PDA

View Full Version : Off-Brand Car Rentals at LAX/SNA

Dale-n-Chip
10-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Anybody have experience with the off-brand car rental agencies at LAX/SNA? They are about HALF the price of the low-end "name brand" agencies (Enterprise, Alamo, etc.). I'm talking about Ace, Payless, Fox, etc.

I'm hesitant to go with a no-name rental company. . . but fifty bucks as opposed to a hundred for the car rental. . . that's a lot of Mickey Bars!

I've got one trip in to SNA in late October and another into LAX in late Nov/early Dec.

Any opinions or advice welcome and appreciated!

staley7580
10-02-2006, 11:58 PM
I dont know about the off brand rentals, but I have a costco membership and I am saving almost 50% off the other places with budget rental. We are going out of lax for 9 days in a full size car and it is only costing us $150. I cant find anything cheaper than that.

kaygela
10-04-2006, 10:31 PM
We used Payless in Kauai this past summer.We didn't have any problems whatsoever. The only thing was we had wanted a navigation system and they didn't carry them. Other than that, they were fine.

Mistyhon
01-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Hi could you tellme how you got 50% off your rental with your costco membership? I am a member also and was just wondering .
thanks

Zoemakes5
01-30-2007, 05:05 PM
We've used payless a few times and really liked them. Not from LAX, from Las Vegas. Got a beautiful, very comfortable minivan.

tracys2cents
01-31-2007, 07:10 PM
Have heard some complaints about the lower-end companies like Payless practically holding you hostage until you agree to purchase additional insurances or an upgraded car.