PDA

View Full Version : A LOT of questions...

kurt90
08-19-2006, 09:53 PM
We'll be leaving next Saturday for the DLH (26th-30th) and I just had a few general questions...

1. What is the chance of getting an upgrade when we get to DLH? I've heard of a few people getting better rooms when they check in.

2. Is there really EE everyday for DLH guests? When I booked the trip, nobody ever mentioned this.

3. How far is the walk to Goofy's Kitchen from DL? Our reservation is at 7:20pm, so I want to make sure I get there in time.

4. When touring DL over two days, what side of the park do you prefer to start on? I guess what I'm asking is what side do you need to do first in order to avoid crowds?

5. Is there an In-n-Out burger near DLR? I love those burgers! :love:

6. Last question, I promise... will there be a lot of 50th merchandise at the park still or have they started to clear the shelves already?

Oh, and I had a long chat with a CM over the phone and received this information:

Monorail down (can't beleive I didn't know that!)
Matterhorn up until November
Casey Jr. Circus Trains down for some time
Francis' Lady Bug Boogie down
Aladdin dark 27th until about Sept. 1st
No ELP, or F! 28th-30th (maybe just a weekend thing?)

I guess that's about it, thanks for reading all my questions. Also, for those who replied to my previous post about purchasing Ridemax, I bought it and I must say it is very cool :).

hlbtimes2
08-20-2006, 12:05 AM
1. What is the chance of getting an upgrade when we get to DLH? I've heard of a few people getting better rooms when they check in. I dont have any experience with it. I would probably not count on an upgrade, and if you get one it will be a nice suprise!

2. Is there really EE everyday for DLH guests? When I booked the trip, nobody ever mentioned this. Not everyday. Its "everyday that it is offered". Right now that is Mon, Tues,Thurs and Saturday.

3. How far is the walk to Goofy's Kitchen from DL? Our reservation is at 7:20pm, so I want to make sure I get there in time. Depends on how fast you walk. I would try to be out of th front gate no later then 7. I would probably aim for 6:45 or so- that way you have extra time in case you get side tracked on the walk. There are lots of stores to walk past! But, you'll have a good gauge if you are staying at the hotel- because you'll have made the walk a couple times already.

4. When touring DL over two days, what side of the park do you prefer to start on? I guess what I'm asking is what side do you need to do first in order to avoid crowds? Personally, I would get a fast pass for Space mt, then head toward NOS/ Critter country. Everyone else will more then likely head to tomorrowland, dont follow them! Of course, when you do early entry you'll be heading toward fantasy land first, as that is the area open for EE. I just saw you have ridemax- trust them! follow the plan, they'll tell you were to start.

5. Is there an In-n-Out burger near DLR? I love those burgers! :love: Not sure. You might try map quest. I know there isnt one that is walking distance.

6. Last question, I promise... will there be a lot of 50th merchandise at the park still or have they started to clear the shelves already?You'll find plenty! They arent going to pull it early and miss a sale. There might be a few things that were limited, but trust me, there will be plenty of gold every where you look!

ADisneyPrincess
08-20-2006, 10:19 AM
I've stayed at DLH a number of times and have never been upgraded. The only time I was was at GCH when it first opened. We booked through Expedia and in the request section I asked for a park view room. Surprisingly we were given one.

princessbride6205
08-20-2006, 11:21 AM
There is an In N Out Burger in Anaheim, but not in walking distance. Google or mapquest can help.

If you are hoping for an upgrade, and don't get one...you can always ask if any are available when they are assigning your room. You may be able to get your upgrade for a fraction of the normal price for that upgrade.

Have a wonderful time - we love DL!

HydroGuy
08-20-2006, 12:31 PM
2. Is there really EE everyday for DLH guests? When I booked the trip, nobody ever mentioned this.As hlb said, it is every day that EE is offered. This perk is kind of a funny one. It started out as a test in 2005 with almost zero promotion. Then it just never stopped. It is not like Extra Magic Hours at WDW where it is promoted to death. But it is true that you can use EE each day if you are a DLR hotel guest. The next question is how successful you will be getting up that early - EE is at 7AM on peak days - and EE works better if you can get to the gates early (at least 15 minutes but 30 is better). 6:30-6:45AM comes pretty early in the morning in California too. :)

4. When touring DL over two days, what side of the park do you prefer to start on? I guess what I'm asking is what side do you need to do first in order to avoid crowds?Well, as hlb said you will want to do Fantasyland on EE mornings. Personally I do not try to do one area of the park, but focus on certain rides in the morning. First, all FastPass rides can be delayed until later in the day because you can always ride them with a short line. But we still sometimes ride these standby in the morning, especially on our first morning. Rides in particular that you want to do in the first couple hours are those whose lines get long later in the day and have no FastPass:

Jungle Cruise
All of the Fantasyland rides including Matterhorn
All of the ToonTown rides (except Roger Rabbit which has FP)
Star Tours

POTC is usually a ride that can be delayed for 2-3 hours, but since its revamp it has been temperamental and you may have to hit that one early to avoid a lengthy line - which seems to top out at 30 minutes and is not that bad.

HM and IASW are high capacity rides that can safely be delayed for 2-3 hours.

Oh, and I had a long chat with a CM over the phone and received this information:

Matterhorn up until NovemberThey told you Matterhorn is not closing at all thru November? Hmmm. CM's have been known to make mistakes, but Matterhorn not closing would be surprising.

JenDisneylandlver
08-20-2006, 02:01 PM
1. What is the chance of getting an upgrade when we get to DLH? I've heard of a few people getting better rooms when they check in.

We were lucky enough to get a free upgrade, in the middle of busy July too. We paid for a standard room and view, and got a pool view room in the Marina Tower. It was really nice. I wouldn't always be expecting it, but when it does happen it's great.

2. Is there really EE everyday for DLH guests? When I booked the trip, nobody ever mentioned this.

You are able to take advantage of all the EE days that DL has. But it isn't every single day. When we were there we were able to take advantage of it for 2 days on our trip. Honestly it was hard on us though. Getting up that early and trying to be there most of the day. Then go see things at night too, really wiped us out. Worth it? YES! But it tired us out pretty bad!

3. How far is the walk to Goofy's Kitchen from DL? Our reservation is at 7:20pm, so I want to make sure I get there in time.

Goofy's Kitchen is IN the DLH. So it will be right downstairs from your room! So it's gonna be the same walk you've been doing to get back to the hotel. Depending on how fast you walk and how tired you are, anywhere from 10-15 minutes.

4. When touring DL over two days, what side of the park do you prefer to start on? I guess what I'm asking is what side do you need to do first in order to avoid crowds?

We like to do Fantasyland early as it gets crowded and stays that way very quickly. Although this year we headed over the POTC first usually as we couldn't get enough of it! :)

5. Is there an In-n-Out burger near DLR? I love those burgers! :love:

I'm not sure, not in the close areas to DL that I know of anyway. But I'm willing to be they have one somewhere!

6. Last question, I promise... will there be a lot of 50th merchandise at the park still or have they started to clear the shelves already?

I'm sure they'll still have it going strong at the end of the month. September might be a different story though.