PDA

View Full Version : Not so serious question, but kinda sweet....

misseulalie
08-22-2006, 09:27 PM
Ok, let's be honest...While cruising on DCL, have you noticed a moment where your eyes get a little "misty" and a few happy tears start flowing?
This may be a question for the ladies as I'm sure no man would want to answer. ;) Though.... I will give bonus points to any man who is willing to post!

My answer; Yes, when we board the ship and they say our name as I'm watching my children look around in amazement. The first few moments on the ship aways get to me :blush:

I guess I have one more...At the kid's graduation: as they are showing the pictures of the kids on the big screen with the music in the background. It kinda reminds me that in 13 years, my DD will be graduating for real! :rolleyes:

Eric, Julie and Hailey
08-22-2006, 09:38 PM
I am NOT ashamed to admit I am a flubbering idiot around all things Disney.

I cried during: Spectromagic (at MK) -- all 20+ times I've seen it; all fireworks shows at the parks; our name being announced boarding the ship and my daughter's look at Mickey and Minnie waving down to her; the sound of the horn at the sailaway party; Disney Dreams finale(!!); and the end of Forrest Gump (OK, that last one is not really Disney oriented...).

My Wife says it is very sexy to have a man not afraid of his softer side. I guess that makes me Tom Cruise or something! ;)

- Eric

lbgraves
08-22-2006, 09:46 PM
That first step onto the ship......Disney Dreams when the ship is covered with pixie dust......Till we meet again when they sing the farewell song.

MB MinnieGirl
08-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Oh yea, I got choked up and misty eyed about 100 times. This trip was such a dream vacation for us. Dd and I were just talking about this tonight. She ask me if I was going to cry on our cruise next year. :rotfl:

I cried ....
~when we saw the ship from the bus window
~when we walked in and they announced our names as I watched dd's eyes become HUGE!
~every time a crew member made our day magical in some small way
~when an employee at Shutters gave us our photos I wasn't purchasing and simply said, enjoy them.
~when dd face would light up with enchantment and wonder
~when a card from Peter Pan was left in our "fish mail" filled with Pixie Dust
~when we swam with the dolphins
~Graduation got to me too!

And too many others to name. I was very proud I did not shed a tear leaving the ship - that's what rebooking onboard will help to cure. :thumbsup2

At least they were all tears of joy, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. :goodvibes

:wave: Kelly

Vanvmom
08-22-2006, 09:53 PM
*When I first saw the ship as we arrived at the port.
*Sail Away (yes, we REALLY are cruising DCL) :thumbsup2
*Kids Graduation Show
*Till We Meet Again Show (we were standing right in front of the characters)

I'm sure there were likely other times, but these stood out.

misseulalie
08-22-2006, 10:09 PM
I forgot about the horn. I don't know why but when I hear it, I just lose it. That's whats great about sunglasses; DH can't see me tearing up!

Hanover
08-22-2006, 10:43 PM
All of the above plus during the pirate show when Mickey slides down and the fireworks begin. Gave me goosebumps too.

2angelsinheaven
08-22-2006, 10:53 PM
The shows, Mickey and the Fireworks, Sailaway and the horn, our names being announced. Everytime I see a child with a character. MAW families getting to have fun and forgot about the "real" world of hospitals and treatments. The other day in the terminal I saw a young girl with MAW, Minnie was walking by on her way back to the ship, she stopped and bent down and hugged the little girl, I saw her mom's eyes tear up, and I lost it. How magical!

hidmickey:myantidrug
08-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Oh my gosh those are always the worst! You just sit there crying thinking 'this has no relation to me, it shouldn't make me cry!' but that's all you can do!

goofylover
08-23-2006, 01:51 AM
I cried during all the shows because I was actually relaxing and realizing that all of my HOURS or should I say DAYS, MONTHS, YEARS spent planning had turned out pretty perfectly. I actually just wanted to start bawling but I did restrain myself. Excuse me.....I have to get a kleenex!

FletchFab5
08-23-2006, 05:15 AM
Til We Meet Again definitely!

MrsJobba1
08-23-2006, 05:44 AM
When I hear the ships, 'when you wish upon a star horn!' and when we are sailing away . :blush:

jodi1778
08-23-2006, 06:56 AM
You are all making my eyes "misty" just reading about your memories.

The moment that got me would have to be stepping on the ship for the first time.

Momeska
08-23-2006, 07:17 AM
I'm sitting here blubbering reading these posts! They bring back so many magical memories. The absolute worst for me was saying goodbye to our servers. No misty here...out and out tears! :sad: :sad: :sad: Our server just hugged me and kept saying, "I know, I know". They must experience that all the time.
:wave2: Linda

LindaBabe
08-23-2006, 08:52 AM
When the characters 'signed' the Mickey Mouse song at the farewell.

Laura24
08-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Disney Dreams gets me every time. It doesn't matter how many times I've seen it, it still makes me tear up and sniffle. Also, when pulling out of the port and watching the Magic/Wonder fade away behind me. :sad:

pacercolt
08-23-2006, 09:17 AM
We went this summer with these friends that we finally talked into going. I was telling them how many times I get misty eyes on the cruise and the husband said " Can't we just have a good time, do we have to cry?" When we got on the ship and went to the pools before we left the port, he was all teared up thinking about how awesome the ship was and how happy and lucky he was that he could give his family such an awesome vacation. I had to laugh. Every man that has been in my sailing party on all 4 cruises have got teary at some point. I think that is called "Magic"!!!!!

ericamanda01
08-23-2006, 09:42 AM
My moment happens before we get to the ship. As we are driving to the port and we drive over the last little bridge or hill, I can't remember, and you see the ship in the distance sitting at the dock, my eyes water up and I get the biggest grin on my face. It's my happiest moment. :love:

fanofdumbo
08-23-2006, 10:26 AM
My first Disney Cruise in 2002( we were know as the 2 Minnies as we ran around the ship with Minni ears on the WHOLE cruise!) when we were on the bus to go back to the airport this little girl behind me started saying, " Goodbye Mickey , Goodbye Minnie" :wave: .. it was soo sad I started to cry and wave with her!!!

Chattyaholic
08-23-2006, 10:49 AM
DH and I took my parents on a 4-night Disney Wonder cruise in '04 and when we first walked onto the ship, through the Mickey ears, and our names were announced I looked at my Mom and smiled, and she started crying. She was just so happy to be there. She had never thought she would be taking a cruise. She's a very sentimental type person. I loved seeing the cruise through her eyes. She had her picture taken with every character she saw, it was sweet. She was just like a little kid.

ChrizJen
08-23-2006, 10:51 AM
There are 2 BIG ones for me (actually too many little "misty-eye" moments to mention...but 2 BIG actual tears moments...)

After all of the planning, all of the commotion of getting to the port, getting checked in, getting on board, etc., etc., etc...during the sailaway party, you hear the ship's horn, look over at your loved ones, and burst into tears because it's FINALLY REAL!!! We're really on the Mickey Mouse Boat!!!! :thumbsup2

And then on that last evening, as things are winding down from a busy fun day at Castaway Cay, taking your last peaceful moments alone on deck 10, as the sun is setting on the horizon, it hits you that it's almost time to leave...the tears flow yet again... :sad:

Those are the biggies for me...
-Christal

P.S. : *SIGH* And of course right now...I'm getting all teary just remembering those feelings. I really wish I were there... :rolleyes:

kfeuer
08-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Two things got me last time: 1) Hearing the horn for the first time 2) Right before they started letting people off the ship the last day they played a "message from Mickey" and when he says "Hope to see you again real soon" I just lost it because I thought it would be a really long time before we were back (so glad it's only been a year...although this really is our last trip for a very long time so I'll definitely be bawling when we have to get off).

kplatt
08-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Thank goodness!!! Here I was thinking I was just a big blubbery crybaby!! So glad that I am not alone!! :sad: :sad:

we4blairs
08-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Here are my misty moments:

- when i watched my kid's faces full of excitement upon takeoff in our plane (their first trip)
- when i saw their faces upon seeing the WONDER for the first time
- seeing my DS 6 hug Mickey upon arrival
- dinner the first night when the kids said, "this is the best trip ever!"

and last but not least - not just misty but goosebumps and actual tears....
-during the firework show
I looked up at that beauty and then down at my family and was so thankful that i was even here to experience this with them and to see their faces and expressions as they experienced this magic.

BabyBird
08-23-2006, 01:55 PM
That SIGN with Mickey waving to you as you get off the ship "See you real soon". I thought I would pass out. I was so glad that we had a week at the parks to recover from that very moment. I felt terrible for the poor saps that were going to the airport instead of WDW. :rotfl:
Now on this trip - I will be a sap. I may need to blindfold myself and have DH lead me out of the atrium. It's going to be a very weepy scene.

Disney really knows how to set the tone so that you feel at ease getting emotional. I cry every time we walk under the trains onto Main Street at MK -I'm sure that I will cry again when I see the beautiful Christmas decorations put there just for me (okay, us) on the Wonder. It is a sight to see.

fanofdumbo
08-23-2006, 02:07 PM
I also cry everytime I see the Castle.. it just makes all happy momments. :rotfl2:

Dixielady908
08-23-2006, 02:14 PM
:) Ok I havent cruised yet...my first time...but I know that I will tear up..I already warned by DH. I told him, when I first see the ship, walk into the building to check in...walking onto the ship....going to our cabin..He cant wait.. ;)

We (dh & myselt) are traveling with 11 other people. I told them that I wanted to walk onto the ship after all of them, so when they announce us they will all be there to clap & cheer... :cheer2: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Denise :banana:

kinseysmom
08-23-2006, 02:48 PM
last year, when we went on our 4 night wonder cruise, i went to see disney dreams with my dd5. as the lights above lit up cascading through the theatre creating the illusion that tinker belle had tossed pixie dust on the ship and they show the ship on the big screen being surrounded by pixie dust, my daughter whispered over to me "mommie, we're flying, we're flying!!!" i just started tearing up and i do to this day whenever i tell anyone about the wonderful disney cruise experience. that they make a 5 year old think she can fly with just a little magic in her heart, it's priceless!!!

Ker-Bear
08-23-2006, 02:51 PM
I will cry. That is one thing I know will happen on my DCL trip. Now at what-that's the unanswered question!

PrettyInTink
08-23-2006, 07:26 PM
My dh's tearing up time was during a show they don't do anymore called Morty the Magician. Morty can't find his magic and all of a sudden the mouse himself shows up to give it to him Dh just lost it! I get weepy throughout the whole dang cruise, from beginning to end because I know we are blessed to be there! :goodvibes

2angelsinheaven
08-23-2006, 07:37 PM
last year, when we went on our 4 night wonder cruise, i went to see disney dreams with my dd5. as the lights above lit up cascading through the theatre creating the illusion that tinker belle had tossed pixie dust on the ship and they show the ship on the big screen being surrounded by pixie dust, my daughter whispered over to me "mommie, we're flying, we're flying!!!" i just started tearing up and i do to this day whenever i tell anyone about the wonderful disney cruise experience. that they make a 5 year old think she can fly with just a little magic in her heart, it's priceless!!!

Oh, :sad1: Your story just made my eyes all teary, how very magical! I love seeing Disney and DCL through little ones eyes, it gets me everytime.

eeyoregon
08-23-2006, 09:46 PM
My 10 year dream of cruising DCL came true in April when my 2 sons and I sailed the 7 night Western. To make it even more special, I was able to cruise with my best friend and her family who live 3000+ miles away.

The tears started flowing without control as soon as we handed over our boarding card in the terminal and got in line for our embarkation photo. I pulled myself together as we boarded the magic and heard our name announced but quicly lost it again while making my Palo reservation. And again at the sail-away party. But the REAL tear jerker moment?? When the horn blew "when you wish upon a star". WOW!!!!

Everything was so magical especially being able to take this once-in-a-lifetime cruise with my two sons.

wingawh
08-23-2006, 10:11 PM
All of these are truly wonderful!!

I have to add the lighting of the Christmas Tree in December and when it snows in the atrium and on Castaway Cay.

michelle9343
08-24-2006, 06:46 AM
I have to say I am a weepy one. Last cruise was my DD MAW trip so there was a lot of water works.
1st site of the ship
2nd walking into the atrium I was really crying (which upset my DS)
The horn (huge misting up)
many character greets
But the biggest was untill we meet again.

Pooh_Friend#1
08-24-2006, 09:49 AM
I definitely have my misty moments. Seeing the ship as we pull into port, walking on to the ship, going upstairs to eat at the buffet on the first day, Till We Meet Again, getting into our room for the first time. I bawl like a baby getting off the ship and at the end of Disney Dreams and leaving CC. I am teary eyed right now reading everyone's response and I have exactly 2 weeks until I get back on the Wonder.

SpideyHulk24
08-24-2006, 11:16 AM
I always tear up on DCL. Seeing my children enjoy themselves and seeing their faces light up during events, makes it happen every time. DW, always says are you crying again....and I'm like "no, i have something in my eye." :thumbsup2

clten
08-24-2006, 12:03 PM
One place I always end up crying that hasn't been mentioned is at the Cruise Staff show in Diversions on the last night (but maybe that is because I am always laughing so hard). :rotfl: :rotfl:

momof6innc
08-24-2006, 12:15 PM
I am SOOO the teary one in the family!! I am so pathetic, gets worse with every pregnancy. Even DH gets caught getting teary-eyed (blames it on my pregnancy hormones!).

This cruise in December will be with my sister's family and it will be the first time the cousins see Mickey Mouse. I thought of that the other day in the car and had to immedately call my sister "I'm warning you right now that I WILL cry the first time the kids see Disney" This was a conversation out of the blue, sis was a bit confused but then laughed.

OH, graduation, when we walk through the Mickey ears on to the ship, when they announce our names and we're really there, when we get that first group photo! The whole first day!!!!

And this tearing up is not limited to passengers. My dad took my DD, age 6, to see the Queen of Hearts. When the Queen saw my DD's MAW button (DD's the MAW kid in our family), Dad told me he could have sworn he saw the Queen crying. She took alot of time playing with DD and making her feel special. Dad was very impressed with the Queen and even now two years later speaks of her.

momof6innc
08-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Kelly, I loved your trip report!! Everytime you mentioned tearing up, I'd think "Yup, I'd be crying there too!" I even said to DH, "Look, I'm NOT the only one!" Glad you had a magical time!

yankeegal64
08-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Ok, let's be honest...While cruising on DCL, have you noticed a moment where your eyes get a little "misty" and a few happy tears start flowing?
This may be a question for the ladies as I'm sure no man would want to answer. ;) Though.... I will give bonus points to any man who is willing to post!

My answer; Yes, when we board the ship and they say our name as I'm watching my children look around in amazement. The first few moments on the ship aways get to me :blush:

I guess I have one more...At the kid's graduation: as they are showing the pictures of the kids on the big screen with the music in the background. It kinda reminds me that in 13 years, my DD will be graduating for real! :rolleyes:
Calling all single men ages 30-50! :rolleyes1 If you have answered this questioned please proceed to the "Disney Singles Forum". :grouphug: Thank you in advance for your courage and honesty.

allears
08-24-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm glad my DW and I aren't alone in the water works department. Some of our family and friends think we're a little over the edge with our Disney addiction any way.

There any number of times on each of our cruise I've welled up. I think the most heart warming time ever was on our Sept 04 voyage. Very long story, short version, delayed by hurricane Jeanne, best friends and their three daughters (our God daughters btw) were scheudled for a wish trip on the Wonder leaving the day after us :guilty: But because of the crazieness of the storm, changes in schedules and some special folks here on the boards and DCL, they were on the Magic with us. Their middle daughter had just come through a year of cancer treatment, she was about 10 or 11. She was healthy and pronounced cured. Sitting with her in the thearter watching her face light up at the showes just reduces me to a puddle every time.

Many folks had a few not so great things to say about that trip and the time leading up to it. For us it was a gift from God and memories we couldn't have planned for in a million years.

I could go on for pages as each cruise has had a least one very special moment, if not many, that sending me reaching for the tissues. That's why we keep coming back.

4 mickey
08-24-2006, 09:48 PM
It would be easier to name what's not making me teary eyes lol...
About teary eyes =
Calling our name at terminal
Horn
sail away
Anytime I see mickeymouse ( I'm 45 )
shows
Pirate ( when mickwy slides down the rope )
fireworks
Till we meet again
Looking at some of my best pcs of cruise
and of course when I get on th DCL buses last morning because I know it's finished .......... :guilty: :sad2:

branv
08-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Oooh, who me?? Cry? No way :rolleyes1

So I'm not a big cryer - not like some of my gal pals, I'm a rock (no..really. Ok, maybe I've cried at a few long distance commercials.) I must admit before I went on the cruise the thought of crying over a ship would have made me go :rolleyes: .

But nothing, and I mean NOTHING can prepare you for that horn. I listened to the mp3 of it, called DH over to listen to it. I pronounced it "cool" and DH just said, "nice" and walked off. Yet when that horn sounded at the going away party, first goosebumps went all up my arms and legs and then I saw Mr. Stoic's eyes light up. Yep, and there went the waterworks.

On our ship there were two mentally handicapped ladies who were around 50 or 60. Everytime we saw them around the ship and at the table near ours at dinner they were having the time of their lives - gettin' down at the parties, and just so delighted everytime their waiters paid special attention to them at dinner. One night I thought, "you know, so many people might look at these ladies with pity, but unlike the rest of us at that age they are blessed with still being able to feel and express unrestrained joy and excitement. It is REAL magic to them." And THAT made me tear up.

Ok, and if I must admit it. We hauled off the ship as soon as we could on disembarkation so that we could visit DTD before our flight. I was being very rational and efficient with my time. :rolleyes: And yet, as I was walking down the gangplank off the ship, I was surprised to find that I was welling up. I've had lots of lovely vacations that didn't make me want to lay down kicking and screaming, refusing to be dragged away. But this one sure did.

HiYaPal
08-24-2006, 11:24 PM
I am sure in two weeks I will be blubbering...but for now, here is my Disney crying story...A few years ago, I got to fulfill one of my dreams...I was selected to dance down Main Street of Disneyland in the 3:00 parade. Ok...they made me dress like one of the hippos from Fantasia...but I made it my personal mission to find every person who was sitting along main street who did not have a smile on their face and wave until I made them smile...even the most bored 13 or 14 year old! At the end of Main Street as they gave us our pins for participating I started crying uncontrollably...I was so happy...wait...I'm crying now just remembering it. As for my other dream...well let's just say, I am 5' tall and I have always dreamed of having big black ears!

I luv this thread!

corve77t
08-24-2006, 11:31 PM
I am a male, and dont understand what their is to cry about. I have two boys, and have been on a cruise and did not see anything too shed a tear over. My wife feels the way I do. maybe on our next cruise over christmass on the magic it may be differnt.

HiYaPal
08-25-2006, 09:47 AM
I am a male, and dont understand what their is to cry about. I have two boys, and have been on a cruise and did not see anything too shed a tear over. My wife feels the way I do. maybe on our next cruise over christmass on the magic it may be differnt.

Boy corve77t, you sure put a damper on this thread. I've seen plenty of men cry or at least tear up especially when they (the dad) sees the children in their life are truly happy such as when they finally meeting a favorite character. Men have even been known to cry because of happiness when winning the Masters, the Superbowl, or a gold medal in weighlifting. Those are tears of happiness. I hope someday you get to experience them...because it means you are experiencing the best feeling in the world!

misseulalie
08-25-2006, 09:52 AM

Come on, nothing made you misty eyes? Did you go on DCL or a different liner?
Even when watching one of you boys get so excited about seeing Mickey Mouse and when they actually get to hug him and they don't want to let go of Mickey? Watching your child's face as they stare at amazment at all the characters on the last evening...

Nothing???? :confused3

:teeth:

ibouncetoo
08-25-2006, 10:07 AM
I am sure in two weeks I will be blubbering...but for now, here is my Disney crying story...A few years ago, I got to fulfill one of my dreams...I was selected to dance down Main Street of Disneyland in the 3:00 parade. Ok...they made me dress like one of the hippos from Fantasia...but I made it my personal mission to find every person who was sitting along main street who did not have a smile on their face and wave until I made them smile...even the most bored 13 or 14 year old! At the end of Main Street as they gave us our pins for participating I started crying uncontrollably...I was so happy...wait...I'm crying now just remembering it.

Isn't is GREAT to be in a Disneyland parade ::yes:: I also danced with the Fantasia hippos, "Go Diva, Go Diva", and once with Baloo and King Louie.

I also got misty-eyed coming over the bridge and seeing the Wonder and hearing the horn....and a begillion times after that. I'm looking FORWARD to getting misty-eyes coming over the bridge and seeing the Magic and watching my little sister get misty-eyed over all the first time experiences of cruising with DCL!

CRSNDSNY
08-25-2006, 10:22 AM
Having our name called makes me misty-eyed. The shows always make me misty-eyed, too...something about the music and being on the ship! Gets me every time! :goodvibes

MB MinnieGirl
08-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Kelly, I loved your trip report!! Everytime you mentioned tearing up, I'd think "Yup, I'd be crying there too!" I even said to DH, "Look, I'm NOT the only one!" Glad you had a magical time!

:goodvibes Thank you so much! Isn't it nice to know that we aren't the only one's with wet eye's and sunglasses on. :rotfl:

It was just so amazing for me...watching the excitement and magic through her eyes. The trip was so truly magical for us that even looking at pictures now I can get a little teary. The entire cruise I just couldn't believe we were actually there - just the two of us and everything was just perfect. :goodvibes

And any father (or mother too of course!) who gets teary over seeing the marvel in his children's eye's, and being so thankful that he was able to provide this for them and share the wonder, is a great guy in my book. Nothing wrong with a little love, magic, and emotion in my book. :thumbsup2

:wave: Kelly

cristit14
08-25-2006, 12:39 PM
So many misty eyed moments.... When we first see the ship from the window of the car.... when we first step on the ship.... when the horn blows.... seeing all of the excited kids with a character.... when we have to leave the ship....

birdmom
08-25-2006, 04:36 PM
my eyes fill up every time I think about our cruise and we haven't even gone yet :((