PDA

View Full Version : dark transfer paper

BlakeNJ
08-19-2006, 06:45 PM
I am making a t-shirt for the first time. I have been reading the boards and see that the dark transfer paper is the best. I just printed my design and I thought the paper would be clear once ironed on the t-shirt. Did I buy the wrong thing? Thanks--newbie t-shirt designer!

sunny_
08-21-2006, 06:35 PM
I thought the paper would be clear with the dark transfers last year as well, but I too was mistaken. I have yet to buy the transfers for light colors but I want to try them this year. I read that they are not as clear (as in pictures aren't as detailed) but I hope the surrounding material is clear (as in you can see through it)...

jeminni
08-23-2006, 07:39 PM
I would love to try and make a shirt this way. Is there a link anywhere with step by step instructions for a complete newbue like me? :) Can you get dark transfer paper at a store like a Walmart or do you have to go to a crafts store or what???

PigletFairy
08-24-2006, 03:52 PM
The way i do it so you wont see the unprinted paper is just to cut it out. I have made several using the light paper but have never tried the dark one.
Jeminni- You can get the transfer paper at any craft store. I think wal-mart carries it but i dont remember. The instructions are on the pack but if you get confuzed just pm me.

wdwjoeman
08-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Are there any links online about how to do it correctly?

yesthisismyday
09-09-2006, 08:32 PM
I am making a t-shirt for the first time. I have been reading the boards and see that the dark transfer paper is the best. I just printed my design and I thought the paper would be clear once ironed on the t-shirt. Did I buy the wrong thing? Thanks--newbie t-shirt designer!

i love all the kids, i lvoe kids i love kids :cool1: