PDA

View Full Version : Too many character meals??

momfor4
08-10-2006, 02:39 PM
HELP!
We are going to WDW and I have been reviewing my ADR's. I am wondering if I have too many character meals scheduled?? We are there 8 nights on DP and this is what we have-

Chef Mickeys dinner, PSB Breakfast, CP Dinner, Parke FAre Breakfast, Cinderellas Table Breakfast, - So that is 5 character meals- We have 4 kids- 1 girl and 3 boys ages 4-8. .

We also are doing whispering canyon dinner, ohanas dinner, Lecelliar dinner and HDDR dinner. I would actually like to save an extra credit to use for HDDR since it takes 2 credits.

Help I am just not sure if this is over kill on the character meals?? I think they would love the Mickey meal, daughter love PSB, just she and I going to castle, think my boys would like Mad hatter etc at park fare. So I guess I don't know if CP is really worth it or not? Or should I take something else off the list?
Thanks for any help!

Ashley80
08-10-2006, 02:53 PM
I think your ADR's sound really good! :thumbsup2 How often do you get to go to character meals?? There will always be time for plain jane restaurants the whole rest of the year everywhere else you go! Just think about how much your kids will enjoy it! :goodvibes

disneynewbee
08-10-2006, 03:59 PM
I would say you don't have too many since we have the same number planned. We have Chef Mickey for breakfast, 1900 park fare for dinner, princess storybook for breakfast, Donalds for breakfast, CP for dinner. We also have whispering canyon, sci fi, 50pt, and hddr. All kids fun type restaurants but I love these myself so everyones happy. I would have done Ohanas if we hadn't did it on our last trip.

everest
08-10-2006, 04:05 PM
There can never be to many

tripletsmama
08-10-2006, 04:22 PM
We have 4 planned for an 8 night trip. As others have said, I figure we can go to regular restaurants at home, it's only in Disney that my girls can eat with their favorite characters!

TBGOES2DISNEY
08-10-2006, 04:24 PM
I think your ADRs sound fantastic! I wish I could add more because I love to eat out and don't get to go to TS restaurants much, but they would have to be OOP, and DH doesn't want to do that. :( Party pooper. lol

My choices based on dds and me: LTT, CRT, Afternoon Tea (our only OOP), LeCellier, O'hana, and CP

His choices: Biergarten and Coral Reef

I'd love to add at least PSB and maybe CP breakfast. Of course, 1900 Park Faire sounds cute. I'm also curious about Chef Mickey's and WC. HDDR might be fun! Kona's Tonga toast sounds good... And then there's... :rotfl:

shelleyr25
08-10-2006, 04:25 PM
We have one planned for every day of our trip. I figured the same as the above poster...you cant have a meal like that at home (unless of course mom puts on a Mickey costume!! LOL) so I say...go for it!!!! The more the better!!!

ReneeA
08-10-2006, 04:33 PM
I think I am the lone person to say - Yes, I think that is too many character meals.

We have 2 planned for our 8 night trip and I'm wishing I could cancel one of them. I just like a nice, relaxing dinner where you aren't eating buffet or pre-plated food.

The other issue I had was that my kids were only 2 & 3 on our last trip, and we did CP for breakfast. Neither kid ate one bite of food. Wide open mouths staring in amazement. It was great for atmosphere and pictures, but very annoying when DD asked for popcorn as we stepped out of the restaurant. Too many meals like that and they both would starve on vacation.

GC&S
08-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Last year we were there 6 days. We had 5 character dinings scheduled and we cancelled the last one so we only did four. Why did we cancel? Because I couldn't stand another character dining! They were so stressful to me - everytime we would try to go get food, a character would come so we had to go back to our table. We all had a good time but honestly, I was so exhausted at the end of each character meal. DD never ate anything because she was so excited so then we'd end up feeding her after the meal. This trip we are there 7 days and we are doing 3 character dinings. We loved seeing the characters but sometimes there is too much of a good thing!!

daisyduck123
08-10-2006, 06:15 PM
If your kids enjoy them, then you can never have too many character meals. My DD & DS love them. In May, during our 9 day trip, we ate at 5 character dinner buffets. Next time, we are going to add 1 more to our regulars.

tammy1210
08-10-2006, 06:22 PM
I think that you can have too many character meals - but I think it totally depends on your kids - and their ages. Younger kids - especially toddlers, can and do get distracted by the characters - this is what happened when we went in 2004 when they were 4 and 1. But, I really think that if your happy with your ADR's you should leave it - I think your kids are a great age for them - and like everyone else said, how often do you get to enjoy a Disney Character Meal? :cool1:

Eeyore2003
08-10-2006, 06:27 PM
I think it's fine. I did 6 with my 8 y/o neice in November and it was great. By the time that 8 year old goes again, he/she will think they're "to old", so enjoy them while they're that young!!! BTW, I think your dinner choices are fantastic, PLUS, I think at the ages of your children, the thing they like the most is getting autographs and character meals are the best way to do that.

Brian Noble
08-10-2006, 06:29 PM
It really depends on you and your family, but we had 3 (DB, GG, and PSB) on our last trip of 7 days, and DW and I agreed that it was one too many.

jennlovestom
08-10-2006, 06:35 PM
we have 3 planned back to back. if i could have more i would

Amyrlin
08-10-2006, 07:59 PM
How can you have too many characters meals?

I think they will have a blast.

kabbie
08-11-2006, 01:11 AM
I agree with everyone! Can't possibly have too many character meals!!!
I have 3 planned for my upcoming 5 night stay. I think I have them spaced out good though.

The only one I would think about cancelling is the PSB. I like more variety than 2 princess meals. But you know what's best for your family. It's a good thing your 3 boys are sitting out the CRT bfast.