PDA

View Full Version : Character dining - Why no Pixar characters?

disney-super-mom
08-21-2006, 01:09 PM
I have two little boys, ages 3 and 7, whose favorite Disney characters happen to be the characters of the Pixar movies (Buzz, Woody, Monsters Inc guys, and the entire Incredibles family), and I got to thinking about the fact that we've NEVER seen them AT ALL at any of the character dining experiences. Why is that?

I think the Disney princesses, with their special meet and greet places in the park, and their very own character dining exerience at CA, is wonderful for the little girls (I would have loved it myself when I was a little girl), but I can't help but feel that the little boys (and girls too) are missing out somewhat.

Anyhoo, it would be awesome for all those Disney/Pixar fans if Disney created a character dining experiece involving all those characters. After all, other than Pirates, the Disney/Pixar movies are the most successful and popular of late, and therefore it's what the children of today are into. Why not stay with the times and create some special meet and greets, like a dining experience, with those very popular characters?

I'm in wonderment as to why Disney doesn't capitalize more on those characters popularity??? :confused3

Does anyone else wonder about this? Would you also like a Disney dining experience themed to the Disney/Pixar characters? (or am I in the minority on this one) :teeth:

DisneylandPrincess
08-21-2006, 01:15 PM
I totally agree!!!! I have 2 boys myself and would love to see that. It would also be a great attraction/addition to DCA!

Alex2kMommy
08-21-2006, 01:32 PM
My two boys (ages 6 and 2) also love the Pixar characters, especially the Toy Story ones. Hope they do come up with a Pixar character meal, that would be great!

hlbtimes2
08-21-2006, 01:38 PM
While I like the idea, it makes me laugh a bit. Many people complain that the parks are giving too much focus to Pixar. The new buzz ride, Mike and Sully ride, the upcoming Nemo ride, rumors of a Cars ride, etc.

I'm trying to think of a logical place for them to put it. I'm not coming up with much. Anyone have any idea of a location?

disney-super-mom
08-21-2006, 02:12 PM
I guess another point I want to make is that even if there never is a Disney/Pixar themed dining experience, it sure would be nice if a Pixar character or two could make a showing at the current Disney dining experiences. Why don't they already do that anyhow? :confused3