PDA

View Full Version : Is the Castaway Cay member checkin line a big time savings?

ReallyFunMom
08-23-2006, 10:00 AM
We are repeat cruisers so I'll look for that line if I have the name right. We'll probably arrive between 12-12:30. With all the repeat cruisers on Disney, just wondered if that line ever gets so long, its better to get in regular line.....???

Anyone with similar arrival time able to comment on the time waited in the CC member line? Thanks.

ivanova
08-23-2006, 10:02 AM
it depends ;)

I've seen the "newbie line" be 1/2 the lenght of the CC line at times ... but last month when DD and I did a 3 night cruise the "newbie line" wrapped around and was almost heading downstairs ... and there was NOBODY in the CC line.

lbgraves
08-23-2006, 10:09 AM
When we arrive 10-10:30 there is never anyone in the CC line. :)

mmouse37
08-23-2006, 01:04 PM
For example...on the current cruise of the Magic someone posted that there were 1300 repeat cruisers onboard....that would probably translate into a long CC line in the terminal.

We have seen it both ways....there really is advantage to getting into the CC line....both lines do the same thing. But, if there is no line at the CC desk I will check in there...otherwise I just look for the shorter of the two lines.

stampinshauna
08-23-2006, 01:06 PM
I think it depends on when you check in.

professorandmom
08-23-2006, 07:37 PM
I think it depends on how many CC members are going on that cruise. On the 7/22 double dip there were 975 CC members so the CC line was longer than the regular line. Also, there was a new CM who was earning their ears in the CC line so I am sure that slowed things down a bit.
Just pick when you get there and if one is moving more quickly, just switch
Barb

Stepharoonie!
08-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Well, here's a question.

On one reservation, we have two seperate rooms and two seperate names. Our room is CC members, my inlaws are not. Can we all check in together in the CC line, or will they have to go to the newbie line?

mmouse37
08-23-2006, 08:09 PM
Well, here's a question.

On one reservation, we have two seperate rooms and two seperate names. Our room is CC members, my inlaws are not. Can we all check in together in the CC line, or will they have to go to the newbie line?

They can check in with you....no big deal...but, just look to see which line is shorter and get on that one (regular line vs. CC line)

Stepharoonie!
08-23-2006, 08:13 PM
They can check in with you....no big deal...but, just look to see which line is shorter and get on that one (regular line vs. CC line)
Rock on! :) Thanks!

christianweecare
08-24-2006, 06:22 AM
Well, here's a question.

I'm glad you asked this question because we had the same one. DH & I are CC members and we are traveling with my sister & brother-in-law next Sept. They have never cruised DCL before. Good to know that we can all check in together.

Note to mmouse37--I have always admired the lovely pictures of your family! Thanks for the info!

ibouncetoo
08-24-2006, 08:57 AM
How many CM's work the CC line? I remember lots of 'teller windows' open in the regular line my first cruise and the line went very fast. Are there a similar number for the CC line? (Just wondering if the line is shorter it may take just as long if there aren't as many CM's working the line.)

scootermom32
08-24-2006, 05:17 PM
My SIL, a first time cruiser, got into the CC line w/ my other SIL. Both families ended up getting all the lanyards, bags, pins, etc. Not a bad deal!

If you're a CC member and you go into the other line because it's shorter, do you still get that stuff? (The bag comes later, but how about the lanyard and pins?)

Speaking of the lanyards -- I wasn't impressed w/ them during the sail-away party. I found 3 KTTW cards that had blown out of the lanyard holders -- it was really windy! One blew from deck 10 down to deck 9. The lady had no idea wehre it went and was very panicked. I'm sure they cancel the cards very quickly and give you another if you lose them, but still, nobody wants to feel that panic, so pocket those cards up on deck 10!

C

sonney
08-25-2006, 07:38 AM
The stuff in the room relates to who made the ressie. If the CC member made the ressies, then everyone is considered CC member. It's not related to check in (I believe).

Sonney

lbgraves
08-25-2006, 07:52 AM
Yes, the regular line & CC line actually go to the same CMs to check in. The CC line is like a FP line. When they started it last year we got to go first before the regular line. Every CM at the check in counter has the CC goodies to give out. It will depend on your reservation if you get them. :)

ibouncetoo
08-25-2006, 08:37 AM
Yes, the regular line & CC line actually go to the same CMs to check in. The CC line is like a FP line.

Thanks Lisa!