PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian....is it worth 28.99?

Poohbear123
08-10-2006, 06:28 PM
I have ressies for Sat. at 8:30pm, how is the food?

peachgirl
08-10-2006, 07:07 PM
It was one of our favorites on our last trip! The food was excellent (loved the strawberry soup!) with a lot of variety.

The service was the absolute best we experienced and the price is no higher than some restaurants that aren't even character meals.

RIDisneyFan
08-10-2006, 07:12 PM
I'd like to hear some reviews also - we have an ADR in Sept for my DD's birthday.

Poohbear123
08-10-2006, 07:19 PM
It was one of our favorites on our last trip! The food was excellent (loved the strawberry soup!) with a lot of variety.

The service was the absolute best we experienced and the price is no higher than some restaurants that aren't even character meals.
OK, hope its worth it! ;)

disneysnowflake
08-10-2006, 07:22 PM
That's my favorite place to eat when we go to WDW.
The food is good. I like the variety. The strawberry soup is my favorite.

Cinderella2004
08-10-2006, 07:49 PM
It's so yummy!!!

They have a pasta dish that I can practically taste right now.....

I tried to add an ADR to our trip this week.....it was all booked :worried: :(

Enjoy!!!

Poohbear123
08-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Cinderella2004! ;)

mandy200587
08-10-2006, 08:05 PM
yumm strawberry soup. My mouth is watering thinking of it.

cgcruz
08-10-2006, 08:37 PM
We love this place, my fiance and I. It is a lot better than a typical buffet. Love the strawberry soup.

teamagic
08-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Ditto for me - the strawberry soup is so good. Now, I am hungry. LOL It is one of the best buffets at WDW and as an added perk - it is a character meal.

Jambo!424
08-10-2006, 10:58 PM
My family really didn't like it. We were there for my brother's birthday and we were extremely disappointed. The menu sounded good but we thought the food was just less than average buffet food. Also, service was not so great and character interaction was bad (and it was his birthday!). The price for the experience we had was completely outrageous, and we will definitely not be going back. If you want a really good buffet, try Boma at AKL. You'll get a better experience for less money. Sorry, not to offend anyone. Just being honest :) .

granmaz
08-11-2006, 02:42 AM
We have ADR's for the Grand Floridian Cafe. Keep wondering whether to change or not. Do you think 1900 Park Fare would be a better choice? Older and no children by the way! Thanks.

magicmouse2
08-11-2006, 03:16 AM
I thought the food was awesome, especially the freshly cooked pasta station. Desserts were just ok. Character interaction a little slow compared to the fast pace of Chef Mickeys. I think the food is worth the price. I am trying to schedule this one in if I can get an ADR. :thumbsup2

peachgirl
08-11-2006, 08:02 AM
My family really didn't like it. We were there for my brother's birthday and we were extremely disappointed. The menu sounded good but we thought the food was just less than average buffet food. Also, service was not so great and character interaction was bad (and it was his birthday!). The price for the experience we had was completely outrageous, and we will definitely not be going back. If you want a really good buffet, try Boma at AKL. You'll get a better experience for less money. Sorry, not to offend anyone. Just being honest :) .

That's what makes these boards so great, you get opinions from all sides!

We loved 1900 and Boma was undoubtedly the worst! It was the single worst service we've ever experienced at WDW restaurants!

Princess Sammi
08-11-2006, 08:14 AM

So glad to hear this. We have ressies there for Dec. My sisters and I chose this buffet based on the menu. When we came across the strawberry soup, we thought that was an odd soup. But from what I've been reading about it, I can't wait ti try it!!

bctripp
08-11-2006, 08:19 AM
We ate there last week (Thursday Dinner), and had good service. The food was good, lots of things to choose from. My husband liked the shrimp. The characters made it to our table in a decent amount of time. I had no problems with it, and i'd go back again. This was our 3rd or 4th time there for dinner. To me a lot of the buffets around WDW are the same with a few different items mixed in. Maybe we just ate so much its all atarting to blend together!

drsanvil
08-11-2006, 08:20 AM
We couldn't have been more pleased with our meal. Not only did we think this was an awesome buffet, but this was one of the best buffet meals we have ever had - inside or out of WDW! And with 4 kids - we do ALOT of buffets! Our server was great. Only complaint I could make is that it's generally crowded and loud - but it's a character meal with tons of kids - should be expected. We will be retuning to 1900 Park Fare when we visit in Feb.

TMC
08-11-2006, 10:56 AM
The Grand Floridian Cafe was wonderful. We ate there a few weeks ago and our children even enjoyed the menu. We also ate at the 1900 park fare and I would highly recommend the Cafe over 1900.

Sorry..

elastigirlfan
08-11-2006, 01:46 PM
We really liked it when we went. It's so beautiful inside and Prince Charming was great with my 2 girls. It's a great place to take a "Cindy" fan especially if you can't get into CRT or don't want to pay the higher prices for CRT. We are going again this year.

tinker*dust
08-11-2006, 01:51 PM
Loved it! :thumbsup2

jenniferma
08-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Check out:
Disney Dining at it's Finest - New Pics in Post #1. Update Post #45. by Scanne-- it is on the top of the dining review board right now. I thought she had some great photos of the food at Park Fare. (sorry I dont' know how to post a link!)

We went there on our trip in May-- we all really liked it a lot. We mainly went for Cinderella, but the food was excellent as well.

have a great trip- jen

Cindy's Mom
08-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Its our favorite place to eat while at WDW. 2 things that I especially love, 1) those triangle portobello mushroom raviolis in butter sauce and 2) FRESH BREWED COFFEE, none of the Nescafe garbage.

Princess Sammi
08-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Its our favorite place to eat while at WDW. 2 things that I especially love, 1) those triangle portobello mushroom raviolis in butter sauce and 2) FRESH BREWED COFFEE, none of the Nescafe garbage.

You guys are making me hungry. I can't wait to go in Dec. We chose PF due to their menu. I didn't know anything about it until I read these posts. So glad we made the ressies almost a month ago. They only had one time available for that day left and we grabbed it (16 of us)

Christmas 2006 :banana:

kcashner
08-11-2006, 03:28 PM
It is the best of the character buffets. THere are many hidden gems on the buffet like the scones on the bread table.

All Disney meals could be purchased for less if you weren't at Disney...but you pay for the atmosphere as well as the food. The food here is good.

Lindy Loo
08-11-2006, 03:30 PM
loved the deco, the food ( the strawberry soup! ) and the character interaction!

go, only you can decide, however at least you would have been !

Whats the worse thing to happen????

We are going back in Oct for our 4th meal, in 2 trips.

maxiesmom
08-11-2006, 03:43 PM
My family did this 2 yrs ago, and loved it! :love: After planning our ADR's for our trip this fall, I just had to add it. The food is yummy and the characters were great. It was not the frantic, rushed pace of Chef Mickey's. It did take a while to see Prince Charming and Cincerella, but they did spend alot of time with each table. My then 4yr old niece was in full Cinderella gear, and had to show Prince Chariming how her wand lit up and how her crown flashed. He oohed and ahhed over them, and she had the biggest smile on her face! princess:

The same niece wants to do the Bibbity Bobbity Botique this trip, so we just have to go to dinner afterwords. You can't get all dressed up and not go somewhere, can you? ;)

Poohbear123
08-11-2006, 06:51 PM
loved the deco, the food ( the strawberry soup! ) and the character interaction!

go, only you can decide, however at least you would have been !

Whats the worse thing to happen????

We are going back in Oct for our 4th meal, in 2 trips.
Thanks, I was thinking of skipping it, but I think I will go now, thanks to the great posts. ;)

Princess Sammi
08-11-2006, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=kcashner]It is the best of the character buffets. THere are many hidden gems on the buffet like the scones on the bread table.

When I called for a ressie on Christmas, they told me that there will be extra "holiday" dishes added to the regular menu. They weren't specific though. My dd5 is going to absolutely love this (Cinderella) :love: and so will I (the food) :thumbsup2

bobbiwoz
08-12-2006, 06:00 AM
We enjoy it too. We'll be going for our third time on this upcoming trip. I flip for the strawberry soup.

Bobbi :goodvibes

tinkamom
08-12-2006, 07:06 AM
1900 Park Fare is one of DD12's favorites. I'm not a big fan of buffets so it only gets an OK from me. I do like their broccoli salad though.

pooh2001
08-12-2006, 07:20 AM
We eat at 1900 Park Fair for our 1st dinner at WDW.
We love it.

Most kids are not rowdy here.
Chef Mickeys is loud, so the kids get loud.

1900 Park Fair is laid back & elegant. The kids act the same.

We have done 1900 Park fair dinner since our kids were 7 years old.
Of course we ate then at 5:30 PM.

Now we do a 7 PM dinner ADR. A bit less of the wee folks running around.

Kids or no-kids - I would recommend 1900 Park Fair.

We also do a breakfast at 1900 Park Fair about mid-way thru our WDW adventure :)

nicoleakr
08-12-2006, 08:01 AM
We have ADR's for the Grand Floridian Cafe. Keep wondering whether to change or not. Do you think 1900 Park Fare would be a better choice? Older and no children by the way! Thanks.

We ate at both. The food was good in both , however I like the Grand Floridian Cafe better. The 1900 was great for the kids and they loved the charters. I like the quiet of the grand floridian. (if you like seafood , you may like the 1900 park fare better)

olbear
08-12-2006, 08:03 AM
From one POOH fan to another...

You're gonna love it!!! The food is simply some of the best on property and as has been said, the service is wonderful, and also you have some terrific character interaction. We don't even have kids to take, but it is still one of our very favorite places to dine while at the "World".

Blessings,
Winnie

tbthomps
08-12-2006, 09:31 AM
We haven't been to Disney in two years....upon planning my upcoming trip I asked my DD6 where she'd like to dine.....

without missing a beat, she stated she wanted to go back to eat with Cinderella but not in the castle!!

1900 Park Fare was her FAVORITE!!! :banana: :banana: