PDA

View Full Version : cruise - 4 day or 7? - HELP

Karen Mouse
08-24-2006, 05:19 AM
Hi Everyone

I need your advice from a cruise virgin!

Do disney do 5 day cruises or is it just 3,4 and 7?

I feel 3 is too short and due to flights from UK, and school holidays etc we dont think we can get the flights to co-incide with the 7 day cruise.

If you have done the 4 day cruise did you feel it was too short and do you regret not booking the 7 day one? It will be a once in a lifetime for us - so we dont want to get anything wrong or have any regrets. there is no way we could afford this normally but we're getting 1500 travel vouchers off hubbys company for his 20 year service towards the holiday.

There is a way we can do the 7 day one but its a lot more expensive and it means taking my son out of school for even longer.

Help! - Advice please.

Would youy do the 4 day or 7 day? :confused3

thanks

Karen

Otimon
08-24-2006, 05:43 AM
Disney's regular schedule includes 3, 4, and 7 night cruises. Some longer cruises are scheduled, too, but the regular schedule is as above.

As this may be your only cruise, go for the 7 night by all means. You won't regret it. All cruises go by very quickly no matter how short or long they may be so enjoy the longest cruise you can afford.

Whichever you choose, have a wonderful time. :boat:

Karen Mouse
08-24-2006, 06:02 AM
Thanks Otimon

I do really want the 7 day one. Its just a hastle trying to organise it all. I normally just book a package. Its all new to me booking everything seperately. :surfweb:- I'll be on line all day getting quotes and I'll end up looking like this :crazy:

ChrisLei
08-24-2006, 02:15 PM
OUr family decided we would do the 4 day cruise. Only because we are traveling with a 4 and 8 year old. We know that the kids would LOVE all the activities and stuff on the ship, we just don't know how they will be physically (sea legs, seasick, etc), being that this is thier first cruise. We would like to plan a 7 day cruise when they get a little older. But for now 4 day one suits us just right.

Have fun planning!

ricka47
08-24-2006, 03:27 PM
It's a good idea to compare what it costs on a per day basis. Especially, if you have to fly, going for longer cruises often cost less per day than the shorter ones when you figure total costs.

skibum
08-24-2006, 03:46 PM
We have done 3, 4, and 7 day. go with the longest you can swing. Time and money are always the deciding factor. You won't regret whatever you do!

mattmommy
08-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Do the longest you can swing. Do the excursions that you REALLY want to do and don't overbook yourself. Give yourself lots of "down time" to just relax and enjoy the ship.

mott
08-24-2006, 05:05 PM
I agree, since this is once in a lifetime do the longest you can swing. But, just to let you know while a 7 night might be ideal, the 4 night is still lots of fun! We have done 2 four night curises and loved them both. But, I do have a 7 night scheduled for Jan. since we loved the other ones so much.

repeatcruiser
08-24-2006, 06:17 PM
We've done 1 of each (3,4, & 7 nighters) and loved them all. On both the 3 and 4 nighters, we left the ship way too early (it seemed), but the 7 nighter seemed just right. Go with the longest one that makes sense for you. Good advice above about not over booking yourself - go on excursions that sound really interesting, but give yourself lots of free time to explore the ship, relax, do activities on board, see movies, etc. Most of the fun of the cruise is being on the ship (in my opinion), so don't short change yourself on time to enjoy it!

A fat english gent
09-07-2006, 05:48 AM
karen do the 7 days,you know how us english are for letting are hair down, you'll be on the coach back to the airport before you've started to relax.Am a proud yorkshireman who don't part with his cash without a whole lot of soul searching and ive just parted with a boat load to go back to back on the magic from 10/20/07 to the 11/03/07 in cat 3 room 8034 without blinking an eye lid worth every single penny imho,this will be cruise 3 and 4 onboard the magic.If we can help with ANY questions about the magic please feel free to ask..send a private message if you wish.

regards

chris and gang

Lindy Loo
09-07-2006, 07:03 AM
Hi Chris :wave2:

We are too, as you know cruising 7 nights in Oct, with you! :thumbsup2 though we have to get off after 7 nights!
Karen we are doing a 4 nighter this Oct, to test it out. Sure we will love it, but we couldnt fit in a 7 nighter this year. I can give you some info after Oct, but I think I would say go for a 7 nighter, if you can swing it.

Im sure it will be worth the planning. FYI we booked with Virgin Holidays, and stayed 9 nights on site, then they let us "do our own thing" ( Cruise) we booked cruise with Dreams Unlimited, and compaired to Virgin the cruise was much cheaper. We arent sure what to do ref car hire for next year yet. Will def have car for the 9 nights, then i think we hope to leave at port and pick up another one for 2 days when we get off. All this planning does make you go crazy!! :joker:

A fat english gent
09-07-2006, 08:00 AM
Hello loo,why does knowbody appear to book direct with DCL?,is this not the cheapest way to go?....

ps...i now book the lot myself,ive already saved $7000 on the cruise alone as to what virgin wanted to change me,At least when dick turpin robbed you he did the decent thing and wore a mask....;-)

chris

Karen Mouse
09-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Thank you for all your comments - I think we will go for the 7 night one. :banana:

I have Cinders Mum (Val) off the Dibb lookin at the options for me now - shes helped lots of Dibbers organise their holidays :thumbsup2

We'll be booking a cat 11 room. Who needs a window :confused3