PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk Gifts in a Jar for Christmas Presents

PrettyInTink
09-02-2006, 12:09 PM
I was thinking about doing gifts in a jar for friends and neighbors that we usually don't buy gifts for, but would like to get SOMETHING for. Does anyone have any good gift in a jar recipe's that they have ACTUALLY EATEN that are good? I have found TONS online but how do i know how good they taste? Anyone ever done this for a gift? :listen:

teresajoy
09-04-2006, 02:32 PM
I haven't given them as gifts, but I sure love to get them! My sister made my one for us one year. It was chocolate chip pancakes. It was wonderful! I know she found the recipe online, but I don't know where.

daisyduck123
09-09-2006, 10:39 AM
A.C. Moore has a bunch of the recipe books...I've got a lot of them (be sure to use a coupon too). I can't recall that we've ever eaten any (we give them all away), but the recipes of the basic cookies (sugar, snickerdoodle, oatmeal, etc.) just use regular ingredients & nothing fancy, so they should taste good.

terri01p
09-15-2006, 03:08 AM
Only thing about gifts in a jar is to me they are so expensive to make, I was going to do the Russian Tea but it was going to cost me a fortune to make, does anyone know of ones that doesn't cost so much to make ? :listen:

PigletFairy
09-15-2006, 10:46 AM
ROLL TIDE!!! back at ya!! could you hook up a bama girl with the website to this concoctions?

PrettyInTink
09-15-2006, 06:21 PM
www.razzledazzlerrecipes.com Try this link! They have some really cool ideas I would like to try. I think I will give them a test run before I give them as gifts to make sure they taste ok. :thumbsup2

PrettyInTink
09-15-2006, 06:24 PM
ROLL TIDE!!! back at ya!! could you hook up a bama girl with the website to this concoctions?
Roll Tide Roll!

MerryPoppins
10-03-2006, 07:06 PM
www.recipegoldmine.com has some recipes for gifts in a jar.

dianemb
10-05-2006, 11:58 AM
The recipemine site is out of this world!!!!!!!!!

Donald - my hero
10-07-2006, 12:11 AM
I haven't given them as gifts, but I sure love to get them! My sister made my one for us one year. It was chocolate chip pancakes. It was wonderful! I know she found the recipe online, but I don't know where.

:grouphug: I just hadda give you big hugs after I read your siggy! Sorry for your losses.

OH and those gifts in a bottle, yuppers we have given them many times since we have more peeps than $$ here is the site i use http://www.allfreecrafts.com/giftinajar/index.shtml it even includes labels that you can print! Enjoy, lots of folks enjoy that fact that you took extra time instead of just buying a gift that will gather dust.