PDA

View Full Version : Where are you eating for Thanksgiving?

Dis31
08-10-2006, 07:00 PM
We currently have ressies @ Ohana. Has anyone ever done O'hana on Thanksgiving? I was thinking about maybe Whispering Canyon since they have a Thanksgiving skillet? Any suggestions on a nice place for Thanksgiving? :crazy:

checkwriter
08-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Liberty Tree's an obvious choice -- they do Thanksgiving dinner 365 days/year!

jlovesee
08-11-2006, 12:34 AM
We are eating Thanksgiving at Whispering Canyon! I've eaten there several times and I love it. I'm hoping they will still have their unlimited milk shakes but I don't have my hopes up.

I will mention that I made my ADR at 6AM at 180 days (on a cell phone in a hotel room no less!) and when I called about a month ago because I was thinking my flight arrival time was changing Whispering Canyon had almost nothing available, just a 9:30PM. I made an ADR at Brown Derby.

So right now I have 3 ADRs I know evil evil. :badpc: I PROMISE I will cancel two of them before the trip (significantly!) just as soon as I get my flight booked or we decide if we are going to drive or not.

Southwest cheapest fare right now is $189 one way so I'm still holding out on that one.

Jennifer

magicaldisney
08-11-2006, 09:09 AM
This is our first Thanksgiving dinner at WDW. We will be eating at Crystal Palace. Basically, we are eating there because there wasn't much else available. Ohana only had tables for 2 open when I called. LTT is completely booked. If you haven't made ressies at Whispering Canyon, I would do so ASAP. :thumbsup2

01Sweetpea
08-11-2006, 09:11 AM
We're eating at HDDR.

magicaldisney
08-11-2006, 09:12 AM
We are eating Thanksgiving at Whispering Canyon! I've eaten there several times and I love it. I'm hoping they will still have their unlimited milk shakes but I don't have my hopes up.

I will mention that I made my ADR at 6AM at 180 days (on a cell phone in a hotel room no less!) and when I called about a month ago because I was thinking my flight arrival time was changing Whispering Canyon had almost nothing available, just a 9:30PM. I made an ADR at Brown Derby.

So right now I have 3 ADRs I know evil evil. :badpc: I PROMISE I will cancel two of them before the trip (significantly!) just as soon as I get my flight booked or we decide if we are going to drive or not.

Southwest cheapest fare right now is $189 one way so I'm still holding out on that one.

Jennifer

You don't happen to have your third ADR at LTT, do you? I'm trying to find a cancellation to grab. :teeth:

jlovesee
08-11-2006, 09:27 AM
I have two and Whispering Canyon, 1 at 1:45 and 1 and 2:45, the other is at 5:10 at Brown Derby. Once I get the whole travel plans thing organized I will post on this board first before I cancel. I wish I could have gotten LTT it was sold out before Nov 23 I believe thanks to the 180 + 10.

Jennifer

rebecsu
08-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Hi!
Thanksgiving at the Fort for us. Has anyone done this before??
Thanks!

Terk-1
08-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Will be dining at home with family, as I leave for WDW very early the next morning (4:15am for a 7:15am flight).

PatriciaH
08-11-2006, 01:06 PM
We are going to Le Cellier for dinner. We did Whispering Canyon last year and LTT the year before that.

elastigirlfan
08-11-2006, 01:42 PM
We are eating at Garden Grill in Epcot. This is our 1st Thanksgiving at WDW! :dumbo: :simba: :stitch: :figment: :tigger: :ccat:

smeagol
08-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Also our first Thanksgiving at WDW. We will be at Flying Fish. The Thanksgiving menu there and the one at Artist Point sounded the best to us, but we decided that the short walk from BCV to Flying Fish was preferable to making bus connections to the WL.

Cheers.

modernscarlett
08-11-2006, 03:45 PM
It will also be our first Thanksgiving at WDW - our first away from home period! We're eating at Rose and Crown in Epcot since we'll be there that day anyway, and they seemed to have a nice T'giving menu. Got a late lunch ADR!

carrie1626
08-11-2006, 04:50 PM
My family has ADR at The Cape May Cafe/ BeachClub. We ate there 2 years ago for Thanksgiving and loved it. MY dad is hoping we have the same server "Rodger" because he was so congenial. I know he's worked at Disney for a long time so we'll look for him!!

bell.of.the.ball
08-11-2006, 05:26 PM
It will also be our first Thanksgiving at WDW - our first away from home period! We're eating at Rose and Crown in Epcot since we'll be there that day anyway, and they seemed to have a nice T'giving menu. Got a late lunch ADR!

We ate at rhe Rose and Crown last year. My son and I had a great Turkey Late lunch.

dumbotink'smom
08-11-2006, 07:05 PM
The Artist's Point Menu from last year also looked like one of the best to us. Booked my reservation exactly 180 days before and got a 6:10 seating. Can't wait! :thumbsup2

checkwriter
08-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Look here as well:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/Thanksgiving.htm

beaniemom59
08-11-2006, 08:14 PM
We are a party of 11 and are having our first Thanksgiving at WDW at the Fort. Would really appreciate any information from anyone that has eaten there before.

cjsmom5
08-12-2006, 03:11 PM
We are eating at the Yacht Club Galley Thanksgiving evening. We arrive at 3pm and have ADRs for 7pm that night. This is what we did last year and it worked out great. The buffet is nothing spectacular as far as different foods ... it is traditional Thanksgiving ... but it was all very yummy to our tummies my DS8 asked to go back this year.

In previous years we ate at the POR food court (don't ... it tasted like cardboard) and also at the sitdown restaurant at POR (it was good). Other trips we ate at LLT but it is always way behind on the ADRs so the wait was longer and the park is very crowded.

llqool
08-12-2006, 03:27 PM
we are eating at 1900 park fare. We have a large group (21 of us!) so we'll be at 2 separate tables.

we ate there a couple of years ago and liked the holiday themed desserts (lots of gingerbread plus that gorgeous gingerbread house in the lobby where they give free samples!). you can't beat the GF's holiday decorations. plus, my daughter's going to love seeing Cinderella again...

PolyAddict
08-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Last year-Brown Derby!!! :thumbsup2

This year-Boma!!! :sunny:

caegan
08-12-2006, 04:13 PM
About 10 years ago my family enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at the Garden Grill in the Land pavilion at Epcot. It was a delicious traditional Thanksgiving meal and the character interaction was a lot of fun. It was my most memorable meal at WDW!

Simba's Mom
08-12-2006, 04:21 PM
The Artist's Point Menu from last year also looked like one of the best to us. Booked my reservation exactly 180 days before and got a 6:10 seating. Can't wait! :thumbsup2
Artist Point, from my experience, IS one of the best for Thanksgiving dinner. We ate there last year and the food, service, and atmosphere were all excellent.

TeresaNJ
08-12-2006, 05:21 PM
We'll be eating at Artist Point. This is our first Thanksgiving at WDW, and our first Thanksgiving away from family, as we are moving to Kissimmee the first week of September. I'm excited and sad at the same time. We could have cooked dinner, but I thought it might be too depressing with just the three of us.

c&ldisneylovers
08-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Last year - The Brown Derby
This year - Spirit of Aloha

bell.of.the.ball
08-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Ohanas for the 8 of us

leaannk
08-12-2006, 10:54 PM
This will be our first Thanksgiving @ WDW. DH and I will be at LTT, but not until 8:10 pm. Can't wait!!

LisaRay
08-12-2006, 10:59 PM
We have O'hana's booked for Thanksgiving day but I didn't realize that they were having a special menu. We are there for a week and that is the only night i booked Ohana's. It is our favorite place and we didn't want the traditional Thanksgiving meal. (DH & DS hate turkey anyway!) So after making a ressie 180+10 at 6am while driving home from Niagara falls (I was so affraid i would forget about it!) now we are not eating at our favorite place. Well I guess we are but we're not eating what we wanted to eat while there! I am SO upset about this! So much for all my planning. I haven't even been reading any of the posts about meals on Thanksgiving day since we already had our ressie and I thought it was at a non traditional place! ARGGHHHHH!! :sad2:

bornwiththeears
08-13-2006, 10:34 AM
Since I am the lone turkey lover of the family we will be eating at LeCellier. I can always eat turkey another day. We love LeCellier!!!

JMCDisneyBound
08-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Chef Mickey's for Us!! We arrive Th morning and thought it would be perfect to spend our first WDW Th with the "Big Cheese" himself :mickeyjum

bridgemanva
08-13-2006, 08:20 PM
Spoodles -- it's become our family tradition when we're in WDW for Thanksgiving. This year there are 15 of us.

travelitis
08-19-2006, 01:04 AM
jlovesee -

I sent you an e-mail hoping to pick up one of your scraps. lol! I'm really trying to get something outside of the parks (unless I could've had LTT) for Thanksgiving.

I have Yacht Club Galley, but it's not my first choice. We'll have a Japanese foreign exchange student with us, and I want her to experience this holiday yet stay out of the parks until the day after Thanksgiving. We'll be doing a day of Sea World, one day out of the parks (Thanksgiving), and one in Disney. The day out of the parks would be fun to ride the monorail, tour resorts to see decorations, go to Downtown Disney Marketplace, see the electrical light parade, and watch fireworks. I'd love to be in WDW the whole time, but our AP's expire and we need to wait to replace them. (military FL res - no discount for renewing)

BabyMo
08-19-2006, 10:37 AM
1900 Park Fare

cjsmom5
08-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Travelitis
We ate at YC Galley last year for Thanksgiving. The food itself was excellent and the flavor was yummy. The selection here is not as plentiful as the Beach Club which has the traditional turkey menu plus other things ... but we really enjoyed the food here. We are eating here again on Thanksgiving evening (around 6:30pm) as we arrive at 3:30pm that day.

TigerKat
08-19-2006, 11:07 AM
We're doing a non-traditional TDay - San Angel!!! :cool1:

mmluvr
08-19-2006, 01:08 PM
We are eating at the California Grill-I think our family snagged the last ADR. This is our first Thanksgiving at The World and we are looking forward to something different.

rlovew
08-19-2006, 01:33 PM
We are doing Trail End at Fort Wilderness. The food choices and price from last year looked the best to us since our real reason for being at Disney that weekend is my 30th birthday. My DH has never been there and it has been about 15 years since I was last there but I enjoyed it at the time.