in?

As far as the incorrect room type, that's something that frankly you should have addressed at check-in, and simply asked to be moved if the room didn't suit your needs. Frankly I see that as your fault, not theirs as you didn't speak up or address it from the start.

The problem with the room keys is something that they should have addressed and fixed correctly the first time, and I can empathize having had that problem myself in the past, and that is a legitimate complaint.

Anne

Trekker
10-05-2006, 08:31 AM
Hi Folks

Let's please keep in mind the the OP simply asked for an address to write to - they did not ask for each one of us to tell them what they should have done.

I think we each would have handled these types of problems differently based on who we are.

Some of us have very strong personalities and will address each and every issue that we think is wrong immediately.
Some of us are more tolerant of things not being exactly as we had thought they would be and we just go with the flow.

I can see why the OP stated - I don't want to get into all that happened on this board just yet because I would like to write up an official letter describing what we encountered and then the response from Disney Guest services. but we would not be happy until we convinced them to tell us.

I myself have let things slide even at WDW - such as having a room farther from the pool than I thought I would or on a different floor or ??????? But then sometimes these problems start to build one after another and finally enough is enough and I decide to talk with someone to make it right.

So let's cut the OP some slack just because they did not handle this just like you would does not mean they are wrong to now write and let guest relations know their disappointment

mom2my3kids
10-05-2006, 08:34 AM
I am so sorry this happend. I hope you get some answers to why no one helped you.. :hug:

Lewisc
10-05-2006, 09:05 AM
I didn't read the other thread. I don't know exactly what problems you encountered. I agree with the previous posters regarding writing to guest communications if your problems were stuff like room key and park pass issues. BUT

If you reserved, and required, a handicap accessible room and the hotel refused to give you one AND if they refused to find you a suitable room in another resort I'D COMPLAIN to corporate, possibly a letter to Mr. Iger. Let the complaint letter filter down instead of filtering up.

Anne is right, keep the letter short and to the point.

Figment's friends
10-05-2006, 12:01 PM
I get the short and concise bit, I'm wondering if I make the actual letter short and concise and then just referenced the attatched paperwork at apropriate points?

I refuse to take offense to negative posters, honestly I haven't touched the tip of the barrel of what happened over the actual 18 days and I don't feel the need to go through it all here. That was never my intention when posting. It is interesting to note that some people hear part of the story and assume they know the answers.... much like every manager I encountered. :rolleyes: I thank everyone who has had honestly constructive ideas to help me. THAT is the principle of all things Disney.

dance2874
10-05-2006, 12:32 PM
I just wanted to say I am SO sorry to hear about your trip ending up this way! I know how magical you wanted it to be, and I now you certainly made the trip more magical for my daughter. I hope you get some answers from the appropriate sources at Dsiney.

And for what its worth, I can see why you didnt complain about the room right away. You probably thought it wouldnt be that HUGE of a deal and you would make the best of it. Who knew the whole trip would take such a turn :guilty:

TheRustyScupper
10-05-2006, 12:49 PM
1) When you write your complaint letter, as mentioned, be brief.
2) Short, concise statements are ALWAYS to best way to communicate.
3) Put the individual complaints into bullet-item format.
. . . easy to read
. . . easy to understand
. . . shows professionalism
. . . hard to name-call anyone
. . . really makes you think hard in order to be that brief
. . . use as many CM or manager names as possible
4) Definitely refrain from turn-off cliché phrases such as
. . . "and we go every single year"
. . . "you won't see me at WDW ever again"
. . . "don't know why I chose this resort"
. . . "we are your biggest customers"
. . . "you people don't care anymore"

5) I would ask for a personal reply from Guest Services to discuss problems.

Lewisc
10-05-2006, 12:58 PM
I'd concentrate on the really bad things.

A year ago a poster had a thread with complaints. The complaints included loud guests and a new room was too far from the food court. One complaint was they wouldn't have purchased refillable mugs if they knew where their final room was going to be. Those kinds of complaints tend to make your entire letter look suspect. Skip the minor stuff or just aggregate them into one sentence.

I'm not sure what you're looking for. Unless you're putting in a formal claim, or need to show you're owed money or park passes, I'd skip the documentation. Disney will let you know if they need it. Now if Disney owes you money or passes attach the documentation and refer to it.

Decide what you're looking for. Does Disney owe you money? Do you think they owe you a credit for a future trip? Do you just want a contact person so if you go back you can get those kinds of issues solved in advance? Disney isn't going to tell you if an employee is disciplined or even fired as a result of your complaint. I don't even think Disney is going to give you an explanation, unless they can document the fact that your TA made the mistake. I'm not even sure if they care about your ideas on how to solve similar problems. I'd keep most of your suggestions out of your letter. The hotel doesn't really know your room is unacceptable unless you unequivocally tell them that it's not and what kind of room you require.

I had a trip in which a lot of stuff went bad. I met the assistant manager, got his card and my problems were solved as I brought them to his attention. An example; the gift shop couldn't find stuff that we had shipped from a park. After two days of being told they didn't have time to look through the back and see if it was there somewhere I called the manager. He said the gift shop people don't report to the resort manager so he just sent someone to the Disney-MGM Studios to re-purchase the missing stuff.

It's always better to try to solve the problems when you're there. Nothing Disney can do now will make your trip better.

I get the short and concise bit, I'm wondering if I make the actual letter short and concise and then just referenced the attatched paperwork at apropriate points?

I refuse to take offense to negative posters, honestly I haven't touched the tip of the barrel of what happened over the actual 18 days and I don't feel the need to go through it all here. That was never my intention when posting. It is interesting to note that some people hear part of the story and assume they know the answers.... much like every manager I encountered. :rolleyes: I thank everyone who has had honestly constructive ideas to help me. THAT is the principle of all things Disney.