PDA

View Full Version : dining plan dessert question

MichelleB
08-10-2006, 12:45 PM
With the dining plan, can you order a side of fruit in place of the dessert? I really don't want my kids having dessert twice in one day.

fredw
08-10-2006, 01:25 PM
At the CS in all of the parks this past May we were able to get fruit as our desert. It was usually a bowl of mixed fruit. grapes, watermelon etc.
It was really very tasty and refreshing. Hope this helps. :thumbsup2

Tam1067
08-10-2006, 03:33 PM
We also got fresh fruit at CS spots throughout the parks this July. Captain Cook's (the temporary location at the Poly) also let me do this--I got fresh pineapple a couple of times. In the parks, we got grapes and also mixed fruit, depending on the location.

jjatwdw
08-10-2006, 04:03 PM
We did this at both cs and ts restaurants.

Ashley80
08-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Unless its for medical/weight reasons, why don't you give a little exception a couple of times since you guys will be in Disneyworld for vacation? :confused3 Don't they deserve it?? (and YOU too?) :goodvibes

MichelleB
08-10-2006, 04:35 PM
I agree it's vacation and they do deserve it, but once a day is enough. My kids and husband bounce off walls with a little sugar. They'll be flying high all day on one dessert...trust me.

jennifer293
08-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Yes you can get fruit, I had to do this many times because I have diabetes. You can also get it as a snack in the food courts.

ReneeA
08-10-2006, 05:13 PM
I can totally understand your concern. Along with the sugar in dessert, there are those that ask why I don't allow my 3&4 year olds Cola on occasion. :sad2: I want to ask them, "Okay, I'll fill them full of both sugar and caffeine and then I will be sending them home with you for the next 24 hours. Bring them back later and let me know what a great idea it was." These would be the same people asking why we can't control our children in public. :lmao:

Yes, we got fruit at quite a few locations last year instead of the dessert. I think it's a common request.