PDA

View Full Version : Who's sailing JAN 19th seven day

Gretel
11-06-2001, 08:53 AM
I have looked at the offical list, but sometimes people do not add it for one reason or another.
We are so excited!

We will be there.......hope to see you all

Mark Lisa Caitlin Emilee

MNmom
11-06-2001, 09:26 AM
We will be there too!!!

gretel- I guess a Caribbean cruise is a great thing to do in Jan. when you are from MN!!

I am taking my mother and 2DDs (5 & 8). We are leaving DH and DS (1.5) home. This is a girls trip!!!

Would love to meet others from the DIS on the ship.

Is anybody staying at the Radisson the night before?

Happy Cruisin' MNmom:jester:

SC Minnie
11-06-2001, 09:44 AM
We will be there too! Just a little over 2 months to go! Can't wait!!!

Me, DH, and DD (7).

We have learned so much from these boards and would love to get together. We have reservations at the Radison but may end up staying elsewhere if we can get a better rate. We are driving down so don't need the car rental return and we can park at the port. Haven't completely decided.

IrishCowboy
11-06-2001, 01:53 PM
Counting down the days to our cruise! We're flying in on Friday and will be staying at the Radisson.

Bill
Vicki
Autumn (11)
Billy (5)

IrishCowboy
11-06-2001, 01:54 PM
SC Minnie,
Don't forget, if you stay at the Radisson, you can park your car at the Hotel for free.

SC Minnie
11-06-2001, 03:14 PM
Irish Cowboy,

We have found some cheaper rates in Cocoa Beach but adding the parking charges at the port are a wash with the Radison. But if we park at the port we don't have to wait on the shuttle. I do like to fact of staying at the Radison and meeting up with people before the cruise. Still undecided.

Gretel
11-06-2001, 07:15 PM
Looks like we should have choosen the 26th that cruise is $1000 cheaper............bummer

Boardwalk III
11-06-2001, 09:04 PM
We are sailing 1/19 also - this is our first Disney Cruise. Myself, husband, and two sons , ages 10 and 12 - can't wait - being from Boston, January is a great time to get away!

Poohbr618
11-06-2001, 10:17 PM
We will be sailing also! Myself, DH, DD 5 and My parents. We too will be staying at the Radission also. Stayed there last time and loved it! Can't wait........:D

IrishCowboy
11-06-2001, 10:48 PM
Gretel,
Your right....I wonder why it is $1000 cheaper for the Jan 26 cruise?

Pluto4President
11-07-2001, 07:26 AM
Don't forget me! DW DS8 DD 5.

I found out that because 1/19 is MLK Bday week it's a holiday cruise. That's why it's up.

Gretel
11-07-2001, 09:36 AM
Ok now that I am over the shock of paying $100 more than if I went a week later I am doing the happy dance again....this vacation can not get here soon enough..........we need it sooooooooooo bad! Happy sailing!

MNmom
11-07-2001, 04:15 PM
Looks like we have quite a group staying at the Radisson on Fri. night!!! It would be great to meet up with some of you that night. My DDs (5 and 8) would love to meet some other kids too!!

Does anyone know how late the pool is open?

I hope it is not too cold. My kids would love to take a swim after a long day of traveling but we won't get in until 7:30pm. If there is availability we will fly in on the earlier flight and get in at 5pm.

We are so excited. Does anyone have a countdown number of days? I think it is 72 or close to that. WOW Can't wait:D

albiats
11-07-2001, 04:27 PM
My DW and I will be on the Jan 19th 7 day cruise. We're celebrating our 32nd Wedding Anniversary, no children with us.

We'll be driving to the Port on the morning of the cruise.

NCRedding
11-08-2001, 02:05 PM
As Irish Cowboy said in a post above--CHECK YOUR RATES. Looks as though your price just went down too--on the disney site it matches the 1/26. Maybe you'll all have extra spending money for the trip. I'm getting a quote and may be on the ship with you.

Gretel
11-08-2001, 09:38 PM
I have been bouncing around the house all night. I cant believe I saved that much money...........la la la la la YIPEE!

Jhalkias
11-08-2001, 11:15 PM
We just switched on Monday to the Jan 19th cruise because of the $99 deal - (we were on the 24th 3 day Wonder). I hope we can now get an even BETTER deal.

Looks like a Fun Ship!

We were supposed to fly in the 19th and stay at WDW before our 3 day, but may have to change plans because I do not know if I trust a 1:00 pm arrival to get to the port.

John
Amy
Alex (boy - 14)
Sophia (23 months)

Can't wait - our first 7 Day!

Will there be a DIS meet on board?:pinkbounc

disny4ever
11-09-2001, 07:21 AM
Congrats on your celebration...32 years is fantastic. My DW and I along with friends will be aboard both celebrating 25 anniversaries. Can't think of a better way !!! see you there.

:bounce: :) :bounce:

SC Minnie
11-09-2001, 08:26 AM
Thanks to IrishCowboy for posting the thread about the rate reductions for our cruise. We had an e-mail from DU last night saying we are saving another $500 on top of the $600 Sunshine Sailaway!!! We then decided to upgrade to cat 6 and are still saving a total of $800! More $$ for shopping, spa, drinks, etc...!!!

By the way congrats to everyone celebrating anniversaries on the cruise! We will be celebrating our 10th. Went to St Thomas on our honeymoon and it will be nice to go back 10 years later with our daughter.

This will be our first cruise!

jmunutt
11-09-2001, 04:25 PM
Sorry I'm a bit late. We just booked the cruise, and I usually check the boards when planning what to do. I am travelling with DH and DD (7). We haven't decided when we are coming down, but will probably stay at the Radisson. DH stays there alot on business trips. Can't wait to cruise!

Debby
Paul
Caitlyn:wave:

pmgreene
11-09-2001, 08:45 PM
Thanks to all the GREAT tips about the price reductions this week it looks like we will be going on the 1/19 also! It will be me, DS and DD (8 and 6) and my mom. Someone else said they were going with their mother so maybe we can get the "grandmas" together. We'll probably be driving in that morning. Will confirm details this week. Unbelivable that we get to go again so soon after the October trip - and for a steal of a price under $2400 for 2 adults/2 kids cat. 6!!!!!!!!!!!

Maggie

Gretel
11-10-2001, 12:59 AM
Anyone have an 11 year old DD going?

IrishCowboy
11-10-2001, 01:38 AM
Gretel,
I have 11 year old DD, Autumn. She loved the kids club last cruise and I'm sure she'll spend lots of time at the kids club on this one too!

Gretel
11-10-2001, 09:30 AM
IrishCowboy-that is great. I remember now you saying before you had a 11 DD. I also have a 13 year old DD......................

MNmom
11-10-2001, 09:22 PM
pmgreene & everyone else!!

Yes, I am the one also sailing with my mother!! I am taking her and my DDs (5 &8) as a thank you for all the times she has stayed with my kids. DH and DS (2) will be home having a boys week. I really am looking forward to meeting the DIS group and hope our kids will all get a chance to hook up.

I am leaving the boards for a week :( to go check out the beautiful island of St. John with my DH :D . We will relax, sleep, swim and snorkel for 6 beautiful days. If anyone has any questions about this island I am sure I will become very familiar with it in the next week. I would love to answer any questions about beaches, snorkeling spots or transportation.

I will return on the 18th and check back.

MickeyMagic
11-17-2001, 01:58 PM
I had no intention of going on a cruise this year (going to WDW in March). I bounce around these boards occasionally to see what's new, and came across the January special. Next thing I know -- my 9-year-old daughter and I are booked on the 1-19-02 sailing of the Magic!!

We have been on the Magic twice before - 3-day back in August '99 and 4-day in February 00. We took a 5-day Carnival cruise in January 01. I was beginning to exhibit cruise withdrawal symptoms, but this 7-day cruise is just the cure I needed! And we will finally get on the Wonder when we take our 3-day cruise in the fall.

Looking forward to meeting some other DISers!
MickeyMagic

MNmom
11-19-2001, 12:16 AM
I am baaaaack!!! Just back from 6 days on St. John! I would highly recommend everyone to get to this island. Unfortunately, a day trip is not enough time to really see it- I don't think 6 days was long enough either!! But my DH and I have totally fallen in love with St. John and if anyone has any questions I would be glad to help-- maybe I should make this a new thread!?!

Welcome MickeyMagic to the Jan. 19th group. You are right about Jan. being a great time to take a little break from the MN weather. I think there are 3 or 4 of us from MN on this cruise already. I have a DD (almost 9) that is so excited for this cruise she has been practicing snorkeling all summer in the pool.
Are you planning to stay at the Radisson the night before? Would love to have the girls meet before the cruise.

Happy Cruisin' MNmom
:jester:

pmgreene
11-19-2001, 09:30 AM
MNmom --

We are all set for our 1/19 cruise, too! I'm the one that will have my mom along with me and the kids (DS 8 1/2 and DD 6). My mom has never cruised and after we went on and on about the fun we had on our October cruise she was more than ready to go. Maybe we can get a "grandma" group together.... We are from NC so not sure if we'll stop half-way or try to get all the way down on Friday.

Look forward to meeting everyone!

maggie:earsboy:

MNmom
11-19-2001, 11:35 PM
pmgreene-

Would be great to get our MOMS group together. My DM has no idea what to expect on this vacation. I keep talking about everything we could do and she just says "we'll see when we get there". Boy- will she have a lot to see!!!

It would be great to know some others on the ship. Look forward to meeting everyone!!!!

Happy Cruisin' MNmom

IrishCowboy
11-20-2001, 12:57 AM
MNMom,
Will you be going to St John on our cruise? Would you recomment to do the excursion 'on your own' or take the DCL excursion? I understand that it is cheaper and you get more time on ST John if you do it yourself.

DVC Minnie
11-20-2001, 11:43 AM
DH and I will be on board too! Celebrating our 29th anniversary and DH's birthday.

MNmom
11-20-2001, 02:26 PM
DVC Minnie- Welcome to the Jan. 19th gang. We are growing everyday and I can't wait to put some faces to the names!!

Irish Cowboy- I have not decided about going over to St. John again. My DD(8 1/2) really wants to go see the snorkel trail after she saw all of my underwater pictures from my trip last week. But we might just do Coral World and Coki Beach. May depend on the weather or our mood at the time;) (I did buy a family annual pass to the National Park, just in case!!)

I would completely advise anyone to do St. John on your own!!! It is very easy to do- all of the Taxi's have a set rate and are everywhere. And you have sooooo much more time to relax, snorkel, play in the water and even have lunch in Cruz Bay. As long as you make sure to get the 2pm ferry back to St. Thomas you still have over 4 hours on the island.

We took an all day Catamaran Sail/Snorkel trip last Wednesday and we saw the Waylen Sneed (sp?) leaving trunk bay at 1130. Those were all the Magic people returning to the ship! I think I have heard that you get about an hour on the beach with them rounding everyone up after about 45 minutes.

If you have any more questions about the details of going on your own or need any suggestions for lunch just ask.

albiats
11-25-2001, 01:21 AM
I checked the relative availabilty of cabins a few days before the final payment was due for our Jan 19th cruise and some categories were grayed out.

Now that I've made our final payment, I checked the realtive availability again this evening and now all categories are available again. However, the price is no longer at the same bargain basement levels that they were, they look to be $800 higher now.

I'm getting quite an education on DCL pricing practices for this cruise. I would think that since it is now under 60 days for the cruise that they would be interested in booking any cabins that were released by people that had to cancel, and would lower the price. Apparently, they have a good booking pace for last minute cruisers and they don't have to rely on sales like that.

Oh yes, I almost forgot, my Countdown Timer says it is this long until our cruise:

It is now Sunday 11/25/2001 at 1:14:36 AM EST.
Event: DCL 7 Day Cruise January 19, 2002
Scheduled For 01/19/2002 04:59 PM
1 month 24 days 15 hours 44 minutes 24 seconds or
7 weekends or
55 days or
1,335 hours (890 waking hours) or
80,144 minutes or
4,808,663 seconds

Gretel
11-25-2001, 01:40 AM
I checked the avaiability too. Three days before final payment there were three Cat 3's left. Two days after final payment they were gone. I was wondering if anyone got an upgrade. Our cruise price now is $1200 more than what we paid.

IrishCowboy
11-25-2001, 11:18 AM
Gretel,
How did you determine how many rooms were available?

Albiats,
Thanks for the countdown!

Gretel
11-25-2001, 12:59 PM
IrishCowboy.............I actually called DCL and had the CM check different categories. We got upgraded form a Cat 5 to a 4:)

castawayfan
11-25-2001, 01:32 PM
Hi Everyone,

We will be on the Jan 19 also, DH, DD (10) and me! This is our first 7 day cruise. We just did the 4 day last April and again in October and had planned to do the 7 day in April but the price was so cheap and combined with the $99 deal we just could not pass it up. Plus, anything to get out of the frozen north in January! We are flying in the day of the cruise - lots of nerves on my part about bad weather and missing the boat, but it was the only way to get DH to go (less days off work and less days DD misses school). Anyone with school age kids concerned about them missing a week? Hope to see you all there and it will be here before we know it - can't wait!!

Jhalkias
11-25-2001, 03:44 PM
Castaway fan-

Because of MLK Day and an inservice day, my son (14) will only be missing three days of school. We originally planned to be on a 3 day this week - and the rest at WDW, but could also not pass up the deal to take our first 7 day. Since he is a straight A student, I consider this a good reward for being a good student!

Every parent makes their own decision, but I have never hesitated to let my son miss a bit of school once a year for some quality family time and memories that we all will never forget!

Can't wiat to try and figure out what we will all do with 7 days -and this is the first cruise with our baby (23 mos). Anyone else out there on the boards have a teen going along? - I am trying to find him some company before we leave -although I am certain (from previous experience on the Wonder) that he will have no trouble once on board!

tlw
11-25-2001, 09:16 PM
:confused:

tlw
11-25-2001, 09:26 PM
:confused: As you can tell I am completely confused. This is my first time on a discussion board and my first time on a cruise. My husband, two daughters (11 months and 8 years) and I are going on January 19th. So far I have gleaned some very valuable info from this board; fly in the day before, drive to Cape Canaveral and stay at the Radisson. Also I learned that we should rent our car from Avis because there is a drop off desk at the Radisson. Can anyone give us any more valuable info for a first time cruiser.

MNmom
11-25-2001, 11:21 PM
tlw- welcome to the Jan. 19th cruise group!! I also have a DD(8) and will be staying at the Radisson the night before- maybe we can all hook up that night.

Sounds like you have the important stuff for getting to the ship. I would also suggest you have some idea about whether or not you are going to go to Palo's and on which night (may depend on which dining rotation you get). Also, if you are interested in any of the spa services you should know which days and general times are your preference. And finally if you are planning to do any of the shore excursions. These three things you will need to get ressie's for as soon as you get on the ship (or as soon as they start taking ressie's--usually around 1245 or 1pm) This is known as the "ressie scramble" and it really helps to have an idea of what your preferences are.

After these are done it is time to RELAX and enjoy the cruise:cool:

Oh yeah- Until the cruise, keep reading these boards and ask any questions you might have. The folks here are very helpful and always kind.

IrishCowboy
11-26-2001, 01:17 AM
Castaway Fan,
Because of the holiday, my DD (age 11 5th grade) will only miss 4 days of school. I hate for her to miss that many days but I figure she won't miss too much. We'll get her assignments before we leave.

TLW,
Welcome...glad to have you with us! You find many helpful tips on this board.

pmgreene
11-26-2001, 07:50 AM
TLW --

Check out this website for some GREAT DCL cruising tips:

http://members.aol.com/entropym/pages/index.htm

See you on the 19th.

maggie

SC Minnie
11-26-2001, 12:07 PM
I am glad to see there will be quite a few kids on our cruise. I was a little concerned when we booked the cruise for January because it is not a school vacation week. We are also taking our DD(7) out of school for 4 days ( 1 day is MLK holiday). She hasn't missed any days so far this year and I think family time is very important.

8 weeks to go!!!

DVC Minnie
11-26-2001, 12:38 PM
We can now prebook Disney shore excursion.

Call DCL Special Services Desk at 1-877-566-0968 to book your excursion. If you do not have shore excursion information, they will fax you a copy. Your excursions will be charged to your shipboard account. Cancellation policy is 7 days before sail date.

We booked Golden Eagle Catamaran for St. Maarten and will do our own thing in St. Thomas/St. John.

SC Minnie
11-26-2001, 02:26 PM
DVC Minnie

We prebooked our excursions last week and are also doing to Golden Eagle Catamaran in St Maarten. We are going on the first one in the morning( don't remember the time).

castawayfan
11-26-2001, 06:30 PM
DVCMinnie and SCMinnie,

We are also doing Golden Eagle first thing in the morning. See you there!!!

Boardwalk III
11-26-2001, 10:20 PM
Hi all!

Is anyone doing the afternoon (12:45) Golden Eagle? I just booked it - we have two boys, ages 12 and 10. Hope to see some of you there!

Towncrier
11-26-2001, 10:58 PM
We're going to be on the Jan 19th cruise!!! I cannot believe it. We've got our plane tickets and are waiting to finalize details with Dreams Unlimited as to our room. So we'll see you there. It will be a blast to see just how much has changed on the 7-night cruise since the inaugural sailing in August 2000.

We are myself (John), DW Sue, MIL Marge, DS James (14yo) and DD Sarah (12yo). This is going to be our Christmas present to the kids. They are going to flip.

Jhalkias - Even though we are practically neigbors here in NE Ohio, I think it will be a blast to finally meet you and your family aboard the Magic.

Jhalkias
11-26-2001, 11:10 PM
Towncrier-

Great News!

Perhaps our sons can get together! Can't wait to meet you and your family. We are spending the night at the GF the night before and the night after. (long story - originally booked with DVC and cancelled due to great deals from DU - so . . . I had 198 RES points to burn) We are renting a car from Avis to drive to and from.

Let us know what category you are in, and what stateroom. We are in Cat 4 - toward the rear of the ship. Are you on early dining rotation?

We are counting the days - what a great time to get out of NE Ohio!

Now I have to decide if we want to look into excursions now - did not originally know you could pre-book.

Towncrier
11-27-2001, 06:31 AM
We might end up in a Cat4 room. It all depends on what DU can work out for us. On our first cruise we were in 8554 (midship). We are waitlisted for the early dining rotation so with a little luck and a lot of pixie dust, we might get in. As soon as I hear back from DU regarding cabin assignments, I'll let you all know.

pmgreene
11-27-2001, 09:57 PM
Towncrier --

"We are myself (John), DW Sue, MIL Marge, DS James (14yo) and DD Sarah (12yo). This is going to be our Christmas present to the kids. They are going to flip. "

My mother is accompanying me and my DS (8) and DD (6) on the Magic 1/19. MNMom will have her mom as well. I've told my mom what a great experience this is and how she'll be able to do whatever she feels like doing. It would be great if we can get some of the mom/MIL's together.

maggie

julie junebug
11-29-2001, 02:14 PM
:) Our family is also cruising Jan. 19th! We're from Minnesota and are looking forward to a warm vacation. We are myself, DH, DD(turning 7 on the cruise!) and DS (18 mo.). I'm a little anxious about bringing a toddler on this trip, but it sounds like there will be plenty to keep him busy.

I'm going to call today to book the Golden Catemaran for myself and my daughter, probably the afternoon trip (during my son's naptime!). I'm very excited about this trip and have spend many hours reading this board and learning so much!

GeorgiaVol
11-29-2001, 03:26 PM
Our first was a 4 day in April 2000, which seems like forever ago. We are finally returning to our long-awaited 7 day with the same friends. Hey, Boardwalk III, we may have to hook up, as we are bringing three boys, ages 9, 10, & 11.

When I told my son's teacher about our trip, she gave me "the look". It was classic!!! At any rate, we aren't letting the kids off the hook entirely, as we will be bringing books and assignments with us. But it's a small price to pay.

MNmom
11-29-2001, 10:23 PM
WOW!!!

We are going to have a great time with all of these DISers on this cruise. Our list is growing every day. Sure hope we can work out a big DIS meet early on in the cruise so we can get to know some of these great people and then see some familiar faces. I know my DM (mom) would love to meet some other "grandmas" on board and I would sure love to have some adult conversation--other than my mother!!

julie junebug- welcome another fellow MN cruiser. (we are not too far from you in Plymouth) I love to come back in Jan. with a great tan. I am also thinking about taking my DD (8) on the Golden Eagle but I think we will do the morning trip and then meet up with my mom and DD (5) for lunch and shopping in the afternoon. Are you flying down the night before? We are, and staying at the Radisson. I think some of us are going to try to meet that night at the pool so we can meet and the kids can swim and get to know each other a bit. I hope it is warm down there in Jan!!

Jhalkias
11-29-2001, 11:17 PM
Dear Julie J,

This is our first cruise with a toddler too - my daughter will be 23 months during this cruise. We too hope that we can keep her occupied and happy for all 7 days - originally we were taking the 3 day Wonder on the same week, but could not pass up the fantastic deals available on the 7 day! I'm sure that we will run into each other at the "Mickey" pool, where I expect I will be spending a lot of time this trip!:smooth:

vnyrdcrsr
11-29-2001, 11:30 PM
We have a group of 6 adults and 10 kids coming - ages range from 2 to 8. Looking forward to fun - with and without the kids!!!
Look for people with Martha's Vineyard T-Shirts;)

Gretel
11-30-2001, 10:22 AM
If anyone wants to email me, I will put together a list of all of us.

Please include names, ages, Cat or Deck # and where you are coming from. Once the list is compiled i can email it back to everyone. I will post a last call date later. You may also want to include your DIS name.

Thanks
Lucy
aka gretel

Lisa

MickeyMagic
11-30-2001, 10:38 AM
Lucy

Thanks so much for doing this. I have sent my info to you and look forward to seeing "the list"!

MickeyMagic

MNmom
12-01-2001, 12:02 AM
Thanks so much for doing this. This is no small task as our list is growing longer and longer every day.

I have sent you my list and look forward to meeting some fellow DISers on this great trip.

Happy Cruisin' MNmom :jester:

MickeyMagic
12-01-2001, 10:03 PM
After seeing that so many of you signed up for the Golden Eagle Catamaran, I did a search and read some posts and it sounds like a blast! My 9-year-old daughter and I are now booked on the morning outing of the Golden Eagle Catamaran, as well.

I'm still deciding about excursions for St. Thomas/St. John. I'm leaning towards just grabbing a cab and going to Magen's Bay on St. Thomas for a while and then maybe taking the tram up to Paradise Point before going back on the ship.

julie junebug -
We are practically neighbors! I live in Vadnais Heights. My daughter goes to Otter Lake Elementary - how about yours?

MickeyMagic

IrishCowboy
12-02-2001, 12:30 PM
I know that there are 2 Golden Eagle catamaran excursions, does anyone know what time they run? I was thinking that since it was January, it might be warmer to do the one in the afternoon.

Also, has anyone done this before? I have 2 children (11 and 5)...will they enjoy it?

Thanks!!!
:) :)

DVC Minnie
12-02-2001, 01:30 PM
The excursion times are 7:45 and 12:45.

We (DH and I) did the Golden Eagle in October 2001 and enjoyed it so much we are doing it again on the January 19 cruise.

We did the morning excursion, returned to the ship to shower and have lunch from room service, and then shopped in St. Maarten until 5:00 p.m. This schedule worked out really well for us.

The parents and kids that we talked with on our return catamaran ride back to the ship from the beach/snorkel portion of our excursion said that they had a great time.

scduckman
12-02-2001, 03:31 PM
I've read that snorkeling is best in the morning and that's why DW and DD 7 and myself are taking the morning excursion. I agree with the previous post that afterwards you can go back to the ship and cleanup for the afternoon,

MickeyMagic
12-02-2001, 07:10 PM
Irish Cowboy,

I thought maybe it would be less windy in the morning so we would have calmer waters to swim, snorkel and sail! But, I really have no idea if that is true!

It seemed like the morning excursion would work well: We would be back to the ship early afternoon, grab a bite to eat, and then head out to do a little shopping.

Hope you'll join us!
MickeyMagic

MNmom
12-02-2001, 10:56 PM
OK- I am convinced!!

I would like to sign up for the morning Golden Eagle with my DD(8.5) but I am not sure how to do this. I have not gotten any docs yet and I have booked through Costco.

Any suggestions?? Thanks

Happy Cruisin' MNmom

scduckman
12-03-2001, 07:29 AM
Call DCL at 877-566-0968 and they can take your excursion reservation. I wouldn't be worried about not receiving your documents yet. From what I've read they normally arrive somewhere between 2 - 5 weeks before the cruise. We're at 6 weeks plus.

Pluto4President
12-03-2001, 11:03 AM
:pinkbounc

julie junebug
12-03-2001, 03:15 PM
Yes MickeyMagic, I'm sure we're almost neighbors! We live just south of Hwy 96, a few stoplights across the freeway from Vadnais Heights. My daughter is in 1st grade at Centerpoint/Parkview school. She doesn't know where we're going on our vacation yet. It's fun giving her hints, but I don't think she even knows a Disney cruise exists! Boy will she be suprised!

Now I'm considering re-booking for the morning catamaran trip instead of the afternoon, since so many people seem to be going then. Too many decisions!

Boardwalk III
12-03-2001, 04:03 PM
Looks like we're the only ones doing the afternoon Golden Eagle! I'm looking forward to sipping drinks as the sun starts to set :) - hopefully the snorkeling will be OK. Georgiavol - yes, we should connect - as I said my boys are 10 and 12 (actually, my 12 year old turns 13 just before the cruise but I am keeping him in the younger group for the kids club). Hopefully we can find a way to meet! Also, Gretel (lucy) - I will e-mail you our info - thanks for making the list for all of us!

Can't wait!!!

Gretel
12-03-2001, 07:03 PM
WOW.......I am counting 20 DIS families on the Jan 19 cruise!

I am making a list (and checking it twice) lol

Lisa (gretel)

jmac
12-03-2001, 08:47 PM
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so I hope I do it right.:rolleyes: My family will also be cruising on Jan. 19th. It will be DH, myself, DD(14), and DS(6). This will be our first 7 day cruise, we were on the Wonder back in May of 2000 and loved it!!!

Also, we will be staying at the Radisson on Friday night. Hope to see some of you there:D

Joni:jester:

Pluto4President
12-03-2001, 09:57 PM
Yes you did it right. Be sure to add your name to the who's cruising list on the top of the cruise line forum page

My count shows us at 16. Who's missing?

Gretel
12-03-2001, 10:33 PM
I am putting together a list of DISers on the Jan 19th cruise. If you have not emailed your info to me yet please do. So far I have:
poohbr618
pmgreene
Jhalkias
MNmom
jmunutt
SC Minnie
Gretel (me)
Boardwalk III
Pluto4President
MickeyMagic
Towncrier
jmac

I still need info on:
IrishCowboy
albiats
disny4ever
DVC Minnie
castawayfan
tlw
julie junebug
GeorgeVol
Vnyrdcrsr

Towncrier
12-04-2001, 09:39 AM
Email sent this morning. See you in January.

It looks like there are a bunch of us from Ohio. Perhaps we should have gotten together and chartered a jet. :)

MickeyMagic
12-04-2001, 09:47 AM
I sent the info again. I think I sent it to the wrong person the first time!

MickeyMagic

DizC1288
12-04-2001, 01:49 PM
You can add me to your list for Jan. 19th cruise....
DH and DD~~13

Looking forward to our cruise

buzz's mom
12-04-2001, 06:01 PM
We will also be going on the 19th. There are 14 of us traveling for a family reunion. 8 adults and 6 kids (13, 9, 5, 4, 23months, and 22 months). My family and my parents will be staying at the Radisson on the 18th. So, please put all of us on the list (four Cat 4 rooms)

Poohbr618
12-04-2001, 07:33 PM
Buzz'sMom, I see your from the Springs! We lived there for 20 yrs before moving to TN. Anybody get their Documents yet? I know its a little early but I see where some sailing the week before have started getting theirs...Just waiting on that Fedex Truck!:D

Gretel
12-04-2001, 09:46 PM
I am putting together a list of DISers on the Jan 19th cruise. If you have not emailed your info to me yet please do. So far I have:
poohbr618
pmgreene
Jhalkias
MNmom
jmunutt
SC Minnie
Gretel (me)
Boardwalk III
Pluto4President
MickeyMagic
Towncrier
jmac
julie junebug

I still need info on:
IrishCowboy
albiats
disny4ever
DVC Minnie
castawayfan
tlw
GeorgeVol
Vnyrdcrsr
buzz's mom
DizC1288

Last count 21.....If I am missing anyone I apologize.
Please send names, ages of children, dining rotation, excursions, Cat or Stateroom number and where you are from. Also some have included where they are staying the night before. It is going to be a great cruise!

Lisa
aka gretel

Jhalkias
12-04-2001, 11:41 PM
Maybe we can have a "Buckeye" DIS meet on the cruise!

:D

Gretel
12-05-2001, 12:00 AM
If anyone has any ideas for a possible meet, please post them. Maybe one of the first few days so the kids can hook up if they want..............

Our list keeps growing!

IrishCowboy
12-06-2001, 11:29 AM
I'm a former buckeye, grew up in Middletown!

Gretel,
I suggest setting up to meets. That way if someone misses the first one, they still have a chance to meet up with everyone.

Possible ideas:
- Friday evening at the Radisson (for those who are staying there)
- Sail away deck party (warning this is very big and its difficult for everyone to get together.)
- Sunday lunch/breakfast

scduckman
12-06-2001, 12:43 PM
Former Buckeye here also. I grew up in Cleveland and lived there for 30 years. I just got tired of the winters. I don't miss shoveling snow.

Gretel
12-06-2001, 06:05 PM
poohbr618
pmgreene
Jhalkias
MNmom
jmunutt
SC Minnie
Gretel (me)
Boardwalk III
Pluto4President
MickeyMagic
Towncrier
jmac
julie junebug
buzz's mom
IrishCowboy
castaway fan
I still need info on:
albiats
disny4ever
DVC Minnie
tlw
GeorgeVol
Vnyrdcrsr
DizC1288
penguins_fan

Last count 24.....If I am missing anyone I apologize.
Please send names, ages of children, dining rotation, Cat or Stateroom number and where you are from. Also some have included where they are staying the night before. It is going to be a great cruise!

Lisa
aka gretel

Gretel
12-06-2001, 06:07 PM
Can someone else please handle the meet details............the list is overwhelming enough as it is.....................I would appreciate it.

SC Minnie
12-07-2001, 08:07 AM
I vote for a Sunday breakfast or lunch meet. Anyone else?

castawayfan
12-07-2001, 06:22 PM
Guess What, we came home tonight and our documents were here!! Can't believe it - now it seems like its just right around the corner!

Pluto4President
12-07-2001, 06:58 PM
castaway - you got your 1/19 docs today??

castawayfan
12-07-2001, 07:39 PM
Sure did. Can you believe it!! I keep looking at them cause I just cannot believe they are here!

Pluto4President
12-07-2001, 07:54 PM
42 Days 13 Hrs 47 Mins 25 Secs

Towncrier
12-07-2001, 08:00 PM
Woohoo - I can hardly wait

Hey, it seems like there are an awful lot of Buckeyes and former Buckeyes on this cruise. Just how many Ohioans are on this trip?

jmac
12-07-2001, 10:06 PM
We're from Lorain Ohio. I'm so excited, can't wait to get our documents.

Gretel
12-07-2001, 11:08 PM
Cool castawy fan in the first to recieve documents!!! You know what that means, the rest of ours are on the way!!!!!

poohbr618
pmgreene
Jhalkias
MNmom
jmunutt
SC Minnie
Gretel (me)
Boardwalk III
Pluto4President
MickeyMagic
Towncrier
jmac
julie junebug
buzz's mom
IrishCowboy
castaway fan
I still need info on:
albiats
disny4ever
DVC Minnie
tlw
GeorgeVol
Vnyrdcrsr
DizC1288
penguins_fan

Please send names, ages of children, dining rotation, Cat or Stateroom number and where you are from. Also some have included where they are staying the night before. It is going to be a great cruise!

Lisa
aka gretel

Poohbr618
12-08-2001, 02:00 PM
GOT OUR DOCUMENTS TODAY!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! Getting closer & closer!!!!!!!!!!! :D

scduckman
12-08-2001, 02:55 PM
Those of you that have received your documents, did you book through DCL? We're still waiting but we booked through Dreams.

castawayfan
12-08-2001, 04:18 PM
We booked through DCL. They told us anywhere between 2 and 6 weeks before the cruise we would get our documents.

buzz's mom
12-08-2001, 05:55 PM
With so many people from Mi and Ohio are we going to have a problem(U of M vs. OSU)? But seriously, can you change who is going on the cruise after you receive your documents?
Meaning: We may have 2 of our party cancel due to personal choice and the money has already been spent, can you cancel those two and change them to other people? Thanks for your help.

castawayfan
12-09-2001, 08:55 AM
Don't know about the changing part, but we are from MSU so its MSU and whoever plays against UM - notice that we BOTH beat them this year!!

Towncrier
12-09-2001, 03:29 PM
Just a clarification. Ohio is known as the "Buckeye State". Being a Buckeye does not imply that you either are or are not an Ohio State sports fan. I personally could care less about any high school, collegiate, or professional sports. I have no use for overpaid sports figures who's only contribution to society is to run up and down a football field for an hour in front of people who are gullible enough to pay tens if not hundreds of dollars to watch them. Needless to say I am going to drop this before I get myself in any more hot water than I may already be in.

But before I do, I might mention that I think that entertainers as a whole are way overpaid for what they do. How about spending a little more money on teachers, policemen, firemen, rescue workers, and all the other people who move society forward?

(Too late - I'm in over my head - Can you tell that this is a sore subject for me?)

MickeyMagic
12-09-2001, 04:19 PM
We are (make that were) booked on Sun Country Airlines for our upcoming trip, but they have essentially ceased all operations.

I have been told they will reschedule us on another airline, but each day I hit a new roadblock when attempting to actually get assigned a new flight. I have now been told to call back Monday.

I'm thinking some pixie dust sure couldn't hurt right now!

MickeyMagic

Gretel
12-09-2001, 11:01 PM
I still need info on:
albiats
disny4ever
DVC Minnie
tlw
GeorgeVol
Vnyrdcrsr
DizC1288
penguins_fan

Lisa
aka gretel

Gretel
12-09-2001, 11:09 PM
I am missing hometowns for Mickey Magic Buzz's Mom jmunutt and
Irish Cowboy............if you dont want to give them thats fine:)
Dining first or second for almost all families
Any changes please email or PM asap I would like to get the list out.

:) :)

Gretel
12-09-2001, 11:16 PM
Ok I figured out where the four I listed were from....little detective work:D

Jhalkias
12-10-2001, 12:05 AM
TC -

You are not in hot water at all for your opinion, because in many ways it is the correct opinion to have. Of course, entertainers are not the only overpaid people in society based on the relative worth of their accomplishments. I could name several others, but in a free society, it is whatever the traffic will bear!

I often question myself on the fact that I do follow sports - and go to many games. But, just like Disney, I see it as entertainment, and a diversion from everyday humdrum. As long as it is kept in it's place, it's OK.

I more often question myself when my Browns or Indians lose like the Browns did today!

Didn't mean to start you up again! If I did, feel free to debate me on board (no pun intended)- although as I told you, for the most part you are absolutely right!

So since we are Buckeyes, what do they call you people from Michigain or Minnesota? Are we the only state with such a moniker?

Towncrier
12-10-2001, 11:08 AM
Michigan is known as the Wolverine State or the Great Lake State. I found a link to a website that lists the nicknames of all 50 states:

http://www.50states.com/bio/nickname1.htm

Thanks for acknowledging my right to an opinion. I know that I got a bit hot under the collar, but sports salaries are one of my hot buttons. And it didn't help that Fox preempted the season premiere of Futurama because a football game ran over. Grrrrr.

Gretel
12-10-2001, 02:34 PM
Got our documents! Woo Hoo!

castawayfan
12-10-2001, 05:55 PM
The big debate in Michigan is if we are Michiganians or Michiganders. I think the Governor has gone with Michiganders!!

GeorgiaVol
12-11-2001, 12:44 PM
On the sports deck after lunch and before the deck party.... What do ya'll think?

scduckman
12-11-2001, 12:52 PM
Won't people be running around making reservations for Palo's the spa, kids clubs, etc. How long is the party? Would it be possible do meet before the first dinner seating?

MNmom
12-11-2001, 01:10 PM
I think the safety drill is around 4pm so there would be about 1 hour from 3-4 to have a quick meet for the kids (I think ressies are from 1-3). The deck party is around 4:30 and most people with early seating go from the deck party to dinner or back to their cabins for a quick change.

How about an informal lunch on Sunday at 12:30 at Topsiders?? We could get a bunch of tables together and try to hook up.

Any other suggestions??

I have posted on another thread about linking dinner seating with a large group. This would flag DCL to put those that are interested on the same rotation and seated for dinner in the same area (one for early and one for late). I think the Halloween Cruise group did this too. It would be kind of fun to know the people sitting around you for dinner and fun for the kids too!! Let me know what you think. I will contact people when we get our final list from gretel (by the way thanks again for doing that list--big job!!):D

Is it Jan yet?:rolleyes:

SC Minnie
12-11-2001, 02:29 PM
I think lunch on Sunday sounds good for a meet.

The idea of a quick get together before the sailaway party would be OK for the kids to get together- it looks like we have a lot of kids around the same ages! That way they would at least have a chance at knowing somebody when they got to the clubs.

MNmom- let us know what you find out on linking the dining rotations.

Towncrier
12-11-2001, 02:47 PM
On our cruise last year, we always ate lunch at Topsiders. I like the idea of meeting on Sunday, but perhaps we don't have to wait that long to get together. Since we are still stuck with the 2nd dining rotation (keep that pixie dust coming), perhaps we could all meet Saturday evening somewhere up on deck around 10PM. Since my wife and I didn't do any of the nightclubs on our last cruise, maybe some of the adults would like to split off from the group and head to one of the clubs that night. Just an idea.

Once we know everyone's cabin assignments, perhaps we can do a phone chain to get everyone together. I just don't want to miss the opportunity to get to know all the other DISers on the cruise.

Gretel
12-11-2001, 06:09 PM
poohbr618
pmgreene
Jhalkias
MNmom
jmunutt
SC Minnie
Gretel (me)
Boardwalk III
Pluto4President
MickeyMagic
Towncrier
jmac
julie junebug
buzz's mom
IrishCowboy
castaway fan
disny4ever

I still need info on:
albiats
DVC Minnie
tlw
GeorgeVol
Vnyrdcrsr
DizC1288
penguins_fan

Please send names, ages of children, dining seating, Cat or Stateroom number and where you are from. Also some have included where they are staying the night before. It is going to be a great cruise!

Lisa
aka gretel

MickeyMagic
12-11-2001, 07:11 PM
Saturday night would be fine for us. Lunch on Sunday would work, unless that turns out to be the time to sign up for Wendy's tea.

Tell me when & where and I'll really try to be there. It's just my 9-year-old daughter and I going, so it would be really great to meet some others. I've promised her that she will meet some other kids around her age to play with and I'd welcome meeting some other Disney nuts!

MickeyMagic

Pluto4President
12-11-2001, 07:19 PM
I might have missed this, I know gretel is working on it but who's got what dining time? Don't know about rotation, but I am at the first seating. On a different thread, I read about linking seating with ressie numbers, just a thought. Then again, maybe not a good idea? Just throwing things out there.

jmunutt
12-11-2001, 07:26 PM
We are in the main seating, that's me, Dh and DD (8). I am really looking forward to seeing the list and having a get together onboard!:wave:

MickeyMagic
12-11-2001, 08:12 PM
We are on the late seating. We were waitlisted for main seating, but I had our names removed from the waitlist. I remember feeling rushed to get to the early seating and decided to give the late seating a try.

MickeyMagic

pmgreene
12-11-2001, 09:36 PM
We are late seating also for the same reason, felt too rushed to end activities and be ready for 6:30 dinner. Can't wait for the 19th!

Towncrier
12-11-2001, 10:36 PM
We'd like early seating because it seems to mesh much better with the Oceaneer's Lab program for our daughter. Second seating would be fine if it weren't for that.

Pluto4President
12-12-2001, 08:13 AM
I had the late seating last cruise, thought it was too late. Now I'll be able to judge for myself...

SC Minnie
12-12-2001, 08:31 AM
We decided on late seating also- after reading posts about feeling rushed getting ready for dinner (sometimes takes more than an hour between getting me and DD presentable) -we felt like we would be cutting our day short. So we decided we could order from room service late in the afternoon for a quick snack if we were hungry. I don't think our DD (7 1/2) would sit through the entire dinner every night even if we had early seating. This way she can enjoy the shows with us, eat what she wants at dinner then go to the clubs.

Jhalkias
12-12-2001, 08:51 AM
We are on early (main) seating. With a 23 month old, we did not think she could wait until that late to eat, and we would probably have to put her in flounders when we ate then. Perhaps when she is older we will try the late seating.

Still keeping our fingers crossed for you TC, I sent DU another note last night asking if they are able to help move you to early - no response yet! Will keep you posted.

Gretel
12-12-2001, 08:54 AM
We are on early seating :D

MNmom
12-13-2001, 11:41 PM
Oh NOOOOO!!!

We just scheduled my DD (8.5) for surgery (getting her tonsils out!!!) for New Years Eve!!

It was the only day available during winter break or else she would have to miss ANOTHER week of school:eek: We were told one week of a difficult recovery and one more week of restricted activity (re-bleeding risk). That leaves only 4 days before we leave for our cruise.

I am sure that everything will work out fine but I just about had a fit when I realized we would be leaving so soon after her recovery.

Anyone go through this? How long did it take for your kids?

I am sure I will feel better about this tomorrow. Thanks

MickeyMagic
12-14-2001, 08:48 AM
My 12-year-old niece just had an emergency appendectomy and recovered amazingly fast. A week after surgery she was riding one of those electric scooters (at least until her mom noticed!) Her mother had to keep telling her to slow down and stop running! She was back to school in a week.

Kids are really resilient and bounce back fast. I hope your daughter recovers quickly!

MickeyMagic

pmgreene
12-14-2001, 02:43 PM
Merry Christmas to me, Merry Christmas to me!!! Yea, we got our documents today for the 1/19 cruise. Not happy with the room assignment but am going to try and get that changed.

See ya soon!

MAGGIE :earsboy:

MickeyMagic
12-14-2001, 03:25 PM
pmgreene

Did they change your room assignments from what you originally booked or didn't they give you a room number when you booked?

Hope you get it straightened out! See you soon....
MickeyMagic

pmgreene
12-14-2001, 04:21 PM
When I booked with cruise411 I was told that I had a "guarantee" of at least a category 6 and would find out my room assignment at check in. Of course I looked for room assignment immediately on my tickets so I could look at the ship layout map. We are in 6028 which is just about attached to the forward elevator lobby. I get very frustrated with outside noises soooo...

I just an e-mail back from my TA and she said that a rep. at Disney said, sorry no room changes. That I can check if there are any other options at Port.

Any suggestions??

MickeyMagic
12-14-2001, 05:26 PM
pmgreene

I would post a new topic asking for suggestions. Surely, someone must have had a similar experience.

MickeyMagic

Towncrier
12-14-2001, 05:40 PM
You might also ask if anyone has every stayed in cabin 6028 on past cruises and if they noticed the noise. Even though you are near the elevators I would imagine that the foot traffic past that cabin wouldn't be any more or less than other cabins on deck 6.

albiats
12-15-2001, 09:03 PM
Hi Everyone -

Haven't been on the boards much lately, just got caught up with reading this thread this evening.

From an earlier topic in this thread, and as another amazing coincidence, my DW and I are both past Ohio people. We are both from Akron and Kent and lived there for 48 years before retiring and moving to NE Florida. I still use my ice scraper from the car, but it's now a bug scraper, lol.

We got our Cruise Docs from the TA on 12/10 (this past Monday)with no changes good or bad, and we haven't determined our excursions yet.

This is what my Countdown timer says now:

It is now Saturday 12/15/2001 at 8:41:25 PM
Scheduled For 01/19/2002 05:00 PM
1 month 3 days 20 hours 18 minutes 35 seconds or
4 weekends or
35 days or
836 hours (557 waking hours) or
50,178 minutes or
3,010,714 seconds

I'm going with the 557 waking hours statistic, it sounds shorter.

Jhalkias
12-20-2001, 11:08 PM
OK Crew, figured it was time to bump us up again. I bet all of us are now too busy with Christmas coming and trying to get ready for this cruise.

Just curious - no documents here - anybody else get theirs?

Just four more Saturdays left until that Saturday when we can leave our troubles in Port Canaveral!

pmgreene
12-20-2001, 11:37 PM
We got our documents last week! The last cruise we didn't get them until 2 weeks out, so no worries mon! Plenty of time yet. :-)

Gretel
12-21-2001, 12:03 AM
We got ours on Monday the 10th of December.

SC Minnie
12-21-2001, 09:46 AM
We booked thru Dreams and still don't have our docs yet. I see the Fed Ex man in our neighborhood every day and hope he's stopping by our house but not yet!:rolleyes:

jmac
12-21-2001, 10:19 AM
We also booked with Dreams and we haven't received our documents either. I e-mail Donna and she contacted DCL and they said 10 to 14 days before the cruise. I'm still looking for that Fed Ex truck everyday!:)

NoWayJose
12-21-2001, 12:20 PM
Wow,

This is a great site.

We are going on the 19th with my dh, dd 8 and dd 6.

We are actually flying into MCO on the 16th to enjoy a few days at DWorld first. We will be staying at Embassy Suites in Lake Buena Vista.

This is out first time on ANY sort of cruise.

Would like to chat with MNMom as we are from Minnetonka, MN.

Can't wait! Only 29 more days!

-NoWayJose
:pinkbounc

SC Minnie
12-21-2001, 02:12 PM
NoWayJose welcome to the Dis board! This is absolutely the best site for Disney information.

Went home for lunch today and our docs were there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Towncrier
12-21-2001, 05:19 PM
Our docs arrived today too!!! (Shhh - don't let DD Sarah know)

DizC1288
12-21-2001, 05:44 PM
I booked through DU and my docs came to daytoday!!!!!

MickeyMagic
12-21-2001, 08:18 PM
My 9-year-old daughter and I will be sailing with you. We are also from Minnesota. Sad to say, I'm hoping for snow and cold -- the cruise will be more of a treat then!

I'm also keeping watch for that FedEx truck! I thought it would be neat to actually have the documents in my hand for Christmas.

MickeyMagic

Gretel
12-21-2001, 09:57 PM
Hi NoWayJose............we are sailing too and from MN......

Jhalkias
12-21-2001, 11:06 PM
I knew tha t if I posted this question, that on the VERY NEXT DAY I would get our documents! Got them today 12/21!;)

Ready to go NOW!

NoWayJose
12-22-2001, 12:02 PM
So how many of us are there from MN going so far? Does anyone know?

Would love to get together on board with everyone, was a time and place set yet? I wasn't able to tell from reading the thread.

Thanks!:D
-NoWayJose

MickeyMagic
12-22-2001, 03:28 PM
What a perfect Christmas present - My documents arrived!

NoWayHose:
There were some posts about proposed get-togethers, but I don't think anything was finalized. We should probably decide on a couple times/places for meets in case some can't make it to the first one.

MickeyMagic

MickeyMagic
12-22-2001, 04:04 PM
Gretel,

I just replied to a private message you sent me a couple weeks ago regarding the list of 1-19-02 cruisers (just discovered the private messaging area).

MickeyMagic

Gretel
12-22-2001, 07:42 PM
I have sent out the list for our cruise via the email addresses you sent to me. If you did not recieve a copy and are on the cruise please let me know. I will not be posting it on the DIS board for privacy reasons. Pleas PM me with your info.

Towncrier
12-25-2001, 09:31 AM
DD Sarah finally knows about the cruise. We made certain that the last present that she opened was a box full of packing peanuts inside which was hidden her ticket for the January 19th cruise. She could not stop jumping up and down with excitement. I'm so glad that we could keep this big secret from her until Christmas morning.

With any luck, Santa will bring us first seating for dinner. See you all real soon.

Happy Holidays to all of our sailing buddies.

MickeyMagic
12-25-2001, 01:51 PM
Happy holidays fellow cruisers! The countdown is going quick...We'll be sailing in no time!

MickeyMagic

Jhalkias
12-25-2001, 02:22 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

Hope to see you all soon!

DD Sophie goes to bed every night when I rock her looking at my DCL framed poster saying "Mickey's Boat", which I keep trying to explain to her we will be on soon, but who knows what a two year old thinks of that!

It finally got COOOLD in Ohio - so we can be in more of a mood to sail away to warm places. There was even a dusting of snow this morning!
:earseek:

NoWayJose
12-25-2001, 03:18 PM
My kids are a little shy and like to hang around us quite a bit. Do you veterns think that my dd6 and dd8 could be broken of the "hanging around habbit"? like the commercial suggests?

NoWayJose

albiats
12-25-2001, 03:26 PM
It is now Tuesday 12/25/2001 at 3:21:37 PM
25 days 1 hour 38 minutes 23 seconds or
3 weekends or
25 days or
601 hours (401 waking hours) or
36,098 minutes or
2,165,902 seconds

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to Everyone!

IrishCowboy
12-26-2001, 04:11 PM
Still waiting for cruise docs to arrive. Anybody else still waiting for theirs?

albiats
12-26-2001, 05:13 PM
Irishcowboy -

You got such a great deal on your cruise price that they can't afford to send your cruise docs out by FedEx, and apparently not even by first class postage, LOL!

I know they say don't worry if you don't have them 'up to 2 weeks before your cruise date', but it sure seems like they should be in your hands by now. If you use a TA, I'd be pestering them for some results. The car manufacturers used to say not to worry if your new car used 'up to one quart of oil per thousand miles', but I never believed that one either.

Good luck, I hope they show up soon. Mine were at the TA's office on 12/10.

penguins_fan
12-26-2001, 07:45 PM
Irish Cowboy - We are also on the 19th cruise and haven't gotten docs yet. Talked to TA today who said she called DCL and they're in the mail. Hard to figure why some went out so early but rest assured you're not the only one waiting.

SC Minnie
12-28-2001, 12:55 PM
Just thought I would bump this up before it gets buried.

marcirp
12-28-2001, 02:09 PM
We're going. DH and I and 3 kids. This is our FIRST vacation since we went to Aruba in 1996. Ok, we live in Orlando, and had passes to Sea World and Busch Gardens so we went there a bunch.... and we did visit the "outlaws" I mean, inlaws in NJ last year, but this is our first real vacation since the adoption and DD was born!!!

I AM SO EXCITED I COULD SCREAM!!!!!

Sorry, I am much better now! lol

jmunutt
12-28-2001, 08:43 PM
Irish Cowboy,

We also have not received our docs. DH talked to TA today and she is expecting them tomorrow. She said we should have them around Wed. or Thurs. I can't wait!:wave:

Towncrier
12-31-2001, 01:47 PM
I wanted to make sure that my teenager could participate in the Wild Side excursion on Castaway Cay. I called the number and made his reservation. While there, I asked about early seating for dinner. I even mentioned my "encounter" with DCL president Matt Ouimet on the inaugural cruise. Alas, early seating is still full. Perhaps we'll be able to switch on cruise day.

I have started gathering all my goodies for the trip. I printed out all of the Navigators on inkkognito's site www.****************** (thanks Barb) and am going to sit down with DW Sue and highlight some of the activities that we plan to attend. I cannot believe just how much we DIDN'T do on our first 7-day cruise.

See you all in less than 3 weeks!!!

IrishCowboy
01-02-2002, 12:21 AM
Movie opens in theaters on January 18. Is there any way to find out if they will show it on our curise? I've read here that they usually show new movies on the cruiese.

Pluto4President
01-02-2002, 08:50 AM
I would pretty much expect it. In Feb when we cruised, RECESS jsut came out and sure enough my son saw it with the club.

SC Minnie
01-02-2002, 09:25 AM
Is everyone or anyone still interested setting up a couple of DIS meets? Maybe set up a few meets at various times?

Don't forget your lime green ribbons!!!

Towncrier
01-02-2002, 02:51 PM
How about getting together after the safety drill? We could all meet on Deck 9 or Deck 10 for the sail-away party at 5PM. By then everyone should be done making their Spa/Palo's reservations. This is probably the ideal time to meet and get to know one another.

As far as a second time to meet, perhaps sometime later in the evening? Taking a quick look at the Navigators posted on inkkognito's site, it is difficult to pick a time when there isn't a conflict with some activity or with dinner. If anyone else would like to propose a date and time to get together, please do so.

Gretel
01-02-2002, 05:24 PM
Is anyone on our cruise doing excursions? If so which ones? Anyone just renting a car/jeep and doing it on your own? Trying to decide what to do.

Towncrier
01-02-2002, 05:30 PM
We didn't do any excursions on our first 7-day cruise. For a group of five persons, it just seems to make more sense to strike out on our own. Last time we ended up at Great Bay Beach on St. Maarten and at Magen's Bay Beach on St. Thomas. I would be willing to wager that we will probably do exactly the same thing this time, relying on taxi services to get to/from our destinations. Again, with five of us, you have to rent a pretty big vehicle in order to fit us all in. And I've seen the drivers on St. Maarten and St. Thomas and I don't want to share the road with them any more than they want to share it with me. :)

penguins_fan
01-02-2002, 09:36 PM
Towncrier - did anyone in your group snorkel at Magens Bay? Any opinions? I haven't seen clear info on the snorkeling there though the beach certainly seems worth the trip. It was hard to concede on passing by St. John but we figured that the travel time could be spent doing other things on St. Thomas.

We also have a large group - 7, including a four year old that is too young for all of the excursions that involve snorkeling. For St. Thomas, We're thinking of heading to Coki Beach in the morning so some can snorkel and others can enjoy the beach and Coral World. We may then head over to Magens Bay in the afternoon.

Niagara2
01-02-2002, 10:08 PM
Yea - finally purchased my plane tickets and got a sale price too!We arrive a day early and not sure if we will stay at WDW or go direct to Port Canaveral. Getting closer and as we dig out of seven feet of snow and brave below O wind chills.....the cruise and sunshine and blue crystal clear water and warmth...can not wait guys!

Jhalkias
01-02-2002, 10:40 PM
No organized excursions for us as a group as well. With a two year old along, I don't want to try or risk it. Although my 14 year old son may try some of the teen stuff.

I like the idea of a get-together at the Sail away party - after the lifeboat drill. (how does 4:45 sound?) Although I wore my green ribbon on our last cruise (on my hat with my CC pin, and on my fanny pack) I saw nary a Dis'er the whole trip (other than a "meet" if you can call it that at VWl with just me and LUV2dream). My wife made fun of me.

How about location?

Just ordered new bathing suits online from Eddie Bauer - getting ready to GO!
:smooth:

Towncrier
01-02-2002, 10:56 PM
The snorkeling at Magen's Bay was nothing to write home about. The water was clear, but there wasn't really anything special to see. It's just a very nice beach. For me the best part is the milkshake place (located just outside Magen's Bay) called Udder Delights. They sell delicious milkshakes into which they will gladly dump a shot or two of rum. After a day at the beach, the milkshakes were deadly.

As far as meeting on the first day, we'll head for deck 10 as soon as the lifeboat drill is over. We'll try to stay near the aft section of deck 10 (near the stairs) so that we can still see the stage on deck 9 (where all the action is). I'll try to be as obvious as my family will tolerate (lime green ribbons, lime green DIScon lanyard, Towncrier button).

If you miss the opening get-together, you can always call the operator and ask to leave me (John Hayes) a message. We are assigned cabin 2585 and I seriously doubt that we will be upgraded since we requested adjoining cabins.

Something that we did on the inaugural cruise was to invite the other DISers on board over to our cabin one night after the show (we all had first dining seating). We ordered a couple of cheese plates from room service to go with a bottle of champagne that we had (compliments of the Disney Vacation Club). Of course, we were in a Cat4 room on that cruise, and it was a nice place to have a DISmeet. I doubt that a Cat10 cabin would work, but we could always take our cheese up on deck. Just another random thought. No complimentary wine on this cruise, but I'm sure that we could scrape something up to drink.

MNmom
01-02-2002, 11:09 PM
Golden Eagle Catamaran for DD(8) and myself!!!

DD(5) will stay on ship with DM(my mom) in the morning and then we will spend the afternoon at Orient Beach ( unless someone knows of another beach where we can rent Wave Runners). St. Thomas will be Coral World and Coki Beach!

We would love to meet after the safety drill too. My kids will be dancing with the characters at the beginning of the Sailaway Party and we have tons of bubbles too.

How about another meet on Sunday? Say informal lunch at Topsiders. We were thinking about Palo brunch at 1030 but could meet after noon sometime. Whattya think??

Oh yeah--- One more--- RADISSON MEET!!

FOr those of us staying at the Radisson. How about a pool party DIS meet that night from 7-9? I know my kids would love to meet some other kids that night. Will it be too cold to swim? I hope not!!

Bought my green ribbon tonight:D

Gretel
01-03-2002, 10:38 AM
Heres what I suggest for meets:

#1 Deck 10 Aft right after saftey drill

#2 Sunday- Topsiders 1:00 Lunch Buffet

#3 If wanted sometime later in the week possibly our day at sea?

Lets get this going gang! I cant wait to meet everyone!

Boardwalk III
01-03-2002, 12:24 PM
The meet times look good to me,-I'll make note of them! I don't know about this green ribbon thing - I think I might be feel a bit goofy!

For excursions we are doing the AFTERNOON Golden Eagle - anyone else? I've heard it's great! We chose late seating so this works better for us (me, DH and two DS's). Also, we're doing St John on our own - probably Cinnamon Bay.

jmunutt
01-03-2002, 01:08 PM
Meet times look great to me too! Can't wait for this cruise to start. I need to find the lime green ribbon now.........:eek:

scduckman
01-03-2002, 01:38 PM
The meet times look good. This will give the kids a chance to meet before the clubs. We've got our lime green ribbons for the luggage and hats. We're located on the North/South Carolina border and we got 6+ inches of snow in the last 18 hours. Not that much compared to Buffalo but a lot for here. I'm about the only one at work today. St Thomas and 80 degrees never looked so good!

pmgreene
01-03-2002, 01:54 PM
The meet times sound good to us. Last time we went on a cruise we were with neighbors and that was nice to know people. We are looking forward to having the commonality of the DIS baords and meeting folks.

SCduckman - we are in Hickory, NC and have gotten quite a bit of snow too! About 2 hours ago it really started coming down again. The kids were supposed to go back to school today but with the things the way they look now I figure they'll be out until Monday and then two weeks of classes before we leave!!

I'm starting to pull out bathing suits AND snow suits - what a combo!

scduckman
01-03-2002, 05:40 PM
This is SC Minnie using DH computer.

Times look good for a meet. We are also doing the Golden Eagle Catamaran - early trip. On St Thomas we are planning to go on our own- probably to Magens Bay. We went to St Thomas on our honeymoon but never made it to this beach so it will be a stop this time.

Looking forward to sunny and warm weather!!!!!

Gretel
01-03-2002, 06:31 PM
We will be on the early Golden Eagle Catamaran:D

St Thomas/John is still up in the air.

We are leaving in two weeks.Yahoo!

MickeyMagic
01-03-2002, 09:40 PM
Going shopping tomorrow and I have to remember to pick up some lime green ribbon. We will see you after the Lifeboat drill!

DD9 and I will be on early Golden Eagle Catamaran, so we'll see some of you there for sure!!

Weather in Minnesota is warming up again (January thaw) and will threaten to melt the little bit of snow we have.

Counting down the days as they are quickly going by...
MickeyMagic

Gretel
01-04-2002, 08:51 AM
Great to see so many on the Golden Eagle! My DD who is 11 NEEDS a friend!

Towncrier
01-04-2002, 09:35 AM
Someone needs to convince my DW Sue that we should do the Golden Eagle Catamaran excursion. She is content to sit on Great Bay Beach for the day. Perhaps I can just send 12yo DD with Gretel. :)

SC Minnie
01-04-2002, 10:14 AM
Towncrier,

Check out ennisb's trip report titled Magic 11/03 Trip Report- He has some great pictures from the Golden Eagle Catamaran. (not sure how to link)

Towncrier
01-04-2002, 10:45 AM
Thanks. I give it a look.

Magic 11/03 Trip Report (http://www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126885)

DizC1288
01-04-2002, 10:46 AM
I can't find that trip report. I would love to see the photos.
Does anyone know how to link it???:confused:

DizC1288
01-04-2002, 10:47 AM
thanks for the link!!!!
You are soooo quick

SC Minnie
01-04-2002, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the help with the link!

castawayfan
01-04-2002, 02:04 PM
Hey Gretel, we will be on the early Golden Eagle with our DD who is 10 and 1/2 (can't forget the 1/2). She will be happy to know there will be someone close to her age there too!!

Poohbr618
01-05-2002, 12:36 AM
We to are booked for the Golden Eagle Am excursion. Can hardly wait! Looking forward to seeing those at the Radisson on Friday night! And the rest of you on the ship. Will be keeping an eye out for those green ribbons!

OHHHHH BTW....just a warning for those who have never cruised before specially those with small kiddos....beware of the toilets..they make quite some noise when flushed. Scared the daylights out of my little one last time we cruised! LOL

IrishCowboy
01-05-2002, 01:38 AM
Cruise documents finally arrived today! A little surprised to discover that we have first seating when we requested second seating. Guess we'll try first seating this time and see how we like it.

Albiats, what's the latest countdown?

Pluto4President
01-05-2002, 09:05 AM
2 WEEKS :)

Gretel
01-05-2002, 12:46 PM
DIS meets

#1 Friday night Radisson Pool 7-9

#2 Deck 10 AFT right after saftey drill

#3 Topsiders Lunch Buffet Sunday 1:00

#4 To be Determined (I like TC's suggestion)

Just thought I would post these here.......they are on a separate thread also.

vnyrdcrsr
01-05-2002, 07:46 PM
Sorry folks - too much to read, not enough time!

We're traveling in a pack of 6 families, all from Martha's Vineyard, MA. Let's see, that makes 12 grownups, and 16 kids. Ages 2 through 10.

So if you see Black Dog, Edgartown or Vineyard T-Shirts, etc., stop by and say "hi"!

This cruise is gonna be AWESOME!

IrishCowboy
01-05-2002, 11:49 PM
Towncrier had suggested moving the Sunday afternoon meet from Topsider's to Deck 7....I think this would be a better spot. More space

Gretel
01-05-2002, 11:52 PM
Just let me know so I can change the info if needed. We need to make up our minds asap cuz some of us are leaving before the 19th!!!

Thanks!

icevinson
01-06-2002, 12:41 AM
Hi everyone this great I finally found the forum for everyone crusing on jan/ 19!!! Thanks to those that pointed me in the right direction!!! I`am a single father of two a 10 year old D and a four old S this is our frist cruise. We our bringing grand ma with us we can hardly wait!!! Looks like everyone is staying at the Radisson we are staying at the Haytt we are getting in at 2:30 on friday. Is any one else staying at the Haytt? Dose anyone have any suggestion on excursion,which might be the best one`s for us?We are comeing from albquerque N.M. BEST WISHES TO ALL!!!! :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :jester:

Boardwalk III
01-06-2002, 09:11 AM
We are also staying at Hyatt on the 18th - since this is our first Disney Cruise, I wanted the kids to be able to take the cruise bus the next morning (2 DS's 12+10). We don't get in until about 8pm though (that's if there's no snow delays here in Boston!)

pmgreene
01-06-2002, 09:33 AM
Icevinson--

We are bringing grandma along too (my mom). Has your mom sailed before? There are a couple of other grandmas going too. My kids DD6 and DS8 don't know about the trip yet. When went in October so I know there'll have a blast. It's grandma that I want to be sure has a good time.

See everyone in 1 week 6 days!!!!!!!!!

albiats
01-06-2002, 03:20 PM
Just catching up with this thread after out of town company for the Holidays.

Irishcowboy -

here's the latest snapshot of the countdown statistics:

It is now Sunday 01/06/2002 at 3:14:19 PM
13 days 1 hour 45 minutes 41 seconds or
1 weekend or
13 days or
313 hours (209 waking hours) or
18,825 minutes or
1,129,540 seconds

You can make it for another 209 WAKING HOURS can't you?

I'm working on a dynamic countdown that will keep a running total of the days, hours, and minutes until our cruise that I can post in this thread, but it isn't working correctly right now. I should be able to get it working again soon.

icevinson
01-06-2002, 04:09 PM
Boardwalk III hope too see you on the Cruise bus. And no pmgreene my mom has never sailed before. And I`am hopeing she has the time of her life!!! And with everyone`s tips. We all will!! I will be watching for your dynamic countdown albiats!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :jester: :bounce:

albiats
01-06-2002, 04:22 PM
I can't find a good background that shows up well in this small size so I'll just make it a plain one. It will also keep the bandwidth requirements small for easier viewing.

Countdown until Jan 19, 2002 Cruise:
in days, hours, minutes, seconds
<APPLET CODEBASE="http://www27.brinkster.com/allanbiats/" CODE="BeanCounterDate.class" WIDTH=174 HEIGHT=58>
<param name="date" value="19 Jan 2002 17:00:00">
<param name="display" value="days, seconds">
<param name="imagefont" value="http://www27.brinkster.com/allanbiats/7segSmallRed.gif">
<param name="background" value="/http://www27.brinkster.com/allanbiats/castle2.gif, 1, 1, 174, 25">
</applet>

It should update as you view it.

DVC Minnie
01-06-2002, 04:48 PM
We have just returned from being away. Lots to catch up on here on this thread. Our cruise is coming up fast and look forward to meeting all!

Our group size has increased from just my DH and I. We are now a group of 5 adults sailing without any kids. Our ages range from late 40s to early 50s.

Two of us are doing the 7:45 a.m. Golden Eagle Catamarran while in St. Martin. We are also thinking of doing Coki Beach in St. Thomas.

IrishCowboy
01-06-2002, 08:06 PM
The countdown clock is great...Thanks!

Gretel
01-06-2002, 08:45 PM
The way it sounds, it will be all DISers on the Golden Eagle at 7:45! With only a max of 50 people on board I feel sorry for the non DISers! They won't know what hit them!

I leave in 11 days!!!!

Yahoo!

Lisa

jmunutt
01-06-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by DVC Minnie

Two of us are doing the 7:45 a.m. Golden Eagle Catamarran while in St. Martin. We are also thinking of doing Coki Beach in St. Thomas.

DVC Minnie,

We are also thinking of going to Coki Beach in St. Thomas. Hopefully, we'll see you there.

Debby:wave:

Towncrier
01-07-2002, 10:28 AM
Add two more for the 7:45AM Golden Eagle Catamaran. Sarah and I are going to join the madness. See you bright and early at St. Maarten. Do you think we have enough people to qualify this as yet-another-DISmeet???

Gretel
01-07-2002, 10:35 AM
I do believe it qualifys!!! Glad you decided to join us!

Gretel
01-07-2002, 11:56 AM
penguins_fan.............I just read what Cat you are in for our cruise. WOW thats wonderful!!!!!