PDA

View Full Version : What reminders of Disney do you have at work?

Eoywin
08-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Does anyone have anything Disney at work?

At my desk at work, I have my Jack Sparrow Happy Meal toy, and a postcard from WDW :wizard:

kimis
08-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Well I cheat. I work at home so I have Disney everywhere---kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and toy room. I run a day care and I have 5 grandchildren so I have taken it upon myself to turn all children into Disney lovers. I even wear Disney and and Disney in my purse. It goes everywhere with me. My children are all grown and have their own families and they think i am crazy. HA!

NC State
08-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Each year we go to WDW we get a picture taken in front of the castle. Then I place the picture in the castle frame. I have three of those, plus my Mickey business card holder. Oh yes, I do have DIS radio on too!

Stacy's a freak
08-11-2006, 07:24 PM
I always have a picture of WDW on my background. The pictures change often, and I usually get the pictures from right here on the DIS.

I also listen to WDW music at work. I like to think of it as my little escape from the hectic pace of work :)

MagicMe
08-11-2006, 08:39 PM
I have a couple of things. I have a small Mickey statue from MGM that says "Best Mom" that my DS's gave me last year for taking them to WDW. I have a picture of my two DS's in BTM, a picture taken of the Philharmagic sign with the castle in the background and finally a very small snow globe from my DCL trip. Trying to think of what I can pick up this time 'round!!!

phantom728
08-12-2006, 04:28 PM
I have an Eeyore business card holder on my desk and several Disney picture frames with photo's from our trip. Can't wait for our next trip in Dec as a few of the photo's need to be updated!!!
111 more days!

iwynlea
08-12-2006, 08:35 PM
I have a Beauty & the Beast desk set (business card holder, pen cup, stapler, paperclip holder, and tape dispensor). I want one of the new Mickey cork board pin holders, too, so I can display some of my favorite pins. I also have lots of pictures from our last trip...it's sort of the running joke in my office how much I love Disney...my supervisor even introducted me to new staff at training a few weeks ago as "the one who loves Disney." :blush:

byoung
08-12-2006, 09:40 PM
I have the DIS on my computer.

T-i-double-g-err
08-12-2006, 11:17 PM
I have a sorcerer Mickey doll who sits at my desk! :smickey:

Brise Nannie
08-13-2006, 08:46 AM
I run a day care and I have 5 grandchildren so I have taken it upon myself to turn all children into Disney lovers. I even wear Disney and and Disney in my purse. It goes everywhere with me. My children are all grown and have their own families and they think i am crazy. HA!

I have a WDW 25th anniversary cup filled with Mickey icon pens/pencils in it. :surfweb:

Good for you kimis! I can't think of a better thing for children to get hooked on. :goodvibes My family thinks I'm nuts too but I'm all about what makes me smile now.

sweetinmaine
08-13-2006, 09:24 AM
I have a Mickey/Minnie Business Card holder. My keyring is from DVC as is my water bottle that my fellow employee gave me as a gift from her first trip on her DVC membership. An OKW coffee mug that holds a collection of light up pens of the Disney characters (about 15 to date). I have an Alice in Wonderland paper clip holder, a Dumbo stapler and an original character desk clock. I have pictures of my grandsons taken in front of Cinderella's Castle and a picture of my two children taken on the Disney Magic cruise. :goodvibes All of these keep my memories alive until our next trip!

allaboutmm
08-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Family picture from MVMCP in an Disney picture frame(looks like it is made out our gingerbread and decorated with X-Mas candy )with 2005 on it.

Noelle
08-13-2006, 11:50 AM
I have the Magic Kingdom Desk set: Mickey & Minnie riding Dumbo Stapler, Alice, Mad Hatter, & March Hare in the Tea Cups Paper Clip Holder, Peter Pan Tape Dispenser, Brer Bear & Brer Rabbit Notepad Holder. I changed out the Buzz Lightyear Business Card Holder for a Pooh Bear one. I also have an Alice Memo holder from the Grand Floridian. Then I have a program on my computer desktop that flips through my numerous photos of great trip memories while counting down to my next vacation.

rkujay
08-13-2006, 11:57 AM
WORK??

I found out about nineteen years ago that work gets in the way of making money.

:confused3

susan1
08-13-2006, 12:02 PM
hi
crush the turtle hanging from my handbag and epcot stud earings which were bought about 25yrs ago - the old epcot symbol!

madcat
08-13-2006, 02:21 PM
I have my cup from POFQ that I drink coffee out of everyday. and I have a little mickey on the top of my bookshelf I also have a couple of happy meal toys like a chicken little toy also a few pens Dory,and capt. hook

Terk-1
08-13-2006, 02:29 PM
My screen saver is full of pictures from trips to Walt Disney World. I have a special one for the holidays with all of the decorations from the parks and resorts. ::MinnieMo pluto: :tinker: pooh: :eeyore: :simba: :stitch: :goofy: :sulley: :tigger: :smickey: :donald:

I have a picture on my desk in a Mickey frame. It's subtle though, since it's wood, but has small Mickey's icons at each of the 4 corners. ::MickeyMo

When it gets colder, I bring my Wilderness Lodge mug to work to drink my hot chocolate. :coffee:

Now home is another story! Lot's of WDW reminders all over my bedroom & computer room!!

i'dratherbe@wdw
08-13-2006, 02:45 PM
I have a picture or DD and one of my nephews with Snow White taken at MGM. Every time a look at the picture I remember the fun we had that day, and I think about out next trip.

phisigprincess
08-13-2006, 09:06 PM
I have my Disney Villains mug, my Mickey Mouse from the Happy Meal, and a Mickey Mouse business card holder.

soleilmagie
08-13-2006, 10:53 PM
I have a Mickey-hand desk clock, pens from our cruise, a picture in front of the Magic with the kids taken at Castaway Cay in 2005, a picture of me and DBF taken at the All-Star Sports in 1997 and a Mickey Kleenex box! ::MickeyMo

Momerath
08-14-2006, 09:50 AM
I am a nurse so no personal desk, I love all the cute Disney desk stuff, though. I use Disney pens from the parks, I have some Winnie-the-Pooh and Minnie Mouse scrubs and I take my Pop Century mug filled with OJ for the morning commute! :)

Fitswimmer
08-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Winnie the Pooh desk set, Sorcerer Mickey, Mickey tourist, Mickey in Tuxedo and Mickey NY Yankees thermal mug from World of Disney in NYC.

goofydad621
08-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Lets see
I have 5 different Disney cd's I listen too, Also I have a goofy clock that runs backwards, A small Mickey alarm clock, The main street train station is my Wall paper, I hae a pic of my dd8 with Baloo on my wall, I have a Goofy in a chefs apron sitting on my moniter, 2 mickey mouse pencils one of the hidden Mickey Icon and another that lights up when you write with it.
A do not distirb sign from the Poly ( I asked and they said I could have it) It use to hang on the outside of my door but is now inside. If I hang it outside they do not empty my trash. I Also have a picture of Illuminations I took in 05 on the outside of my door. Since I work for the company that sponsers Illuminations I thought it was s fitting picture to have there.

sschro3
08-14-2006, 12:37 PM
I have a pic of the kids with Mickey Mouse. That is about all I have room for. I work in a small, small cube. :rotfl:
Sharon

apirateslifeforme
08-14-2006, 12:45 PM
I have a "Rock Star" badge from RnR with all my music posters, and a "Jedi Knight" badge from Star Tours with all of my Ewan McGregor pics.

Funny story about the Jedi badge...one day all of these kids (about 6 or 7 years old) were going on a tour of our company (we do a lot of volunteer work with schools). The tour stopped at my desk. The kids started clustering around to see my pictures and one of them noticed all the photos of Obi-Wan Kenobi and my Jedi badge. He piped up..."Are you really a Jedi?" I played along..."Yep." Kids all stood there, mouths gaping. Another one challenged me..."Where's your lightsaber?" Thinking fast, I said, "Oh, I broke it while sparring with Obi-Wan...Master Yoda is fixing it." That was it for those kids! They really believed I was a Jedi!

vacationwoman
08-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Since I'm one of the Directors with my company I have a pretty good size office.
So looking around quickly I see:
on my desk - MM rolidex, MM stapler, MM large pencilpen holder, MM paper clips, a statue of steamboat MM, various WDW magnets on metal file holder.
On top of several file cabinets - large red old fashion MM clock (the kind with the big ringers on top), 1 large framed picture of "THE GANG", several small MM pictures including one of MM shaking hand of fireman in yellow suit (popular after 9/11),
varioius magnets and magnetic WDW signs, one shelf of pictures of my DH and myself in different MM & WDW frames.
On the walls - 2 large framed pictures of WDW (all the parks)
On the conference table across the room a large MM upright phone (and I have it tied into our phone system so it works, and drives people nuts).
Also have a 7 ft. artificial ficus tree in front of my desk that has all the various characters hanging from it with white twinkle lights on tree also.
For every holiday my office is decorated for that season with all WDW deco.
Everyone refers to me as the resident WDW "nut".
In addition to Disney paraphernalia also have pictures of my kids(6 & 4 DDIL & 1DSIL) and my grandkids (13).

Shrunkenheadned
08-14-2006, 03:47 PM
You sound like me, Love it Vacationwoman!

I may have a bit more than you do though, I am a travel agency owner that only sells Disney so I have alot of photos, ,maps, post cards, personal memorabila etc.

hidmickey:myantidrug
08-14-2006, 06:14 PM
I have a Tigger bobblehead, a Disney pencil holder (with about 3/4 of the pencils/pens Disney), Disney picture frame with Disney pic in it, the background of my computer is a pic from Disney, a slew (sp) of stuffed animals, the bag I take with me is Disney, post-its (which I sadly cannot find anymore :(), address labels, I guess it's not technically Disney but my chalkboard has the week's worth of Disney specials and shows writen on it, and my socks :)

Simba22
08-14-2006, 06:23 PM
I have pics from our trips, a statue of Mickey that says "I Love You" on it the DBF gave me for V-day, and a little Simba toy from a Happy Meal last year....oh and a light up pen with Simba on it....and a pack of Tinkerbell pens I got from the world in May...

Cinderella@CK
08-15-2006, 05:37 AM
I have a Disney background on my PC, A Winnie the Pooh mouse mat, and DIS radio playing Kx

Suflay1
08-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Where to start.... Clustered around my computer monitor are about 40 tiny collectible figurines. We pick up a couple of new packs every time we hit Downtown Disney.
Mickey guards my rolodex, and also sits perched atop the antenna of my phone. I, too, have a red Mickey alarm clock on my desk.
A cat statue and a blue & gold from the Morocco pavilion are on my desk, as well as a mug full of the light-up Disney pens. The mug has silhouettes of Disney characters around it, and it sits on a holder that is designed as Cinderella's Castle.
On top of the filing cabinets is a Micky & Minnie wedding plate (a recent wedding gift from my boss) and a golden Mickey statuette from Disney-MGM Studios. My two drinking mugs have Mickey silhouettes on them. My desk drawers are FULL of info on WDW, as I am the resident DQ (Disney Queen) and love helping coworkers plan their trips. :love:
Under my desk are two boxes full of park brochures, maps, used PassPorter guidebooks that I loan out, videotapes and CDs, a complete Disney travel center. :teeth:
I'm retiring in January - where am I going to put all this stuff in my house? :confused3

Suflay1
08-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Oops - I meant to say a blue and gold Moroccan tea glass in my previous post. Hope I spelled that right.

CindyandBrice
08-16-2006, 12:49 PM
I have several pictures of my son on CASTAWAY CAY!! Love it. Everyday, especially int he dead of winter, it is nice to think back.

erinch
08-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Right next to my computer are my Haunted Mansion Mickey and Minnie Beanies. On the next shelf up is my ToT Bellhop Goofy Beanie. On the shelf above that is the Hummel figurine of Eeyore glowering under an umbrella the family got me for my birthday (and are still paying off! :bitelip: ). On the same shelf is my Rafiki wisdom beanie.

Over on the bookshelves are my collection of Heffalumps beanies, and my Figment plush. And the Viking Pluto and the Sombrero Donald.

On the other bookshelf are the Pirates Pooh and Eeyore Beanie.

My Ursula beanie lurks where I can invoke her when I'm in a bad mood, and the Fantasmic dragon beanie hangs out with Ursula. (All of those are on the shelf with the church growth stuff which doesn't work in Western PA.)

My other bookshelf goes off park and has my Seuss beanie collection: things 1 and 2, and Red Fish, Blue Fish, Old Fish, New Fish, and the Horton beanies. I'm known to our office cleaner as the "one with all the clutter" and to the presbytery as "the person who still collects those stupid toys."