View Full Version : HydroGuy's Hotel Rule

HydroGuy
08-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Rule

Get a nearby hotel within easy walking distance

Who This Rule Affects

Multi-Day visitors, and Day visitors who must drive a long way and need a hotel

Explanation

After spending oodles of money to visit DLR, why waste time getting back and forth to the parks? And why make it harder to take an afternoon hotel break?

DLR has three resort hotels and numerous good neighbor hotels within easy walking distance to the park gates (5-15 minute walk). If you are getting a hotel, why not stay at one of these?

If you stay at a nearby hotel, you never have to wait for a bus or take time to get back and forth to your car. You just take a short walk. This will help you spend more time at the parks and keep you fresher. It will also help ensure you will get there for park opening which is essential if you want to experience more rides.

On my last trip to DLR I sat with a family on a Grizzly River Run raft who were visiting DLR for three days from Arizona. They chose a Marriott hotel about 1.5 miles from DLR. They decided to use the ART system (www.rideart.org ) for transportation. They told me on the previous two mornings they had had to wait over an hour for a bus to DLR. What a shame to waste this much time they could have spent inside the parks with their children – all because of a poor hotel choice.

Helpful Hotel Links

"How Far Is It?" (shows actual distances in feet from hotels to DLR entrance plaza) www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm060329as

"Walking Distance Accommodations" (shows hotels within walking distance) www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/maps/dl_area/dl_walking_distance_map

"Walking Distance Hotel List w/ discussion & details of hotels" by OnTheRoadAgain http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2796786

"Accomodations Near Disney" - www.accommodationsneardisney.com/Disneyland/default.asp

Anaheim Resort Map - http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30832784&postcount=1

Interactive Map of DLR - http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=33.8092124&lon=-117.9188132&z=19&l=0&m=b

Lots other maps here: MAPS and AERIAL SHOTS + Airport/Transportation Info (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32467208&postcount=3)

Why Did I Post This Rule?

I find myself posting answers to the same question in different threads, and decided to make a list of “rules” to which I or others can quickly link in the future. In addition, the ideas behind the rule are often posted by others so I do not claim originality for the rule.

Other HydroGuy Rules

HydroGuy's Fireworks Rule: www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199851

HydroGuy's High Season/Off Season Tradeoff Rule: www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199852

HydroGuy's How To Avoid Long Lines Rules: www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199856

HydroGuy's Make Sure You Get On Your Favorite Ride Rule: www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199860

HydroGuy's Hotel Rule: www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199862

TheZue
08-18-2006, 07:32 PM
couldn't agree more, it took less time to walk to our hotel at Best Western Park Place Inn than we had spent waiting for catch shuttles or the ART in previous trips. Total time saver and nice knowing in the morning that you are right there :D

Amy&Dan
08-18-2006, 10:46 PM
I agree too! The only time I would not stay right on Harbor, near or at the crosswalk or onsite would be if the hotel had its own, dedicated shuttle. The two that pop to mind with that are the Candy Cane and the Sheraton. And both of those are within walking distance, albeit a bit further. The one time we took the ART it was pain, it fills up fast and the cost adds up. My favorite offsite choice thus far has been the Tropicana. Right at the crosswalk, recently rennovated, free breakfast and reasonable. And five minutes from my room to the turnstiles!

disneychrista
08-19-2006, 12:11 AM
Close hotels are very important. I love being able to walk accross the street and go for a swim, rest or at the end of the day to climb in to bed and sleep. Or better yet get up in the AM and be at the gate in 30 mins (including time getting dressed and a quick breakfast)

lulubelle
08-19-2006, 12:18 AM
Hydro Guy, you are the bomb! :thumbsup2

Thanks for all of your great advice.

CindyH
08-19-2006, 12:29 AM
HydroGuy rules! :cool1: Any more? :goodvibes

Drivercan
10-09-2006, 09:13 PM
What if you don't want to be really close to the park and away from the noise and crowded hotels. We will have a car, are there any decent hotels/vacation condos in decent areas with full kitchens (can't eat restaurant food every day) that are within 15 min drive to DL? Also planning to visit Knott's Berry water park and Legoland. Planning to go June/July 2007.

Thanks!

hlbtimes2
10-09-2006, 10:42 PM
What if you don't want to be really close to the park and away from the noise and crowded hotels. We will have a car, are there any decent hotels/vacation condos in decent areas with full kitchens (can't eat restaurant food every day) that are within 15 min drive to DL? Also planning to visit Knott's Berry water park and Legoland. Planning to go June/July 2007.

Thanks!

I'm sure there are some- but remember that a 15 min drive isnt really going to be 15 min. You are going to have to wait in line to get in to the park garage. Then you have to get out of the garage and to the park. That either means a long walk or a ride on the tram. A 15 min drive means you are looking at 30-45 min to get from the hotel to the gates. A walking distance hotel means you'll be in the park in less then 15. Oh, and leaving the park at closing often means waiting for a tram with room on it, which could take a while.

eduk8r26
10-09-2006, 10:51 PM
The Residence Inn on Clementine has a full kitchen and actually is within walking distance, albeit kind of a long walk, but it's a nice place. The Residence Inn farther down on Harbor isn't quite walking distance, but has a nice breakfast with quite a few choices.

Echo queen
10-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the info :grouphug: I read all of your links :wizard:

woody73
10-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Good advice.

Woody

Rella Bella
10-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Hydro Guy, you are the bomb! :thumbsup2

Thanks for all of your great advice.
Yah, what she said!
You're the best! And your rules are too!! :thumbsup2

HydroGuy
10-10-2006, 11:55 AM

Thanks!
I'm sure there are some- but remember that a 15 min drive isnt really going to be 15 min. You are going to have to wait in line to get in to the park garage. Then you have to get out of the garage and to the park. That either means a long walk or a ride on the tram. A 15 min drive means you are looking at 30-45 min to get from the hotel to the gates. A walking distance hotel means you'll be in the park in less then 15. Oh, and leaving the park at closing often means waiting for a tram with room on it, which could take a while.Linda is right on. You need to think in terms of "how long does it take to get from my hotel room door the the DLR gates", not "how long does it take to drive". With a nearby hotel it is 5-15 minutes hotel door-to-gate. With a car where you are 15 minutes away, it could be close to an hour. Each way. Plus you will make it harder to take an afternoon break, in which case you will probably not take a break.

If you are going during a busier time, here is what will likely happen if you stay 15 minutes away by car:

1. Even if you try very hard you will likely not be able to get to the parks when they open. Plus the extra time in the morning means you will need to wake up 45 minutes earlier.

2. So you will probably show up 1-2 hours late at the parks.

3. Since it is such a hassle to get back to the hotel, you will probably not do so and will stay at DLR all day. If you do decide to go back to the hotel, you will need to subtract another 60-120 minutes extra travel time from your day.

4. If you do not take a break, you will be tired in the evening and will want to return to the hotel early.

5. Bottom line, you will put your park visiting hours squarely in the busiest time of the day at DLR (and wait in longer lines for everything) and/or subtract 1-2 hours of available time to spend in the parks. Most people do exactly the above, and people like me are glad because it makes it easier for me to fit in 2-3 times as many rides as the late arrivers/early departers. The average DLR guest experiences 8-9 rides per day. Without even trying hard we do 15-25 rides per day during high season days just because we arrive at the parks early and stay until closing, and take a 4-5 hour break mid-day when the lines are longest.

On another note I have never found the hotels around DLR "noisy" - and Anaheim is crowded no matter where you go. I doubt you are going to find a place 15 minutes away that is less crowded than around DLR.

If you want to go to Knotts and LegoLand, then you can change hotels or just launch from your hotel near DLR.

Whatever you decide, have a great trip.

HydroGuy
10-10-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm sure there are some- but remember that a 15 min drive isnt really going to be 15 min. You are going to have to wait in line to get in to the park garage. Then you have to get out of the garage and to the park. That either means a long walk or a ride on the tram. A 15 min drive means you are looking at 30-45 min to get from the hotel to the gates. A walking distance hotel means you'll be in the park in less then 15. Oh, and leaving the park at closing often means waiting for a tram with room on it, which could take a while.Linda, obviously I agree with you. To be more specific, here are some estimated time frames:

Option 1: Stay at DLR hotel or neaby good neighbor within walking distance

Time it takes once you leave your hotel room door until you are at the DLR gates - can be as short as 5 minutes if you stay right there on Harbor or at the GCH. Lots of options to be within a 10 minute walk. See my links in the OP.

Summary: 5-15 minutes each way

Option 2: Stay at a hotel 15 minutes away by car

5 minutes from hotel room to car
15 minutes to drive to DLR
10 minutes waiting in line to pay for parking and get into parking structure
5 minutes to get parked
5 minutes to walk to the tram
5 minutes to wait for a tram, have it fill up, and start moving
5 minute tram ride
5 minutes to walk to DLR gate from tram

Summary: 55 minutes each way

Option 3: Stay at a hotel further away and travel by bus or shuttle

5 minutes from hotel room to bus or shuttle stop
0-60 minutes waiting for bus or shuttle
15-30 minutes travel to DLR (how many stops will you make if you are on a bus?)
5 minute walk to DLR gates

Summary: 25-100 minutes each way

And you just do not know how long you will have to wait - you are at someone else's mercy here.

Option 4: Stay at a hotel further away and take a taxi

5 minutes from hotel room to bus or shuttle stop
15 minutes travel to DLR
5 minute walk to DLR gates

Summary: 25 minutes each way

Concluding thoughts... When you are at DLR, time is at a premium. 30-60 minutes wasted in the morning can dramatically affect how much you can experience that day and how much time you will spend waiting in lines. An extra 1-2 hours a day spent commuting to DLR is 1-2 hours you will not be spending inside the parks with your family and friends.

When spending several thousand dollars on a DLR vacation, why waste time and put yourself behind the eight ball when you do not need to?

If you must stay 15 minutes away from DLR, by all means forget driving your car to the parks or taking a bus or shuttle. Get a taxi. Pay them $25 each way and they can take you to the DLR gate. At least that way you can get the hotel door to DLR gate down to 25 minutes if your hotel is 15 minutes away (see Option 4). Sure it will cost you $50 per day for a taxi round trip - $100 per day if you take a hotel break. But that is out of thousands of dollars already spent. It is peanuts, and will make your days more enjoyable and less stressful.

thmar
10-10-2006, 12:25 PM
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

BriarRosie
10-11-2006, 01:10 AM
I liked Candy Cane for its dedicated shuttle service. Normally, I wouldn't
mind walking, but it was 2003 and 100 degrees every day of my trip.

Not only did Candy Cane have an air conditioned shuttle, it was
timed , meaning you know exactly when to catch it at the
park or at the hotel.

It would leave the hotel on the hour and half hour, and it would leave
the park shuttle area on the 15 and 45 minutes of each hour. This saved
me a lot of waiting time for a shuttle.

Oh, and I loved the chocolate muffins on their continental breakfast. :cloud9:

fabshelly
10-11-2006, 04:07 AM
I liked Candy Cane for its dedicated shuttle service. Normally, I wouldn't
mind walking, but it was 2003 and 100 degrees every day of my trip.

Not only did Candy Cane have an air conditioned shuttle, it was
timed , meaning you know exactly when to catch it at the
park or at the hotel.

It would leave the hotel on the hour and half hour, and it would leave
the park shuttle area on the 15 and 45 minutes of each hour. This saved
me a lot of waiting time for a shuttle.

Oh, and I loved the chocolate muffins on their continental breakfast. :cloud9:

When are you coming back?

BriarRosie
10-11-2006, 01:42 PM
When are you coming back?

Well....considering that I'm not going back to WDW until NEXT October,
I don't think I'm returning to DLR until.....2008 :eek:

I have only taken three trips to DLR, but there's always room for more!
If they build a DVC resort at DLR....that might make me go to DLR sooner!

disneegrl4eva
10-11-2006, 02:59 PM
thanks hydroguy! :goodvibes

disneyfan67
03-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Just want to subscribe to a good information thread.:thumbsup2

DizLushLvr
03-29-2007, 12:24 AM
This thread is great! Thanks for the info!

ziggy 64
05-01-2007, 05:38 PM
THANK YOU !!! :thumbsup2 great advice esp for newbies like me.....

Judy from Boise
05-01-2007, 07:28 PM
The only caution I would add is we use the term "hotel" very freely when refering to most of the lodging choices on Harbor blvd..........

HydroGuy
05-01-2007, 07:37 PM
The only caution I would add is we use the term "hotel" very freely when refering to most of the lodging choices on Harbor blvd..........LOL, I agree and after 44 years am still not exactly sure what a hotel is. My mother always told me that a motel was single level, and a hotel was two levels or more. In any case, Judy is quite correct that there are a variety of lodging types around DLR, which some might not consider to be true hotels.

Judy from Boise
05-01-2007, 11:16 PM
well, since I been around for 45 years......I'll add that Hotels typically have interior corridors, and motels don't....hotels have dedicated (usually out of sight) parking, and motels or Motor Inns it is integrated into the lodging units.

Maybe someone 46 or above can add more ;)

please understand that even some of the most highly reccomended "hotels" have motel like features.

Mary Jo
05-02-2007, 01:19 AM
well, since I been around for 45 years......I'll add that Hotels typically have interior corridors, and motels don't....hotels have dedicated (usually out of sight) parking, and motels or Motor Inns it is integrated into the lodging units.

Maybe someone 46 or above can add more ;)

please understand that even some of the most highly reccomended "hotels" have motel like features.

Shoot, I fall into that category since I had my birthday last month ;)

A hotel, is as you say... usually it's one multi-leveled structure with a lobby, and then interior corridors. Parking is usually in a lot, or underground. There are usuall one or two entrances. Examples are: Sheraton (both), Clarion, Marritt, Hyatt, Hilton, etc. A motel is a structure that has 1-3 stories, though some near DLR have up to 5 stories. Parking is around the perimeter of the motel, near the rooms. Corridors are usually exterior, and there are several entries (end of each corridor usually). Examples would be: Carousel Inn, BW Park Place Inn, Candy Cane, Ramada Maingate, Tropicana, etc.

Some properties are kind of in between, like Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn Maingate... I prefer to use the term property instead of hotel/motel.

Judy from Boise
05-02-2007, 01:54 AM
ahhh the wisdom of the aged ........

Happy Belated B-day Mary Jo! :)

that is a great habit to refer to them as "properties". I think the Harbor blvd properties are a great value.....I just think we set people up sometimes by using the Disney speak "Good neighbor Hotels". In my mind i would be asking where is the valet ?

HydroGuy
05-02-2007, 03:02 PM
I know I am the youngest here ;) , but I just have a hard time looking at a multi-floor Fairfield Inn or Best Western and calling it a "motel". Not that I am saying either of you are wrong, but my mother's definition must be deep in my brain. I understand that there is a difference between interior hallways vs. external access to rooms, etc. But I still can't call the Fairfield or BW a motel. Oh well.

teacups
05-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Hydroguy... can you do anything about all those silly hotel names that are oh-so-similar and misleading?? How confusing to a non-expert! I mean, calling a place "maingate" in any way when it's atually a 15 minute walk is pushing the honesty bar. I agree with previous posters... you ROCK! Always SO helpful!! :thumbsup2

HydroGuy
05-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Hydroguy... can you do anything about all those silly hotel names that are oh-so-similar and misleading?? How confusing to a non-expert! I mean, calling a place "maingate" in any way when it's atually a 15 minute walk is pushing the honesty bar. I agree with previous posters... you ROCK! Always SO helpful!! :thumbsup2That would be a good thread for a sticky. Maybe it already exists. If not, someone should post the acronyms commonly used for the "hotels" ;) around DLR.

In my OP Bret's link lists actual hotel names, so that may help some people.

leslie_537
05-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Wow in the little time I have been here I think Hydro Guy has all the answers!

HydroGuy
05-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Wow in the little time I have been here I think Hydro Guy has all the answers!:eek: That is highly doubtful. I will gladly settle for helping others have the most magical DLR experience possible. :goodvibes

Judy from Boise
05-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Well you have certainly done that in Spades ! :)

Cannot_Wait_4Disney
05-03-2007, 12:24 AM
A hotel is an establishment that offers lodging.

A motel is a establishment that offers lodging (ie a hotel) where the rooms have direct access to a parking lot.

All motels are also hotels. But not all hotels are motels.

The word is simply a combination of motor and hotel.

Of course what constitutes direct access is open for interpretation and many hybrid designs are hard to classify. But by the definition, I would argue, a 5 story structure, even with exterior hallways does not constitute direct access to the parking lots. Also a hotel like Pop Century. We don't think of this as a motel. Yet if one defined a motel by exterior hallways, one would have to classify it as such. But because most of its rooms do not have direct access to a parking lot, it is not.

fairykin
01-19-2009, 08:44 AM
Wow... i find the times for A.R.T. travel to be be quite short and they have so many allotted shuttles that the stops are few and the arrival to the parks in a timely manner.

We only stay at hotels with A.R.T....and particularly only stay at those with quick easy locations of A.R.T.

Then again... we travel with multigenerations on our Disneyland trips.. and after walking through multiple airports ..they enjoy the short shuttle ride to the parks.

Also.. for $4 .. it's a bargain to be able to go back and forth to the park as many times as you wish during the day and night.

We like A.R.T. ...it's so nice late at night after a busy day of walking the parks to wander out to the benches and find your shuttle then be taken back to the hotel. Especially in cold or wet weather..during a christmas trip... or off season.:goodvibes

DisneySuiteFreak
01-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Rule

Disneyland Resort Information: www.*****************

Hydroguy, could you post this link perhaps like www dot fillintheblank dot com so we can copy/paste it? Thanks!

HydroGuy
01-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Hydroguy, could you post this link perhaps like www dot fillintheblank dot com so we can copy/paste it? Thanks!dl resort info dot com without spaces.

I think they got in trouble with DIS for being too commercial on the forums and were banned.

DisneySuiteFreak
01-05-2010, 06:51 PM
dl resort info dot com without spaces.

I think they got in trouble with DIS for being too commercial on the forums and were banned.

Thanks Hydroguy!

Judy from Boise
01-05-2010, 08:50 PM
and weren't we all young when this thread was first posted ;)

DLR29
01-05-2010, 09:32 PM
and weren't we all young when this thread was first posted ;)

:lmao: I was just barely a teenager! :rotfl2:

femommy
01-24-2010, 12:39 AM
Hydroguy you have the best answers always!

Leofoenget
01-24-2010, 01:25 AM

Thanks!

Once we stayed at the Embassy Suites out by the SNA airport. It was about 15 mins away. I won't do that again. On the 3rd day, my DS and DH took the Embassy Suites shuttle to the parks and it was ok but they did not make rope drop and they had to wait for the bus which made many stops. IMO with parking the way it is now, I vote for walking distance every time

geekypeach
01-24-2010, 11:31 AM
*Subscribing* Thanks!

Mouse13
08-12-2010, 10:37 PM
We've made several trips to DLR and have always stayed within walking distance. For our next trip we're considering the Residence Inn Garden Grove. Does anyone how the Toy Story lot parking and tram ride compares time wise to the other Disney lots? I thought it might be a little less of a time waster in the morning but wanted to check with all you experts. Thanks!

sportbettor
08-12-2010, 10:55 PM
I kinda agree with Hydroguy but if its significantly cheaper we will drive or use ART. And personally once you decide to drive I don't think its that big a difference if you are a 10min drive or 20 min drive away. You just have to factor all that time in.

We've made several trips to DLR and have always stayed within walking distance. For our next trip we're considering the Residence Inn Garden Grove. Does anyone how the Toy Story lot parking and tram ride compares time wise to the other Disney lots? I thought it might be a little less of a time waster in the morning but wanted to check with all you experts. Thanks!

We have been staying in Garden Grove for the last week. What Ive decided about the Toy Story lot is that if we are going to be leaving at anytime near closing we will not park in that lot because it is a zoo trying to get onto the busses at closing. Also the lot is not open early so if we go for rope drop we park at Mickey and Friends.

However if you are going mid day and leaving before closing then Toy story is good to park. The bus takes slightly longer than the tram but not terribly longer. If you factor in the extra time it will take to get to Mickey and Friends its quicker to park there.

Mouse13
08-13-2010, 06:22 AM
We have been staying in Garden Grove for the last week. What Ive decided about the Toy Story lot is that if we are going to be leaving at anytime near closing we will not park in that lot because it is a zoo trying to get onto the busses at closing. Also the lot is not open early so if we go for rope drop we park at Mickey and Friends.

However if you are going mid day and leaving before closing then Toy story is good to park. The bus takes slightly longer than the tram but not terribly longer. If you factor in the extra time it will take to get to Mickey and Friends its quicker to park there.

sportbettor, thanks so much for the info! I didn't realize that the Toy Story lot wasn't open all the time. Although we rarely stay until closing time, it's a must for us to be there before opening. I really don't want to go the ART route, so I think I'll be booking another hotel within walking distance. This info has a huge impact on our plans and I can't thank you enough for responding to my post! Love the DisBoard folks!

DizDragonfly
08-31-2010, 09:18 PM
The topic of where it stay has been making me crazy! We are staying at VGC for the first several days of our trip and then decided to add on four more nights in Anaheim. I considered the Castle Inn, but then read some pretty bad reviews and when I saw that it was on the other side of the Anaheim Plaza, I knew it was going to be further than we wanted to walk. So, I booked rooms at the Del Sol Inn. Now I'm reading bad and lukewarm reviews from there. So, I booked at Park Vue, which has great reviews. But, because they are sold out of two room suites and we need two rooms, it's a lot more than I wanted to spend ... like twice as much! Which has me considering trying a Priceline bid closer to our trip. But, then we'll get someplace further away and have to drive (and pay parking, and not get the free breakfast and social night dinner). :scared1: Ugh! I'm going to keep trying Park Vue's website and hope someone cancels their suite.

LisainCalifornia
08-31-2010, 10:15 PM
True, but if you are someone who typically stays on site--like me (DLH addict that I am) then ther are some things you should know. First of all, nothing is like a resort hotel. If you go in with the expectation that it will be just as good, then you will disappointed.

Next. Hojo's is very clean and acceptable. I thought since that was true, that Best Western Park Place Inn would be the same. This is not TRUE. It was a dumpy, despressing hovel in my opinion! Not exactly sprinkled with pixie dust, if you catch my drift. It didn't matter that it was on the crosswalk, because it just wasn't right for us. Howard Johnson's deserves it rightful place in second best to the resorts for this reason, I think.

skiingfast
08-31-2010, 10:18 PM
The topic of where it stay has been making me crazy! We are staying at VGC for the first several days of our trip and then decided to add on four more nights in Anaheim. I considered the Castle Inn, but then read some pretty bad reviews and when I saw that it was on the other side of the Anaheim Plaza, I knew it was going to be further than we wanted to walk. So, I booked rooms at the Del Sol Inn. Now I'm reading bad and lukewarm reviews from there. So, I booked at Park Vue, which has great reviews. But, because they are sold out of two room suites and we need two rooms, it's a lot more than I wanted to spend ... like twice as much! Which has me considering trying a Priceline bid closer to our trip. But, then we'll get someplace further away and have to drive (and pay parking, and not get the free breakfast and social night dinner). :scared1: Ugh! I'm going to keep trying Park Vue's website and hope someone cancels their suite.

The Castle is the only one that needs to repair its reputation before I'd consider it.

Del Sol was fine for me, I was delighted in the value considering that I got a much better rate their than its neighboors. I've stayed in worse many times.

Suites are tough so you may need to take what you can get.

DizDragonfly
09-01-2010, 02:01 AM
If you go in with the expectation that it will be just as good, then you will disappointed.

<snip>
Howard Johnson's deserves it rightful place in second best to the resorts for this reason, I think.

Nope, no worries that I'll be comparing VGC with anything else. LOL We wouldn't be staying there if we hadn't bought DVC earlier this year. :goodvibes HoJos has no rooms with two beds left for my dates ... I know, I can't believe it either. I know it's CP weekend, but yeesh! We actually have a kids suite booked at HoJos for the same dates we're at VGC (+1). I've been holding on to it because I wanted to be able to switch dates for after our VGC stay, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'll probably make someone's day when I open those days back up for the kids suite. LOL

Del Sol was fine for me, I was delighted in the value considering that I got a much better rate their than its neighboors. I've stayed in worse many times.

Suites are tough so you may need to take what you can get.

Good to know, thanks! I think you are right about the suites. But I won't give up all hope just yet. I'm still more than 90 days out and miracles happen, right? :thumbsup2

CrazyDuck
09-01-2010, 05:21 AM
We are staying at VGC for the first several days of our trip and then decided to add on four more nights in Anaheim.

Ever think about adding nights prior to your stay at VGC? Ya know... Save the best for last! :thumbsup2

DizDragonfly
09-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Ever think about adding nights prior to your stay at VGC? Ya know... Save the best for last! :thumbsup2

I thought about it, but we can't change our VGC dates. The dates before are the week of Thanksgiving and the DH is locked in to his vacation dates. So, I did think about it, but it's not possible. :sad2: