PDA

View Full Version : Year of Million Dreams -- anyone else get something yet? Post your wishes won here!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

labdogs42
09-24-2006, 11:16 AM
I didn't realize they were already granting wishes for the year of a million dreams until this past Monday when I was in the Magic Kingdom. I was in the Chapeau getting my son's first set of Mickey ears with his name on them. The CM's behind the counter conferred for a second after I requested the personalization and then told me I'd be getting the personalization for free as part of the year of a million dreams! Sure, it was only a $2 value, but I was pretty excited anyway!

Has anyone else gotten a "wish" yet? Maybe we can keep this thread going and see what prizes we DIS-ers win!! (or maybe there's another thread already? If so, point me in that direction!) Thanks!

wdwfanatic80
09-24-2006, 11:28 AM
That's awesome! We are heading down (hopefully) for a lst minute trip right around the official start to the Year of One million Dreams on October 2. I am excited to see what all will be going on. If we don't get tehre then we will definitely be going December 5! I can't wait to see what kind of dreams/wishes they will be granting!!!

disneymac
09-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Oooh - what fun! I can't wait to hear what people win! Of course I'd love it if I could post something too, but I'm not counting on it! :sunny:

WEDWDW
09-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Since your prize was not one of the prizes listed in the official list of prizes released by Disney,that must mean that YOAMD is going to be much bigger than announced with individual Cast Members having the discretion to award smaller prizes in their areas!What fun! :)

Califgirl
09-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Do they charge at WDW for putting your name on Ears or other hats? It's free at Disneyland.

M 'n C
09-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Congrats. I love the discretion disney gives the CMs. I went for my bday and wore my pin and I was given a free chocolate covered banana at AK for my bday and a free 8x10 photo on buzz light year when I bought my 5x7 because it was my bday and both times the CMs said it was for that. I love Disney.

DiszyDeanette
09-24-2006, 09:17 PM
I didn't realize they were already granting wishes for the year of a million dreams until this past Monday when I was in the Magic Kingdom. I was in the Chapeau getting my son's first set of Mickey ears with his name on them. The CM's behind the counter conferred for a second after I requested the personalization and then told me I'd be getting the personalization for free as part of the year of a million dreams! Sure, it was only a $2 value, but I was pretty excited anyway!

When did they start charging to put names on Mickey ears? I know thay did years back, but thought they didn't anymore?? I know thay didn't charge us last year.

Tigger&Tink
09-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Where is the list of what they are giving as WISHES?? This is GREAT!!!! :goodvibes

Thanks

TINK

krissylynne
09-24-2006, 09:45 PM
We were in Downtown Disney last year. We were in a store and a CM commented to my daughter about how beautiful her outfit was. My Daughter responded with a thankyou very much. She is 7. Their conversation continued about who made her outfit, where did she get her shoes, and so on and so forth. The CM kept looking at me and my husband with this look of surprise on her face, finally our daughter went to another area of the store. The CM commented on how polite she was, and that she has never seen a child respond with such great manners. Frankly all she did was say yes Maam, no Maam. She did what she had been taught. The CM, pulled out a certificate that she gave to our daughter that said ______ had made the CM day very magical then was also given an entire collection of trading pins. We were amazed by the big tadoo of what was going on. We tried to give the pins back because what she was doing was an excpected behavior and not one to be rewarded. We finally let her take the pins. My daughter was on cloud nine because someone took time out of their day to have a long conversation with her, then give her a nice certificate and a pin collection. The year of a million dreams is Awesome, but when we are there on our trips, I feel like we are in a dream. It is nice to see when CM's go out of their way to make you feel special. I know it happens hundreds of times a day.

dvcdenise
09-24-2006, 09:52 PM
I will be there Oct 3rd so when I get back I'll let you all know what wishes I see going on when I return. So excited to see what will happen. :cool1:

kirstiebird
09-24-2006, 10:23 PM
Krissylynne -- congratulations on having such a polite DD -- we strive so hard for the yes ma'am's and no sir's and it doesn't always work, especially with strangers. I know that you don't expect rewards for the behavior we "expect," but it is getting more and more rare, even in the south, to see such politeness. I'm glad to know that your DD was rewarded with an unexpected gift and glad to know that such polite activity can obviously cause admiration in a CM -- just think if all DDs and DSs acted this way -- isn't this the perfect world we all envision in WDW?!? Even if the law compels Disney to award the "million dreams" randomly, I love to think that there is still plenty of pixie dust for those children with such good manners!

M 'n C
09-24-2006, 10:31 PM
I think its around $2 per name to be embroidered on hats now or that's what I paid 2 weeks ago at MK.

momto2
09-24-2006, 10:50 PM
Keep the Magic coming!!!! :wizard:

akaDaddy
09-24-2006, 10:55 PM
We were in the MK last week and while sitting on a bench in Tommorow Land my wife and 4 year old daughter was approached by a cast member, Pat, who introduced herself as a member of the Wishes Team. She opened up her backpack and offered my daughter several coloring pages as well as a pack of crayons for my daughter to color with as they waited for my oldest daughter and I to finish Space Mountain. Pat talked with my wife for easily 5 minutes about all the aspects of the Wishes program and when I arrived she introduced herself to me and my daughter. I noticed her name tag was different and had her hometown, Ashland, KY on it. After I commented, she informed us that this would be the new nametag beginning October 1 but the Wishes Teams were wearing them now. She was extremely nice and open about the program and said that the Teams primary duty would be just talking to guests and granting small favors all day long. Things like free snacks from the stands, fast passes to those in the standby line and other little things like that. She also mentioned that they are discussing a Noon time parade along with the afternoon parade. When asked about the infamous night in the castle she said the details were still secret on how that would be handled but she was really excited about just seeing the room. Before she left, she took out a autograph book and asked my daughters to sign it. That made their day!

Later in the week, we were at the hat shop at the front of Main Street which does the names on the hats. They do charge $2.00 per name now, which they didn't charge for last year. We witnessed a Magic Moment when they gave a lady with three hats the names for free. I noticed that the cast member had a white notebook on the counter that had Magic Moments Wishes on the from which she used as a log of the free names.

Anyway, our families time with Pat was very neat we will remember it for years to come.

2angelsinheaven
09-24-2006, 11:06 PM
So very cool, keep the stories coming.

Lorelai
09-24-2006, 11:17 PM
We were in the MK last week and while sitting on a bench in Tommorow Land my wife and 4 year old daughter was approached by a cast member, Pat, who introduced herself as a member of the Wishes Team. She opened up her backpack and offered my daughter several coloring pages as well as a pack of crayons for my daughter to color with as they waited for my oldest daughter and I to finish Space Mountain. Pat talked with my wife for easily 5 minutes about all the aspects of the Wishes program and when I arrived she introduced herself to me and my daughter. I noticed her name tag was different and had her hometown, Ashland, KY on it. After I commented, she informed us that this would be the new nametag beginning October 1 but the Wishes Teams were wearing them now. She was extremely nice and open about the program and said that the Teams primary duty would be just talking to guests and granting small favors all day long. Things like free snacks from the stands, fast passes to those in the standby line and other little things like that. She also mentioned that they are discussing a Noon time parade along with the afternoon parade. When asked about the infamous night in the castle she said the details were still secret on how that would be handled but she was really excited about just seeing the room. Before she left, she took out a autograph book and asked my daughters to sign it. That made their day!

Later in the week, we were at the hat shop at the front of Main Street which does the names on the hats. They do charge $2.00 per name now, which they didn't charge for last year. We witnessed a Magic Moment when they gave a lady with three hats the names for free. I noticed that the cast member had a white notebook on the counter that had Magic Moments Wishes on the from which she used as a log of the free names.

Anyway, our families time with Pat was very neat we will remember it for years to come.

These stories are fantastic! Thanks for sharing!! :goodvibes

PoohSizedDave
09-25-2006, 01:09 AM
Hi all,

I was at the parks last week and on the bus back to POP Century one night the driver started talking about the YOAMD celebration and how excited all the CMs are. He then talked about how the CMs would each be getting a limited number of an exclusive Pixie Dust pin that can't be traded but that they will give out to guests they see doing nice things for others. I thought that was a very cool idea. :)

Dave

fizz13
09-25-2006, 03:42 AM
Must subscribe, i love happy disney stories :love:

Rudegrle
09-25-2006, 04:41 AM
Wow! I love to practice Random Acts of Kindness and w/ the work that I do we are ancouraged to do so, but I love to see that other companies are realizing that it's the little things that keep us happy and coming back.

I'm not expecting anything for our upcoming October trip, but it would make my day to see anyone receiving a RAOK w/ the YOAMD promotion :goodvibes .

Just think, if we all did one nice thing per day - unexpected - how contagious would it be??? I bet more than you think!

tinkerbell87512
09-25-2006, 07:11 AM
cant wait to read about more magic! :wizard:

golden1
09-25-2006, 07:15 AM
That is so cool! I didn't realize that there would be more to the YOAMD promotion than the sweepstakes. This is going to be so exciting and it is a great way to make the whole Disney experience more magical!

PopArtGal
09-25-2006, 07:17 AM
Wow!

Makes me wanna cry ;)

That is so awesome.

I sure could use some pixie dust st the moment.

But this is a good substitute

WDW4us2006
09-25-2006, 07:18 AM
Last week in the MK Christmas Shop, my Mom was purchasing a large Mickey ornament to be personalized for my parent's 40th Anniversary. When she went to pay, the CM told her this was a Magical Moment and the personalization was free. How nice....

Fitswimmer
09-25-2006, 08:01 AM
It's little surprises that make a Disney trip so special. I think that CM's have long been able to do little things like that for guests. It's good business, someone who has been given a little pixie dust, a free monogram or a free dessert, is likely to spend more than someone who hasn't. They're going to remember that moment, and want to come back again. Disney will end up making that $2.00 back and more.
You also never forget that little moment. We went to Tony's one night for dinner with my niece and our waiter was so cute with her. He referred to her as "The Princess" which is what I've called her since she was born. She loved the extra attention he paid to her and we made sure to speak to the manager about him before we left. A YEAR LATER, we go back to Tony's for dinner and he's still there! When he sees her, he says "Ah, The Princess has come back to visit again!" I could not believe he remembered! That exchange cost Disney nothing, but it sure brought us back again and we never forgot it.

princesscj
09-25-2006, 08:22 AM
How cool! I can't wait for our Halloween trip! Maybe we will experience some magic or see someone getting it, I will definately post if so!! :cool1:

iluvpiglet
09-25-2006, 08:27 AM
That is AMAZING that he remembered her! :goodvibes I know it made her day and yours. That is wonderful! The CMs are so wonderful! :thumbsup2

I LOVE DISNEY! :cheer2:

hiyall804
09-25-2006, 09:09 AM
Ooo, I just love this "good feeling" thread. I'm headed to the world next month, and now I'm even more excited!

Fitswimmer
09-25-2006, 09:13 AM
This is a great thread, it reminds us of why we LOVE Disney and keep going back for more.
The best things happen when you don't expect them. I think we DIS members should challenge ourselves to find special moments on our trips and report back. It doesn't have to be from a CM, it could be another guest doing something nice, it could be a moment that you witness but aren't a part of. We have too much negativity on the boards at times and I think it would really help to balance it.

Secondgradememories
09-25-2006, 09:17 AM
I think the magic will be contageous. My family has a list of special things we will try to do for others this year. Last year the kids gave out glow sticks at the parades and they had such a gret time. If we all go hoping to spread some fun, instead of just expecting it for ourselves, I think our trips will be even better. Thanks for starting this thread! It turns out, Disney magic doesn't just come from Disney! It's us too!

kelleigh1
09-25-2006, 09:20 AM
I love hearing these stories!

One question, does anyone know when the Year of a Million Wishes ends? We're planning a trip for next year and haven't settled on a date yet, but I'd love to be there during the celebration.

newman7501
09-25-2006, 09:27 AM
subscribing so I can hear all the great stories. Can't wait for my Christmas trip.

LucyR
09-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Subscribing! :goodvibes

MassMom94
09-25-2006, 11:04 AM
When did they start charging to put names on Mickey ears? I know thay did years back, but thought they didn't anymore?? I know thay didn't charge us last year.

We were there a month ago and I can confirm that there is normally a $2 charge for Mickey ear personalization...they have a big sign on the counter. I do think this may be relatively recent - I bought a pair of golden ears at the WL Mercantile store, and the CM there told me I could take it to the Chapeau in MK for free personalization. I did take it, but the personalization cost $2. The CM there was actually a little apologetic - "I'm going to have to charge you $2 for this" - even though I never mentioned anything about the WL CM telling me it was free.

XYSRUS
09-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Can't wait to hear the stories!! :cool1:

MagicJunkie
09-25-2006, 11:41 AM
My family and I went to MGM on Friday night instead of going to dinner and a movie. We were approached by a cast member as we entered the park and asked if we were planning on riding RNR or TOT. When we answered yes he said we could be the Family of the Hour. He took us into guest relations where we got a Magical Moments certificate and coupons for free icecream and free popcorn and drink to use at Fantasmic for all 5 of us. Then he took us to RNR and we went to the front of the line using the back entrance. The best part of the whole thing was just talking to CM "Stevens". He is a true Disney spirit. He even rode the ride sitting next to me, so of course I bought the pic.

loribell
09-25-2006, 11:42 AM
While in AK last Tuesday my DD - 7 found a really cute safari costume she just had to have and it really wasn't all that bad so I bought it for her. Wednesday was our last day and AK is her favorite so she wanted to go back there and she wore her new safari guide outfit. You would not believe the attention she got all day long.

It first started as we were just heading in to the park on our way back to EE; she was stoped by three CM's that were together and asked for her autograph since she was a famous explorer! They talked to her for the longest time and made her feel so special.

A little later in the day we were going to go on the safari through the standby line and the CM stoped us, filled out a special ceritficate for her stating she was a junior safari guide and told us to go to the fast pass line with it. The CM at the fast pass line made a big fuss over her, the CM at loading made a big fuss over her and seated us in the first row and the CM driving the van made a big fuss over her and asked her to help her out.

Still later she was teased about taking to long of a break by a CM and said they had been looking all over for her and she really needed to get back to work! LOL!

She was thrilled with all of the attention she got! I'm sure we will be taking that suit with us for our Christmas & her birthday trip!

What a magical place Disney really is!

Have a great day everyone!
Lori

fizz13
09-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Just thought of a little something I could add here from my August trip. we had an early breakfast at Crystal Palace (2 adults) and headed to the Tomorrowland rope drop, we were the first ones there. When it was nearly time to drop it, the Cm asked if we were all headed to Space Mtn, I told him i was actually going to ride Astro Orbitor as I had never rode it before and wanted to beat the queue but that Space was on the agenda for later. With that he gave me 2 priority passes for any ride in the park so that i didn't have to worry about a long line at Space later. Now that was good enough, but when we came down in the elevator from Astro, he was waiting at the bottom to see if I enjoyed it. I said it was great to have the ride to ourselves like that and thanked him for his earlier kindness. Once again, he whipped out 2 more passes and told us to have a magical day. He has no idea what it meant to us, but he certainly had the right attitude in making the guests feel special. In case you were wondering, we used them on Thunder Mtn and Jungle Cruise ;) It was a great day,

phantom728
09-25-2006, 11:52 AM
Reading these stories has really made my day. Monday's are always tough going back to work...yes I'm there right now. But reading these I am smiling from all the Disney Magic. I'll be watching this one for updates!

67 days and we'll be celebrating our 10 year anniversary at WDW...can't wait :woohoo: !

Disneynutbsv
09-25-2006, 11:55 AM
this is why I love Disney :love:

dd316
09-25-2006, 12:03 PM
This thread is what it's all about!!

frankenpooh
09-25-2006, 12:05 PM
Subscribing. Love these stories! :disrocks:

Keyana
09-25-2006, 12:14 PM
Makes me so excited to go, only 5 more days! :cool1:
Keyana

wdwprncess77
09-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Had to subscribe to this thread. I love hearing this. I'm leaving in 2 days and I'm getting all excited about the pixie dust.

elump1
09-25-2006, 12:48 PM
This is the reason I love Disney so much - because they seem to go out of their way to make you feel special, even without special promotions. My husband and I went to Disney World on our honeymoon and it is unbelievable the amount of special treatment that we got! We wore our bride and groom pens and so many small things happened - we got free desserts, we got to be volunteers in shows, housekeeping decorated our room (we had bride and groom Mickey hats so that tipped them off), special treatment at shows, etc. We were truly made to feel special. My husband had initially agreed to go as a concession to me, but when we came back home he told everyone getting married that Disney was where they needed to honeymoon! I am so excited about going back this Feb with our DD(1) to experience more magic!

Gerweniel
09-25-2006, 01:01 PM
I too am reading these posts while at work - well, it is my lunch break! :rolleyes2
Anyway- thanks to you all posting your magical moments. It just reminds me of why I love Disney so much.

Gina
09-25-2006, 01:19 PM
We went to Tony's one night for dinner with my niece and our waiter was so cute with her. He referred to her as "The Princess" which is what I've called her since she was born. She loved the extra attention he paid to her and we made sure to speak to the manager about him before we left. A YEAR LATER, we go back to Tony's for dinner and he's still there! When he sees her, he says "Ah, The Princess has come back to visit again!" I could not believe he remembered! That exchange cost Disney nothing, but it sure brought us back again and we never forgot it.

What a cute story!! :goodvibes

CM's -- and anyone in the service industry -- who have memories like that amaze me. On the Magic, the waiters not only remembered me from year to year, but even what my favorite drink was! And it wasn't like I spend every cruise lounging in the bars, drinking the week away. LOL

Disney CM's just always seem to set the service standard, and then continually exceed it.

-gina-

glass- slippers
09-25-2006, 01:22 PM
This is a great thread pixiedust: Can those who win wishes from mail in entries post here too?

cassi06403
09-25-2006, 01:28 PM
I'm enjoying this thread while at work, too! Only three more days of work and we'll be in Disney on Saturday! I can't wait... I really need this vacation! :Pinkbounc

I'll be sure to tell you all of any special things I notice! :wizard:

ep4244
09-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Subscribing - can't wait to hear more great YOMD stories.

lillygator
09-25-2006, 01:43 PM
These are great!

I think my dream job would be a "wish grantor" at Disney! How fabulous that would be!

Invisible Penguinboy
09-25-2006, 01:59 PM
wow this is great. i cant wait to hear more stories and to post mine after our trip in december

snoopywoodstockus
09-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Subscribing to this great thread.

Keep those magical stories coming.

disneyloverforchrist
09-25-2006, 02:09 PM
What awesome stories!!! I can't wait to keep checking and seeing all the incredible things that happen to you guys!!!! :woohoo: As if I wasn't already excited enough....now I'm even more obsessed!!! :disrocks:

If anyone hears any details about the suite in the castle please post!!! If we won a night in that room I think I would die from happiness!!!!!! :faint: :bride:

Let the Magic continue!!!

labdogs42
09-25-2006, 02:14 PM
This is a great thread pixiedust: Can those who win wishes from mail in entries post here too?

Of course! I'd love to know if anyone wins something from a mail in entry. That reminds me -- I need to enter!! Good luck everyone!!

tacomaranch
09-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Not from Disney but from a Diser. She is leaving WDW and has a case of water they didn't use. She posted and I replied.

She is leaving the case of water at our hotel front desk for us along with a few other goodies. I feel like that is magical!

brer rabbit 28
09-25-2006, 02:31 PM
my magic moment was on my 30th birthday in june.We had dinner at crystal palace and when we arrived at our table they had covered it in mickey sparkles and streamers.Then they gave me a birthday cake and a card signed by all the characters.On the table next to us was a family with the lovliest little girl who was so excited to see Pooh and Eeyore.Her excitement made my birthday dinner all the more magical so before we left we gave them our streamers and sparkles.Her face lit up with the biggest smile that i will never forget.
Where else in the world do we get memories like these?

IrishBulldog
09-25-2006, 02:33 PM
These stories are great, I can not wait to get down there in 3 weeks.

Bibbidybobbidy
09-25-2006, 02:41 PM
Once again Disney,through these boards, has worked its magic to lift my spirits. Gotta keep up with this thread! :dance3:

ReggieB
09-25-2006, 03:04 PM
These are great!

I think my dream job would be a "wish grantor" at Disney! How fabulous that would be!

Me too! Wouldn't that be so much fun? Mind you I would be an emotional wreck by the end of each day, the guest would have to promise not to cry, as I would be bawling along too!!

taragl
09-25-2006, 03:08 PM
Excellent stories -- I look forward to reading more!

(Not a Million Dreams story, but I'm still thrilled that we were able to use a discount code and upgrade to a moderate, while still saving a few hundred dollars!) :goodvibes

plgrn
09-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Subbing! In dire need of positivity and pixie dust at the moment. :goodvibes

You know how sometimes at EPCOT they open the park and let everyone in halfway through Futureworld, then you have to wait behind the ropes until official opening time? We were in the front next to the ropes and asked a CM if he had any Donald Duck pins to trade (we have a little obsession with the Duck :teeth: ) he said sorry no, and disappeared. We didn't think any more of it until he came back a few minutes later and announced that he couldn't find anyone with Donald pins besides the ones we already had. He had checked with his fellow CM's and some of the guests looking for pins for us! I thought that was sweet.

We saw him later in the day while walking around the park, and he checked to see if we had found any new Donald pins. :wizard:

Not YOAMDs, but it made our day!

Can't wait to see what everyone wins!

MartDM
09-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Not a YOMD surprise, but a nice sprinkling of pixie dust we received during a visit a few years ago. Toward the end of the day at MK, we found ourselves still wanting to ride BTMRR and SM but, because of the wait times & fast pass return times, there was no way we could do both before we'd have to vacate the park so MNSSHP could take place.

As we stood and debated which to skip, a BTMRR cast member on the sidewalk below the ride entrance asked if we needed help finding something (we must have looked confused while we conferred). We said no, explaining our dilemma and asking her opinion. She heartily recommended BTMRR since that was her ride but told us to wait for just a minute. She walked down the sidewalk to SM (we thought perhaps to get a closer gauge on the wait time) and came back a few minutes later and presented us with SM fastpasses with no time restriction. She sent us to enjoy BTMRR & we got to enjoy SM right afterward thanks to her.

It wasn't a cruise or a vacation or a stay in the castle, but that small little fastpass really made our day! I think it's these little gestures that really are what this YOMD celebration is about and should be about. So many are fixated on the big prizes that they lose sight of how special a small gift can be!

plgrn
09-25-2006, 03:26 PM
I think it's these little gestures that really are what this YOMD celebration is about and should be about. So many are fixated on the big prizes that they lose sight of how special a small gift can be!

Yes! The little things are just the best! Not that I would turn down a night in Cinderelaa castle. ;)

Katmat75
09-25-2006, 03:41 PM
These are great!

I have to agree with you. That would be my ideal job when I retire in 7 years!!! Keep these stories coming.

I just love the dis...

judykay53
09-25-2006, 04:13 PM
Subscribing to read about all these cool Wishes. My daughter, son in law and grandson arrives on Thursday. I am so excited for them. I get to go in November :cool1:

Feralpeg
09-25-2006, 04:15 PM
We were there a month ago and I can confirm that there is normally a $2 charge for Mickey ear personalization...they have a big sign on the counter. I do think this may be relatively recent - I bought a pair of golden ears at the WL Mercantile store, and the CM there told me I could take it to the Chapeau in MK for free personalization. I did take it, but the personalization cost $2. The CM there was actually a little apologetic - "I'm going to have to charge you $2 for this" - even though I never mentioned anything about the WL CM telling me it was free.

They started charging $2 almost a year ago. Many of the CMs who don't work in the park, don't hear these things.

rie'smom
09-25-2006, 04:21 PM
I hope that I see a million people surprised during my Thanksgiving trip-that would be a gift to me!

Jennifer48
09-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Thanks OP for starting this thread! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to read about more pixiedust: I hope some lucky DISer wins one of the larger prizes so we can see pictures!! :goodvibes

eisena
09-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Subscribing, so I can share this with my family.

Minnie's Mate
09-25-2006, 04:43 PM
How do you enter by mail?

beattyfamily
09-25-2006, 04:50 PM
How do you enter by mail?

Here:

Also, starting on September 18, 2006, eligible participants can enter without being present in a Disney Property by writing their full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth on a 3.5"x5" postcard and sending it with proper postage affixed to: (i) if a legal resident of the United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada or Mexico: P.O. Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126; or (ii) if a legal resident of the United Kingdom: Disney Dream Giveaway, 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Participants may enter once per day during the Giveaway Period. All mail-in entries must be mailed separately, postmarked by December 31, 2007 and received by January 14, 2008 or they will be void.

desperate housewife
09-25-2006, 05:08 PM
I think the magic will be contageous. My family has a list of special things we will try to do for others this year. Last year the kids gave out glow sticks at the parades and they had such a gret time. If we all go hoping to spread some fun, instead of just expecting it for ourselves, I think our trips will be even better. Thanks for starting this thread! It turns out, Disney magic doesn't just come from Disney! It's us too!

Great idea - DH and I are thinking of things we can do in December. We can't all have the wonderful CM job of wish patrol, but we can do our own little surprises. I just love Disney and Disney fans!!! :love:

iamjkmb
09-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Fun stuff!

Ms.Chernabog
09-25-2006, 05:11 PM
We were at the World last week and we received several free things. Since this has never happened to me before I assumed it must be part of the new promotion. My son got a free icecream @ Gerties for answering the question, "Who designed Dinosour Gertie?" We got Celebration Buttons for answering some trivia questions right on our boat trip from MGM to Epcot. Then the Celebration button got me a free water and my son a free coke later in the day. I thought it was pretty cool.

tmq2766
09-25-2006, 05:13 PM
So who did design Gerti? :confused3 Just in case I get asked I want to sound smart. hehe :smooth:

clombardi
09-25-2006, 05:16 PM
pixiedust: subscribing

B'rer Karen
09-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Subscribing. These are all neat stories and I can't wait to hear more. And I think I'm going to get some glow sticks to take with me and hand out to random people on my upcoming trip. Granting wishes definitely can be as much fun as receiving them. And I'd love to light up some little girl or boy's face! :wizard:

MickeyMaz
09-25-2006, 05:36 PM
It's very cool to hear these stories. I hope they continue these small type of Dreams once the actual promotion begins.

Lisa0503
09-25-2006, 05:53 PM
We just got back from out trip and had a few "Magical Moments" last week. First off, on Tuesday night, DH and I were in MK without the kids (my girlfriend watched our kids so we could have a 'night out' as a thank you for inviting her to come & picking up her room tab...) Anyway, we decided to ride the HM since I didn't want to take the little ones on it because I thought it was too scary for my 2 yr old. As we went into the line a CM approached us and pulled us aside...we had been chosen to 'open the HM'. We got to go thru the CM entrance and open the doors to allow the guests (aka 'bodies') to enter. We had to say "Enter if you dare" when we opened the doors and then "Your time will come" to the people who were still waiting to get in when we closed the doors then we joined everyone in the strech room. Apparently they will have some type of costume for the guests chosen to do this in the future. It was fun and a nice memory for DH & I to share from our first trip to Disney together.

My 2 yr old DD had a "Magical Moment" as well. We were on our way to the Princess Dinner in Epcot and had just entered thru the IG when a CM pulled my DD who was dressed in her Cinderella gown into the World Traveler Gift Shop. They had her sign their autograph book and gave her an adorable certificate and then a scroll which was a coloring page of Cinderella & the castle tied with a ribbon. My DD was thrilled!!!

We also experienced a random act of kindness from other guests at MNSSHP on Friday night. We were late getting a spot to the 2nd parade and finally found a spot that had a few small children sitting on the curb so we lined up behind them. Well they offered to make room for my DD to sit with them. She got along great with the 4 yr old little girl so they had a great time watching the parade together and sharing their candy from their trick or treat bags. Then the older boy got up to sit behind his sister so I could sit since I was holding my 1 year old (who is 28 lbs and not walking) It was so nice of that family to share their parade spot with us....especially after reading so many horror stories about the parade crowds. It was very appreciated and really helped make our night more magical!!!!

Marthasor
09-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Subscribing!!!

beattyfamily
09-25-2006, 06:51 PM
FYI...

You can subscribe by just clicking above on the 'Thread Tools' and then choosing "subscribe to this thread". You do not have to post to a thread to subscribe to it.

That way those who are already subscribed (like me) don't come running to the thread to see if someone posted a new magical story only to find out its just another person 'subscribing'.

Tiggerrn2
09-25-2006, 06:54 PM
These stories are great. Leaving in 13 days. Can't wait. I'll be celebrating turning 40 so I'll have to get the birthday button!!! Would love to spend some time handing out wishes myself. How fun!!!

labdogs42
09-25-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm glad everyone is enjoying the thread! That makes me feel pixiedust: ! I forgot to mention that I saw some other wishes granted while I was there. They had people chosen to be the grand marshals of the afternoon parade that got special gold ears and a ride in the parade. It was really cool, too. I'm not sure how or when they were chosen and I'd love to hear some of those stories, too!!

dustysky
09-25-2006, 06:58 PM
I already posted this in another thread but last Sunday my son and I were picked to be family pf the hour at MGM, the CM walked us to RNR, took us in the back and got us on theride with no wait. At the end she was waiting for us and bought our picture for us.
I was MORE then excited!

Boo99
09-25-2006, 07:01 PM
I didn't read the whole thread, but if you go to allears.net, they list most of the prizes that they will be giving away. Will be there in just over two weeks, hopefully we can win something.

Tink-n-Belle
09-25-2006, 07:08 PM
I had a magical moment last Feb. My sister collects pins and wanted a 2005 pin- I asked in 3 stores and when I asked at the BWV store the CM went in back and then said "I'm sorry, we don't have any left". But while I was shopping another CM came over to me and said I have one to trade. I was like oh awesome, but since I don't collect the pins I said, let me go buy one and we will trade, Which one would you like? She said, oh no, just take this one, you don't have to buy one to trade with me. And after going back and forth(yes I do, no you don't etc), I finally let her give it to me.

I have to say that made my week and the funny thing is that my sister got the pin, but I got the better gift, I got the MAGIC!!

Soarin'Steven
09-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Subscribing!

This should be great. :banana:

Mouse511
09-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Subscribing :goodvibes. Great stories!

gssmks
09-25-2006, 07:30 PM
This is wonderful. My family is going to be at WDW from Dec 16-29. I hope I see tons of these little "Magical Moments". It would be nice to receive one or two, but it would also be nice to see the little kids get something. I love the idea of handing out glow sticks at the parades. We just got back from a Disney Cruise on Saturday, and a little girl was handing out glow bracelets at the Pirates Party. All the little kids appreciated them so much. Maybe we will try to do something like this.

miste76
09-25-2006, 07:39 PM
We just returned from our disneymoon and we had several Magical Moments!!!
1) Grand Marshall's of the 3:00 MK parade on 9/13.
2) We were taken on a honeymoon safari at AK. (This is an official Wish that they're trying out... we were only the 3rd couple to be given this.)
3) Magical moments certificate at Buzz Lightyear
4) VIP seating for both parades on 9/15 MNSSHP
5) Front of the monorail seating (without asking for it!!!)
6) Upgraded room at BWV to the Boardwalk view from standard view.
7) Upgraded room at Vero Beach to Ocean view from standard view.
8) Several free desserts at dinner
9) Free bottle of water at MGM
10) A large handful of pins (about 10) all cast lanyards - free.
11) Wonderful conversations with many CM's including a very special Guest Services CM - DOUG!!!!

Thank you to all the wonderful CM's that made such a difference on our honeymoon!!!

I'm sure that there are more, but after my first day at work... I'm just too tired to think !!! I'll write about more as I think of them!!!

Laurajeremy
09-25-2006, 08:07 PM
On our trip last May my now 2 year old was 8 months old and he received so much magic but the most memorable was when we were stading outside SM in the midst of baby swap we met the nicest CM who ended up giving him his first Mickey pin!!!

She ended up "talking" with him for over 15 minutes and had such a great time By the end of it we had stickers, pins and Fast passes for the whole family( 8 total) for both SM and BTMRR

He wore the Mickey pin on his hat for the rest of the trip and everyone would ask where we bought the hat!!!!!

I of course made sure that we sent a great letter about the magic we received and ended up sharing some of the fast passes with another family as well
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/Laurajeremy/DSC02961.jpg

edcrbnsoul
09-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Subscribing and will give my two quick Magic Moments from last trip:

1) Chip,Dale and Mickey throwing me out of my seat and spending extra time with my character shy DS4 at the Garden Grill ,he couldnt get enough of the characters from that point on.

2) Coming to the top of the stairs at Cinderellas Royal Table and finding Cinderella kneeling in front of same son holding his hands whispering something to him and kissing him on the cheek. (he and DW rode up on the elevator with her),she had handed him a handful of pixie dust told him to put it under his pillow tonight and he would have magical dreams, we still have the pixie dust its in a pouch on a shelf in his room.

yellownovawife
09-25-2006, 08:35 PM
A few years ago we went to CRT and my then 8 year old daughter very eagerly told Cinderella "My little sister is wearing the same dress I wore when I came to see you 5 years ago." Cinderella did not miss a beat. She said "I thought I recognized the dress and my you have grown up so much" She even referred to her by name, having picked it up from walking in on the conversation. I think intellectually DD knew it was not the same "Cinderella" but that did not matter. We all felt the magic. Later, on the same trip, at the MNSSHP my daugter was dressed as Belle - just like hundreds of other girls there - She was delighted when a CM asked her for an autograph. I took a photo of her signing - she wrote her name and then she wrote - "future Belle on Broadway" We love telling that story because she is such a little actress.She will be 12 on our next trip and I am hoping to keep the magic going!

cnids00
09-25-2006, 08:42 PM
While we can't go back until September -07, I am mailing a postcard each for me, DH and DD EVERY day for as long as the celebration lasts :rotfl:

I bought 100 prestamped, prepaid postcards at the postoffice for 26.00 and will buy more before they are gone.

My thinking is, if you mail in you have a chance (if not being able to be at WDW) a chance just aswell as anyone else.

I mail them every day, except of course Sundays, maybe we'll win something, maybe not :thumbsup2

mickeyhat
09-25-2006, 08:59 PM
last week at the mk a cm gave my son who turned 3 that day 10 fast passes for any ride in the mk

mickeyhat
09-25-2006, 09:04 PM
also on our trip last week at mgm right before the stars and cars parade,our friend on vacaction with us camera was having promblems and a cm tried to fix it and when he was not able to he went into the camera shop and brought back a disposible at no charge

ColoradoDis
09-25-2006, 10:06 PM
Wow! These are the kind of things I try to explain to non-Disney friends but can never quite get across. We will always be Disney-fanatics (DH & I), even when our two DDs are on their own (sooner rather than later since they are now 14 and 18).

We'll be there in less than 4 weeks and hope we get to witness some of these moments.

Vickie46
09-25-2006, 10:17 PM
wow... keep them coming!

codygirl5150
09-25-2006, 10:56 PM
You all are making it soooo hard to wait until my March '07 trip!!! I wish the whole world would practice what Disney does--this world would be a much better place!

jayandstacey
09-25-2006, 11:39 PM
I didn't read the whole thread, but if you go to allears.net, they list most of the prizes that they will be giving away. Will be there in just over two weeks, hopefully we can win something.
The beauty of this thread is that it turns out it isn't about the prize list - it is about
- the CM that stops and gets to know you
- characters that make the kids feel special
- a little dose of pixie dust when someone needs it most.

And oh, BTW, here's a night's stay in the castle from the prize list. :goodvibes

We'll be there in 36 days, spending 10 days onsite. I'm curious to see how long before this promotion has a serious effect on the crowd - by lifting spirits (even higher!) and making people generally nicer. Not that it was bad, but something like this is bound to make it better.

I was worried Nov was a bad time to go. No longer! This is a brilliant only-Disney-could-pull-it-off idea!

Kitty-chan
09-26-2006, 12:09 AM
(post edited to remove a link to a CM's livejournal; I've heard that he wanted it taken down)

PopArtGal
09-26-2006, 07:19 AM
What time and which channel is the press event?

NMAmy
09-26-2006, 07:50 AM
Here's a cute little story from a CM's livejournal site. (http://disneysaint.livejournal.com/5288.html)

Thanks so much for posting this link--it sounds like the CM's are as excited as the guests. :teeth:

kelleigh1
09-26-2006, 08:30 AM
I think some of the magic may be finding it's way to other places. While much smaller in scale, today in Boston, the MBTA is giving out $2 Dunkin Donuts gift cards to people that they see doing nice things for others on the subway, buses and trains.

So, for anyone in Boston, show some manners today and you might just get that coffee for free.

Fitswimmer
09-26-2006, 08:36 AM
I think some of the magic may be finding it's way to other places. While much smaller in scale, today in Boston, the MBTA is giving out $2 Dunkin Donuts gift cards to people that they see doing nice things for others on the subway, buses and trains.

Wouldn't it be cool if the Magic really spread across the country??? Just think how much more pleasant everyone's lives would be??

I think we DIS people should start a campaign of doing one Magic thing for someone every day. There are so many of us that if we all do one thing, we can affect thousands of other folks every day! It doesn't have to be about money. It could be something really simple like letting someone in front of you in line at the grocery store. Something that really doesn't put you out too much, but makes another person smile. I know we can all come up with some cool ideas that don't cost a thing.

Pooh_Friend#1
09-26-2006, 08:49 AM
I enjoy reading all these stories, helps make my day even more magical.

hipporina
09-26-2006, 09:22 AM
We had so many incredible things happen to us last week! With 8 kids we attracted an enormous amount of attention everywhere we went from CMs and other guests. The things that meant the most to us were just the kind words about our family.

I didn't associate it with the new promotion at the time, but when we bought our Mickey ears we got the embroidery free. My dh and I were buying the hats for our 4 new kids while they were all with my parents and the lady told me it was free as part of a Magical Moment. We were at the hat shop on the end of main street on Saturday evening and it was a nice way to end the trip.

aide4
09-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Great stories!! I hope we get to witness something in December! :banana:

Mischa
09-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Gotta subscribe to this thread! I love the stories - keep 'em coming!!

76 more days till we're in WDW, can't wait! I hope to see folks getting something special.

dustysky
09-26-2006, 11:06 AM
This is paying it forward and I love the idea! PM me if you start a new thread just for this.

Madi100
09-26-2006, 11:54 AM
When we went last December, we were exposed to lots of magic. First of all, the very first night we got there when I stopped at MK to get my annual pass. The CM was from Iowa, which is where we are from. She noticed that, and is from a town about 30 minutes from where I grew up. As we walked away she handed us a certificate to get 4 free ice-cream treats.

Our first full day in MK we went to ride the train and just missed it. In talking to the CM, we found out that she is also from Iowa. She let our girls be the guest conductors and sit in back. They got certificates and they also got to say, "All aboard." My younger DD thought she was supposed to say, "On the board." And, she YELLED it. Sorry for anyone on that train, but she loved it.

A guy in a suit at CR gave my girls free trading pins and made sure that they picked special ones.

My younger DD was really into the pin trading, and she had two people give her free pins, guests that is. She would ask if she could look, and they let her pick one. One guy gave her one from Tokyo Disney from the year she was born. It's a Valentine's Day pin.

But, we love to spread it too. My girls gave away pins. We gave away free fast passes. We shared wet wipes with sticky fingers.

SueRS
09-26-2006, 01:23 PM
"Kristy

Adoptive mom of Luke (10), Kathryn (8), Daniel (6), Joshua (6)
Just added (not adopted yet!) Paul (8), Caleb (5), Juliana (4), and Josiah (4) "

Kristy, you deserve all the magic they can give. I have two bio children and my hands are full. You have opened your heart to 8 children and I think that is just wonderful. Hope you have many magical days.

Disney's Fab 4
09-26-2006, 01:43 PM
I love this thread.... Makes me want to be there right now....

BUT.... I do have a question.... there was a previous poster who said you could send post cards into a address to enter into the contest..... I went out and just purchased all my postcards and just called Disney to make sure that you could mail them because my husband kept saying he saw no address and thought you could only enter via computer.... People at Disney say the same... no mailing... just internet!!!! Anyone hear different? :confused3

beattyfamily
09-26-2006, 01:52 PM

BUT.... I do have a question.... there was a previous poster who said you could send post cards into a address to enter into the contest..... I went out and just purchased all my postcards and just called Disney to make sure that you could mail them because my husband kept saying he saw no address and thought you could only enter via computer.... People at Disney say the same... no mailing... just internet!!!! Anyone hear different? :confused3

Here's the official info on how to enter (besides being picked at WDW):

Also, starting on September 18, 2006, eligible participants can enter without being present in a Disney Property by writing their full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth on a 3.5"x5" postcard and sending it with proper postage affixed to: (i) if a legal resident of the United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada or Mexico: P.O. Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126; or (ii) if a legal resident of the United Kingdom: Disney Dream Giveaway, 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Participants may enter once per day during the Giveaway Period. All mail-in entries must be mailed separately, postmarked by December 31, 2007 and received by January 14, 2008 or they will be void.

Got this info from HERE (http://adestinations.disney.go.com/media/disneyparks/en_US/html/yomdrules.html?CMP=OTC-VanURLYOMDRulesEng#YOMDParticipateText)

Disney's Fab 4
09-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Here's the official info on how to enter (besides being picked at WDW):

Got this info from HERE (http://adestinations.disney.go.com/media/disneyparks/en_US/html/yomdrules.html?CMP=OTC-VanURLYOMDRulesEng#YOMDParticipateText)

thank you..... :thumbsup2

lasmickey
09-26-2006, 02:43 PM
I just love reading all these wonderful stories! Keep them coming please!

EpcotMatt
09-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Looks like we may have to rename this thread & start a new one back up in a few days. Doesn't the contest begin Oct 1? Either way, great thread.

TLC371
09-26-2006, 03:38 PM
My boyfriend proposed to me last week when we were at Epcot. He knew I really wanted to get a picture with The Beast, Belle and Aurora. He talk to the cast member with Aurora and told her he was getting ready to propose to me and wanted to know if Aurora could come and pose with The Beast and Belle. She originially told him no, that they can't allow characters to pose like that. A few minutes later, she came back over and said since it was a special occasion, she was going to allow for Aurora to pose with Belle, The Beast and us. It was such a magical moment to have my boyfriend propose with some of my favorite characters watching, and I'm so grateful in that cast members help in making that moment even more special for us!

momofprincess
09-26-2006, 04:08 PM
While we can't go back until September -07, I am mailing a postcard each for me, DH and DD EVERY day for as long as the celebration lasts :rotfl:

I bought 100 prestamped, prepaid postcards at the postoffice for 26.00 and will buy more before they are gone.

My thinking is, if you mail in you have a chance (if not being able to be at WDW) a chance just aswell as anyone else.

I mail them every day, except of course Sundays, maybe we'll win something, maybe not :thumbsup2

I had this same, exact thought, but then thought maybe it was too much. (Great minds think alike, eh? Or, as my DH likes to say, fools seldom differ.) :rotfl:

I'm doing it!!! :Pinkbounc

Torontogal
09-26-2006, 04:12 PM
:goodvibes Gosh...this is so nice. I could just live at Disney!

hoosiergirl7
09-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the stories. We just got back yesterday from a 5 day trip (too short!) and we're exhausted by our 2.5 yr old. We're thinking about going back in May for our 10 yr wedding anniversary w/o the little guy, but are still undecided.

beeayekay
09-26-2006, 09:15 PM
bumping back to page 1!!!!!

4EverFigment
09-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Not only that Disney is granting wishes (or as some may say, just doing it more publicly), but that it's inspiring an online community to join in.

I do hope someone from the DIS gets a "wish" simply because of all the unselfishness I've read in this thread! Karma comes around! (and it doesn't have to be me either!)

peace
figgy

beeayekay
09-27-2006, 08:42 AM
more dreams!

kicamarie
09-27-2006, 10:59 AM
My boyfriend proposed to me last week when we were at Epcot. He knew I really wanted to get a picture with The Beast, Belle and Aurora. He talk to the cast member with Aurora and told her he was getting ready to propose to me and wanted to know if Aurora could come and pose with The Beast and Belle. She originially told him no, that they can't allow characters to pose like that. A few minutes later, she came back over and said since it was a special occasion, she was going to allow for Aurora to pose with Belle, The Beast and us. It was such a magical moment to have my boyfriend propose with some of my favorite characters watching, and I'm so grateful in that cast members help in making that moment even more special for us!

that was nice of them! Congratulations!!!

ArielsMommy
09-27-2006, 11:37 AM
We have always had magical trips, but 3 moments really stand out to me.

The first was at the little princess store across from Playhouse Disney LIVE. I asked a CM where he got a certain pin from so that I could go and buy one. He asked me if I traded, and I told him I only collect, so he gave it to me. I wear that pin every trip now (it was a Minnie in wedding gear).

The second was about a year and half ago. We were in DTD and we went to the guest service counter to get DD her very first AP. The CM thought she was so sweet and gave her a full sheet of princess stickers. He also gave her a pink AP (pink is her favorite color) with Cinderella on it. It was one of the ones advertising for Cinderellabration. She still has it and often pretends she is at WDW and uses it to get her "fastpasses".

The third was a technical difficulty on Dumbo. We sat in the cars for about 20 minutes before they could fix the problem. We rode the ride and when it was over, they sent us around again. It was perfect timing because the fireworks had just started and we watched them flying around on Dumbo. DD still talks about it to this day. And this was really something as DD HATES fireworks. These are just a few on the many reasons we love WDW.

MicNut713
09-27-2006, 12:13 PM
What wonderful stories!! They all brought a smile to my face :love: :love: I can't wait to go in Dec. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

rayelias
09-27-2006, 12:27 PM
OK, so I'm ALL excited about YOAMD. We usually visit WDW about 3X a year, but we're got 5 trips planned so far starting 10/1. Now, we're not really expecting anything, but it's always fun for us to see other people's "magical memories." We try and participate, in our own little way, too - one of our favorites is giving out fast passes!

Anyhow, we've got a trip planned for F&W in November staying at OKW with a WHOLE group of people we've convinced to join us at the same time. I'd say we've got 4 or 5 groups (family/friends) joining us at that time.

So, we get our ME tickets in the mail today. Not thinking anything of them, I open them up to stick in our file and I notice they say "Grand Floridian" on them. Now, GF is my absolute FAVORITE resort - and we've never stayed there (a little too expensive for us). But, we always visit either for a walk on the grounds, or for a Margarita at Narcoossee's. (By the way, the bartender there makes the BEST Margaritas!)

Immediately, I get SO excited - we got an "upgrade" for the YOAMD!!! Then, I started to think... we're staying at OKW on points (DVC), and it "technically" is a different corporaton, and wouldn't Disney have notified me before this with something official. So, I called to confirm.

Input error. OKW is correct.

Oh, well. A bit of a letdown, but we're still excited to go! It's a first trip for 5 of the people in our group, and it's the first trip for my brand new neice (who I'm sure will be fantastically spoiled by us on this trip).

beattyfamily
09-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Regarding the Year of a Million Dreams, did anyone else catch the new Disney commercial that was on last night at approximately 8:30p, half way through 'Dancing with the Stars' show?

It had ABC stars in it talking about dreams and their own dreams and one was star was Jun from Lost and another star was Mike from Desperate Housewives.

It is to be continued tonight, same time, same place!!

I just knew it was a Disney commercial even though the stars only talked about dreams and their own dreams. It ended with one singer saying "have all my dreams come true?"

I can't wait to see part 2 tonight!!

Al and Kate's Mom
09-27-2006, 02:02 PM
What a great thread! I'll be sure to post any "dreams" I see while I'm there in 35 DAYS!!!

Have a question - I'll be traveling solo for this November trip, and I'd like to spread some of my own Pixie Dust, but I want to be very careful about how I do it - single woman handing out stuff might make some parents nervous. What can I do that won't make anyone feel uncomfortable but that might make someone's day? (I know I wouldn't want anyone giving my DDs any kind of food, so that's out)...thanks for any suggestions you can give me! :thumbsup2

Quinn222
09-27-2006, 02:12 PM
I'll be traveling solo for this November trip, and I'd like to spread some of my own Pixie Dust, but I want to be very careful about how I do it - single woman handing out stuff might make some parents nervous. What can I do that won't make anyone feel uncomfortable but that might make someone's day?

I always give up my seat on the bus. Which to me is good manners but given the reactions I get most people seem to see it as pixie dust!

pamrob
09-27-2006, 02:15 PM
We had several special moments on our trip earlier this month. Three of my girls got to help teach the hand jive at Lion King. Two of them got picked out of the line to do laser target practice at Buzz Lightyear. My 3 y/o and DH were hanging out in a shop (waiting for the rest of us to ride a ride) and the CM gave her a candy bar. Also a really nice CM in Epcot gave all 5 of my girls pins since they were wearing lanyards with no pins. (We had attached their Keys to the lanyard so we didn't have to keep track of them). He thought they needed to start a collection. Later in the week a CM at AK gave the 3 y/o another pin for hers.

They had great fun with all the little surprises. I just keep thinking they would expect that much attention every time they went. I think we were just very fortunate to have gone at a low crowd time. :cheer2: :moped:

First timer
09-27-2006, 02:17 PM
My family and I went to MGM on Friday night instead of going to dinner and a movie. We were approached by a cast member as we entered the park and asked if we were planning on riding RNR or TOT. When we answered yes he said we could be the Family of the Hour. He took us into guest relations where we got a Magical Moments certificate and coupons for free icecream and free popcorn and drink to use at Fantasmic for all 5 of us. Then he took us to RNR and we went to the front of the line using the back entrance. The best part of the whole thing was just talking to CM "Stevens". He is a true Disney spirit. He even rode the ride sitting next to me, so of course I bought the pic.

Wow - that is so great! :thumbsup2

Wigit12
09-27-2006, 02:59 PM

What size are the postcards? Disney wants 3 1.2x5 and the ones I have are 4x6. Didn't think to get ones from the post office.

beattyfamily
09-27-2006, 03:01 PM
What size are the postcards? Disney wants 3 1.2x5 and the ones I have are 4x6. Didn't think to get ones from the post office.

I also bought mine from the Post Office. They are 3.5 x 5.5 which is the standard size; the smallest postcard the post office will accept/deliver.

I think the post office ones are perfect for this.

Family Fun Mom
09-27-2006, 03:31 PM
This thread is so beautiful.

One of my very best friends is taking her family to Disney this November. She and her husband had their honeymoon there 11 years ago and have been dying to go back ever since. Now they finally are and they're bringing their two wonderful kids with them. I sent her an e-mail yesterday with links all about the YOAMD with the title "As if you need more reason to be excited." They are bouncing off the walls with excitment :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: . It's so cute. Her husband gives me the official countdown each time I see him.

I hope they are covered with pixie dust on their trip! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: I can't even tell you how much they deserve it.

mousiemom
09-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Love this thread!!! Only Disney, huh? When we go on our trip we are gonna see a lot of people being friendly aren't we? That is so exciting!! I've posted before that our group(12) was given free tickets to the millionaire show when they were doing an actual taping w/Meredith and we were given golden ears. We were thrilled!! We watched the show but could only see my mom on there. We are looking forward to seeing dreams come true on our Jan. trip. I'm just happy to be there!!

hulagirl87
09-27-2006, 03:57 PM
Last Tuesday night we were having dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. We had a really great server and were having a blast with the characters. We were waiting for our desert and our server came out and some of the other servers as well and they were ringing a big hand bell. They were carrying a big cake so it looked like it was someone's birthday. Well, they headed right to our table! At first I was like, oh no! they have the wrong table! and then our server asked if it was our birthday. we said no and she said "then it must be your unbirthday!" and they gave us the cake, lit the candles on it and gave us a certificate! It was such a great and unexpected surprise. One of the highlights of our trip. Afterwards, our server told us that it is something new that they are doing at the Magic Kingdom. She said it was nice that we appreciated it so much. She said that some families don't. How do you not appreciate free cake?!? We felt so special to be chosen - it was a great feeling :goodvibes

B'rer Karen
09-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Regarding the Year of a Million Dreams, did anyone else catch the new Disney commercial that was on last night at approximately 8:30p, half way through 'Dancing with the Stars' show?

It had ABC stars in it talking about dreams and their own dreams and one was star was Jun from Lost and another star was Mike from Desperate Housewives.

It is to be continued tonight, same time, same place!!

I just knew it was a Disney commercial even though the stars only talked about dreams and their own dreams. It ended with one singer saying "have all my dreams come true?"

I can't wait to see part 2 tonight!!

LOL I saw that and I turned to my DBF and said "This is a Disney commercial. I just know it. This is ABC and Disney owns ABC and Disney is doing this Year of a Million Dreams thing." He is just staring at me with this bemused smile on his face and probably thinking I was crazy.

usewickhouse
09-27-2006, 07:26 PM
subscribing...this is such a wonderful, uplifting thread!

PopArtGal
09-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if the Magic really spread across the country??? Just think how much more pleasant everyone's lives would be??

I think we DIS people should start a campaign of doing one Magic thing for someone every day. There are so many of us that if we all do one thing, we can affect thousands of other folks every day! It doesn't have to be about money. It could be something really simple like letting someone in front of you in line at the grocery store. Something that really doesn't put you out too much, but makes another person smile. I know we can all come up with some cool ideas that don't cost a thing.

I gave a donut to a janitor whom I had a "fight" with last year since he was being really mean to me. Does that count?

Vickie46
09-27-2006, 09:43 PM
I love this thread!

plgrn
09-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Have a question - I'll be traveling solo for this November trip, and I'd like to spread some of my own Pixie Dust, but I want to be very careful about how I do it - single woman handing out stuff might make some parents nervous. What can I do that won't make anyone feel uncomfortable but that might make someone's day? :thumbsup2

We are giving out glow sticks at MNSSHP. My friend got several CASES of them for free and they are orange to boot! In the past when I want to give a child something, I don't look at or speak to them at all. Just the parents and say "Would your daughter/son like a glowstick?" and hand it straight to the parent. :thumbsup2

robind
09-27-2006, 11:21 PM
but when we were there in August one of the CM gave our group of nine free ice cream at one of the stands in AK. Our 2 year old LOVES popcycles so he was the most excited (and messiest) :banana:

Marthasor
09-28-2006, 07:19 AM
I have a feeling they will give one of the big prizes away on Oct. 1, the first day of the promotion!! I can't wait to hear!!!

beattyfamily
09-28-2006, 07:25 AM
I don't know if its been mentioned on this thread but something BIG is going down at MK on October 4. Supposidly they'll be 1000 CM lining Main Street for a prize for one lucky family who won time at MK in each land all alone!

The CMs are reporting to work at 5:00a and this 'celebration' should be done by regular park opening.

There will also be reporters there as well.

I can't wait to hear more about it!!

Pooh_Friend#1
09-28-2006, 08:29 AM
I don't know if its been mentioned on this thread but something BIG is going down at MK on October 4. Supposidly they'll be 1000 CM lining Main Street for a prize for one lucky family who won time at MK in each land all alone!

The CMs are reporting to work at 5:00a and this 'celebration' should be done by regular park opening.

There will also be reporters there as well.

I can't wait to hear more about it!!
Wow, how cool. I can't wait to hear more about the lucky family that gets this chance.

Holly&Joesmommy
09-28-2006, 08:38 AM
THanks to the OP for this thread! I feel so good after reading all of these magical stories!! :sunny:
29 more days for us....woohoo :cool1:

Brise Nannie
09-28-2006, 08:53 AM
Ooo, I just love this "good feeling" thread. I'm headed to the world next month, and now I'm even more excited!

Ditto! I have goosebumps just reading this thread. And my family wonders why I'm such a Disney fanatic. I can't wait for our trip in December!!! :banana:

STGR80
09-28-2006, 06:51 PM
Hey the new celebration officially kicks off October first 2006 and will last a year! :thumbsup2

Vickie46
09-29-2006, 07:07 AM
I can't wait to start reading how it goes!!! How exciting! :cool1:

Fabooliss
09-29-2006, 07:07 AM
Hey the new celebration officially kicks off October first 2006 and will last a year! :thumbsup2
:welcome:

Hi STGR80: Welcome to the DIS!!!

queenmum2
09-29-2006, 07:43 AM
Subscribing and will give my two quick Magic Moments from last trip:

1) Chip,Dale and Mickey throwing me out of my seat and spending extra time with my character shy DS4 at the Garden Grill ,he couldnt get enough of the characters from that point on.

We had a similar pixie dust experience with Chip & Dale. At O'Hana for breakfast our first morning in WDW, my DD - then 3 - was not really AFRAID but shy...more like star-struck. When it came time for the parade, she didn't want to go with the other children, but wanted me to go with her. I felt a little silly marching in the kids parade around the restaurant. Here comes Dale who marches alongside us for a minute, then reaches down and grabs DD's hand. She was in HEAVEN. I dropped back, and got so teary-eyed watching my baby march around O'Hana with her maraca, holding Dale's hand! I know it wasn't an official magic moment (2003), but it was magical for us. (I have a photo -- but don't know how to insert...oh well)

Tracie

Vickie46
09-29-2006, 08:47 AM
oh that was a magical moment!

kicamarie
09-29-2006, 09:04 AM
i got something in the mail from mickey a couple days ago. It was a a really cute disney vacation club picture thing and a 2008 planning booklet... yes, it's because my family is DVC owners, but..... it was nice to get,and made me even more excited for our upcoming vacation!!!!!!

Food luck to the people that will be down there for YOAMD!!!!!!

Christopher Robin
09-29-2006, 09:16 AM

Is YOAMD giving away ADRs or CS credits, too?

hygienejean
09-29-2006, 09:23 AM
LOVE this thread! :thumbsup2

How fun to read about the pixie dust moments!

kicamarie
09-29-2006, 09:48 AM
Is YOAMD giving away ADRs or CS credits, too?

Woops! I meant good luck! But.... who knows! Did you see that list of stuff they are giving away!!??!! i wouldnt be surprised if they came up to someone and said "CONGRATULATIONS, you have been chosen with (#) guests to eat exclusively at Cinderellas royal table with EVERY SINGLE DISNEY CHARACTER. that would be...........AWESOME!!!!

BLUEAPPLE422
09-29-2006, 10:06 AM
I enjoy reading all these stories. :disrocks:

Deesknee
09-29-2006, 10:40 AM
I really don't know where to begin. No official million dreams wishes, but that disney magic has been in so many of my trips.

DS seeing Tink fly for the first time at 12yo., looking up at me and saying i guess dreams really do come true.

cm at pin station at dtd finding a discontinued pin of height restrictions (dd rode Goofys roller coaster for first time this trip), we had looked every where. I went in the pin store to buy one to trade and he said it wasn't neccessary. I got choked up an teary eyed.

Chip remembering my family at LTT from Chef Mickeys previous day. And making the effort to go get a pen & right us a note saying he remembered
us.

Scott at Tonys - just so perfect.

Chip and Dale rolling on the ground at extra magic hours to play with my 11month old.

Aladdin spending extra time with my 3 1/2 yo after finding out he had dressed up as Aladdin for halloween. (many years ago at MNSSHP) When Ds was shy he teased him saying (to our video camara as well as ds) "Come on Douglas, your 20 yrs old and your wife is watching!" He also commented on ds Boston Bruins hat. i think he almost made a slip on this one. (i think perhaps Boston had a special place in his heart).

Dh & my anniversary checking into SSR for the first time there was a certificate awaiting us. (again I got teary eyed)

it goes on. Like most of us, just being in WDW is a wish come true. But I hope I am able to make it down there while this promotion is running. I would love to see the magic happening.

saschab
09-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Thank goodness you didn't transpose those letters a different way....this is a family board, ya know! ;)
:rotfl2:

judykay53
09-29-2006, 12:50 PM
My daughter and family checked in about 1 this morning to the WL after an hour delay at the Nashville airport and then the Magical Express took them and one other family to AKL instead of WL. When she got to her room she called and said they are on the 7th floor and had to use their room key to use the elevater. Thought nothing about it at that time of the early morning hours! Plus we have never stayed there before. After they ate lunch, she called and said "Mom there is an area here that has coffee and such. Does that mean we were upgraded to concierge?" Yes, child I believe that is correct. Nothing was said at check in. They are getting spoiled now.

Simba22
09-29-2006, 01:08 PM
Reading these stories has really made my day. Monday's are always tough going back to work...yes I'm there right now. But reading these I am smiling from all the Disney Magic. I'll be watching this one for updates!

67 days and we'll be celebrating our 10 year anniversary at WDW...can't wait :woohoo: !

ITA! reading these stories has made me SO excited to go back and even if we don't get anything *special* from the YOAMD promotion, just being there is special enough!

And Phantom you and are I going at the same time! Where are you guys staying? We're at All Star Movies! :cool1:

dischick4778
09-29-2006, 01:18 PM
What a great thread! I am really enjoying all of the magic. :goodvibes

bdtracey
09-29-2006, 03:35 PM
I didn't see this posted but it seemed pretty magical to me and my DW.

During our first trip this past May we went to MGM for our second day and I was literally the first person in the park when they let people thru the turnstiles...look left...no one...look right...no one!!! I thought that this was pretty magical to begin with! We were following a touring plan that I found in the Unofficial Guide (brilliant BTW!) and when we got to the Backlot Tour there was a woman standing right near the entrance who boldly stated "YOU TWO! FOLLOW ME!" And I immediately started thinking....what could I have possibly done wrong! Then we walked through this door that had a sign "Stunt Actors Only" but at this point I was still thinking that we were in trouble for something. Next thing we knew we were putting on the rainsuits and rubber boots and being instructed how to act during the scene that we were about to be in. FYI we did a terrible job because we could hear a darn thing the director was saying...we just ran around like a couple of idiots! It was still very magical for us though. Both my wife and I are fairly reserved but this totally helped bring us out of our shells for the rest of the trip! Like I said, it doesn't sound all that special but I really enjoyed it nonetheless.

As for the random acts of kindness...I've really started to get into the mentality of doing something kind for people every day. The one person I would like to do something kind for is this guy that sells a "spare change" newspaper on the corner of the street where I work. The fellow always seems quite happy on the outside but I can tell that, somedays, he's really hurting on the inside. My heart really goes out to this guy and I try to help him by buying a paper every couple weeks. After talking with him I realized how tough things really are...the paper is his sole source of income and he pays for rent and food from his sales. Recently his rent got raised from $370/month to $580/month and it's due weekly now. I would really like to find some way to do something magical for him... :confused3 I'm not quite sure what to do but I know something will come to me!

Keep the magic moments coming...they're great reading during my all-too-frequent breaks!!!

buzz2400
09-29-2006, 04:25 PM
subscribing

beck0321
09-29-2006, 04:41 PM
I confess, I didn't read through all this, but I have a question. Are the wishes only for the kids? I don't have any kids and I'm an adult. I wonder what my odds are? :confused3

B'rer Karen
09-29-2006, 04:46 PM
I confess, I didn't read through all this, but I have a question. Are the wishes only for the kids? I don't have any kids and I'm an adult. I wonder what my odds are? :confused3

It makes no difference what your age is for the official dreams. It is my understanding that those are randomly selected based on a computer program. For example, the 3rd person to enter the Splash Mountain queue at 3pm. Now, if it is a child they might have to have an adult present depending on the wish. I don't know about that. But not having children with you doesn't have anything to do with this promotion.

For the random wishes like some people have witnessed, it might make a difference depending on what the wish is. For example, the CM might specfically be looking for a family (although I would argue that a married couple is a family...but I digress). But Disney and the CM's that work there know that Disney magic doesn't have an age requirement.

JFlo
09-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Is anyone else having a problem submitting their dream wishes to the YOMD website? Every time I try to log in, my computer freezes. I want desperately to submit my dream! ONE time I got as far as typing it out, but when I went to submit it, the website said they could not process my submission at that time! The following is my dream, which I saved on my computer. It was difficult to compose in 500 characters or less...

Title: "Second Star to the Right"

"Peter Pan has captured the imagination of my dear 2 and a half year old girl. She IS Tinkerbell, and she calls me Wendy and her daddy, Peter Pan. When we visit WDW in Feb., more than any character, she wants to meet Tinkerbell. My dream would be for Tink to accompany my little girl through Peter Pan's Magic Flight and then bring us to the best spot in MK to see the Dreams Come True Parade! I've heard Tink does not make appearances, but a little girl and her mom can dream, right?"

I guess I just keep on trying.

FeeFeeWhite
09-29-2006, 05:02 PM
My son anwsered a trivia question in Dinoland last week. Even though he got it wrong they still gave him free ice cream and a nice certificate.

Margaret West
09-29-2006, 05:47 PM
:wizard:
Just a thought, but you could organize a day where everyone in your work place buy a paper from your guy on the corner or if your work place only has a few employess you could get all the offices on all four corners to buy papers all on the same day. I don't know the price of the papers but they couldn't be that expensive. Get everyone one involved. It would probably make his day!!! :wizard:

bab31
09-29-2006, 07:04 PM

You can enter by mail also , scan back on this thread for the address, The info is taken directly from the contest entry rules.

stinkerbell_&_Co
09-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Is anyone else having a problem submitting their dream wishes to the YOMD website? Every time I try to log in, my computer freezes. I want desperately to submit my dream! ONE time I got as far as typing it out, but when I went to submit it, the website said they could not process my submission at that time! The following is my dream, which I saved on my computer. It was difficult to compose in 500 characters or less...

Title: "Second Star to the Right"

"Peter Pan has captured the imagination of my dear 2 and a half year old girl. She IS Tinkerbell, and she calls me Wendy and her daddy, Peter Pan. When we visit WDW in Feb., more than any character, she wants to meet Tinkerbell. My dream would be for Tink to accompany my little girl through Peter Pan's Magic Flight and then bring us to the best spot in MK to see Tink fly over the Castle during Wishes. I've heard Tink does not make appearances, but a little girl and her mom can dream, right?"

I guess I just keep on trying.

I love reading all the wish granting and pixie dust spreading! :wizard: I can't wait for our very first trip in February! :Pinkbounc

Do you happen to have an the link to enter online? I haven't seen that before, and I'd love to check it out! :lovestruc

Thanks

JFlo
09-29-2006, 09:49 PM
I love reading all the wish granting and pixie dust spreading! :wizard: I can't wait for our very first trip in February! :Pinkbounc

Do you happen to have an the link to enter online? I haven't seen that before, and I'd love to check it out! :lovestruc

Thanks

No problem, I just hope it works better on your computer than it has on mine!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/index?name=HomePage

Happy wishing!

goodfaerie
09-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Subscribing to this wonderful thread! :thumbsup2

goodfaerie
09-30-2006, 12:02 AM
Oops--try that again (sorry) :blush:

jayandstacey
09-30-2006, 12:23 AM
One more day.

On Sunday the Magic Kingdom will open as usual. At some point during the day, an ususpecting guest will get a tap on the shoulder.

"Cinderella would like you and your family to be her guest tonight..."

Vickie46
09-30-2006, 05:52 AM
I thought that don't start until January.. I hope I am wrong.. we go in December.. and that would be such a dream! :thumbsup2

beattyfamily
09-30-2006, 06:30 AM
I thought that don't start until January.. I hope I am wrong.. we go in December.. and that would be such a dream! :thumbsup2

You are right. Some prizes are starting at a certain time.

The night in Cinderella's Castle starts in January:

Starting at the end of January 2007, three hundred and seven (307) ONE-NIGHT STAYS AT CINDERELLA CASTLE SUITE are available: AEach prize consists of a ONE-NIGHT STAY ON THE NIGHT PRIZE IS AWARDED for winner and up to five (5) guests at the Cinderella Castle Suite in the Magic KingdomŪ Park. Prize includes: dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table, photos with Cinderella, VIP viewing for SpectroMagic and/or Wishes shows (subject to availability) and select snacks and non-alcoholic beverages in the room. Each winner may also be celebrated in the Magic KingdomŪ Park daytime parade (at Sponsor's sole discretion). ARV of each prize: US$587.

beattyfamily
09-30-2006, 06:32 AM
Oops--try that again (sorry) :blush:

You do NOT have to post to a thread to subscribe to it! Just go to the top of the thread and click on 'Thread Tools' and then pick "Subscribe to this Thread".

Its SO much easier that way!

Kitty-chan
09-30-2006, 07:07 AM
I'm not sure if anybody's already posted this here, but a new press release came out yesterday (http://www.prnewswire.com/news/index_mail.shtml?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/09-29-2006/0004442608&EDATE=) about the YOAMD. Not just the prizes, but some stuff about the new attractions (some of this detail was news to me, at least).

I'll also include a shameless plug . . . I blogged about this a couple minutes ago, and there's a link to my blog in my sig below. :blush: The headline on this blog post is "Walt Disney World to Use Cell Phones in New Attraction, Give Math Tests to Canadians."

Joanna71985
09-30-2006, 07:25 AM
Yesterday, a YOMD magical moment was performed with Buzz. A kid was chosen to ride with Buzz on his attraction. We did it twice- once in the morning and again in the afternoon. The 2nd time, the mom was so happy that she started to cry.

hiyall804
09-30-2006, 07:43 AM
Starting at the end of January 2007, three hundred and seven (307) ONE-NIGHT STAYS AT CINDERELLA CASTLE SUITE are available: AEach prize consists of a ONE-NIGHT STAY ON THE NIGHT PRIZE IS AWARDED for winner and up to five (5) guests at the Cinderella Castle Suite in the Magic KingdomŪ Park. Prize includes: dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table, photos with Cinderella, VIP viewing for SpectroMagic and/or Wishes shows (subject to availability) and select snacks and non-alcoholic beverages in the room. Each winner may also be celebrated in the Magic KingdomŪ Park daytime parade (at Sponsor's sole discretion). ARV of each prize: US$587.

A stay in the Castle is only $587? That seems offordable-sign me up for 1 night-lol!!

You do NOT have to post to a thread to subscribe to it! Just go to the top of the thread and click on 'Thread Tools' and then pick "Subscribe to this Thread".

Thanks, I didn't know that either!

Thanks Y'All

beattyfamily
09-30-2006, 07:49 AM

A stay in the Castle is only $587? That seems offordable-sign me up for 1 night-lol!!

Thanks, I didn't know that either!

Thanks Y'All

I'll bet if they ever 'really' opened up the Castle for a charge it would be more than $587!! I think they assign a value to it for the contest, for those who might win from home. Since they cannot win the stay in the castle, but will get a similar gift of the same cash value, they probably valued it lower than if you actually were able to book it for prize giving purposes. You know what I mean??

sweetinmaine
09-30-2006, 08:02 AM
We are leaving on Oct 15 for a trip to WDW. First time to MNSSHP. I hope to report back that I was witness to someone's dream coming true...What an experience that would be! Keep Wishing!!! :sunny: As Walt once said "All dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them!"

KellyFam
09-30-2006, 01:16 PM
I'll bet if they ever 'really' opened up the Castle for a charge it would be more than $587!! I think they assign a value to it for the contest, for those who might win from home. Since they cannot win the stay in the castle, but will get a similar gift of the same cash value, they probably valued it lower than if you actually were able to book it for prize giving purposes. You know what I mean??

Not to mention, that is amount you will be charged on your taxes for.....

irish_trip_mom
09-30-2006, 04:52 PM
My son also had his hat embroidered for free as part of the promotion. (Although I thought that maybe because he decided to change his name from Michael to Mickey helped! They said no nicknames, but I guess Mickey can work!)

We also were in the new Family Fun parade at noon as Daisy's pom pom squad.

I was talking to a CM at Friday's Magical beginnings, commenting on how wonderful the program is. She said a family has already spent the night in the castle, and she was sure they had many other new promotions in the works. (I said how great the MB was, and how they should continue it.)

We also had amazing treatment from the GM of the Fun & Food center at the Contemporary. He saw how frazzled we were (we have triplets, and two have autism.) He gave us a bottle of wine that night, then brought us all dessert in our room another night! We had so many wonderful experiences during the week (riding Dumbo with Stitch, my son talking to Crush, my daughter being asked for her autograph while in her Belle dress, etc etc.) that we felt like we were the only family there!

Alyssa's Mom
09-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Last Tuesday night we were having dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. We had a really great server and were having a blast with the characters. We were waiting for our desert and our server came out and some of the other servers as well and they were ringing a big hand bell. They were carrying a big cake so it looked like it was someone's birthday. Well, they headed right to our table! At first I was like, oh no! they have the wrong table! and then our server asked if it was our birthday. we said no and she said "then it must be your unbirthday!" and they gave us the cake, lit the candles on it and gave us a certificate! It was such a great and unexpected surprise. One of the highlights of our trip. Afterwards, our server told us that it is something new that they are doing at the Magic Kingdom. She said it was nice that we appreciated it so much. She said that some families don't. How do you not appreciate free cake?!? We felt so special to be chosen - it was a great feeling :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 The same thing happened to us last Saturday at CRT. We had finished our meal and were waiting for our check when our waiter Paul came over to the table and a lady behind him was carrying a beautiful birthday cake with candles, and I thought OH NO I am going to have to tell them they have the wrong table, and then they told us that today was our UNBIRTHDAY and lit the candles. It was very special and so unexpected!

rayelias
09-30-2006, 05:42 PM
I'll also include a shameless plug . . . I blogged about this a couple minutes ago, and there's a link to my blog in my sig below. :blush: The headline on this blog post is "Walt Disney World to Use Cell Phones in New Attraction, Give Math Tests to Canadians."

I read that artile on your blog.

Exactly what and why, would you think, is the purpose of the math test? Am I missing something?

mushumadness
09-30-2006, 05:51 PM
this last week we got a fastpass to go on space mountain immediatly from a cast member, I think my neice charmed him lol

also a lovely cast member spent ages with the girls giving them crayons and coloring pages and coloring them with them, it was lovely

phantom728
09-30-2006, 06:35 PM
And Phantom you and are I going at the same time! Where are you guys staying? We're at All Star Movies! :cool1: [/COLOR]

Hey Simba -
I can't wait for WDW...I've been counting the days forever it seems! We are staying at SOG for this trip. Are you going to MVMCP? We are most likely going on the 4th. My best friend from HS works at TL, so I'm waiting to see what nights she's free for dinner before purchasing tickets.

Off to read more stories!

allissimmo
09-30-2006, 06:56 PM
In order for Canadians to not get taxed on their winnings, they have to answer a mathematical skill-testing question, which usually is not that hard. It's that way for all contests that we are eligible. we can't get "something for nothing" in other words...

Vickie46
09-30-2006, 07:01 PM
when we were there in April 2006 a cm gave my daughter a pass for the entire family to ride any ride with a fast pass ticket.. we didnt' get to use b/c park was closing and we were leaving that night.. so we are going to use it in December.

vatchr
09-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the great stories! Subscribing!

judykay53
09-30-2006, 08:34 PM
My daughter and family were at Epcot today and when they went to get fast passes for Test Track the machine also spit out a special fast pass for Mission Space. It's off to MK for them tomorrow so I will report as I hear from her.

Debbie6221
09-30-2006, 08:58 PM
I have dreamed about spending the night in Cinderella's castle more as an adult then I did as a kid. I can't believe someone is going to be able to do that! I would love to hear about that experience! We are going for my son's very first birthday on the 12th of October and my parent's 40th anniversary on the 15th. We will be doing an eight night stay at the Grand Floridian. I can't wait! That's magical all in itself! I am new to the DISboards and am so glad to find all of you!
Congratulations to those of you who have gotten some "extra" magic! I'm sure you deserved it!

jenny2
09-30-2006, 09:17 PM
I was reading the rules for the YOAMD regarding mailing in entries on postcards, and read this:

If a prize requiring winner to be present at a Disney Property is designated for award (such as a DREAM FASTPASS badge or the one-night stay at the Cinderella Castle Suite), a winner entering via mail will receive an alternate prize of comparable or greater approximate retail value as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, such as a special edition pin and lanyard, a special edition Dream Mouse Ears or a merchandise gift basket (which may include a Disney Gift Card).

Can you imagine?! You enter by mail, WIN the 1 night stay in Cindy's Suite... and instead you're given a LANYARD?! :rotfl2: Oh, that would be my luck! :rolleyes:

alloyd1170
09-30-2006, 10:15 PM
Labdogs42- I too was in Chapeau Monday (24th) and suddenly the little old lady pulled out a binder and asked for everyones attention. She made a speal about the upcoming promo year and then announced that I was granted a free name on my DDs (1) hat. Hey-$2 is $2-something free from Disney is a treat!

alison

labdogs42
09-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Labdogs42- I too was in Chapeau Monday (24th) and suddenly the little old lady pulled out a binder and asked for everyones attention. She made a speal about the upcoming promo year and then announced that I was granted a free name on my DDs (1) hat. Hey-$2 is $2-something free from Disney is a treat!

alison

Cool! They didn't make any kind of announcement in the store when I was there, they just kind of told me, but they did fill my name in some white binder. It is funny that the promo doesn't officially start until tomorrow, but I know they told me mine was part of the YOAMD. At least as of tomorrow it will have officially started!

Thanks to everyone who has posted magical moments here -- I'm really enjoying all of the stories! Keep 'em coming!

BFIrrera
10-01-2006, 08:13 AM
So who did design Gerti? :confused3 Just in case I get asked I want to sound smart. hehe :smooth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winsor_McCay Winsor McCay, who was also the creator of Little Nemo in Slumberland.

ddiva
10-02-2006, 01:31 PM
Just wanted to add. On our (dh, myself, and some friends) way to MK, a gentleman noticed my anniversary pin. We began to conversate on the monorail and just as we were departing, he presented us a fast pass to any attraction in the park. I asked him where he had gotten this, well, he was a cast member enjoying the afternoon with his wife of 40 years. I thought it was so nice of him and just wanted to share.

D3sdoll
10-02-2006, 02:24 PM
I can't help but feel warm and fuzzy all over!! :love:

Honeibee
10-02-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm not waiting! I'm booking another trip RIGHT NOW!!! :teeth:

dd316
10-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Just wanted to add. On our (dh, myself, and some friends) way to MK, a gentleman noticed my anniversary pin. We began to conversate on the monorail and just as we were departing, he presented us a fast pass to any attraction in the park. I asked him where he had gotten this, well, he was a cast member enjoying the afternoon with his wife of 40 years. I thought it was so nice of him and just wanted to share.
Anniversary pin? Can you PM me as to what this is?

kpm76
10-02-2006, 03:03 PM
I have dreamed about spending the night in Cinderella's castle more as an adult then I did as a kid. I can't believe someone is going to be able to do that! I would love to hear about that experience! We are going for my son's very first birthday on the 12th of October and my parent's 40th anniversary on the 15th. We will be doing an eight night stay at the Grand Floridian. I can't wait! That's magical all in itself! I am new to the DISboards and am so glad to find all of you!
Congratulations to those of you who have gotten some "extra" magic! I'm sure you deserved it!

My birthday is the 12th as well :thumbsup2 We'll be celebrating at MNSSHP. Hope your son has a great first birthday! Congrats to your parents on celebrating 40 years together......that is a wonderful thing :love:

kmcdougan
10-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Not to mention, that is amount you will be charged on your taxes for.....

I'm not 100% certain, but, I believe that the magic number for tax purposes is $600. Anything over that that is paid has to be reported (at least with wages). Over that, you get a 1099 tax form. Stating a value lower than that, makes it easy that it is a prize that noe one should have to worry about tax issues.

Debbie6221
10-02-2006, 03:57 PM
My birthday is the 12th as well :thumbsup2 We'll be celebrating at MNSSHP. Hope your son has a great first birthday! Congrats to your parents on celebrating 40 years together......that is a wonderful thing :love:

Cool beans! We will be at MNSSP for the birthday celebration too!!!
I'll look for you! He He He!

B'rer Karen
10-02-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm not 100% certain, but, I believe that the magic number for tax purposes is $600. Anything over that that is paid has to be reported (at least with wages). Over that, you get a 1099 tax form. Stating a value lower than that, makes it easy that it is a prize that noe one should have to worry about tax issues.

I'm not sure how it works on prizes. For independent contractors it is anything over $600.00 that you have to report on a 1099. But I believe the jackpot must be over $1199 before it is reported, and I believe it is reported on a W-2G. So it definitely depends on what type of "earnings" it is, however the amount still might not be taxable.

kmcdougan
10-02-2006, 05:13 PM
I'm not sure how it works on prizes. For independent contractors it is anything over $600.00 that you have to report on a 1099. But I believe the jackpot must be over $1199 before it is reported, and I believe it is reported on a W-2G. So it definitely depends on what type of "earnings" it is, however the amount still might not be taxable.

Now that you mention it, I believe you are correct. It's been a while since I won anything that valuable, but I have been an independent contractor off and on for a couple years. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was going to have research IRS regs. I hate even thinking about that.
:thumbsup2

tmq2766
10-02-2006, 05:35 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winsor_McCay Winsor McCay, who was also the creator of Little Nemo in Slumberland.

Thank you now if they ask me I will sound like I know my stuff....Winsor McCay, Winsor McCay, Winsor McCay.... OK Got it!!!! :teeth:

chrome64
10-02-2006, 05:44 PM

Hey My birthday is on October 12 TOO!! How cool. We will be at the Oct. 10 MNSSHP, unfortunately I have to work on my birthday so we are celebrating a couple of days early. Can't wait!!

PinGirl
10-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Love this thread!!! Only Disney, huh? When we go on our trip we are gonna see a lot of people being friendly aren't we? That is so exciting!! I've posted before that our group(12) was given free tickets to the millionaire show when they were doing an actual taping w/Meredith and we were given golden ears. We were thrilled!! We watched the show but could only see my mom on there. We are looking forward to seeing dreams come true on our Jan. trip. I'm just happy to be there!!

Some people do not even know this is going on - so they will just be their usual selves! :rotfl2:

kpm76
10-02-2006, 06:44 PM

We'll have our lime green tags on our backpack so look for us :thumbsup2

pennst8r
10-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Just joining in! We'll be there from the 18-22 for an anniv trip without the kids.....can't wait!

stinkerbell_&_Co
10-02-2006, 06:56 PM
I love this thread. We don't go until the end of February, but just reading all about this is making the whole family even more excited (if that's even possible!) I wanted my family's first trip to disney to be Magical, but just being able to see all the great things I've just read about happening, will be a bonus for sure!

willis37862
10-02-2006, 07:12 PM
I can't wait to hear about more of the wishes that are granted. We just got back a week ago and did see any then. I am trying to talk DH into a trip again next year so we can go during this celebration. :)

wdwprncess77
10-02-2006, 07:40 PM
Hello there happy Disers -

I just got back last night from a quick four day excursion to the world. And I saw some dreams and I think I might have had one granted, but there was no explanation that it was happening.

Last thursday we saw Lights Motors show. One of the stunt cars actually crashed but the driver was ok. It was quite frightening. I felt horrible about it, but he walked away clean and the show went on. But, on to the dream portion. They chose the little kid to "drive" the car with the remote control. I remember seeing this on my April trip, but this time they talked about how this was part of YOAMD and they just granted his dream. They also singled out a family as part of YOAMD in the beginning. Nothing spectacular, but I can imagine that being a child and getting to be on the jumbo tron is quite a thrill.

Then while riding Soarin on Friday, they singled out a family that was flying first class. They were front row center. After they welcomed them and hooted and hollered (it was adorable and made me teary eyed) a cast member presented them with what I assume was a certificate. It was really nice to see.

OK - so here is the part I'm not sure about but was totally cool. The started the family fun parade. When we entered MK we saw the end of this and people were waving flags and dancing in the streets. I was there on Saturday and was walking right down the middle of Main Street U.S.A. (love that jingle) when a cast member stopped my party (Mom, Dad, and myself.) He asked if we would like to be in the family fun parade. So we thought great. We waited in front of the castle in the roped off area until they gave us our instructions. We were part of the Daisy duck unit and were pom pom people. We marched the whole leg of the parade route from the castle back to the front of the park and did our little dance. It was so much fun. They never once mentioned YOAMD, but I can definately imagine that this would be someone's wish. I was in the Hercules Electrical parade here in NY when that premiered here so I've been in a parade before, but never in the MK. So it was super cool. I love getting to participate. New adventures in disney is what keeps us going back over and over again. Keeps us on our toes.

Now I'm back to the world this friday for my second halloween party and food and wine festivalling. So I'll let you all know if I see any more dreams fulfilled. Happy dising!

traviesojmt
10-02-2006, 07:43 PM
My sister and her family are at Disney this week. They had something great happen to them this morning. They got to lead the rope drop to the Safari and then were chosen as the Special Family of the morning. The CM then led them to the Safari where they got to ride first and alone before everyone else. They also received a special certificate. According to my sister, the family that was directly behind them received a dream fastpass for multiple rides. My sister said that it was really exciting to be chosen. This is their first trip to Disney and first time at AK. They really felt the Disney magic this morning.

I don't really know if this is related to the new promotion, but my sister and her family are eating at Rose and Crown tonight. They are giving away small prizes for answering trivia questions about United Kingdom. I have eaten there several times and have not seen this before, so I don' t know if it is new or something that they are known to do on occasion.

NewEnglandDisney
10-02-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm not waiting! I'm booking another trip RIGHT NOW!!! :teeth:

You know, the moment you said that, a marketing executive got his wings. ;)

It is exciting, isn't it?

NED

Tarheel Tink
10-02-2006, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=NewEnglandDisney]You know, the moment you said that, a marketing executive got his wings. ;)

:lmao: :rotfl2:

dairyou
10-02-2006, 08:51 PM
subscribing :)

tink&cinderella
10-02-2006, 09:47 PM
During our last trip in August my dd's were chosen to decorate the little X-Mas tree at the Christmas store at MK and the CM hung a sign on the tree with their name on it. Afterwards each of them received a Magical moments certificate with their name on it and a Mickey mouse glass ornament for each of them -one blue and one red.

At POR on our second last day I was conversing with the DVC rep who told me he sometimes is on the cruise ship as well. Told him we were exepecting to be there for the 10 day in December and would check in with him. I noticed he was wearing his Pluto-secret DVC pin anc commented how cute it was. Without hesitation, he took it off and handed it to me.

I love the little extra's that make our trips so wonderfully magical.

Great thread

Denise

kritter
10-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Subscribing!!!!

Trini
10-02-2006, 10:26 PM
We went to Disneyland today. It was incredibly crowded, but lots of fun. We didnt have anything extra special happen to us, but we did see a few things.

We saw a young family grabbed from the masses on Main St. and escorted down towards the firestation and then inside. Not sure what they 'GOT' but there were 4 men in light blue suits with them and they were all SMILING ear to ear.

We also saw a group of people snagged from the LONG line at Indiana Jones, and taken up to the front of the line.

We heard about some families getting free parking. We also heard about people who were given free desserts after their meals at the Plaza Restaurant.

At California Adventure: MANY people had lanyards with YOAMD Fastpass Passes attached. It appeared to be good for the entire day at that one park (California Adventure). Kinda cool.

So some magical things are happening :)

susancl
10-02-2006, 10:46 PM

An item $600 or over would trigger a 1099 to be issued. Regardless of whether a 1099 is issued, a taxpayer is still required to report it and pay taxes on it. (Sorry, CPA)

susancl
10-02-2006, 10:59 PM

A form W-2G is for gambling winnings. A 1099 is used for any person, unincorporated company or law firm that a business pays $600 or more to. I believe a 1099-MISC would be issued for a sweepstakes win. (Sorry again, CPA)

hobbester
10-02-2006, 11:20 PM
We got to ride Rock-N-Rollar coaster twice in a row today at MGM. When we pulled up to the place that you are supposed to get off, they said you want to ride again, and off we went. When we got to the loading zone, the people waiting, kept looking at us - it was fun!

Tiggergrams1
10-03-2006, 12:16 AM
I just thought I'd add this state that my DH wrote up heis a part of the Dream Squad to and this is justv something he thought would help everyone to understand there roll in all this. He loves doing it and has enjoyed meeting all the people he has met and giving smiles to all that he meets. So here is a little bit of info for you.

I am on the Inaugural Dream Squad team.

The Dream Squad has 2 main functions. These are as follows.

Dream Greeter
Prize Fulfillment

We perform these in the following costume.
Tan pants and blue button down shirts. We wear a white vest when we are in Prize Fulfillment mode.

Dream Greeter
Most of our time is spent in this role. We are assigned areas where we walk around talking to guests and cast making sure they are having a good time and attempt to settle or make better any guest or cast issues.

Prize Fulfillment
We perform this role once a twice a week and are scheduled for the whole day. This is the area that most of the discussions are about.
We have no choice in what, when or where we do this. In order to keep this sweepstakes legal, we have an outside agency supplying this information to us. We can't open the envelope containing this information until just before the prize is to be distributed. We then go to the location, await the exact time (with syncronized time pieces) and award the prize as stated.

When we prize fulfill we only know what the Low Tier Bulk prizes are. These are the Dream Fast Passes, Dream Ears, Dream Lanyards and such. The Mid Level and High Level prizes are not even known to us until we take the potential winner back to Guest Relations.

In order to keep things fair and legal, the prize fulfillment portion is even kept secret among ourselves. When we are in this mode, we dont tell each other or even our leadership where we are going, when we are going or what we are giving.

All 4 parks, water parks and even Downtown Disney are included as prize fulfilling areas. I cannot give the actual areas that we deliver the prizes, but I can say that all guest areas are potential places for awarding within the above areas.

I hope this answers any questions. If not, please respond and my wife (Tiggermania) will pass questions on to me. I will do my best to return from time to time to answer those that I can. Just remember that there will be some that I cannot answer due to the confidential nature of awarding prizes.

Tony
(aka - freetime)

KatiebugsMom
10-03-2006, 01:45 AM

NED

Don't you mean ears!!! :earsboy: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

dustysky
10-03-2006, 06:30 AM
I just thought I'd add this state that my DH wrote up heis a part of the Dream Squad to and this is justv something he thought would help everyone to understand there roll in all this. He loves doing it and has enjoyed meeting all the people he has met and giving smiles to all that he meets. So here is a little bit of info for you.

Dream Greeter
Prize Fulfillment

Tan pants and blue button down shirts. We wear a white vest when we are in Prize Fulfillment mode.

Dream Greeter
Most of our time is spent in this role. We are assigned areas where we walk around talking to guests and cast making sure they are having a good time and attempt to settle or make better any guest or cast issues.

Prize Fulfillment
We perform this role once a twice a week and are scheduled for the whole day. This is the area that most of the discussions are about.
We have no choice in what, when or where we do this. In order to keep this sweepstakes legal, we have an outside agency supplying this information to us. We can't open the envelope containing this information until just before the prize is to be distributed. We then go to the location, await the exact time (with syncronized time pieces) and award the prize as stated.

When we prize fulfill we only know what the Low Tier Bulk prizes are. These are the Dream Fast Passes, Dream Ears, Dream Lanyards and such. The Mid Level and High Level prizes are not even known to us until we take the potential winner back to Guest Relations.

In order to keep things fair and legal, the prize fulfillment portion is even kept secret among ourselves. When we are in this mode, we dont tell each other or even our leadership where we are going, when we are going or what we are giving.

All 4 parks, water parks and even Downtown Disney are included as prize fulfilling areas. I cannot give the actual areas that we deliver the prizes, but I can say that all guest areas are potential places for awarding within the above areas.

I hope this answers any questions. If not, please respond and my wife (Tiggermania) will pass questions on to me. I will do my best to return from time to time to answer those that I can. Just remember that there will be some that I cannot answer due to the confidential nature of awarding prizes.

Tony
(aka - freetime)

That was very nice of him to give us some *details*, its nice to know that people will be picked simply because they were in the right place at the right time and not because they are prettier, thinner, fatter, have on the right color ... etc. etc.. I hope that made sence.

Tigger714
10-03-2006, 07:17 AM

NED

So true, so true...but I will admit I'm going twice during this promotion!

tinkerbell87512
10-03-2006, 07:25 AM

Dream Greeter
Prize Fulfillment

Dream Greeter

Prize Fulfillment

Tony
(aka - freetime)

Ohhh tell your husband thank you for sharing some details! Thats gotta be so exciting to walk up to someone and grant them a wish! :wizard:

Pooh_Friend#1
10-03-2006, 08:20 AM

Dream Greeter
Prize Fulfillment

Dream Greeter

Prize Fulfillment

Tony
(aka - freetime)
Thanks for sharing this!!! I love the idea, I just wish I could go back! I was there in September right before this started. What made our day was that we were pulled out of line at Thunder Mountain and was told to go through the fast pass line. It saved us some time and not waiting in line. The line was pretty long because Splash Mountain was broken!!!

saschab
10-03-2006, 08:32 AM

wow....some secret spy stuff...nice, I bet that increases the fun for you! ;)

I'm guessing you might not be able to give details during your stint, but it sure would be fun to hear your experiences as the promotion goes on....

Maybe you can write a long report after! :goodvibes

lillygator
10-03-2006, 09:02 AM
this is so exciting! I really want to be a dream squad member!!! I would love to hear about the people's reactions.

NMAmy
10-03-2006, 09:34 AM

Tiggergrams, I just wanted to say that I think your DH has the best job EVER!! How fun to grant people's wishes. He's a lucky guy spreading that pixie dust around. :teeth:

torismom
10-03-2006, 11:04 AM
I was purchasing an ap outside of epcot yesterday and the cast member gave me a tinkerbell pin which was on a 2 part card and consisted of 2 pins. One was for me and the other was to share.

My mother was approached and was given a different birthday button and the cast member wrote her name on it with a sharpie.

My best friend and her dd were given a backstage tour after riding Mission Space.

While in line to ride Soarin a family was choosen to ride first class.

It was very cool to receive and witness some magic.

BFIrrera
10-03-2006, 01:58 PM
My only question is: I'm hearing/reading a lot of "a family" or "my child and I" winning these prizes. Are single adults or couples without children also winning?

My partner and I are going from Oct 19-25th and I'd love to win something (even if it's just one of the Tink pins, that'd make my week...and I really think the cloud covered mouse ears are adorable!)...and would be disappointed if our not having children (and being a gay couple) disqualified us for these "dreams".

Marthasor
10-03-2006, 02:15 PM
My only question is: I'm hearing/reading a lot of "a family" or "my child and I" winning these prizes. Are single adults or couples without children also winning?

My partner and I are going from Oct 19-25th and I'd love to win something (even if it's just one of the Tink pins, that'd make my week...and I really think the cloud covered mouse ears are adorable!)...and would be disappointed if our not having children (and being a gay couple) disqualified us for these "dreams".

Look at post #228 on this thread - it explains the process on how Dreams are fulfilled! It's a random process so ANYONE can win - just have to be in the right place at the right time! No particular demographic!!! Good luck to everyone!

JandD Mom
10-03-2006, 02:38 PM
I think my dream prize would be to have the ability to tell my boss he has no right to know where I am and where I am going! :banana:

I hope the CMs are enjoying this because it sounds like they will have a ball with it! :thumbsup2

pongoperdigirl
10-03-2006, 06:34 PM
I just wanted to add that in the official rules, that in all the BIG prizes that are awarded, there is also a cash payment provided in addition to the prize in order to help the winner pay for the taxes.

Feralpeg
10-03-2006, 07:36 PM
I just wanted to add that in the official rules, that in all the BIG prizes that are awarded, there is also a cash payment provided in addition to the prize in order to help the winner pay for the taxes.

I admit I'm not a financial whiz, but wouldn't a person owe taxes on the cash payment? I wouldn't think the IRS would let you get by without taxing everything possible.

pongoperdigirl
10-03-2006, 07:44 PM
I admit I'm not a financial whiz, but wouldn't a person owe taxes on the cash payment? I wouldn't think the IRS would let you get by without taxing everything possible.

Well yes, I would imagine they would, but I still think that it is great that they provide something.

maddi
10-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Our trip had it's magical moment also, though I didn't think it was suppose to start until October first. We were there September 18-25th and our DD had the most fantastic magical moment!

For each theme park, I had made a special outfit themed to the park. It so happened that my DD caught the eye of a wonderful cast member named Judy at MGM. She visited with us for quite awhile asking our birthday girl(turned 6 while we were there) about the outfit she was wearing. My daughter told her how we had made it with 96 dalmatians on top and 5 on the shirt with Cruella chasing them and how Cruella was her favorite villian. Being the sweetheart that she was, Judy made sure Cruella noticed our DD during the parade. Cruella give her a big red kiss on her cheek, called for the other villains to come check out our DD...right during the parade. Our little girl was so tickled with actually meeting Cruella and getting the magical red kiss on her cheek. At this point we thought WOW...it couldn't get any better than this.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After the parade at MGM, Cruella came out, took our DD by the hand and after a quick few words to us, off they went together. Cruella proceeded to take our DD to each of the characters who happened to be signing autographs. Not to the back of the line, but right up to each and everyone of them. Hand in hand, off they went to Lilo, Mary Poppins, Alice, Jasmine, etc., all the while stopping to talk to cast members and other guests at MGM that afternoon. For 45 minutes, they were best friends meeting and greeting everyone. Cruella never made it to her "station" to sign autographs that afternoon, but one little girl will tell you Cruella RULES!

As for us, we were completely blown away by this. We didn't realize that CM was allowed to do anything of this sort. To spend her Autographing Time with one little girl, skipping all over MGM, hand in hand, and not signing autographs. All I can say is THANK YOU!

Our DD started that day with 10 pins on her landyard but finished with 27. Many cast members just gave her pins because it was her birthday and her special Kiss from Cruella. HEHEHE...each time a Cast Member commented on her "princess Kiss" she would tell them, "No. it's better than a Princess, it was from my best friend Cruella."

(P.S. Disney recieved a letter on this Wonderful CM, she truly made an impression on us!)

newtowdw1
10-03-2006, 08:37 PM
1) Connor got to be Gaston in Belle's Storytime. He squeaked out,"You will marry me Belle!" just like Mickey Mouse.

2) Maura got to teach us how to be giraffes at FOLK. And they were both in the parade.As she walked by Timon he grabbed her hand and told her how wonderful she was.

3) A brand new Pal Mickey to replace the broken one that I bought for $27 in 2005. The manager just brought out the new one and handed it to Connor, who was crying at the thought that Mickey was dead. :sad:

4) The kind CMs everywhere who went above and beyond to play with my kids in Innoventions and Pirates of the Carribean.

5) The kind CM who traded a Belle pin with Maura, and just happened to drop the pin Connor wanted on the floor "oops!" and walk away when Connor didn't have any pins to trade!

6) Captain Hook and Smee playing with them for at least 7 minutes while getting autographs. Sorry to the others in the queue :blush: but my kids were so thrilled.

7) Maura getting to show Wendy the Wendy pin she had just traded for.

We had such an amazing vacation. I can't imagine any more magic when we go in March, but I'm sure there will be!

eblack0409
10-03-2006, 09:33 PM
I had a magical pin trading moment....a CM allowed me to do a mystery pin trading...it was awesome!

silmarg
10-03-2006, 09:35 PM
In my real life I am a tax accountant. :guilty:

And yes you would have to pay taxes on the total value of the prize (including the cash they pay to defray taxes). But it is nice they pay the cash, otherwise some folks would be in a big bind to pay the taxes on some of the top prizes.

Feralpeg
10-03-2006, 09:38 PM
In my real life I am a tax accountant. :guilty:

And yes you would have to pay taxes on the total value of the prize (including the cash they pay to defray taxes). But it is nice they pay the cash, otherwise some folks would be in a big bind to pay the taxes on some of the top prizes.

Thank you for clearing that up. I always wondered how it worked. :thumbsup2

Kycha
10-03-2006, 10:06 PM
I had a magical pin trading moment....a CM allowed me to do a mystery pin trading...it was awesome!

What is a mystery pin trading?

Mickey1122
10-03-2006, 10:07 PM
What is a mystery pin trading?
I would like to know this as well.