PDA

View Full Version : January 26, 2002 Magic Cruisers!!!!!!!!!

funetics
11-14-2001, 01:10 PM
I had posted in another thread about starting a thread for us, and no one else did, so I thought I would.
Anyone going on the Jan 26 7 day Magic please post here so we know who's going!!!

We are 3, Me, My DH, and our DD3 (Actually it's for her 3rd birthday)
We're coming from Calgary, Alberta Canada.

Nicole

Lisa7mike
11-14-2001, 01:53 PM
:cool:
We will be there also.

Me, DH and our DD's 4 and 8.

We will be coming from Philadelphia.

ktharris
11-14-2001, 02:02 PM
God Willing, we will be there also!!!

Myself (40), DH (45), and our 2 youngest children...DD (8) and DS (5). Our two oldest sons (19 & 18) will be reamainig at home this time.

I am very excited about this vacation. It will be in celebration of our 20th anniversary. The great price reduction we got really added to the excitement.

We will be traveling from the New York area. We had made flight arrangements on our own, but those flights were cancelled. We still have to work that part out. We would like to leave Friday and stay at the airport or the port the night before.

I would also like to make a beverage stop...I love my Diet Coke and my husband is a big non-alcholic beer drinker. They were both hard to come by on our last cruise. I even drink Diet Coke with breakfast and you couldn't get it at the buffet.

We are staying in room #6556. This will be our first time with a verandah.

Looking forward to planning with all the rest of the 1/26 cruisers!!

Kathy

Timon
11-14-2001, 02:09 PM
Small world indeed....two more Calgarians :D

We had been booked for the 4 -day but this past week DCL lowered their 7 day to only $185 more than the 4 day so we put down our deposit! Good thing too, yesterday they raised it over $400 US!

Yahoo :p

badger5
11-14-2001, 02:20 PM
We will also be cruising on Jan. 26. It will be myself 36, DH 35, DS 8, DD 7, and DS 23 months. We are coming dwn earlier in the week and staying at the Radisson. My son is interested in NASA, so we will be going to the Kennedy Space Center Friday before the cruise. We will be in room 8042. Can't wait.

Patty

P.S. Jody from WI - would you please e-mail. I lost your e-mail address!!

Alihall
11-14-2001, 02:57 PM
Can't Wait!!!!!! Me(40), DH(42), DS(12) & DD(3.5). We will be cominging into Orlando from the frigid Northeast(upstate NY) on Fri 1/25 and staying at the Radisson. My email is ahall@twcny.rr.com.

CyndiRae1
11-14-2001, 04:19 PM
Us tooo...Me, my Dad and DS 13, DS 9....We are staying at CBR first for 4 days then off to the Magic..This will be our first cruise but 3rd time in WDW....we are sooooo excited and in need of a vacation...we should all plan to meet when on the ship....

krerd
11-14-2001, 05:49 PM
DH (45) and myself (45) also getting ready for January 26th. Just upgraded from cat 6 to cat 4 and still saved $500. Also looking forward to those $99 vouchers for next fall. See ya there!!

funetics
11-14-2001, 07:40 PM
Timon--that's great to see more calgarians! Are you collecting Disney Pins? and get them at Chinook?? Just wondering as we are and you're picture looks a little familiar.

Alihall-- I hope our DD can get together and play as they will be very close in age.

We are flying in the day before--using Disney Air, so we'll be staying at the Hyatt. We're in room 7121 on the ship.

Talking about frigid? Have you ever seen Calgary in the winter if there is no chinook??

I agree we should plan a meeting on board, I think it would be great to know everyone we converse with here on the boards.

redpants
11-14-2001, 08:08 PM
Count me in too! I'll be traveling the long trek from sunny Orlando....

Along with me are my DH (34) and DS (who although only 18 months at the time will be on his THIRD Disney cruise!)

momofjenna
11-14-2001, 08:16 PM
We will also be on the Magic January 26th. We are myself, DH and DD who is 5 years old. We are traveling from Clearwater FL so we only have about a 2 1/2 hour drive. This is our 2nd cruise. We were on the Magic in June of this year. Our DD had such a great time in the kids club that we had to go again and the January specials were too good to pass up!!! We will be on deck 6. Hope to see everyone on board!!!!:) :) :)

Timon
11-14-2001, 09:42 PM
funetics: No, I"m not a pin collector, but half my house has Disney stuff all over it :rolleyes: You might have seem me lingering in the Chinook Disney Store :p

Dis Meet sounds good to us! It will be our first! We keep wearing our lime green ribbons to WDW but haven't seen any others :(

From all the trip reports I have read, it seems like right after the boat drill is a good time for DIS meets...for the sail away party. Decks 9 or 10??

Any thoughts?

There's also two other DISers who haven't replied yet to this post that I thought were going as well...where are you jbusch and mickeyschickie???

That would make it 12 DISers and families!

funetics
11-14-2001, 10:12 PM
The time sounds great for a get together. I have seen a lot of people talk about "LIME GREEN" ribbons, shirts, etc...... could someone please explain????:(
We are so looking forward to this cruise it's unbelieveable, of course my husband is sure that I have jumped off the deep end with the amount of time I spend on this board. :D :D
Timon are you doing Disney Air?? Have you ever done Disney air?Just wondering the carrier from here in Calgary? Any inside info would be great.
My DD is so excited to go on the "Mickey Boat" as she calls it. She has all the ports of call down, although sometimes castaway cay is hard to say. She is really excited that there will be other kids to play with at the clubs and is really looking forward to playing in the kids clubs.
Nicole

sjedelen
11-15-2001, 07:43 AM
We are going as well. Just confirmed with our travel agent yesterday. My wife and I and Connor (16 month old) are staying in a category 6 cabin with verandah. We are so excited! We are from Louisville, Kentucky as well. Hope to see some of you guys on the cruise.

Timon
11-15-2001, 12:11 PM
funetics:
We booked this time with Aeroplan miles. We are flying Air Canada to Chicago then United to Orlando and United back to Calgary through Denver.

I would have a hard time booking with Disney Air because every time I have checked it is way more expensive than if I booked on my own. Last year we paid $650/ticket on American Airlines and the year before it was $600/ticket with Northwest (for our friends).

Unless you got a really good deal or you can't change it, I would look into prices for airlines. Especially now, you might get a good deal.
I would check:
-Air Canada
-Air Transat
-Continental
-United Airlines
-Northwest

I believe they all go to MCO with only one stop. Cheapest prices I have found are at Discount Travel Warehouse on Macleod Tr near Chinook.
Good Luck!

The lime green ribbons/t-shirts etc is the unofficial colour of the DIS. People wear ribbons to show that they are part of the DIS hoping to meet other DISers. We have worn them for two trips unsuccessfully:(

Okay, unofficially, there are 14 DISers on this cruise + families..should make for a good DIS Meet don't ya think????:p

Okay so, how about it? After the boat drill on Deck 9 or 10? Not sure which deck would be better for a meet??? Any experience with this???

One other note: Perhaps we can post a pic of ourselves so we can recognize each other?? It would make it easier!

Hubby and I will be wearing our Guest of Honor Badges (Rob & Cass)

http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/timon/CassnRobInnoventions.jpg

Fishboneć
11-15-2001, 01:31 PM
This is our cruise date too. My best friend and I are celebrating our 30th birthdays with a cruise. 30!!! :eek: I can't believe it!!!! Will life ever be fun again?? Anyway, this is a first for both of us. Can someone give me some tips on the boarding times and how to coordinate all of that?? Will we need to fly in the night before? We will be flying in from Minnesota, so wear your sunglasses when you see us!!!!! We don't get to see the sun much this time of year. ;)

eeyorefreak
11-15-2001, 05:29 PM
We will be there too! With such great rates, I'm trying to convince the rest of the family to join us . As of now, it's just me (29) and DH(30). Hope to see you all there!

Shannon :D

fl
11-15-2001, 09:01 PM
We will be there too! Me(39) DW(38) DD(4). While others are going south and some others east, we will be driving north from South Florida. We'll be staying in Deck 7. Looking forward to make great friends.

Alihall
11-16-2001, 12:04 PM
Hi guys! Just an update to push us to the top again....Hee Hee.....We're staying in room 6614 w/verandah!:pinkbounc Looking for 12 yr old boys for our DS to email with? Maybe they can buddyup before cruise. Hoping DD-3.5 will like the club. - She just loves Minnie & Mickey and gets so excited when we watch the cruise video. We're so looking forward to Palos, Spa and just relaxing. I've got to stop eating:( soon. We'll be at the Radison the night before. I love this board - I'm so addicted!!!!

Alison

funetics
11-17-2001, 01:14 AM
Timon,
I have checked all the airlines with a very reliable travel agent with very good prices and the lowest that I can get is within about $50 of Disney Air. I figured with the complimentary transfers and hotel we were just better off staying with Disney. Air Canada actually says the lowest price is over $3500 taxes in :eek:

Are there any past cruisers who have any idea whether deck 9 or 10 is better for a meet?? After the life boat drill sounds great!!!!!

Alihall--my DD (3) thinks the video is something to watch at least 6 times a day. My husband believes I've brainwashed her too. (I love these boards and spend so much time on them that he knows I've been brainwashed.:D LOL.) Hopefully the girls can meet up in the club.

I like the idea of the pictures, if I can just figure out how to do it.????????? Help???????
Nicole

Timon
11-17-2001, 11:29 AM
Okay...were not getting too many ideas...so...

How about:

DIS Meet
4:30 pm-ish
Starboard (right, closest to the terminal)
Deck 10, overlooking Goofy Pool (you can see your kids from this area if they want to be at the pool!)

Wear lime green ribbons or a name badge or even better, post a pic here in this thread so at least a few of us can recognize each other.

Here's who we are so far: (please correct me if I am wrong)

funetics (Nicole), DH, DD
Lisa7mike, DH, DD, DD
ktharris (Kathy), DH, DD, DS
badger5 (Patty), DH, DS, DS, DD
Alihall (Alison), DH, DS, DD
CyndiRae1, DF, DS, DS
krerd, DH
redpants, DH, DS
momofjenna, DH, DD
sjedelen, DW, DS
eeyorefreak (Shannon), DH, possibly DF, DM, DFIL, DMIL
Fishbone, DF
fl, DW, DD
Timon (Cass), DH

ktharris
11-18-2001, 08:08 AM
How many of us are arriving the day/night before? Where are you staying, how are you getting there, what kind of rates and how did you get them? I am looking for ideas and input!!

Thanks,
Kathy

ktharris
11-19-2001, 07:15 PM
Timon,

The meet sounds good to me....anything sounds good to me....I'm sailing on the Magic!! LOL

Kathy

Timon
11-19-2001, 08:48 PM
Kathy,

LOL, I know what you mean! This cruise is my dream come true! I am SO EXCITED!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

We are arriving the Saturday before to spend a week in WDW before the cruise.

60 more days!!!!!!!!!

badger5
11-20-2001, 09:29 PM
We are flying in the Thursday before the cruise to Orlando, renting a car from Avis, and staying at the Radisson. We are planning on going to the Kennedy Space Center on Friday, then off to the Carribean on Saturday. Can't wait!!

Patty

funetics
11-21-2001, 10:23 PM
Kathy--We're flying in on the Friday and staying whereever disney gives us:D We think (based on these boards) It will be the Hyatt, then using Disney transfers to get to port.

Cass--the meet time sounds great!!!! Thanks for the info on the lime green:D

We make our final payment on Friday, looking very forward to it!!!

Nicole

Lisa7mike
11-27-2001, 07:12 PM
Meeting on board sounds great!

Lisa:smooth:

funetics
12-03-2001, 06:16 PM
We were supposed to post a picture of us, so here is one of us
Me (Nicole), DH (Tim) and DD (Alyssa)http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/cass27/funetics.jpg

marianne98
12-12-2001, 03:46 PM
We're in for the 26th too, Me and MY Husband and our Daughter who will be celebrating her 4th Birthday on the 30th! Will be very nice meeting you all!

Sincerely,

NJPhyl
12-13-2001, 06:35 AM
Hi Everyone -

This is my very first post on this forum. We will be joining you on the Disney Magic 1/26/02 Cruise - Me (38), my DH (38) and our DD (will be 4 on 2/16). We are looking forward to kicking back and relaxing and are also hoping our DD loves the kiddie club. Look forward to meeting all of you. Merry Christmas everyone! :bounce:

funetics
12-13-2001, 12:26 PM
NJPhyl & mariane98 our DD are all very close to the same age. Our DD Alyssa will be 3 for the cruise(it's actually for her birthday) I hope you saw the posting about our meet time on the Saturday!! Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

I have seen that some people for the Jan 19 sailing have got their documents, I wonder if ours will be coming soon:rolleyes:
Nicole

dbcruise
12-15-2001, 01:31 AM
Hello I and my dd(8) will be there we get into Orlando at 1am not sure how we are getting to port yet .coming from at this moment a freezing cold, wet S. Calif . Since I am sure my child will want to stay in kids club more then with me I will love to meet up with some other Dis people .

LisaTxUsa
12-18-2001, 04:35 PM
Me (39) and my kiddo (11) will be taking our 2nd Disney cruise (1st 7-day cruise!) on Jan 26th. We did the Land/Sea package last year (4 nighs at WDW & 3 nights on the Wonder). I worried last year that as a single mom I'd be surrounded by the more traditional families (mom, dad & kids) but I ran into a few (very few) single parents.

We're on Deck 6.

Any tips on how to handle the school's administration group when I tell them I am pulling my son out of school for a week? I did it last year and they gave me a very bad time!

wovenwonder
12-18-2001, 04:56 PM
LisaTxUsa - welcome to the DIS boards - glad to see that the link I gave you worked okay. I am not on this cruise with you though:( . You're question about how to approach the school administration is a very good question. May I suggest that you start a seperate thread on that topic to help you get a better variety of ideas.

Diana and Toby
12-19-2001, 11:29 AM
Add us to the list. We are a group of 8, MIL, FIL, me (Diana) 36, DH (Toby) 36, DS (Brian) 14, DD (Ashley) 13, DS (Alex) 11, cousin (Tyler) 10.

This is our second Disney cruise and can not wait. The cousin we are bringing has never been to Disney and never on a cruise!! I am excited for him especially.

Diana

funetics
12-19-2001, 01:51 PM
I have had someone else ask me how I got the picture here on the website and I had someone help me do it. The person who helped me did a great job and I was just wondering if they could write down all the steps, so everyone else could do it too. Thanks
Nicole

Timon
12-19-2001, 05:14 PM
Well, I guess that's me :)

The picture has to be uploaded to a server before you can look at it. Thanks to Pete, everyone on the DIS can create their own web pages right here at the DIS! You must upload your picture and then your image will have an address (For example: www.wdwinfo.com/cassandtimon.jpg) It's pretty easy once you register your name...just follow the directions.

Then when you post here, click the IMG button and type in that address.

If you have NO CLUE as to what I was just mumbling about yet you want to include a pic of yourself for the Jan 26th cruise post, just e-mail me the picture and I will upload it for you onto the DIS server and you can post it!

:D

LisaTxUsa
12-19-2001, 07:56 PM
Alihall ... I have an 11 yr old son (he'll be 12 in a few months) .. he'll be looking for somebody to pal around with ! So will I, for that matter !! Any other single moms on the cruise ?? :earseek:

Alihall
12-20-2001, 07:18 AM
That's great. My son's in seventh grade but not into the teen scene yet. Still likes video/computer games, legos and goofing around-pool and stuff-not much into sports. His e-mail is dhall2@twcny.rr.com. He's just starting to get interested in this "cruise thing."

I've read with interest your posts on getting out of school. We never had a problem in elementary, but now that he's in middle school I'm worried about the response. We plan to fill his teachers in right after the holiday break.

Timon, I'll try the web page thing today, I hope it works.
Thanks for your input.:bounce:

LisaTxUsa
12-20-2001, 08:24 AM
Alison, sounds like our sons have alot in common. I'll have my son email yours .. right after he finds out we're going ! He doesn't know yet :) It's a surprise for Christmas. Last year I woke him up the morning we left ... he really didn't believe we were doing it until he got on the plane to Orlando !!

Lisa

LisaTxUsa
12-20-2001, 11:06 AM
Woo hooo .. just got my cruise docs today :) Yeah !!

dbcruise
12-22-2001, 10:09 PM
I see someone from a Feb Date has their doc's already ? I hope mine come soon . I did my own air . We are getting excited I have spent hours on this web site I think I am pretty prepared with Info there are so many wonderful people on this site too help . Just over a month now .Merry Christmas to everyone . Doreen

LisaTxUsa
12-22-2001, 10:17 PM
Doreen, did you book your cruise through an agency ? I did .. and if I hadn't called looking for my docs, he wouldn't have looked through his fed-ex packages !! I don't know how long mine were there .. I called looking for them because somebody on the site had posted that they had gotten theirs earlier. This is my 2nd Disney Cruise booked through this agency and I won't be booking my 3rd one through them!

See you soon!! I have to keep it a secret just a few more days! I am telling my son on Christmas Day :)

-Lisa

dbcruise
12-22-2001, 10:41 PM
Yes I did over the internet I got a 10% discount never used them but I did call Disney to make sure they had booked a cabin and yes they had but the price they qouted I had paid was more then my Credit card was charged I was charged just what i was qouted . I used GALAXSEA CRUISES AND TOURS they are always highly recommended on Aurthur Frommers site . I will try to call them Mon to see when I should get them . So far I am mostly happy except for one e-mail they never answered but I did call and get that straightened out . I will definatly post if I have problems want to let others know . But so far so good .

ktharris
12-22-2001, 11:05 PM
No documents yet for me. I booked through Dreams Unlimited. DU tells me that the documents will be sent directly to me from DCL.....so, now I am confused.

Is anybody else still waiting?

Kathy

NJPhyl
12-23-2001, 08:06 AM
Kathy -

We are still waiting. We booked through AAA and they told us we would get the docs 2 weeks prior. I think I will call them after Christmas just in case they are sitting there in a fed ex pkg.

Phyllis

jbusch
12-28-2001, 04:13 PM
Vacation planning this year has been a total fiasco for us!! We originally booked the 1/26/02 cruise last January. We then cancelled after the Sept 11 tragedy because my DH got cold feet and decided to just go to Florida. (He didn't want to leave the continental US) But, with a "LITTLE Persuasion", we decided that the Disney Magic was where we should spend our 10th anniversary after all. So, I rebooked today with Dreams Unlimited (cheaper than original booking last January and higher grade of cabin).

Our family includes Myself, DH and DD (age 7). We will be flying down on Friday and staying over at the Radisson the evening before the cruise. There's no turning back this time!!!

Jodi Busch in Chilly Wisconsin

Badger 5: I misplaced your email address too!! E-mail me at djbbusch@chibardun.net so we can compare notes!!

FabFam4
12-28-2001, 11:46 PM
:bounce: We're there also. There will be 4 of us, my wife and me plus our two daughters, 4 and 8.

phifer1
12-29-2001, 07:58 PM
Hello fellow cruisers-
We are very excited about the January 26th cruise. It will be myself (39), husband (39) and daughter (6). We are staying on deck number 5 and are very anxious to go because of all the snow we have had. Total of 42 inches in the last six days!
See you all soon!

dbcruise
12-29-2001, 08:06 PM
Less then a month now .Looks like my DD8 will have children her age to play with . We have looked at program and she wants the 6&7 year old program more then 8 year one as her b-day is 1-11 I am told this should not be a problem. I found a lime green Ribbon today will wear on the ship . Hope to meet some other Dis board memebers .
Doreen

jasonandgroup
12-30-2001, 11:14 AM
Hi D-Cruisers!

Count us in too for the Disney Meet! We're coming from Connecticut-- Jason (36), DW- Tammy (not going to tell unless I get her permission), DD- Brooke (8) and DD -Morgan (5).

We were originally planning to go in February during school vacation, but we were talked into joining some of my extended family on this cruise... so, also on the cruise will be my DM & DD (Lois and Ken) and DA (Maxine) from Connecticut and my DSister & DBrotherInLaw (Nancy & Marc) and their DSs Brian and Taylor ( both almost 8) and David (4) from Maryland.

See you all there!

we2vagabonds
01-03-2002, 10:07 AM
We (F 33 & M39) will also be on this cruise. We can't wait! We discovered this site & absolutely love it. It has so much wonderful information. We do have a couple of questions though. :confused:

1. Can we videotape the shows?

2. How much is the beer mug that I have seen mentioned? Is it made out of glass or plastic? (Neither of us are big drinkers, but thought that it would be a good souvenir.)

Thanks for such a wonderful site & see you soon!
:D

coldhandswarmhearts
01-03-2002, 11:31 AM
We will be there! ...escaping from tropical Minnesota. (smirk)

Our first cruise for myself, DW, DD Erin (12), DD Alyssa (10) and are so looking forward to it!

Our flight lands at 11:30 on Saturday.....and we are a little nervous whether that will give us enough time for making ressies and stuff. Hope so!

dbcruise
01-03-2002, 12:25 PM
we2vagabonds, I will be on this same cruise so i can not answer your questions for sure . But from other cruises I have been on they tell you can not video the show or take flash photo's .
You may want topost this ? and the one about the beer mugs on a new thread as mostly only the people who are going on this cruise will read this you will get more answers with anew thread . Hope to meet in a few weeks now . Doreen

Alihall
01-03-2002, 02:21 PM
Hi guys. Finally decided on the Hampton Inn the night before. We get into Orlando at 11:30am weather permitting and would like to do some beach time on Friday(weather permitting). It's me(40), DH-43, DS-12, and DD-3.5. Starting to pack, plan and think about excursions.....and the spa......Getting very excited. Any 11 or 12 yr old boys out there????:pinkbounc

we2vagabonds
01-03-2002, 02:55 PM
dbcruise, thanks for the info. I think I will post the beer mug question. Have a great day. ;)

funetics
01-03-2002, 03:47 PM
We're getting excited too. Trying to figure out what to pack, etc, etc......
I just wish we would get our documents. My TA is not being very co-operative with this.:mad: :mad:
OH Well, hopefully we'll get them soon, Only 22 days until we leave.
Nicole

Timon
01-03-2002, 04:01 PM
Yes! It is getting so very close now!!! I've been partially packed for weeks now :rolleyes: stuff I know I wouldn't be wearing in December/January :D

We got our docs on Christmas Eve and haven't stopped thinking about the cruise since!!!

Hope your docs come in soon funetics!

marianne98
01-03-2002, 04:06 PM
Just found this packing list, hope this helps:

http://hometown.aol.com/entropym/pages/index.htm

jasonandgroup
01-03-2002, 09:00 PM
can't wait to get them!

jasonandgroup
01-04-2002, 10:36 AM
I mentioned to my 8 year old daughter that some people on the cruise are writing to each other in advance of the cruise. She loved the idea of meeting another girl her age before the cruise and she'd like to have an email penpal. Anyone else out there in the same situation?

ktharris
01-04-2002, 12:29 PM
I have an 8 year old daughter who will be sailing with us.....I'm sure she would like to communicate with your daughter (through us, of course). My e-mail addy is kssbkb@aol.com.

Kathy

LisaTxUsa
01-05-2002, 03:15 PM
Alihall .. my son just emailed yours :)

-Lisa

Space Cowboy
01-05-2002, 07:31 PM
Well we just booked today! Myself, DW, DD (15), and DS (13). We took the same cruise this past August and had a blast. Hope we get great weather.

See ya on board!

Alihall
01-06-2002, 08:23 AM
Welcome Space Cowboy and fam!!!! Lisa, my son e-mailed yours back...cool.:p Happy packing.

Alison

coldhandswarmhearts
01-07-2002, 12:47 PM
My DD (12) and DD (10) would also enjoy emailing someone close to their age before the Jan 26th trip.

They keep asking me if there will be other girls on the ship their age. (Lots! ..I tell them)

Our email addy is: coldhandswarmhearts@hotmail.com

19 more days!...See you all there!

hmmm...We still havent received our cruise docs yet.

funetics
01-07-2002, 04:45 PM
I am getting very discouraged and worried. I know that the documents left disney on the 27th of December for us, but they still have not arrived at our TA in calgary. My TA seems to be giving me a run around? Maybe they are sincere, I just don't know what else to do. Any suggestions??
Nicole

mom2grace
01-07-2002, 06:07 PM
We're taking our Princess (8 months old) on her first trip to Disney! Actually, she has been to WDW once, when we were pregnant (Mommy missed Space Mountain :mad:)

DH and I are on our second cruise...looking forward to cruising "Disney-style"!

Splurged on a Nav. verandah, deck 6 aft! (What a terrific DH!)

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Susan Bryan and Grace
:wave:

LisaTxUsa
01-07-2002, 06:44 PM
Packing ?!!!!!! Arrrgh !! I still haven't put everything up from Christmas!! I am SO excited .. so is the kiddo - he has to concentrate on school for 3 weeks.... gonna be a looooooong 3 weeks!

See y'all SOON!

NJPhyl
01-07-2002, 07:05 PM
Hi Everyone -

Well I picked up my Docs last Wednesday - I am SSOO EXCITED!! It's like when you have them in your hand, then it's REAL. Well anyways - are we still planning on meeting with our lime green ribbons on?? I have to get to a Micheal's or another craft store. Time and place?? Looking forward to making new friends -

Phyllis :pinkbounc

jasonandgroup
01-07-2002, 07:14 PM
We're just trying to keep things together to be able to get out of town on vacation at the end of the month--no time to go shopping for green ribbons! But we'll be there! We just got our cruise documents too! But if any of you have a lot of extra time on your hands, get some extra ribbons for us! We'll see you there!

funetics
01-07-2002, 07:52 PM
I'm going to the fabric store in the am to get some stuff to finish my DD's dress for formal night, so I was planning to get lime green ribbons then so I'll get extra if that helps out jasonandgroup
Nicole

PS That is if I ever get my travel documents !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Timon
01-07-2002, 08:04 PM
Yup...we're still on for the DIS meet...pretty excited as this will be our first time in 3 WDW trips(and 3 years) that we'll meet other DISers! Never did spot any green ribbons in WDW before!

The meet is right after the boat drill (4:30pmish) on Deck 10, Starboard, looking over the Goofy Pool. We'll have our GOH badges and green ribbons on! I also have an extra 3 meters of green ribbon, so I will bring it for those who need it!

I feel for all of you who don't have your docs yet! I would be pretty upset...we are leaving for WDW in 11 days and I am so glad our docs are all filled out and ready to go! I am anal about planning and would be nagging my TA constantly if I didn't already have my docs!

I am getting so completely excited! I'm like a kid...13 more days!!!!...12 more days!...11 more days!!

I am so thankful that we will be, not only on our first cruise, but that it's on DISNEY!!! WOOOO HOOOO

jasonandgroup
01-07-2002, 09:21 PM
That's very kind of you to pick up that extra ribbon! That's 4:30 , deck 10, starboard, Goofy Pool...:)

NJPhyl
01-08-2002, 06:56 AM
What is a GOH badge? :)

LisaTxUsa
01-08-2002, 09:07 AM
me & my kiddo will be at the 'meet' ! Can't wait!

jasonandgroup
01-08-2002, 11:46 AM
The GOH Badge Cass referenced is the Guest of Honor Badge. She mentioned it way back in an earlier message.

Timon
01-08-2002, 12:44 PM
GOH: Guest of Honor Badge...they sell them at WDW. They are badges with Disney Characters on them and you can get your name engraved on it. On the very top, in small lettering it says Guest of Honor. They are pretty cute and some cast members will call you by name...ex: when we last went on Splsh Mountain, the CM said "Have a great time on Splash Mountain Cass" :)

Just a little thing that makes Disney more special to us :)

NJPhyl
01-08-2002, 07:23 PM
Thanks Cass. I haven't been to Disney in a while but we are going to take our DD in December 2002 in conjunction with the $99 cruise we are getting from this trip. The name badges sound cute but since I don't have one, look for me with my lime green ribbon. Look forward to meeting you.

Phyllis:wave:

Potbelly
01-17-2002, 10:19 PM
We will also be cruising on the 1/26 Magic cruise.....first time for us. Me(36), DW(3?) and DD(4) look for the lime green and blue flowered shirts at the island theamed party!:earseek::wave:

3GuysandaMom
01-17-2002, 10:37 PM
We'll be there - myself, DH, DS (6 years) and DS (8 months)
Can't wait. I need warmth!

funetics
01-17-2002, 11:20 PM
It's only 7 days until we leave. I'm getting very excited. Could we confirm what times/dates we're meeting, so that everyone knows? Thanks!!! Got lots of lime green ribbon and ready to meet:D
Nicole

Pluto4President
01-18-2002, 07:48 AM
cruising tomorrow on the magic...us 1/19ers will keep the light on for ya :)

jasonandgroup
01-18-2002, 10:37 AM
Pluto4President: it's okay to leave the lights on, but please pick up after yourself for those of us following:) If you want to say Hi when you're going and we're coming, look for the VERY tired family! We'll be getting up around 4 am to get there.

Nicole: the first meet was 4:30, deck 10, starboard, overlooking the goofy pool, after the drill --- I didn't pay much attention to the second one--I figured I'd be able to make it to the first one and I could ask then about the second one :)

Timon
01-18-2002, 12:14 PM
I will definitely be at the first meet, just look for the green-ribbon, GOH badge-wearing freak who will sure to be dancing and vibrating and hollering with excitement!!! WOOOO HOOOOOO!!! Sorry...vibrating now...we leave in T-17 HOURS!!!!

I also wasn't really sure about the second meet as I have no idea what we will be doing when, as this is our first cruise. I just figured I would spot some of you on the ship and ask about the second meet then if we have nothing planned.

:D :bounce: :D :bounce: :D :bounce: :D :bounce: :D

jasonandgroup
01-18-2002, 03:25 PM
Is anyone from our cruise going to be doing the cruise?

jasonandgroup
01-18-2002, 03:26 PM
Meant to say: is anyone from our cruise doing the chat tonight?

LisaTxUsa
01-18-2002, 03:28 PM
I'm going to try and make the chat time tonight.

ktharris
01-18-2002, 05:52 PM
I would love to go to the chat....but I don't know how!!

Where do I go and what do I do?

Kathy

Timon
01-18-2002, 11:38 PM
Just wanted to wish all the Jan 26th cruisers a safe journey!
I have to be up in 5 1/2 hours to catch our 8am flight, yeah right...like I will sleep :)

See you all on board!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

marlboroman
01-19-2002, 10:01 AM
Another Canadian sailing on the 26th of January with what seems to be a great group of people, from all these wonderful post I've been reading!.My family is looking forward to share this adventure with all of you!.see ya in 7 DAYS!!!!!!:)

Potbelly
01-19-2002, 01:36 PM
:D Us too, we are going on the 1/26 Magic cruise. Me(36),DW(3?) and DD(4). We are staying the day before at the swan, gonna try and hit the MK before they close for the night. 6 DAYS AND COUNTING...........:crazy:

marlboroman
01-19-2002, 04:59 PM
Potbelly,are you also Canadian?...........Jan 26 2002! YEAH BABY, YEAH!!!:bounce: :D

Potbelly
01-20-2002, 10:20 AM
:p Well.......we are southerners considering Connecticut is south of Canada........LOL:rolleyes: But, we are going on the cruise.

Alihall
01-21-2002, 06:25 PM
Hey guys, 5 more days....are you psyched or what. Just finishing the packing. It's 30 degrees and snowing up here... we all had our bout with the flu...grandmas in the hospital but doing better...just can't wait to leave else something else goes wrong.
See ya real soon....

Alison

LisaTxUsa
01-21-2002, 06:31 PM
Alison - hang in there girl ! We're almost there!

PS. Hope your grandmother is better soon!

Potbelly
01-21-2002, 08:44 PM
I know what you mean.......I've been trying to dodge all the sickies at work..........keep the faith 1/26'ers it's almost time:earsboy:

jasonandgroup
01-22-2002, 08:10 PM
Potbelly....We're coming from Connecticut too. Sounds like you'll be there before us though--we're going down the day of the cruise. Trying to decide whether we should stay over the night before at Bradley. Going to be an EARLY morning! *yawn*:o

marlboroman
01-22-2002, 09:46 PM
Early morning......we have to wake up at 4am,too catch first flight out of Montreal:earseek: I could just taste that Pina Collada!!!:sunny: 4 more days!!!

LisaTxUsa
01-22-2002, 09:59 PM
We're coming in from Dallas .. and we have to leave by 5:15 a.m. .. I am SO ready! We managed to by-pass the 'flu' bug going around ... wish I could say the same for surviving my son's extracurricular activities .. he dislocated his shoulder (AGAIN) last night at karate! Poor kid .. I think he's more ready to go than I am !

ktharris
01-23-2002, 06:09 AM
Lisa......

So sorry about your son. That is terrible. What will they do for his shoulder?

My MIL and SIL live just outside Dallas....Euless! I think you guys have had more snow than us New Yorkers!! I'll bet you can't wait to escape!

Everyone Else.....

Is anyone else getting nervous and neurotic like me? I'm started to stress over everything! What did I forget?????

Kathy

Alihall
01-23-2002, 08:01 AM
Your not kidding. I've never spent so much time packing for a vacation and ironing.......Less than 48 hours for us. We catch a 7am flight out of Syracuse on Friday. Need to be out of the house by 4:15(lol).

Hang in there Lisa, had to get 2 school projects in this week for DS, he still hasn't rec'd assignments for next week which I know he'll have. Oh well, it will be a long Sunday the day after we get back.

Anyways the clock seems to be crawling even though I got lots to do at work and home. Are we still meeting at 4:30?

Just can't wait!:D
Alison

Potbelly
01-23-2002, 12:02 PM
We have figured on getting up at 4:30 so we have enough time before the car picks us up at 6:00(we only have one bathroom) hardest part will be getting my DD up at that hour.....just to give you an idea, we had to wake her up for Christmas.We are going down a day early because we didn't know what the weather was gonna be when we booked the trip back in Oct. we are staying at the Dolphin for the night before and we a re gonna try to get to the MK before the park closes when we get in, but that will all depend on how late the park is open and what time we get in. Anyway........in about 24 hrs. we will be in Orlando and the 80 degree weather that I have been looking at on the Weather Channel for the last week.::::: Just a note about the meeting for board members...........We should put our screen names on the green ribbons.:earsboy:

jasonandgroup
01-23-2002, 01:14 PM
Potbelly,
Put our names on our ribbons? That's an interesting idea coming from a guy called Potbelly :D Maybe it's a good thing we do, because with all of the stress of getting ready, I may be confused as the true "potbelly". Guess I won't be starting that post-New Year's diet this week. :jester:

I'm jealous that you're going down the day before. We're going to be so totally wiped on day 1. :o

Lisa, I'm sorry to hear about your son. What a time to get injured. Hope he's better by the weekend. :(

Kathy, key things: make sure you bring your 1) tickets 2) birth certificates 3) bathing suits 4) credit cards 5) any medications ... anything else you remember to bring is a bonus! :bounce:

See you all soon! :wave:

ktharris
01-23-2002, 01:27 PM
waaaahhhhhhh....I forgot the green ribbon!!!

Starboard side 4:30, right????

Kathy

LisaTxUsa
01-23-2002, 01:36 PM
I am SO ready to go .. I'm almost packed. We have to pick up the tux tonight and that is the last of the errands! (barring any unforeseen trips to the ER!)

I don't have a green ribbon, but I'll find y'all !

jasonandgroup
01-23-2002, 03:25 PM
4:30, deck 10, starboard, overlooking the pool....
I don't have green ribbon either, but I'm excited! Can you tell?

:bounce:

funetics
01-23-2002, 03:31 PM
Only about 38 hours before we leave. We are getting up about 4 to be at the airport in time for our 7:45am flight. I am a wreck trying to get everything done before we leave and the worst is I have to work a twelve Hour night tonight:eek:
I have lots of lime green ribbon kathy don't worry!:D
I just keep thinking as long as we have our documents and passports we really don't need anything else LOL.
Better get back to getting ready!!
Nicole

Potbelly
01-23-2002, 08:15 PM
when you see me you'll understand the screen name:tongue: I just thought it would be easier because everyone allready know us by them.:p

ktharris
01-23-2002, 08:39 PM
Oh no....if we are going to have a "big belly" contest than I want in!!! Now there is something I could compete in!!

Kathy

ktharris
01-23-2002, 09:33 PM
It is just me.....stressing again!!

The meet...are we meeting at 4:30 while the sail-away party is going on....or after the sail away party????

I don't want to miss you guys!!

Kathy

Timon
01-23-2002, 09:43 PM
Hey fellow cruisers!!!
Not long now!!
Just wanted to wish you all a safe and fun trip down here!
We've been here since Saturday and we're having a blast! The weather is amazing!!!! The highs are around 82║ and VERY hot and humid!! And the forecast looks grrrreat!

Nicole:I know what you mean about getting up early! We also got up at 4am! I just hope you don't have to wait in line as long as we did. The check-in line for US destinations was about an hour and a half for us! Hopefully you got your docs finally :)

See you all on board!!!!

:bounce:

dbcruise
01-24-2002, 12:07 AM
I am stressed yesterday my DD came down with raspy voice junk in her throat and tonight she has a fever . I took her to doc today said it was a cold virus nothing to do .We leave west coast at 3pm Fri . Please everyone send good thoughts and get wells .Our Last vacation last June she ended up in a French hospital for 5 days 1 day after our visit to Paris disneyland so I am bit uneasy about this .Hope to see you on Sat !!!! Keeping fingers crossed .
Doreen

ktharris
01-24-2002, 06:06 AM
Doreen,

You poor thing. I feel for you. {{{{{{Doreen}}}}}} You will be in my thoughts and prayers all day today. I hope your daughter makes a very speedy recovery.....In fact, I'm sure she will!!

Everyone send pixie dust to Doreen and her daughter!!!

Kathy

jasonandgroup
01-24-2002, 07:38 AM
Doreen,

Not sure if it'll help your daughter. But a few years ago, I had a doctor who insisted that whenever you get sick with flu-like symptoms, you should drink gatorade. Since then, whenever I feel a something coming on, I drink a ton of the green stuff and get lots of sleep. By doing that, I usually have a much faster recovery than those around me who don't. So, if you want to give it a try, tell your daughter to drink up and go to bed.

Kathy,

My understanding has been that we will meet at 4:30 or right after the drill if the drill goes past 4:30. Relax!!! This is supposed to be fun!

Unfortunately, I think you can count me in on the big belly contest-- having a vacation so early in the year is not a good idea--never really recovered from the holiday spirit! So...let's make a deal - no laughing at anyone else in a bathing suit!
:rolleyes:

Pluto4President
01-24-2002, 08:50 AM
by only having 2 days left before all of you sail, means that I only have 2 days left on baord :( Have fun... I am!