PDA

View Full Version : California Grill - Is wishes music piped in?

RedsoxMickey
08-10-2006, 03:11 PM
I seem to remember it was but now I am not sure.

Fall1
08-10-2006, 03:29 PM
It was when we went it May, it was great!

maleficent_man
08-10-2006, 04:45 PM
I don't know about inside cause I've always been on the Observation deck when I've been for Wishes...and it is piped there...it's wonderful. :thumbsup2

Amyrlin
08-10-2006, 04:57 PM
It usually is.

hmp2z
08-10-2006, 05:57 PM
It was this past Tuesday night!
Cheers!
Heather W

RedsoxMickey
08-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Thank you everyone. Some one had told me they stopped piping it in and I did not believe them. Thank you for confirming

I just booked my late night ADR.

LeesyUD
08-10-2006, 09:56 PM
I was there this past october but you could barely hear any of the music and they did not dim the lights...i was kind of disppointed

baby_natz16
08-11-2006, 04:28 AM
I agree, I was very dissapointed because I couldnt really hear the music at all over the noise of the restaurant. The fireworks experience just passed by, without most guests realising that it was happening. We had a window seat, but the fireworks just seemed like a small burst of light in the distance. It's much better to watch the fireworks in the park, better view, better ambiance. Food was very good at california grill tho! :) xxx

mom of one
08-11-2006, 08:53 AM
I am working on my ADR's for our Nov. 9-16th trip. Is Wishes everynight and what time should my ADR be? I have a 5 yr old who is looking forward to it, and I want her to be able to enjoy it. When I make the ADR, do I have to ask for Observation deck?

CrzyforPiglet
08-11-2006, 12:47 PM
We were there this past May and I also don't think they dimmed the lights and if there was music it was barely audible. When we went 7 years ago it was definitely a more magical experience. We would still go back again though b/c we still love the view!

RedsoxMickey
08-11-2006, 01:59 PM
I am working on my ADR's for our Nov. 9-16th trip. Is Wishes everynight and what time should my ADR be? I have a 5 yr old who is looking forward to it, and I want her to be able to enjoy it. When I make the ADR, do I have to ask for Observation deck?

Wishes is everynight. The time depends on the time of year. I am not sure what time they do wishes during your trip.
Like many of Disney's food establishments you can only request a specific location/view at check in and have no guarantee of such.
You want reservations ideally about an hour before wishes.

I may be cancelling my reservations if you cannot hear wishes or see it well do to lighting issues at the Cali. I am staying at the CR so I will plan on doing a little investigating when I arrive to determine if I am going to keep the reservations.

The fireworks are worth it by themselves, however the show is designed to be enjoyed with the music.
With a 5 year old my recommendation would be to watch the show from inside the magic kingdom.

baby_natz16
08-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Hey guys

The observation deck is an area where you can stand and view the fireworks, but most people sit at their tables to get the view. It's part of why you choose to eat there. Anyone can go to the observation deck. The food is really good at the restaurant, brilliant steaks. However, given that this restaurant is 2 dining plan vouchers, I would save one and go to le cellier for even better steaks and check out the parks for a better fireworks experience. It's nice to be able to hear when fireworks go bang....not just see some light in the distance.

Have a great visit!!!!!!!

Simba's Mom
08-13-2006, 06:23 PM
"Anyone can go on the observation deck"? I thought that was why they had check-in on the second floor, so that only the restaurant patrons could go out on the observation deck. I was planning to go out there when I eat at CG-does it get crowded?

hmp2z
08-13-2006, 06:30 PM
I don't think that anyone can go on the observation deck. You have to have eaten at CG that night, in order to be able to use the deck.

And yes, it does get crowded. It was PACKED last week; we were lucky we had a table by the window, or else we would have had to go reserve a standing spot 20-30 minutes before the fireworks started. If you're eating at this time, without a window seat, it can be a real problem.

As someone else pointed out, while they do pipe the music in, they don't dim the lights. Many people just kept talking loudly, and the reflections of the interior lights on the glass did interfere a bit with the fireworks view. We had, for the first time EVER, though, a LOVELY window table with a gorgeous view of the castle & fireworks. Even the loud talkers & reflecting lights didn't bother us a whit.

Cheers!
Heather W

LeesyUD
08-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Anyone can go to the observation deck.

They have changed this. Check in is on the second floor and only guests dining at California Grill can go up to the observation deck.

jessyj1977
08-14-2006, 01:21 AM
I have to add my 2 cents... I went to the CG on my 29th birthday and it was the best day of my life. I had ADR's for 9:00 and we got to see Wishes right by the window of the CG. I highly recommend this restaurant for Wishes and they do pipe in the music. :dance3: