PDA

View Full Version : Fall 07?????

mwhope
09-13-2006, 11:10 AM
I realize this is still quite some time from now, but I was wondering if anyone else is planning on doing the CP for the fall of 2007?

Feigned
09-14-2006, 02:00 PM
I am! I was planning on going down this Fall, but it didn't work out with my school. So now I am going for fall advantage 2007 hopefully, right after I graduate in May. :cloud9:

Any preference on a role for you?

JazzySteph
09-14-2006, 03:23 PM
I wish I could do it Fall 07, but I'm going to have to wait until Spring 08 :(.

mwhope
09-14-2006, 08:51 PM
I am going to apply for operations, and transportation. I will be graduating next spring as well. I am wanting a career with the company so I figured doing the CP right after graduating would allow me to just stay down there after the program is over. What about you?

Feigned
09-14-2006, 09:15 PM
I am going to apply for operations, and transportation. I will be graduating next spring as well. I am wanting a career with the company so I figured doing the CP right after graduating would allow me to just stay down there after the program is over. What about you?

That's what I am planning on doing as well. :D I am hoping for a role in recreation (for the children's programs) or maybe hospitality. When I was accepted for this fall, when I couldn't go, I got operations, which was my third choice.

JazzySteph
09-14-2006, 09:59 PM

Yeah, I am in the same boat as you (wanting a career at Disney) except I'm going really out there and planning on transferring to UCF (Uni. of Central Florida in Orlando) this Spring just so I can be down there. Hehe, I know thats crazy but gotta go for your dreams right? I figure I should do at least 2 semesters there before I go off to CP but I figure actually living down there will open up a lot more opportunities for me.

What type of career would you like at Disney?

mwhope
09-14-2006, 10:05 PM
UCF is a great school, that is where I plan on eventually getting my bachelors. I go to FSU and live in the Florida panhandle right now so it will not be a big move for me. I would like to get an operartions management type role. Although to start off I will pretty much take what I can get and work my way through from there.

Just a suggestion but if you are going to be down there for school, maybe consider picking up a part-time job with them. That way you already get a feel for the company and how things are ran.

JazzySteph
09-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Oh yeah definitely, I'll be looking into that. I'm willing to start anywhere also, as much as I love Disney I know starting out working for them won't be Magic Kingdom lala land :lmao:. Ideally though when I gain experience and get my degree I would love be an Event Coordinator for one of the parks planning seasonal attractions/parades stuff of that sort.

mwhope
09-15-2006, 08:04 AM
Do either one of you have facebook?

JazzySteph
09-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Yeah, I do. I will send a private message through here with my name so you can look it up on facebook.

Joanna71985
09-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Just wanted to wish everyone thinking about doing the CP good luck (even though it isn't for awhile. :teeth: ). It is a great program.

SweaterInJune
09-15-2006, 05:38 PM
I'll be down in the spring, but I'm planning to be there in the fall and beyond. Good luck to all of you...maybe I'll see you around :)

Feigned
09-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I do have a facebook. I will also PM you with my info. :)

Thanks SweaterInJune! You found out already that you were accepted?! When did you interview? I didn't think theys starting recruiting until the beginning of September for spring. Did you do the e-presentation?

wdwgirl03
09-15-2006, 09:44 PM
I am considering it...I'm an elementary education major so my program is 4 1/2 years, so I'd be student teaching next fall. But I'd love to do the WDWCP rather than graduate midyear (I know I could do it after I graduate, but I'd much rather do the CP in the fall for some reason!). So we will see!! The program sounds like so much fun!

Feigned
09-15-2006, 11:13 PM
I am considering it...I'm an elementary education major so my program is 4 1/2 years, so I'd be student teaching next fall. But I'd love to do the WDWCP rather than graduate midyear (I know I could do it after I graduate, but I'd much rather do the CP in the fall for some reason!). So we will see!! The program sounds like so much fun!

I always wanted to do the fall program. I think it would be so much fun to be down at Disney World for the holidays. :D

Will your school let you do the program?

SweaterInJune
09-16-2006, 12:47 AM
I was accepted a few weeks ago. I got a call from my recruiter. I did do the E-Presentation because I had already been accepted for Spring '03, but I couldn't go. Anyhow, I felt I had a good handle on what the CP was so I just did the E-Pres and phone interview. It was great and easy... :)

wdwgirl03
09-16-2006, 12:30 PM
I always wanted to do the fall program. I think it would be so much fun to be down at Disney World for the holidays. :D

Will your school let you do the program?

Exactly, that's why I think the fall would be so much better!

I don't see why they wouldn't let me do it...I've mentioned it to my advisor several times now, and she said it sounds like a lot of fun and I could do it after student teaching. I just don't know if it would be easier doing it after I student teach so I wouldn't have to worry about going back to school.

SweaterInJune--congrats on being accepted, you must be so excited!

SweaterInJune
09-16-2006, 12:55 PM
I am, thanks! I look at this as a first step in the line of one of the 2 careers I've always wanted, so it's a very good thing... :)

Feigned
09-16-2006, 03:49 PM
That's awesome! I did the E-Presentation for when I interviewed for Fall 06, because I had already gone to a live presentation previously. I didn't find out until I got my packet though. Are they making a habit of calling people now? How long did it take you to find out?

wdwgirl03, that's good. I thought I could do the program, but then my school changed its mind and I was told that I esentially had to take a leave from the school and then apply to be readmitted. I decided then that it was just easier to do it after I graduated. Plus, I wasn't going to get any credit.

truebelievers
09-16-2006, 04:46 PM
I definitely have my sights set on Fall Advantage '07. By sheer dumb luck, I was able to work it into my six-year plan! :hyper:

Sehsun
09-16-2006, 05:57 PM
I realize this is still quite some time from now, but I was wondering if anyone else is planning on doing the CP for the fall of 2007?

I've been thinking about doing the CP in the fall of '07 for a while now. I would like to work in Entertainment as a Character Performer. :dogdance:

SweaterInJune
09-16-2006, 07:59 PM
They called those of us who applied and interviewed really early who they had made decisions on already because they are delaying the mailings until they start notifying for live presentations. So, they were just helping to prevent our acquiring ulcers due to a stressful wait which would be at least a month! I lucked out and only had to wait 6 days! So basically by time my paperwork got to them it didn't take but a day or so to make a decision. I saw the (407) area code on my phone at work and I knew it was Disney! Brightened my whole day...

Feigned
09-18-2006, 09:49 PM
They called those of us who applied and interviewed really early who they had made decisions on already because they are delaying the mailings until they start notifying for live presentations. So, they were just helping to prevent our acquiring ulcers due to a stressful wait which would be at least a month! I lucked out and only had to wait 6 days! So basically by time my paperwork got to them it didn't take but a day or so to make a decision. I saw the (407) area code on my phone at work and I knew it was Disney! Brightened my whole day...

That's nice of them! :D You must have been so excited to find out early! Did you choose an arrival date already?

SweaterInJune
09-19-2006, 12:58 AM
Not yet...the first packets were just recieved today, so people started accepting today. Maybe mine will come tomorrow... :)

theblondebee
09-23-2006, 08:14 PM
I really am considering doing the fall 07, just one question though are they already taking applications, or are they just slecting ppl for this spring??? I reallllllllllyyyyyyyy would love to do this.

Joanna71985
09-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Right now they are only doing applications for Spring 2007. Fall 2007 will start in Jan/Feb 2007.

AladdinJay
10-10-2006, 12:35 AM
Hey guys!!

I'm also somebody who is hoping to join the Fall '07! I found out about this internship to this day exactly a year ago! Since then, I've read so much on it and done so much research about it.

I asked my advisor and my college people if I could get credit for it, and I couldn't. So, I sadly have to wait until I graduate to do this. I graduate in May, which means for the fall of 2007, HOPEFULLY, I will get accepted into this!!

Great to see other people who are hopefully going -- hope to meet all of you all down there!!

Feigned
10-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Hey guys!!

I'm also somebody who is hoping to join the Fall '07! I found out about this internship to this day exactly a year ago! Since then, I've read so much on it and done so much research about it.

I asked my advisor and my college people if I could get credit for it, and I couldn't. So, I sadly have to wait until I graduate to do this. I graduate in May, which means for the fall of 2007, HOPEFULLY, I will get accepted into this!!

Great to see other people who are hopefully going -- hope to meet all of you all down there!!

Hi there! I will also be doing the program after I graduate this May. :D Are you thinking of doing the fall advantage or fall program?

And for everyone, I made a livejournal community for fall 2007, if you have an account and want to join. I know it's a little early, but I am just so excited- so here's the link. wdwcpfall07 (http://community.livejournal.com/wdwcpfall07)

Nicole

AladdinJay
10-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Hi there! I will also be doing the program after I graduate this May. :D Are you thinking of doing the fall advantage or fall program?

And for everyone, I made a livejournal community for fall 2007, if you have an account and want to join. I know it's a little early, but I am just so excited- so here's the link. wdwcpfall07 (http://community.livejournal.com/wdwcpfall07)

Nicole
I would LOVE to do fall advantage, but sadly, there is something in mid-June that I HAVE to go to, and I can't get out of it, which sadly means I will have to wait all the way until August! :(

And I know what you mean about it being so early but being too excited about it -- I just want this year to get over with so I can get down there!! :thumbsup2