PDA

View Full Version : ***Kids Book Exchange Sent/Recieved***COMPLETED

mommytotwo
08-24-2006, 06:51 PM
Post here when your exchanges have been sent out and let us know of what your child has recieved.
Remember the mail by date is Thursday August 31st.
Have fun :dance3: .

jwsqrdplus2
08-25-2006, 12:17 AM
Got my names. Going shopping tomorrow!

PixieDust32
08-25-2006, 01:42 AM
:thumbsup2

J&D
08-25-2006, 02:24 AM
I'm sorry if my PM offended anyone. I had spoken with Patsy and the exchange board mod before sending it. I guess I should have mentioned that in the PM. Sorry!

My exchange package will go out ASAP! :)

mommytotwo
08-25-2006, 02:27 AM
Both my sons and daughters exchange were mailed today .

I had just started to Halloween Exchange which is open to both adults and kids, so come and join us.

mommytotwo
08-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Just one more pm to be picked up :woohoo: .

AlexWyattMommy
08-25-2006, 03:56 PM
Mailed both of my exchanges today Priority with DC.

TheDisneyBunch
08-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Got my name, just got to do my shopping. I will get out asap. Still having a hard time sitting or walking for long so hopefully that eases up on me in the next day or 2 and i will get it out right away. :) Should be fun. Ethan will be so excited too. :goodvibes

jwsqrdplus2
08-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Shopping done. Now I just have to package and mail. I had so much fun shopping. I thought about buying 2 of everything so my kids would have them too, but I refrained!

mommytotwo
08-25-2006, 08:21 PM
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: All names have been picked up.

Come and join us for the Halloween Exchange. :stir:

sjh801
08-25-2006, 10:24 PM
I love having an excuse to go to Barnes and Noble. ;) Had fun shopping for my exchange tonight. I'll let you all know when I send-hopefully tomorrow!

PixieDust32
08-26-2006, 06:39 PM
:goodvibes

PrincessParty
08-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Katey received her book exchange tonight. It had 4 book in it! "Are you a ladybug?, "Angelina at the Fair", "I.Q. Goes to School", and Play Ball, Grumpy Bunny". There were also some add-ins: A ghost gummy sucker, a Pooh bear pen, Tink tin with candies, stickers, Hello Kitty blower, and some Hello Kitty buttons. Thanks Shayla, DD of Patsy. (Mommytotwo). What a wonderful first exchange.

I am getting our exchanges together and will post when I get them in the mail. Thanks again.

mommytotwo
08-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Katey received her book exchange tonight. It had 4 book in it! "Are you a ladybug?, "Angelina at the Fair", "I.Q. Goes to School", and Play Ball, Grumpy Bunny". There were also some add-ins: A ghost gummy sucker, a Pooh bear pen, Tink tin with candies, stickers, Hello Kitty blower, and some Hello Kitty buttons. Thanks Shayla, DD of Patsy. (Mommytotwo). What a wonderful first exchange.

I am getting our exchanges together and will post when I get them in the mail. Thanks again.

:Pinkbounc You're welcome, that was a fast delivery. :moped:
Hope to see you in more exchanges.

mommytotwo
08-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Reemember Thursday is the send by date.

MickeyMamma
08-27-2006, 07:58 PM
WOW! You guys are fast! I have a few things together but I am going out tomorrow to get a little more.

PixieDust32
08-27-2006, 10:10 PM
We got a couple of books today, but we need more stuff. I am going to the book store tomorrow.

Maureenmouse
08-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Sabrina got her exchange today from Wyatt. As usual, she was excited to receive mail, but boy was she ever happy when she opened the packege and found: A cute poem about the books
Pooh's Rainy Day book with rain maker attached
A Walk in the Woods lift a flap Pooh book
Fuzzy Critters Touch and Feel book A Bug's Life lift a flap book
My Big Bright World cloth flap book
Peek A Boo Pooh sound and lift a flap book
Pooh's Dreamy Songs sound book
The Best Thanksgiving Ever Sticker Book
Merry Christmas Bear sticker BookThe Tigger Movie
The Merry Christmas Mystery
The Nutcracker Sticker Book
Princess Window Clings

WOW!! What a great exchange!!! Sabrina is so excited and big Sister Amanda is already reading the books to her. This will keep them busy all evening. Thanks again Wyatt and mom AlexWyattMommy!

Maureen

AlexWyattMommy
08-28-2006, 08:53 PM
We are glad you liked the books. The Pooh lift a flap-n-sound book was one of Wyatt's when he was little. He took very good care of his books. I got so tired of the butterfly sound, but he never did. He wanted to share one of his "loved" books. This was a fun exchange. We tried to stay with the Disney theme when shopping, but the Nutcracker book was an excellent deal (got a few for stockings).

mommytotwo
08-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Any other arrivals or exchanges sent out today?

J&D
08-29-2006, 01:34 AM
My package has been mailed. :)

jwsqrdplus2
08-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Ashlynn and Maiya's exchanges are on their way. The books should reach their new homes by the end of this week!

mommytotwo
08-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Remember, the send by date is on Thursday.

AlexWyattMommy
08-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Just checked on my second one

Your item was delivered at 10:13 am on August 28, 2006 in OAKDALE, PA 15071.

Hope everything was in good condition.

mommytotwo
08-29-2006, 10:25 PM
We should have two that needs to be reported on as being recieved.

Did anyone else send out their exchange today?

sjh801
08-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Just checked on my second one

Your item was delivered at 10:13 am on August 28, 2006 in OAKDALE, PA 15071.

Hope everything was in good condition.

Yes it was! Today was an In Service day and we were at another building in the morning. When I got back in the afternoon I found a heavy box for my class. :goodvibes It was from Alex, DS of AlexWyattMommy. A cute Tigger note was enclosed. It said:

Some books have been loved,
Some books are new.
All these books have been
Picked just for you!

I will have to wait until tomorrow night to post all of the titles. They are wonderful, but this teacher needs to get to bed soon or she may be one of the "dwarfs" (Sleepy and Grumpy rolled into one :rotfl: ) tomorrow for the first day of school! It's almost midnight here in the East. :surfweb:

Thank you, Alex!

J&D
08-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Have a great first day of school, sjh801! :) What grade do you teach?

sjh801
08-30-2006, 06:51 AM
Have a great first day of school, sjh801! :) What grade do you teach?

First Grade Teacher! :love:

mommytotwo
08-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Hope you are having a good first day at school Sandy.
Any other mailings?

minniedisney1
08-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Both of Aydan's went out today. Should be there by the end of the week!

mommytotwo
08-30-2006, 05:30 PM
We still have a bunch of people needing to report that they had sent out their exchange.
Remember tomorrow is the last day.

Maureenmouse
08-30-2006, 07:19 PM
Mine are ready to mail and will go out tomorrow after school. It really took us longer than I thought to get the books, but I wanted to get a variety. So they'll go out tomorrow.

MickeyMamma
08-30-2006, 09:59 PM
Our 2 packages are ready to go out tomorrow.

I sprained my wrist on Monday and have been very limited in my driving so I wasn't able to get things mailed yet, but the packages ARE ready to go! They are right next to me, in fact.

They will be in the mail tomorrow without fail - we have to run to NJ to go meet my new baby nephew :banana: and DH promised to stop at a Post Office for me. :love:

One package is headed waaaaaaaaay out West and the other one is headed out a little bit to the West.

PixieDust32
08-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Ours are ready to go tomorrow! :banana:

TheDisneyBunch
08-30-2006, 10:42 PM
I tried so hard to get out today and get my shopping done but the baby was fussy and I was not feeling well. Boy the recovery from this delivery has been so much harder than I remember with my first.

Anyways, so sorry to be running behind. I told dh he needs to wake up early tomorrow so we can get out and I can shop and get it in the mail. I hate running late but the only time I have even been out is to take my little guy to the dr and then the hospital to have his bili levels checked. Thank goodness they came back normal. Other than that I have been at home trying to get to feeling more like myself again.

So tomorrow I will force myself out so I can get my shopping all done. :goodvibes

mommytotwo
08-30-2006, 10:56 PM
I tried so hard to get out today and get my shopping done but the baby was fussy and I was not feeling well. Boy the recovery from this delivery has been so much harder than I remember with my first.

Anyways, so sorry to be running behind. I told dh he needs to wake up early tomorrow so we can get out and I can shop and get it in the mail. I hate running late but the only time I have even been out is to take my little guy to the dr and then the hospital to have his bili levels checked. Thank goodness they came back normal. Other than that I have been at home trying to get to feeling more like myself again.

So tomorrow I will force myself out so I can get my shopping all done. :goodvibes

No problem Amanda, I understand how it is with two kids now and having one of them be a newborn and the other a toddler.

paigevz
08-30-2006, 11:21 PM
2 packages going out tomorrow, and Nick received his today!

He got two spooky books that he LOVES, two cool pencils that he LOVES, a necklace (glowy? we can't figure it out), another viking novel, and a dinosaur activity book. Oh, and cookies, but they got smashed. He loves lemon, so he happily ate the crumbs! Thanks Patsy!

mommytotwo
08-30-2006, 11:57 PM
2 packages going out tomorrow, and Nick received his today!

He got two spooky books that he LOVES, two cool pencils that he LOVES, a necklace (glowy? we can't figure it out), another viking novel, and a dinosaur activity book. Oh, and cookies, but they got smashed. He loves lemon, so he happily ate the crumbs! Thanks Patsy!

You're welcome. Sorry the cookies were crushed. For the glow necklace, it should work after putting it in the freezer to keep it cold, and then cracking it so that it lights up. Enjoy your books Nick.

mommytotwo
08-31-2006, 03:32 AM
pirate:

Astrid
08-31-2006, 04:37 AM
Our package went out by air mail yesterday! :cool1:

It'll take a bit longer as it crosses the ocean but hope it's enjoyed when it does arrive! :sunny:

PrincessParty
08-31-2006, 12:21 PM
I mailed 2 packages today. The "local" one with DC, the airmail one, well, I have a receipt. It didn't weigh as much as I thought so I filled out a "short" customs form. (No copy for me.) Enjoy when you receive them.

Maureenmouse
08-31-2006, 05:05 PM
I mailed my two out this afternoon.

Amanda received hers today. She was so excited at all of the wonderful books. She's never read a Magic Tree House book, but now she has 8. Storieds 1to4 ansd their research books. She's already reading one of them. She also received 2 book marks. Thank you to Adyan and his mommy Ninniedisney1.

Amanda is really excited to get new books.

mommytotwo
08-31-2006, 05:10 PM
Glad to hear of those exchanges being sent out and of the one recieved.
For the rest of you, don't forget to post that your exchange has been sent out.

paigevz
08-31-2006, 06:55 PM
Okay, I SWEAR I am not making this up.............I have the stuff ready to send out and was going to go to the post office in the town I teach in to send them, as last time I went to our town's post office, there was a sign up that they were closed because computers were down. But, DS missed the bus again (2nd time this week) and called me to come get him, so I decided to go to our post office.........surely it's fine now, that was a month ago. Pick him up, head down there, nope, down again, closed for "money transactions" which of course mine is. No time to go to the next town's post office, as it's 4:45.

So I'm very sorry, my two will go out tomorrow during my lunch break instead.

If it's any consolation, my packages are LOADED.........the kids really got into this one!

mommytotwo
08-31-2006, 08:03 PM
Okay, I SWEAR I am not making this up.............I have the stuff ready to send out and was going to go to the post office in the town I teach in to send them, as last time I went to our town's post office, there was a sign up that they were closed because computers were down. But, DS missed the bus again (2nd time this week) and called me to come get him, so I decided to go to our post office.........surely it's fine now, that was a month ago. Pick him up, head down there, nope, down again, closed for "money transactions" which of course mine is. No time to go to the next town's post office, as it's 4:45.

So I'm very sorry, my two will go out tomorrow during my lunch break instead.

If it's any consolation, my packages are LOADED.........the kids really got into this one!

Just post after you have sent it out tomorrow.

PixieDust32
08-31-2006, 10:21 PM
I send mine today!

mommytotwo
08-31-2006, 10:28 PM
I send mine today!

Great, anyone else?

TheDisneyBunch
08-31-2006, 10:46 PM
I am on the bad list. :(

I went out shopping today and got several really adorable books that I think my little friend will enjoy very much so but by the time I packaged it up and got ready to head back out the po was closed. So it will go out tomorrow. it is by my ddor all ready to go. I think somebody will be happy when it arrives though as I just am in love with some of the books I found..wanted to keep 2 of them especially..lol ;)

Again, so sorry to be late. I sure did not realize how much more time cosumming things were going to be with 2 little ones..lol :blush:

mommytotwo
08-31-2006, 10:53 PM

I went out shopping today and got several really adorable books that I think my little friend will enjoy very much so but by the time I packaged it up and got ready to head back out the po was closed. So it will go out tomorrow. it is by my ddor all ready to go. I think somebody will be happy when it arrives though as I just am in love with some of the books I found..wanted to keep 2 of them especially..lol ;)

Again, so sorry to be late. I sure did not realize how much more time cosumming things were going to be with 2 little ones..lol :blush:

No problem Amanda, just post after you have sent it out tomorrow.
That is a cute picture of your boys.

PixieDust32
08-31-2006, 11:10 PM

Don't worry Amanda, we understand! I LOVE THE PICTURE OF YOUR KIDS!! :love:

sunny_medford
09-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Caroline's package went out yesturday. I had wanted Cora to write her a small note as they are very close in age, but our p.o. closes early and I had to get it out while I was thinking of it. It went out after 2pm, but priority w/ DC. I sooo wanted to include some of my sons old books as he too loved science books, and Captain Underpants. The books were in excellent condition but he writes his name on the inside cover. I didn't know if that would be ok or not so I only included one of his old books. I hope she's pleased w/the titles I chose.

MickeyMamma
09-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Our packages are sent. I tried my best to make it to the post office yesterday, but the one by BIL's house closed at 4:30 and I missed it by a few minutes thinking it would close at 5 :confused3

In any case, I went to the local post office this morning and sent out our packages both Priority with DC. So one should arrive on Tuesday and the other they told me would get there on Wednesday.

So VERY sorry for the delay. :blush: I am not usually so off like this. This has been a rough week. And on top of that, I have a new business that is opening in 10 days (Eeek!) so my attention is all over the place with that.

Anyways, I hope everybody likes what we sent.

Oh, and when we got back from the post office today, Ellie's package was here! DS was so excited about it for her and is bugging me to come open it NOW! So I will post back in a little bit.

MickeyMamma
09-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Our package came from SC from MinnieDisney1.

We got
Touch and Feel Farm book
A to Z Boynton book
Horns to Toes Boynton Book
Princess Taggies book

Ellie ran off with the farm book singing "Duck duck kak kak duck duck" - she loves Ducks LOL! And then DS came after her trying to show her the Taggies book and how soft it was.

The books are just right for Ellie. Thank you so much Aydan! You picked some great books.

mommytotwo
09-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Still waiting to hear about 5 more arrivals.
Does anyone have anything to report?

TheDisneyBunch
09-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Mine went out today. It should be at its new home soon. :goodvibes

TheDisneyBunch
09-01-2006, 05:24 PM
oh and thanks for the compliment son the pic. I love that pic of them together. It is so sweet to see them together. :love: :goodvibes

PixieDust32
09-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Kids are just adorable :love: that pic is just that.

paigevz
09-01-2006, 06:48 PM
They went out today, as I said they would.

mommytotwo
09-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Great, just 2 more exchanges to be reported on as being mailed.

minniedisney1
09-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Aydan rec'd his today!! He was jumping up & down shouting that he got big boy books!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We just recently started buying "big" boy books with paper pages. :) In his package was

Lightning McQueen Notebook set (included notebook, pencil, eraser, & stickers)
Step into Reading books:
Thomas goes Fishing
Thomas & Percy & the Dragon
Aladdin As you Wish

Thank you so much jwsqrdplusz! The step into reading series is what I have been buying him recently. They fit perfectly into his "library".

Thanks again Jessica & Maiya!!

jwsqrdplus2
09-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Aydan rec'd his today!! He was jumping up & down shouting that he got big boy books!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We just recently started buying "big" boy books with paper pages. :) In his package was

Lightning McQueen Notebook set (included notebook, pencil, eraser, & stickers)
Step into Reading books:
Thomas goes Fishing
Thomas & Percy & the Dragon
Aladdin As you Wish

Thank you so much jwsqrdplusz! The step into reading series is what I have been buying him recently. They fit perfectly into his "library".

Thanks again Jessica & Maiya!!

You're welcome! Aydan's response was great. It really brought a smile to my face. I hope he enjoys his new stories!

sjh801
09-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Mine did get mailed Thursday after school, Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. :thumbsup2 With school starting this week, I can't find time to get on my computer.

:hyper: :crowded: :hyper2:
What a hectic week! Clerical day on Monday-that means setting up my room and getting materials and plans together to begin the year. Tuesday was meetings all day, one of them led by me. The kids came on Wednesday and as they say "the rest is history". By the time I get home and do what needs to be done here, I am ready for "la-la land"! :crazy: I, and most of my fellow elementary teachers, always feel like this at the beginning of the year. Thank goodness for Labor Day weekend! :banana:

mommytotwo
09-02-2006, 01:54 AM
Just one more to be reported on being sent out.
And all of the exchanges should be at their new homes by the ending of next week.

PixieDust32
09-02-2006, 02:08 AM
http://www.midyork.org/ilion/Kids-reading.jpg

sjh801
09-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Yes it was! Today was an In Service day and we were at another building in the morning. When I got back in the afternoon I found a heavy box for my class. :goodvibes It was from Alex, DS of AlexWyattMommy. A cute Tigger note was enclosed. It said:

Some books have been loved,
Some books are new.
All these books have been
Picked just for you!

I will have to wait until tomorrow night to post all of the titles. They are wonderful, but this teacher needs to get to bed soon or she may be one of the "dwarfs" (Sleepy and Grumpy rolled into one :rotfl: ) tomorrow for the first day of school! It's almost midnight here in the East. :surfweb:

Thank you, Alex!

I'm finally back on with a list of what I received. WHat a busy few days in first grade!

The Relatives Came
One Tiny Turtle( this willl become an animal unit this year)
Happy Birthday, Pooh
The Hidden Hero (Disney Hunchback)
Blueberries on Parade (Disney Bug's Life)
Raiders of the Lost Cheese(Bear in the Big Blue House)
Rugrats Stormy Weather
Olive, the Other Reindeer :santa:
The Nutcracker(Rebus Storybook) :santa:
Cookie's Week(good for my Tomie de Paola study and introducing Leontyne Kitty :cat: )
First Grade Bunny(Robin Hill School series)
Thank You, Logan (Hopscotch Hill series)
Set of 5 mini animal books
101 Ghost Jokes
101 Silly Monster Jokes (Never give kids joke books!!! :crazy:unless you want to hear jokes 24/7!!! :rotfl: )
The School Carnival from the Black Lagoon
Noisy Train
The Way I Feel
This is the Teacher ( :rotfl: So true!!! :rotfl: )
and a package of the "sticky things" in the shape of Easter eggs that kids like so much (saving for Easter time)

I hope I have not forgotten any. Thanks again for such a selection. I showed it to the students on Thursaday and told them about special computer friends that I have. :goodvibes This was a good lead in to introducing the Internet projects we will be participating in this year.

AlexWyattMommy
09-02-2006, 11:33 AM
We tried to give a selection for a wide range of reading abilities. We love books in our house. My kids love it when we go to the half price book store and when the Scholastic book clubs start (the book club is were most of yours came from). Everyone in my family gets books for Christmas, Easter and birthdays.
The boys and I are very glad your class likes them.

mommytotwo
09-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Still one more exchange to be reported on being sent :(.

PixieDust32
09-02-2006, 05:13 PM
:wizard:

mommytotwo
09-04-2006, 04:02 AM
:wave:

sunny_medford
09-05-2006, 07:39 AM
Cora recieved her package from Ashlynn & Jessica on Saturday. The timing was perfect!! We had a birthday party for my son on Saturday, and Cora, being the youngest in our family, was feeling a little "slighted" since everyones attention was on her brother instead of her. Then, just like it was planned, her package arrived and from then on she was content thumbing through her new books. You guys did an awesome job!! A few parents commented how much she would enjoy Black Beauty. So she is really looking forward to that one, besides....it came with a horseshoe necklace she has only taken off long enough to shower. The Pony Pals...I want a Pony book looks like a good read too. I have seen this series in my son's book orders before and nearly ordered one for Cora, so I am excited to read this one to her. Also, she found Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew....Pony Problems When I told her this one was a mystery she got very excited....I think this will be the one we read first!! Who doesn't love a mystery, and she has enjoyed Cam Jansen books for over a year now, so she's good at details. Also in the package was a princess kit with a notebook. stickers, and pencil. She was all over that, Cora loves smaller sized notepads or small spiral notebooks. She keeps this one in her school backpack. She has a different one that stays under her pillow. I hope she always does this, so she can always write things down. She's already more organized than I am!!
Thank you so much Ashlynn and Jessica, You guys made Cora's day!! :teeth:

jwsqrdplus2
09-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Cora recieved her package from Ashlynn & Jessica on Saturday. The timing was perfect!! We had a birthday party for my son on Saturday, and Cora, being the youngest in our family, was feeling a little "slighted" since everyones attention was on her brother instead of her. Then, just like it was planned, her package arrived and from then on she was content thumbing through her new books. You guys did an awesome job!! A few parents commented how much she would enjoy Black Beauty. So she is really looking forward to that one, besides....it came with a horseshoe necklace she has only taken off long enough to shower. The Pony Pals...I want a Pony book looks like a good read too. I have seen this series in my son's book orders before and nearly ordered one for Cora, so I am excited to read this one to her. Also, she found Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew....Pony Problems When I told her this one was a mystery she got very excited....I think this will be the one we read first!! Who doesn't love a mystery, and she has enjoyed Cam Jansen books for over a year now, so she's good at details. Also in the package was a princess kit with a notebook. stickers, and pencil. She was all over that, Cora loves smaller sized notepads or small spiral notebooks. She keeps this one in her school backpack. She has a different one that stays under her pillow. I hope she always does this, so she can always write things down. She's already more organized than I am!!
Thank you so much Ashlynn and Jessica, You guys made Cora's day!! :teeth:

Yea! Glad she liked everything. I think I put this in the note, but I had to refrain from buying 2 of everything. Ashlynn wanted some of those books too!

AlexWyattMommy
09-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Wyatt received from Andrew DS MickeyMamma
I Didn't Know That! search & find book (like an I Spy book)
How To Eat Fried Worms
Donald Duck Sticker book
and Incredibles stickers.
Thank you! It'll be fun reading the worms book together and going through the search & find. His little brother has already snagged the sticker book.
Good thing they know how to share. :teeth:

jwsqrdplus2
09-05-2006, 02:36 PM

And one of them found their new home today. Maiya received her package from Paige's son Nick. Maiya is at school right now, but I will report back later what she got.

PrincessParty
09-05-2006, 05:17 PM
Thank you to Sandy!

The books were:

The Trouble with Tink and The Mystery at Disney World in a really cool Mickey Mouse canvas bag with 3 markers for her to color.

Also in the package were:

Silverwing and
Half Magic.

It is another rainy day here in VA and we had an early dinner of soup, so Emmy went up to read. Thanks for a wonderful exchange. Amy (and Emmy)

mommytotwo
09-05-2006, 06:08 PM
We are now waiting to hear of one that needs to be mailed out, and 13 arrivals. All exchanges should make it to their new homes by this weekend.

MariDisney
09-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Caroline was thrilled to come home from her 1st day of second grade to find
an AMAZING box from Cora. There were SEVEN chapter books (woooo hoooo!!!!) including some Amber Brown and other great titles. One of Caroline's homework assignments this school year is to keep a reading log every night. Needless to say that she began reading one of her new books immediately and has already prioritized the order in which she'll be reading the other books Believe me, it was hard for her to decide what will be last because they all looked so wonderful to her. As if the chapter books weren't enough (and believe me, they were) the box also included a Highlight's hidden picture book, which Caroline ADORES, a Pooh card game AND a Tigger note book. Completely AMAZING!!!! So, Caroline sends many thanks to Cora and family for the fantastic exchange!! :) :cool1:

On a related not, I was late mailing our box to Ethan (tried to get to the PO last week, but the road was completely flooded, as I let Patsy know). So, it went out today, and he should have it by Thursday I'd think. Sorry for the delay, Ethan!! :guilty:

Our first exchange has been a great experience...we hope to do it again soon!

Editing because Caroline just came out with the cute "3D" little girl bookmark that was also in the package, which I forgot to mention. Again, this was above and beyond! :cheer2:

MickeyMamma
09-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Wyatt received from Andrew DS MickeyMamma
I Didn't Know That! search & find book (like an I Spy book)
How To Eat Fried Worms
Donald Duck Sticker book
and Incredibles stickers.
Thank you! It'll be fun reading the worms book together and going through the search & find. His little brother has already snagged the sticker book.
Good thing they know how to share. :teeth:

Oh good. I am glad he liked everything. I though the I Didn't Know That book might keep his attention. There was so much going on on each page.

MickeyMamma
09-05-2006, 07:37 PM

Ours arrived yesterday! Thanks so much to your DS, Luke!

We got a
Fun Pad
Things that Go book
What Different People Eat book
101 Dalmations Snow Puppies book
a memory game
ball popper game
and Cars tissues!

Andrew has been having alot of fun with his new books. He really loves trucks and we read the Snow Puppies book at bedtime last night. He really enjoyed the package. Thanks again!

jwsqrdplus2
09-05-2006, 10:01 PM
And one of them found their new home today. Maiya received her package from Paige's son Nick. Maiya is at school right now, but I will report back later what she got.

OK, I am back after school, dance, dinner and bath to report!

Maiya is very excited about her new books and goodies:
Four Little Friends: Gyo Fujikawa, Welcome Mei Su and other tales (which looks really cute!)
Bambi
A Press Out Farm animals book
a jigsaw puzzle (big fave in this house)
a Fun Pad
a box of Kleenex in a Disney Princess box (another big hit in the girlie girl house!)
and a Hawaiin lei which is currently being worn over her pajamas

Thanks so much Nick and Paige. Maiya loves her new treasures and is bugging me to get of the computer so I can read to her.

ETA: Still waiting on Ashlynn's, but it sounds like it is on its way.

PixieDust32
09-05-2006, 10:19 PM
OK, I checked my conf # and our packages had arrived.

mommytotwo
09-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Both Brandon and Shayla have recieved their packages today. Shayla is taking a nap, so I will post later on what she had recieved. But Brandon had gotten his exchange from-Elle-MickeyMamma's DD-
*Pooh's First Colors bathtub book
*Pooh's First Numbers bathtub book
*Farm Animals-we've lost our baby Turn and Learn book
*A cute little Sluggers cap
*2-101 Silly Sing-A-Long tapes. Brandon will love listening to these as well as his sister since they both enjoy music.

Thank you very much Elle for a great exchange. :woohoo:

PixieDust32
09-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Ilse received her exchange today from Maureen AKA Maureenmouse DD Sabrina, they send:

:) Nice Postcard

:) The Sisterhood of the traveling pants :banana: ( she loved the movie and wanted the book, this was perfect)

:) Hidden Pictures mini book

:) First Snow book, we loved the cover, is like a shaker with snow flakes.

:) Christmas Treasure

:) Angel Trumpet A civil war mystery

:) Princess in training

:) Mini note key chain

:) Smilie face key chain

:) Clip on page dragonfly bookmark

:) Stickers

:) Necklace pen

Thank you so much for everything Maureen, these books are just perfect for her, and I hope we got everything, because the envelope was open :confused3 I don't know how but it was open. Thanks

Ilse and Roxy.

PixieDust32
09-05-2006, 10:39 PM
Shawny received her exchange today from Katey, DD of PrincessParty, they send:

:) Cute Cinderella note

:) Hillary Duff pen :thumbsup2

:) High School Musical book :banana:

:) Cheetah Girls Notebook :yay:

:) Cheetah Girls 2 Book, "Cheetah Chatter" :woohoo:

:) Hannah Montana book, " Face off"

:) Popcorn Gum

:) Mini Flashlight Key chain

Thank you so much! I hope I got everything, Shawny opened packages like crazy today and left things here and there, please let me know if I left anything out.

Shawny was so happy about the Cheetah girls stuff, we have tickets for their concert next month and she's just crazy about them, she also looooveeeess the high school musical, and Hannah Montana :crazy: I think we had watched that movie 100 times, she also loved the pen, Hillary Duff is her Idol too.

Thanks.

Shawny and Roxy.

mommytotwo
09-05-2006, 11:00 PM

Thank you so much! I hope I got everything, Shawny opened packages like crazy today and left things here and there, please let me know if I left anything out.

Shawny was so happy about the Cheetah girls stuff, we have tickets for their concert next month and she's just crazy about them, she also looooveeeess the high school musical, and Hannah Montana :crazy: I think we had watched that movie 100 times, she also loved the pen, Hillary Duff is her Idol too.

Thanks.

Shawny and Roxy.

Roxy, how much did you pay for your Cheetah Girls concert tickets? I had read really outrageous prices on what other people had to pay for them.

PixieDust32
09-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Roxy, how much did you pay for your Cheetah Girls concert tickets? I had read really outrageous prices on what other people had to pay for them.

OMG! The things we do for our kids. Well, the tickets came on sale last month, the 25th I think, Target had a pre-sale with a code but I didnt get them then because we wanted to be closer to the stage :crazy: and Shawny had invited 2 friends also, anyway, we went to the store that day right on time to get the tickets, and in less than 15 minutes most of the tickets were GONE!!! :sad2: we needed 6 and we could find them all together, then the girl told me that we could get all the tickets on the same section but on different rows, so I said YES! That would be better than nothing, so we did, we got 1 ticket on A another on B right behind.
It make me so angry that most of the tickets are on E-BAY for about $500.00, :furious: people got a bunch of tickets to re-sale them and make money, and I think is so wrong.

We paid about $47.00 pero ticket.

mommytotwo
09-05-2006, 11:12 PM
It is sad that people would sell them for such outrageous prices, but on the other hand, there are people that will pay anything for them, so those sellers are able to get away with it. :sad2:
Hope you all have fun.
Shayla would love to go to a Cheetah Girls concert, even though she is only 4, she loves to sing their songs and watch their movies.

PixieDust32
09-05-2006, 11:21 PM
It is sad that people would sell them for such outrageous prices, but on the other hand, there are people that will pay anything for them, so those sellers are able to get away with it. :sad2:
Hope you all have fun.
Shayla would love to go to a Cheetah Girls concert, even though she is only 4, she loves to sing their songs and watch their movies.

I know, I was so angry because we cannot pay that amount of money for a pair of tickets! And people take know that some parents would do anything for their kids, the prices were low so everybody can go and see the concert, it was so sad to see girls crying that day at the store becasue they didn't get tickets. Shawny wasn't so happy that she wasn't going be close to the stage or next to her friends but we had no choice.

The good thing is that the cheetah girls and the Hannah Montana are staying in the hotel where David works, so maybe we get lucky and can see them there.

Ohh poor Shayla, I know all girls love them. We can get her a poster or any souvenier from the concert.

mommytotwo
09-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Awww thank you Roxy.
If you are able to get a hold of a poster, then let me know how much I owe you for it and postage. Shayla would be sooo excited. But I am sure that the lines to buy things will be long, so it's fine if you aren't able to get it. I won't mention it to Shayla, so if it does come to her, then it will be a surprise.

Hope your girls gets to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph of all of them. Remember, tell them not to stalk them :rotfl: .

mommytotwo
09-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Shayla woke up and opened her exchange.
She had recieved it from-J&D's daughter-Jenna.
She had gotten-
*Fairy things to make and do-this is such a neat book and Shayla and I will have such fun making different projects.
*The New Baby
*Going to School
And a Disney Princess candy necklace set.

Thank you very much Jenna and Jen. The books are a very good choice for Shayla so that she can understand more about her baby brother and of how it will be when she goes to school.

PixieDust32
09-05-2006, 11:42 PM
Awww thank you Roxy.
If you are able to get a hold of a poster, then let me know how much I owe you for it and postage. Shayla would be sooo excited. But I am sure that the lines to buy things will be long, so it's fine if you aren't able to get it. I won't mention it to Shayla, so if it does come to her, then it will be a surprise.

Hope your girls gets to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph of all of them. Remember, tell them not to stalk them :rotfl: .

LOL! :rotfl: I know. The security guys at the hotel is our Friend and he will let us know if is OK with their security tour people, you never know, Shawny doesn't know, just in case, we don't want her to be dissapointed if we can't see them.

Oh don't worry, I have experience in concert and Disney on Ice souvenir line, we go there before the show, or during the show when no one is shopping :rotfl: BYW Disney on ice is coming Oct 25, we might go too.

http://www.feldinc.com/images/eBuzz/D27/D27_princess_top.jpg

mommytotwo
09-05-2006, 11:57 PM
That sounds like fun.
Do people dress up in character costumes and skate?

PixieDust32
09-05-2006, 11:59 PM
That sounds like fun.
Do people dress up in character costumes and skate?

Yes, they do like a story, like a mini movie, with music and the skate and dance, its so much fun, we go every year. Last year was the Incredibles, before that was Nemo and so on.

sunny_medford
09-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Caroline was thrilled to come home from her 1st day of second grade to find
an AMAZING box from Cora. There were SEVEN chapter books (woooo hoooo!!!!) including some Amber Brown and other great titles. One of Caroline's homework assignments this school year is to keep a reading log every night. Needless to say that she began reading one of her new books immediately and has already prioritized the order in which she'll be reading the other books Believe me, it was hard for her to decide what will be last because they all looked so wonderful to her. As if the chapter books weren't enough (and believe me, they were) the box also included a Highlight's hidden picture book, which Caroline ADORES, a Pooh card game AND a Tigger note book. Completely AMAZING!!!! So, Caroline sends many thanks to Cora and family for the fantastic exchange!! :) :cool1:

On a related not, I was late mailing our box to Ethan (tried to get to the PO last week, but the road was completely flooded, as I let Patsy know). So, it went out today, and he should have it by Thursday I'd think. Sorry for the delay, Ethan!! :guilty:

Our first exchange has been a great experience...we hope to do it again soon!

Editing because Caroline just came out with the cute "3D" little girl bookmark that was also in the package, which I forgot to mention. Again, this was above and beyond! :cheer2:

I loved sending this package out! It's wonderful to see so many kids get this excited about books. My kids both love Amber Brown books, I hope Caroline enjoys them too. Cora really wanted Caroline to get the tink book, Cora has the same book, and really enjoyed it. Right now we are reading the next one in the disney fairy series and after that we will dive into her new Nancy Drew mystery, courtesy of Ashlynn and Jessica. (thanks again! :) )

:wizard: Here's some PD in hopes that someone recieves a package in the mail today!! :wizard:

Maureenmouse
09-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Roxy,

I'm glad that Ilse received her books and liked them. The young adult section is so difficult for me to choose from as my girls are still young. I teach Middle School and asked a few girls what they like to read, so I was hoping they'd be o.k. Mt students are lower functioning and don't read chapter books, so I was a bit clueless. I think everything go to Ilse. Sorry about the open package. I have no idea why. You might like reading the Sisterhood book as well. It's really a good book and in my opinion better than the movie.
Maureen

PixieDust32
09-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Roxy,

I'm glad that Ilse received her books and liked them. The young adult section is so difficult for me to choose from as my girls are still young. I teach Middle School and asked a few girls what they like to read, so I was hoping they'd be o.k. Mt students are lower functioning and don't read chapter books, so I was a bit clueless. I think everything go to Ilse. Sorry about the open package. I have no idea why. You might like reading the Sisterhood book as well. It's really a good book and in my opinion better than the movie.
Maureen

Oh don't worry Maureen about the open pack, I just wanted to let you known in case I didn't mentioned something.

Thank You, I might read it, and you guys did so good picking the books for her.

mommytotwo
09-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Any other arrivals today?

I was thinking about starting a kids activity exchange....I have done this before and the kids seemed to really enjoy it. You can send your partner craft kits, coloring books, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, magic kits, cooking items.... would your kids be interested in this?

AlexWyattMommy
09-06-2006, 03:15 PM
My two boys love coloring, drawing, playdough & bubbles, so that exchange would be great for them. You can count me in.

mommytotwo
09-06-2006, 04:19 PM
My two boys love coloring, drawing, playdough & bubbles, so that exchange would be great for them. You can count me in.

I will make a post and we will see how many participants will join us.
My daughter does not yet go to school, so we have been finding for things that she can do, especially things that will get her ready for school and she loves crafts.

mommytotwo
09-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Come and join us for the newest exchange-

The Kids Activity Exchange. :)

Astrid
09-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Can't see that my send out has been received yet but I suppose it's got further to go than the others :sunny:

Carys is really looking forward to receiving her exchange. :cheer2:

mommytotwo
09-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Can't see that my send out has been received yet but I suppose it's got further to go than the others :sunny:

Yes, nothing yet, but I'm sure it will be there soon, :thumbsup2 and that Carys, will get her exchange anyday now also.

MickeyMamma
09-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Both Brandon and Shayla have recieved their packages today. Shayla is taking a nap, so I will post later on what she had recieved. But Brandon had gotten his exchange from-Elle-MickeyMamma's DD-
*Pooh's First Colors bathtub book
*Pooh's First Numbers bathtub book
*Farm Animals-we've lost our baby Turn and Learn book
*A cute little Sluggers cap
*2-101 Silly Sing-A-Long tapes. Brandon will love listening to these as well as his sister since they both enjoy music.

Thank you very much Elle for a great exchange. :woohoo:

Yeay! I am glad that it arrived. I was trying to keep the package light so it would get there fast. I figured you would have fun with the bathtub books since they were nice and colorful. The tapes are just fun. And the hat, well I always had a hat on my kids when they were tiny and with my DS it was almost always a baseball cap - figured you could use it with all the sun you get there.

paigevz
09-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Lucas got his exchange today!

He got sooo much stuff.

He got popcorn and carebear candies to munch on while looking at his books.
He got a Pooh book, Toy Story 2, Incredibles, ABC and Numbers Board Books. He kept yelling out each one as he pulled it out.
He also got 4 activity/coloring books, markers, and crayons...........he got a Sprintime Coloring Book, Pooh Pre-K Learning Book, Over the Hedge, and his absolute favorite..........Pokemon. Wherever did you find it? He's nuts about this stuff and it's not too popular anymore so hard to find.
And, he got a whole package ALL TO HIMSELF of Mickey Mouse stickers.

He sat down right in the middle of my big bed, surrounded himself with all his books and looked through each and every last one, coloring books included.

You did a REALLY great job, pixiedust32 and Ilse...........thanks!

PrincessParty
09-06-2006, 06:59 PM

Thanks.

Shawny and Roxy.

You are welcome! I know you didn't know this, but I am the one that e-mailed you the Target code. We have decided to fly to Atlanta for the concert instead of driving the 10 hours. This concert is getting more expensive by the minute! Enjoy the reads! Amy and Katey

mommytotwo
09-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Just 6 more exchanges to be reported on.

paigevz
09-06-2006, 07:04 PM
OK, I am back after school, dance, dinner and bath to report!

Maiya is very excited about her new books and goodies:
Four Little Friends: Gyo Fujikawa, Welcome Mei Su and other tales (which looks really cute!)
Bambi
A Press Out Farm animals book
a jigsaw puzzle (big fave in this house)
a Fun Pad
a box of Kleenex in a Disney Princess box (another big hit in the girlie girl house!)
and a Hawaiin lei which is currently being worn over her pajamas

Thanks so much Nick and Paige. Maiya loves her new treasures and is bugging me to get of the computer so I can read to her.

ETA: Still waiting on Ashlynn's, but it sounds like it is on its way.

Glad she liked it! That Mei Su is a cute collection of stories. Lucas almost wouldn't let the farm animals go!

paigevz
09-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Ours arrived yesterday! Thanks so much to your DS, Luke!

We got a
Fun Pad
Things that Go book
What Different People Eat book
101 Dalmations Snow Puppies book
a memory game
ball popper game
and Cars tissues!

Andrew has been having alot of fun with his new books. He really loves trucks and we read the Snow Puppies book at bedtime last night. He really enjoyed the package. Thanks again!

Glad he liked it! We just threw that ball popper in last minute.........those things are addicting!

PrincessParty
09-06-2006, 09:48 PM

It is on it's way. It was a short customs form, so hopefully it will arrive quickly.

J&D
09-06-2006, 10:30 PM
My DD received her package today from TheDisneyBunch.

She received:
"Busy Butterfly" Board Book
"Tinsel Tots"- Tom Arma baby photographs
"Baby Blooms"- Valerie Tabor Smith baby photographs
"Quacker's Crackers" Sound Book
"A Royal Party" Sound Book

She was so excited to receive the new books. She went around all night saying "Quack, Quack" and "Let's Plan the Party". I love the baby photograph books.

Thanks for a wonderful package, Amanda!

Patsy- I hope you and Shayla enjoy the activities from "Fairy Things to Make and Do". I have "Christmas Fairy Things to Make and Do", and I think my DD is old enough this year for us to do some of the activities this holiday season.

TheDisneyBunch
09-06-2006, 11:07 PM

She received:

She was so excited to receive the new books. She went around all night saying "Quack, Quack" and "Let's Plan the Party". I love the baby photograph books.

Patsy- I hope you and Shayla enjoy the activities from "Fairy Things to Make and Do". I have "Christmas Fairy Things to Make and Do", and I think my DD is old enough this year for us to do some of the activities this holiday season.

So glad it arrived safely and she enjoyed them. I tried to pick a good variety out for her. Ethan wanted to keep the duck book so I may have to go out and get him one too..lol I thought it was too cute. I loved the Tom Arma and Valerie Tabor Smith books so much. They had the cutest pics on them. They are some I may just go out and get to have for myself too..lol I should have just picked up 2 of almost everything while I was shopping..lol :rotfl:

mommytotwo
09-07-2006, 12:29 AM

She received:

5 more to go.
Shayla will need my help in putting together the activities, but I think that we will be able to make a few of them together :rotfl: . It does look like fun.

Come and join us for the Kids Activity Exchange.
And remember, the Christmas Stocking Exchange and the Christmas Present Exchange is coming up on Nov.1st.

PixieDust32
09-07-2006, 12:34 AM
You are welcome! I know you didn't know this, but I am the one that e-mailed you the Target code. We have decided to fly to Atlanta for the concert instead of driving the 10 hours. This concert is getting more expensive by the minute! Enjoy the reads! Amy and Katey

OMG!! Well Thanks, and we hope to see you there! I know, the lines were crazy the day the tickets went on sale, but the things we do for our kids. Shawny is so excited and cannot wait for that day.

Thanks!

PixieDust32
09-07-2006, 12:38 AM
Lucas got his exchange today!

He got sooo much stuff.

He got popcorn and carebear candies to munch on while looking at his books.
He got a Pooh book, Toy Story 2, Incredibles, ABC and Numbers Board Books. He kept yelling out each one as he pulled it out.
He also got 4 activity/coloring books, markers, and crayons...........he got a Sprintime Coloring Book, Pooh Pre-K Learning Book, Over the Hedge, and his absolute favorite..........Pokemon. Wherever did you find it? He's nuts about this stuff and it's not too popular anymore so hard to find.
And, he got a whole package ALL TO HIMSELF of Mickey Mouse stickers.

He sat down right in the middle of my big bed, surrounded himself with all his books and looked through each and every last one, coloring books included.

You did a REALLY great job, pixiedust32 and Ilse...........thanks!

Oh right! We're so glad he liked the books, DH, the girls and I went to different stores looking for books, we were OHH AHHH YES! He likes this one, and this one too, and how about this one! LOL! :rotfl:

The Mickey stickers are so cute also. Enjoy it Lucas! :thumbsup2

mommytotwo
09-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Any arrivals today?

AlexWyattMommy
09-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Alex received his exchange from Astrid and Carys--in England.

We got a great Dick Kings-Smith book "Dinosaur Troubles". It'll be fun to read before bed.

A Thomas & Friends book "Jack"

And a really cute Frog Pencil Case for his birthday.

Thank you so much. He is really excited to read dinosaur book.

PixieDust32
09-07-2006, 06:41 PM
we still wating to hear from one more buddy, the package was received already.

mommytotwo
09-07-2006, 06:46 PM
We are now down to 4 more exchanges to be reported on.
I would have thought that 3 out of the 4 that was sent within the states would be at their new homes by now :confused3 . Please don't forget to post about your child's exchange arrival.

Maureenmouse
09-07-2006, 09:06 PM
I checked DC on the other exchange that we sent. it's enroute to Arizona. It reached the Denver, Co PO on Sept. 5th. Hopefully it reached it's home today or will tomorrow. Sorry it's taking so long.

mommytotwo
09-07-2006, 09:57 PM
I checked DC on the other exchange that we sent. it's enroute to Arizona. It reached the Denver, Co PO on Sept. 5th. Hopefully it reached it's home today or will tomorrow. Sorry it's taking so long.

As long as you had mailed it out by the mail by date and such, it is not your fault. Some packages take the scenic route, and I'm sure it will get there soon. Did you sent it out via Priority Mail?

MariDisney
09-07-2006, 10:15 PM
The package from Caroline to Ethan is listed on the USPS website as delivered this afternoon, so hopefully he's enjoying his goodies and mom has just not gotten around to posting yet. :-)

Maureenmouse
09-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Patsy,
I'm actually not sure if I sent it Priority mail or not. I have my DC receipt, but it's not checked as to the shipping type. ( Believe me, in the past two weeks, we started back to work/school, dance and sent out about 15 pakages for ebay, exchanges and Grandparent's day, so I can't remember what type of shipping I did on what packages. In fact, I was so mixed up this time that I had the 2 names mixed up on my DC receipts for this exchange.) Just shows you that I wouldn't be a good one to host an exchange if I can't even keep track of the ones I send. Oh well... Hopefully it will reach her tomorrow as I know how little girls can get when they're waiting for something.

TheDisneyBunch
09-08-2006, 12:48 AM
The package from Caroline to Ethan is listed on the USPS website as delivered this afternoon, so hopefully he's enjoying his goodies and mom has just not gotten around to posting yet. :-)

No mail was left on our porch today so dh walked out to check it tonight and he came in with a package for Ethan. :) He was so excited to get to open it up. You should have seen the grin on his face when he saw the cars book. :rotfl: He got so excited. His eyes just lit right up. So cute.

So here is what Ethan got in his package..

Cars paint book (we are making him wait to paint in it at Disney so he has been walking around saying paint in 3 weeks?? :goodvibes )

Cars big storybook (his fave of coarse as he loves cars)

Alphabet Under Construction book (very colorful he loves that)

Cheerios Count to 100 book (he has already been trying his counting skills out..hehe)

Thanks so much to Caroline for the wonderful package! :love:

mommytotwo
09-08-2006, 03:11 AM
Patsy,
I'm actually not sure if I sent it Priority mail or not. I have my DC receipt, but it's not checked as to the shipping type. ( Believe me, in the past two weeks, we started back to work/school, dance and sent out about 15 pakages for ebay, exchanges and Grandparent's day, so I can't remember what type of shipping I did on what packages. In fact, I was so mixed up this time that I had the 2 names mixed up on my DC receipts for this exchange.) Just shows you that I wouldn't be a good one to host an exchange if I can't even keep track of the ones I send. Oh well... Hopefully it will reach her tomorrow as I know how little girls can get when they're waiting for something.

3 more to go.
We will just wait and see, it should arrive soon.

sjh801
09-08-2006, 06:05 AM
Thank you to Sandy!

The books were:

The Trouble with Tink and The Mystery at Disney World in a really cool Mickey Mouse canvas bag with 3 markers for her to color.

Also in the package were:

Silverwing and
Half Magic.

It is another rainy day here in VA and we had an early dinner of soup, so Emmy went up to read. Thanks for a wonderful exchange. Amy (and Emmy)

So glad that you liked it. Tell Emmy to enjoy her reading! :sunny:

Astrid
09-08-2006, 06:31 AM
Alex received his exchange from Astrid and Carys--in England.

We got a great Dick Kings-Smith book "Dinosaur Troubles". It'll be fun to read before bed.

A Thomas & Friends book "Jack"

And a really cute Frog Pencil Case for his birthday.

Thank you so much. He is really excited to read dinosaur book.

So pleased to hear this arrived safely and Alex likes his books, I hope he had a lovely birthday. My two loved all the Dick King-Smith books and I was very tempted to keep the pencil case for myself!! :love:

MariDisney
09-08-2006, 07:34 AM
No mail was left on our porch today so dh walked out to check it tonight and he came in with a package for Ethan. :) He was so excited to get to open it up. You should have seen the grin on his face when he saw the cars book. :rotfl: He got so excited. His eyes just lit right up. So cute.

So here is what Ethan got in his package..

Cars paint book (we are making him wait to paint in it at Disney so he has been walking around saying paint in 3 weeks?? :goodvibes )

Cars big storybook (his fave of coarse as he loves cars)

Alphabet Under Construction book (very colorful he loves that)

Cheerios Count to 100 book (he has already been trying his counting skills out..hehe)

Thanks so much to Caroline for the wonderful package! :love:

I'm so glad he liked it!! We are in Disney in 2 weeks and 1 day, so maybe we'll cross paths at some point. :banana:

PixieDust32
09-08-2006, 08:01 AM
Label/Receipt Number: 0103 8555 7497 5621 0651

We attempted to deliver your item at 2:59 pm on September 05, 2006 in ROCK HILL, SC 29730 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

:confused3 :confused3

PixieDust32
09-08-2006, 08:02 AM
I hope they'll go and pick it up.

mommytotwo
09-08-2006, 04:24 PM
:surfweb:

mommytotwo
09-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Did anyone recieve anything this weekend?

Maureenmouse
09-09-2006, 03:13 PM
I'm getting a bit worried about the package I sent to Arizona. It's been 10 days and still not there. All we know is it was in Denver on the 5th. It has said that on the DC web site for days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it made it today. If not, I'll go shopping again and send Ashlynn a new package. Please tell her I'm sorry for the delay.
Maureen

mommytotwo
09-09-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm getting a bit worried about the package I sent to Arizona. It's been 10 days and still not there. All we know is it was in Denver on the 5th. It has said that on the DC web site for days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it made it today. If not, I'll go shopping again and send Ashlynn a new package. Please tell her I'm sorry for the delay.
Maureen

:(
There are three more to be recieved-one international and two within the U.S.
If your child has yet to recieve their exchange, please check in here with us.

PixieDust32
09-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Label/Receipt Number: 0103 8555 7497 5621 0651

Your item was delivered at 12:01 pm on September 08, 2006 in ROCK HILL, SC 29730.

Great News.

PrincessParty
09-09-2006, 08:01 PM
:listen: Astrid, here's waiting to hear that you've received your DD's package.

PixieDust32
09-09-2006, 08:30 PM
:guilty:

jwsqrdplus2
09-09-2006, 11:03 PM
My oldest, Ashlynn is the missing AZ one. Nothing today.

I do know that weather (it's monsoon season) here has caused problems with mail. Magazines I normally receive on Mondays are not showing up until Thurs, etc. My mom recently sent me a package that showed up a week after they said it would!

I had the same problem with a package I sent out in a recent exchange. I still don't know if that one made it or not!

PixieDust32
09-09-2006, 11:11 PM
:3dglasses

Maureenmouse
09-09-2006, 11:41 PM
My oldest, Ashlynn is the missing AZ one. Nothing today.

I do know that weather (it's monsoon season) here has caused problems with mail. Magazines I normally receive on Mondays are not showing up until Thurs, etc. My mom recently sent me a package that showed up a week after they said it would!

I had the same problem with a package I sent out in a recent exchange. I still don't know if that one made it or not!

I'm sorry about the weather and slow postal service, but that makes me feel a little better. I'll still resend her a package next week if it doesn't get to you. I have the DC, so hopefully on Monday it will arrive. I know Ashlynn will be happy when she gets the package as my 7 yo Amanda picked the books and they're a variety that I think she'll like.

PixieDust32
09-09-2006, 11:47 PM

mommytotwo
09-10-2006, 01:05 AM
We will wait till next week Wednesday to see if the two last U.S. packages makes it to their new house before we do the resending.
Hopefully the post office has them and will be delivering them on Monday. And that the one to Canada arrives soon.

PrincessParty
09-10-2006, 06:14 AM
Mine was going to England. I did mail it out via airmail here the day before Ernesto hit us so hopefully it will arrive soon. (Everything closed here on Friday 9/1 due to flooding.) Here's hoping for Monday.

minniedisney1
09-11-2006, 08:20 AM
Aydan rec'd his!!! It had been at the PO for 3-4 days!! No notice was left, but with my mail carrier whats new. :furious:

It was great!! Filled with lots of books & goodies!! He rec'd

bag of mini popcorn
touch & feel little puppy book
My first muppet dictionary
Take a ride with mickey book
The acorn & the oak tree book
Pooh early learning skills Pre-K activity book
Spring time coloring book
Over the hedge coloring book
Dora ready to read
Beginners Bible The story of Jonah & the Whale
Markers
Crayons
2 cars pencils
Thomas stickers
Disney learning game cards Pooh's colors & shapes

Thanks again! He loves everything!!

sunny_medford
09-11-2006, 08:42 AM
A little cheer for one more package recieved!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Come on everybody, don't let me make a fool out of myself, help me cheer!!
There's only a couple packages left out there....let's celebrate!!

PixieDust32
09-11-2006, 09:26 AM
Aydan rec'd his!!! It had been at the PO for 3-4 days!! No notice was left, but with my mail carrier whats new. :furious:

It was great!! Filled with lots of books & goodies!! He rec'd

bag of mini popcorn
touch & feel little puppy book
My first muppet dictionary
Take a ride with mickey book
The acorn & the oak tree book
Pooh early learning skills Pre-K activity book
Spring time coloring book
Over the hedge coloring book
Dora ready to read
Beginners Bible The story of Jonah & the Whale
Markers
Crayons
2 cars pencils
Thomas stickers
Disney learning game cards Pooh's colors & shapes

Thanks again! He loves everything!!

Well for the description of the items I guess this one was from my DD SHAWNY!

Maureenmouse
09-11-2006, 04:11 PM
HOORAY!!!!!
The package I sent to Ashlynn arrived this morning in Arizona. Maybe we'll hear from her mom later today. I was just about to go out shopping for more books too. Well at least it made it to her even though it took 12 days. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

jwsqrdplus2
09-11-2006, 07:33 PM
HOORAY!!!!!
The package I sent to Ashlynn arrived this morning in Arizona. Maybe we'll hear from her mom later today. I was just about to go out shopping for more books too. Well at least it made it to her even though it took 12 days. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

And here I am to report! Ashlynn had a nice surprise from Amanda waiting for her in our mailbox when we got home from school/work today.

She got the following books:
The Kid in the Red Jacket
Mice to the Rescue
Fira and the Full Moon
The Thoroughbred Series, "Ashleigh: A Horse for Christmas", Outrageous Outerspace 3D (already been perused and enjoyed!)
Barbie, The Magical Paintbrush paint book.

She also got an Anne Geddes bookmark, a mini Hearts game, a mini lime green notepad which is currently being used to leave me notes, a mini dot to dot, and a mini maze book.

Ashlynn is very excited about her new books and plans to read The Kid in the Red Jacket first!

Thanks Amanda and Maureen.

mommytotwo
09-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Just one more to go :banana: .

Maureenmouse
09-11-2006, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=jwsqrdplus2]And here I am to report! Ashlynn had a nice surprise from Amanda waiting for her in our mailbox when we got home from school/work today.

She got the following books:
The Kid in the Red Jacket
Mice to the Rescue
Fira and the Full Moon
The Thoroughbred Series, "Ashleigh: A Horse for Christmas", Outrageous Outerspace 3D (already been perused and enjoyed!)
Barbie, The Magical Paintbrush paint book.

She also got an Anne Geddes bookmark, a mini Hearts game, a mini lime green notepad which is currently being used to leave me notes, a mini dot to dot, and a mini maze book.
Ashlynn is very excited about her new books and plans to read The Kid in the Red Jacket first!

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
I'm glad that Ashlynn liked the books. I wasn't sure about The Kid in the Red Jacket, but Amanda picked that one and said that she was sure Ashlynn would like it. We liked the space book too, but there was only one available, so my girls will have to wait until next time. I'm so sorry that it took so long to get to her, but hopefully she'll be bisy for days reading and painting.
Maureen

mommytotwo
09-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Did Carys recieve her exchange yet? :listen:

PrincessParty
09-12-2006, 09:05 PM
:surfweb:

I'm hoping!

mommytotwo
09-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Anything today?

PrincessParty
09-14-2006, 07:12 AM
How about today? :wave2:

mommytotwo
09-15-2006, 03:09 AM
:wizard:

PrincessParty
09-15-2006, 01:22 PM
:guilty: Hoping it has arrived by now.

PixieDust32
09-15-2006, 03:53 PM

mommytotwo
09-16-2006, 03:25 PM
I wonder what is taking that exchange so long? :confused3

PixieDust32
09-16-2006, 06:32 PM
:confused3

PrincessParty
09-16-2006, 11:10 PM
I do have the customs #, but don't know if the post office can look it up by that. The only thing I can think is that it got hung up in customs. :sad2:

mommytotwo
09-17-2006, 01:34 AM
We will wait till Wed. to see if it is reported.
The last time the recipents mom posted was on the 11th, so not sure what is going on.

PixieDust32
09-17-2006, 03:38 AM

Astrid
09-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Hi Guys :wave:

Sorry for the delay in posting on here, I've been away for a couple of days.

Carys hasn't received her book exchange yet :confused3

I'm hoping like that it will be in the post tomorrow (Monday) maybe.

She also hasn't received a magnet exchange that was sent out a while back so wonder if there's a glitch in the postal system between the US and us!

Here's hoping they'll both be here soon. :cheer2:

PixieDust32
09-18-2006, 08:13 AM
http://greetings.aolcdn.com/product/full/ap/3056149/graphic1.gif

PrincessParty
09-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Anything today? I went shopping and will send another package out tomorrow if you still haven't received the first one. Amy

PixieDust32
09-18-2006, 02:33 PM
:confused3

mommytotwo
09-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Anything yet?
What did the post office say regarding the package that was sent?

PrincessParty
09-19-2006, 06:58 AM
The post office said that with air mail it should have arrived there in 7-10 days. That it must be hung up in customs. Amy

Astrid
09-19-2006, 11:09 AM
:Pinkbounc :cheer2: :bounce:

Yay!!! Carys has finally received her parcel!! I picked it up from the Post Office this afternoon and she is so thrilled with what was inside, she was so excited she couldn't wait to get home for a pair of scissors and so was struggling trying to get all the tape of the box by hand! :teeth:

A huge huge THANK YOU!to Princess Party and her DD Emmy! :grouphug:

Carys has already put up the clock in her bedroom and is so looking forward to reading the two books, especially the one that is set in Norfolk, Virginia - how lovely! She also loves the doll and the frisbee! party:

We're so thrilled it's finally got here safely and once again a big thank you and also to Patsy for arranging the exchange. :banana:

Much love from Astrid and a very happy Carys x :yay:

PrincessParty
09-19-2006, 01:02 PM
I am so glad she finally received it! :Pinkbounc Emmy is home sick today so hopefully that will cheer her up. :cheer2: Enjoy. Amy (and Emmy)

mommytotwo
09-19-2006, 01:25 PM
:grouphug: Hope your daughter feels better soon Amy. I glad that the last package was recieved and that no elves were needed.
:cool1: Great job everyone and hope all the kids enjoy their books.
This exchange is now COMPLETED.