PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever run into a fellow Dis'er?

firkat
08-19-2006, 09:26 AM
:wave2: Hello. Just curious if any of you have ever run into a fellow Dis'er? Maybe walking through the parks and you see the lime green baggallini? Or the LMGHPC? What tipped you off?

If you did, how did it go? Did you exchange screen names and did you recognize the other Dis'er from the Disboards?

CrazyforDisney
08-19-2006, 09:56 AM
I have never run into another DISer but I hope do on my upcoming trip.

drafthorsecrazy
08-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Not yet...but I'm gonna be wearing my lgmhpc next trip and be on the lookout for anyone else! :woohoo:

MaryJ
08-19-2006, 10:07 AM
I have three times. Once a DISer made it into the hot seat and I noticed her lime green Mickey. That same night she was at the Adventurer's Club when we were and I congratulated her on getting into the hot seat and introduced myself.

The other two times were while standing in queue lines. Both of the other people noticed either MY lime green Mickey or my DIS t-shirt.

firkat
08-19-2006, 11:42 AM
So, MaryJ, did you exchange screen names and if so, did you recognize them from the Disboards?

MaryJ
08-19-2006, 01:23 PM
We did exchange names, and afterwards I did see one of them on the boards, but I don't remember the name anymore.

firkat
08-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Way cool! I guess there are just so many people on these boards, that ya think your are gonna get to the World and it will be crawling with Dis'ers . . . but not true.

DisneyBride94
08-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Only on oceangram.com

:genie:

PaulaSue
08-20-2006, 06:29 PM
not quite the same but I meet up with a Diser at Wendys during the promo. Nice to knows someone else who live DISney too!

eblack0409
08-20-2006, 06:33 PM
I am making some lime green mickey heads with mine and DH's DIS names and putting them on our room door...if you see us, knock and come in for a drink!! :drinking1

daisyduck123
08-20-2006, 08:13 PM
I met another DISer (screen name "goofy'sgal" I think) at LeCellier in May. Back in April, we'd both been discussing on the DISboard, our upcoming May trips to WDW & we learned that we'd both be at the restaurant on the same night & time. I went over to her table & we chatted for a few minutes. Very nice gal!!

spazzyjazzy
08-21-2006, 12:21 AM
I never have but, I do keep an eye out.

Glendamax
08-21-2006, 07:07 AM
I saw a DISer last year in the ME line at the airport. But I was new on this site and too chicken to say anything . . . BOOO.....

About 2 weeks ago on a Saturday at Columbia mall, I saw a woman with her husband pushing a stroller, who had on a lime green shirt, and lime Crocs. I wanted to chase her down so badly and ask her if she was on the boards.

firkat
08-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Was it a MacLaren stroller? :rotfl:

thebecka
08-21-2006, 01:32 PM
A few years ago when we were going on a Discney Cruise we were taking the shuttle from the car rental to the ship and a man overheard my husband call my name and he turned around and said are you 'thebecka'? Yep, you got it he was a Disboard member and had seen some of my posts. :sunny:
It's such a small world!!

kimis
08-21-2006, 01:36 PM
I haven't yet but this coming trip (Jan 30-Feb 10) I hope to. I will have the LGMH on my bags and my purse so maybe I will finally meet one in person. COOL!

Glendamax
08-22-2006, 11:14 AM
A few years ago when we were going on a Discney Cruise we were taking the shuttle from the car rental to the ship and a man overheard my husband call my name and he turned around and said are you 'thebecka'? Yep, you got it he was a Disboard member and had seen some of my posts. :sunny:
It's such a small world!!

Hi neighbor! :wave2:

aztecgoods
08-22-2006, 11:34 AM
So what's the deal with this? Wearing a lime green mickey on your person kinda like a name tag is the official ID?

thebecka
08-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Kimis - we'll be in WDW at the same time! I'll look for you and your Lime Green Mickey's! :thumbsup2

Gmax-Congrats again on becoming a DisVet!! That is soooooo cool!! I'm over in Ellicott City - what part of Baltimore are you in? :3dglasses

thebecka
08-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Aztecgoods,
The Lime Green Mickey's have evolved over the years as a way for DisBoard members to recognize one another. As you are aware there are some folks who post just thousands of posts and we all make so many friends that it's just really neat to connect. It's not required or expected but when you go keep your eyes pealed for those Mickey's. Although I've never carried them before I will on the February trip. I already made the trip to HD and they are burning a hole in my purse. I know DH will think it's a waste of time but I'm looking forward to meeting a few DisBoard Members while in WDW.
I'm ready to leave now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Sooze
08-22-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm assuming... LGMH = Lime Green Mickey Hat?!?! Is that right? :blush:

If so... can you buy LGMHs at WDW? Where?

Thanks... I'm such a rookie!

LisaDKG
08-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Close! Lime Green Mickey Head! These are the mickey head-shaped paint chips available (free for the taking!) at your local Home Depot. Adopted by Dissers to use in many creative ways - resort window decoration, luggage tags etc. There are lots of threads here on the welcome boards with suggestions and what to do when you meet a fellow Disser!

Sabrina90744
08-22-2006, 04:40 PM
:wave2: Hello. Just curious if any of you have ever run into a fellow Dis'er? Maybe walking through the parks and you see the lime green baggallini? Or the LMGHPC? What tipped you off?

If you did, how did it go? Did you exchange screen names and did you recognize the other Dis'er from the Disboards?

I met a young mom at Pop Bus Stop, I dont even remember what park we were heading to but she, her young daughter and mother and my family were the only ones on the bus. We talked for a while, she had her LGMHPC, her family had Disign Board shirts on. Don't remember her screen name though. This was in early February

Dizzy for Dsny
08-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Just returned from a 8 day trip to WDW and saw 3 Diser's. The first one was at Hall of Presidents - she noticed my lime green mickey head on my shirt and then I met another at Epcot passing by who yelled out "Hey Diser!" and then not even 15 minutes later another came up to me at Le Cellier during lunch after seeing the lime green mickey. You never know who you will meet - it was great fun!!! :thumbsup2

Glendamax
08-23-2006, 12:30 AM
Gmax-Congrats again on becoming a DisVet!! That is soooooo cool!! I'm over in Ellicott City - what part of Baltimore are you in? :3dglasses

I'm not far from you at all! I live off of Route 40, not far from Double T Diner! :wave2:

Glendamax
08-23-2006, 12:36 AM
Just returned from a 8 day trip to WDW and saw 3 Diser's. The first one was at Hall of Presidents - she noticed my lime green mickey head on my shirt and then I met another at Epcot passing by who yelled out "Hey Diser!" and then not even 15 minutes later another came up to me at Le Cellier during lunch after seeing the lime green mickey. You never know who you will meet - it was great fun!!! :thumbsup2

Great story! I really hope this happens to me, or my Mother is going to send me to the crazy house for all the lime green Mickeys I'll have on me! :rotfl:

ducknturtle
08-23-2006, 07:52 AM
I'm assuming... LGMH = Lime Green Mickey Hat?!?! Is that right? :blush:

If so... can you buy LGMHs at WDW? Where?

Thanks... I'm such a rookie!

Sooze,
Just for your info, if you decide to go to Home Depot, the paint chips are in the Disney paint section and the official colour name is "Alien Green."
I, too, have many of them "burning a hole in my wallet" also, just waiting for our Feb '07 trip.

kimis
08-23-2006, 08:16 AM
Awesome! We will be at POR.

firkat
08-23-2006, 08:26 AM

Love this story. Sounds like it was so much fun!

MinnieMousse
08-23-2006, 10:50 AM

Sorry, I'm new, so I have to ask: what is LMGHPC??? and what is a baggallini??? I am just dying to know. princess:

thebecka
08-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Glendamax we're probably 5 or 6 miles apart-I'm just up route 40 in HoCo near Normandy... It's a small world after all, it's a smal world after all... :rolleyes1

madcat
08-23-2006, 04:20 PM
Hopefully I will meet some on our next trip. :thumbsup2

MinnieMousse
08-23-2006, 04:58 PM
I will definately keep a look out for some lime green! :smokin:
That color has a whole new meaning for me now! :cool1:

Mouse-n-Mini
08-23-2006, 09:49 PM
All dis'ers need to stick one of those alien green paint chips to their shirts/backpacks/strollers/ or whatever so we can spot each other. :thumbsup2

GrumpyLuver
08-23-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm not far from you at all! I live off of Route 40, not far from Double T Diner! :wave2:

Hi Gmax! I'm kind of a neighbor. I live in PA, but I have a boat in Bowley's Marina and I'm there every weekend! :goodvibes

mumto2
08-23-2006, 10:26 PM
After my LGMHPC experience at HD http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=14008305&postcount=99

DH will surely have me committed when we get home otherwise - and since he works for the Dept. of Mental Health, I am pretty sure he knows how to make that happen :blush:

So PUHLEEEEEEEEEZ don't be shy in saying hello should you spot a Disneyholic (DDs term for my condition) with her two equally enthralled children and a somewhat bemused DH displaying Disney-enabling behavior (he'd never admit it publicly, but I know being able to go to WDW with his family is the fulfillment of a dream for him - we were both deprived children whose parents "didn't get Disney.")

Sooze
08-23-2006, 10:42 PM
Okay.. you all have been so helpful... now what about the question of LMGHPC or bagallini?!?! What are those? :confused3

In one week I'll be on my way to the Promised Land!! :banana: My husband and I are having so much trouble focusing! Now we are excited to look for the lime green club.. how fun!

Glendamax
08-24-2006, 01:21 AM
Okay.. you all have been so helpful... now what about the question of LMGHPC or bagallini?!?! What are those?

LMGHPC stands for Lime Green HomeDepot Paint Chips. When you go to the paint section in Home Depot, look in the Disney section and you'll see the Alien Green paint chips that we take.

Bagallini is a type of bag/backpack that people like to carry to the parks. For more info on DIS stuff, check out the thread http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1101903&page=1

The first page will lead you to answers of commonly asked questions.

MinnieMousse
08-24-2006, 12:10 PM
Okay, there are like 900 pages to that thread, and as much as I'd love to, I don't ahve :hourglass to read them all right now, so can someone just give us a quick defenition??? Please! We're dying to know what the heck a bagalini is! :confused3
Just an afterthought, is it that little bag that comes on strings for shoulder straps??? :rolleyes:
Lemmi know, please............................................ ...........

MinnieMousse
08-24-2006, 12:17 PM
I did some more digging and found the link! :cool1:
The bag looks great, but is it big enough to carry everything you would need? I love the idea of a messenger bag because it makes your stuff more accessibile. :love: Going to search for one on sale... ($31 is still a bit steep for me...) :wave:

Glendamax
08-24-2006, 12:25 PM
Glendamax we're probably 5 or 6 miles apart-I'm just up route 40 in HoCo near Normandy... It's a small world after all, it's a smal world after all... :rolleyes1

We'll have to meet at the Diner after my trip so I can tell you all about it!

GrumpyLover - So you sneak over the boarder every weekend huh?

First-timer
08-25-2006, 10:23 PM
After my LGMHPC experience at HD http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=14008305&postcount=99

DH will surely have me committed when we get home otherwise - and since he works for the Dept. of Mental Health, I am pretty sure he knows how to make that happen :blush:

So PUHLEEEEEEEEEZ don't be shy in saying hello should you spot a Disneyholic (DDs term for my condition) with her two equally enthralled children and a somewhat bemused DH displaying Disney-enabling behavior (he'd never admit it publicly, but I know being able to go to WDW with his family is the fulfillment of a dream for him - we were both deprived children whose parents "didn't get Disney.")

oh my that is so funny i read the whole thing just laughing away!!!! you will have to read what my dh wrote in his first thread.... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1024529 im not sure if i can talk him into going again but i sure am!!! vicki

Anc96
08-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Okay.. you all have been so helpful... now what about the question of LMGHPC or bagallini?!?! What are those? :confused3

In one week I'll be on my way to the Promised Land!! :banana: My husband and I are having so much trouble focusing! Now we are excited to look for the lime green club.. how fun!

Newbies check out http://www.disboards.com/showpost.p...&postcount=3232 for a overview of what is on this discussion thread.

Come in to the (Lime) Light!!

helenm29
08-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Nah, I usually see them in the headlights first! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Helen

Alex2kMommy
08-25-2006, 11:48 PM

Mumto2, that is hysterical! I laughed out loud several times, perhaps in recognition and sympathy.

I also jumped at the chance to go to HD with DH (who also looked puzzled, but said, "OK.") I tried to get him to wander off for his retaining wall bricks or whatever those are called, while I tried to find the paint sign, but he insisted I needed to come with him so he could be sure to choose the bricks I like best. (Normally I'd be quite pleased about this, but I just wanted to find the damn paint!)

My patience paid off! After choosing bricks and picking up an order form, DH picked up some other items to purchase, and I spied the paint section! I said, "You go ahead and get in line, I'm going to look at the paint." I dashed off with DS2 and the cart while he stood there with DS6.

And there it was! A bold, bright, beautiful display of Mickey heads! I found Alien Green quickly, and surreptitiously took two! Then I looked around, saw no one was looking at me, so I snatched a couple more. Still plenty left...

"What are you doing?" I jumped! It was DH, and the look on his face read something like, "There is no way in hell I am painting ANYTHING that color!" I stuffed my 4 LGMHPCs into my pocket and we walked to the register while I tried to explain. His expression changed to one of "I really need to get her some professional help."

Well, the line at the register was long, so... I blurted, "I'll be right back" and dashed off. There were all those pretty little Mickey heads again! I didn't want to be obvious and just take more green, so I picked up any color I thought was pretty, reasoning that I could find SOMETHING to do with them. And then I reached for the Alien Green --

"What are you doing?" I jumped! It was DS6. Geez, what is it with these two??? I snapped, "Where's Daddy?" He nodded in the direction of the line at the register. "I'm getting some of these Mickey heads, aren't they cute?"

"Are you going to paint something?" he asked curiously.
"Ummm" I muttered, "No." I looked around, but no one was looking at us. I'm sure I was blushing.

"Well, then why are you getting these?"
"Becuuuuuz..." I intoned just like David Caruso, "I want to make them into something for our trip. Now grab some of those green ones and let's go!"

My haul: Two Mickey Pants, two Rumbly Tumbly, three Laser Beam, one Sonic Boom, one Gamma Sector, two Ariels Afternoon Swim, two Galactic Sky, two Mouse Ears, and scored eight Alien Green Mickey heads. Yeah! :cool1:

Samandmom
08-26-2006, 12:06 AM
Last week either Wednesday or Thursday at MGM I saw a backpack in front of me with the Mickey head on it. I asked DH to tell me what it said on it. He was like I don't know it has some names on it. I then told him that's probaly someone from the dis boards. I told him I was going to ask. He was like no don't do that. :rotfl2: I was going to anyways and before I had a chance they were gone. :teeth:

firkat
08-26-2006, 09:46 AM
Well, you KNOW that if they had a backpack with a mickey head on it, they were one of us!!!! I am debating getting the lime green baggallini or another color. . .

Glendamax
08-26-2006, 06:42 PM
I am debating getting the lime green baggallini or another color. . .

I say get the color you want, so you can use it outside of your Disney trips. This year, I've been so careful to only buy things for my WDW that I know I will use elsewhere.

MinnieMousse
08-28-2006, 10:47 AM
This is why I am debating on the whole Baggalini thing. I don't usually carry a backpack or messenger bag, so if I get something for WDW I want to know that it will be used in the future as well. I am also trying to save as much $ as possible, so I'll have more to spend when I'm there! :cool1: