PDA

View Full Version : main seating wait list

bfosbenner
08-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Has anyone ever not gotten main seating for dinner when it was desired after being put on wait list? I am traveling with a 9yr and 1yr and really don't want to eat at 8pm :confused3

allears
08-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Has anyone ever not gotten main seating for dinner when it was desired after being put on wait list? I am traveling with a 9yr and 1yr and really don't want to eat at 8pm :confused3

Many people have posted that they have in fact been moved to early seating after being wait listed. If it doesn't happen before yoou board, go right to the dining assigments station, in Rockin Bar D/Wave Bands and see if they can move you around. Folks are usually acomodated.

kplatt
08-21-2006, 10:42 PM
We have been waitlisted for early seating on all our cruises, and have always been able to be changed to early. In fact, on our last cruise, we were switched but didn't know until we got to the ship.

Enjoy your cruise!!

unixadm
08-21-2006, 10:58 PM
We waitlisted for our January Cruise. We had a 3 and 5 YO....8pm is their bedtime.......when I checked in, I mentioned that we were waitlisted and said that the kids would be falling asleep in their food if we had the 8pm seating :rotfl2: No problem....they had it switched and we were set for the 5:30pm seating.

lbgraves
08-21-2006, 11:35 PM
We were switched 3 days before our cruise.

martinezfamily1126
08-22-2006, 08:42 AM
I'm on the waitlist for the Sept 30 cruise

cathyscrapper
08-22-2006, 08:52 AM
We are on waitlist for Sept. 30 also, However, there are 19 of us- what do you think our chances are?

HillPete
08-22-2006, 09:05 AM
If it's so easy to switch the day of the cruise, why don't they take people from the waiting list and move them much earlier?

Worrying about getting switched from late dining is the only thing keeping me from enjoying the planning aspect of our cruise. My boys (6 & 4) are in bed at 8 and will either be asleep in their Mickey Mac'n'Cheese or running around the dining room in an over-tired rampage!

I'm OK with keeping them up til 9 or so on vacation, but to expect a 4 year old to wait until after his normal bedtime for dinner is just unbelievable!! (Climbing down off soapbox now).

martinezfamily1126
08-22-2006, 10:11 AM
We are on waitlist for Sept. 30 also, However, there are 19 of us- what do you think our chances are?

I'm not sure since I am new to DCL. My family doesn't get home until like 6:30 and don't get to dinner until like 7-730 so i didn't think late seating would be a problem but later decided to go with the waitlist for early since my son willprobably be tired after all of that sea air all day.

misseulalie
08-22-2006, 11:26 AM
It's funny, I'm on the waitlist for early seating for the 10/29 Wonder; not for our kids, but for my parents!

They like to eat dinner at 5pm. (they can't miss the early bird special!)
I'm hoping 6pm won't be too late, could you imagine if we got stuck with 8pm? They would be eating hamburgers and pizza by the pool for dinner every night! :rolleyes:

eeyore_lover_0101
08-22-2006, 01:11 PM
My Family was put on the waiting list for main seating and about 2 weeks or so before our cruis we checked online and our dinning was changed from the late seating the the main seating and we were very pleased. Disney always trys to accomadate you. If your seating is not changed then right when you get on the ship you can go to guest services and see if they can make any changes.

tamamom
08-22-2006, 04:58 PM
We were wait listed but never got changed. When I got on board I went to the specified place (get there a little early) and they changed me no problem.

Lloyd Dobler
08-22-2006, 06:18 PM
I've always been able to change. Usually, I call every so often to check to see if there are openings in the main seating. I've only had to change on board once. I think that by default, people are assigned the main seating, so it fills up earlier. I know a lot of people who prefer to eat later, so there are probably quite a few changes in the other direction, too.

middleofamerica
08-23-2006, 12:09 AM
Last year we were on the list and found out when we got on the ship that we had been changed to the early seating. Good luck! :thumbsup2

crisi
08-23-2006, 07:59 AM
Occationally someone posts that they didn't have luck changing, so the best idea is to hope for the best and plan for the worst. There are some advantages to late seating. A lot of people feed their kids earlier from Pluto's or room service or something, then either have the kids in the club, let little ones nap in a stroller, or let them snack at dinnertime.

I have heard, I don't know how accurate this is, that when main seating gets to a certain capacity (but not yet full) they start putting people on the waitlist and booking late. This lets them have some room for people with medical reasons for early dining or other reasons to move early (someone posted linking your reservations with an early dining Diser will work). When they have a better idea of who is sailing, they start moving folks off the wait list.

Good luck. Most people are either switched ahead of time or switch at boarding.

(But I think the chances of a party of 19 being able to switch are very slim).

tvguy
08-23-2006, 10:23 PM
I've never seen a statistic, but I suspect many folks don't get switched, otherwise they would have gotten Early Seating in the first place. I do know that a lot of folks "forced" to take Late Seating end up loving it.