PDA

View Full Version : Hampton Inn Garden Grove

Princess Dot
08-14-2006, 02:44 PM
I just made a reservation here for the end of August for what seems to be a good rate of $89.

I have done a search and everone that posted has said positive things about it, but I was looking for any other reports. I often stay at Hampton Inns and I have always had a good experience. I usually end up paying more thought, so the good rate has me a bit concerned!

On the website, it looks fine, has the new white comforters that all the HI are getting now. The pool seems a bit plain, but we are there to be at disney not hang around the pool.
How is the area around there? What are some good family places to eat?

I was so tempted to book the DLH, but I just couldn't justify the extra $$$$. Thats a lot of "magic" that I could spend on meals and goodies for the kids.

So what can anyone tell me to make me feel good about this choice?!

disneyochem
08-14-2006, 03:15 PM
I stayed at the Hampton Inn one visit a couple of years ago. The price you got sounds like it is for a regular hotel room rather than one of their suites.

We really enjoyed our stay. Staff were great; the hotel was very clean. The free breakfast was nice--cooked to order food and lots of it!

I think the hotel is located in a great spot (when you're not staying on-site)--in the parking lot is Bucca di Pepos (sp?), down the street is Outback, Joe's Crab Shack, and Red Robin. A Starbucks is next door at the Hyatt (or was it the Hilton Garden Inn??? My memory....) and Target is a half-a-block away. We have parking included with our APs so never needed to take the shuttle. The shuttle was free when we stayed there but I hear that the hotel now uses ART.

We haven't stayed there since we've discovered Residence Inn Maingate.

Princess Dot
08-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Yes it is just for a regular room which is fine for us. Glad to hear about the good selection of food! I know we will probably end up eating in or near the parks but if not, I know the kids will be glad to see familiar places to eat.

Thanks for the info!