PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants for babies

disney1742
08-10-2006, 04:24 AM
Hi Forum.
Is there any good restaurants for babies? (mean good baby food) mine is 1.3 yo ...
any recomendations?
Thanks!
Happy Holidays

EEYOREMAMA
08-10-2006, 04:49 AM
:welcome: To the Disboards!!!

Most Dis restaurants are kid friendly. When my 2 were younger (2 & 3) I made the mistake of going a little over their age level. We thought the fish tank at Coral Reef would keep them amused. The restaurant still has a picture of them in the lobby with a circle and a line thru it. "Don't let these children back in." :rotfl:

That being said, any restaurant will accomodate you and any given day is up for grabs. At that age if they are tired, cranky, bored, etc... it doesn't matter which restaurant you choose. I would recommend staying away from the higher priced ones, (because you will get "the looks" if your child disrupts their meal

Cape May is fun because it's well lit and buffet-style. There are all kinds of things to try. We always went with the food courts or self-service style because they were easier to get in and out of. Hopefully, some other disboarders will chime in with their opinions and you can get some other ideas. Have a wonderful vacation!!!!!!

disney1742
08-10-2006, 08:53 AM
:welcome: To the Disboards!!!

Most Dis restaurants are kid friendly. Have a wonderful vacation!!!!!!
Thanks a lot :) EEYOREMAMA :cheer2:

Any other opinions, dear members?

El&Asmom
08-10-2006, 11:15 AM
We're going in 3.5 weeks with our 3yr old and 9 month old. We've chosen mainly character meals that are buffets. We went when dd was 18 month old, and decided it was easier to get to a place and not have to sit around to order drinks, look at a menu, wait for your food, the bill...
We've also scheduled Kona and Le Cellier this trip as our only non buffets.
Hopefully the kids will cooperate.
I'm grateful that we have free dining. When we went last time, we ate somewhere that ended up being around $70 for the three of us, (dd was still free). She had a meltdown in the middle of it, and we barely got to eat. We were so bummed that we spent all that money and didn't get to enjoy it.
Just don't set your expectations up that you're going to sit down to nice leisurely meals every single time. We eat out a ton at home, so our kids are used to it, but still have the occasional meal where one of us is walking around the restaurant with the kids while the other eats.
Have fun.

Ms.Mouse
08-10-2006, 12:06 PM
The only restaurants that are certainly NOT for kids are...

Victoria & Albert's
Bistro de Paris
And I wouldn't bring a child to Shula's Steak House. Because a child's menu is not available, I'd assume kids aren't very welcome.

A while ago, there was a huge discussion on this board about which restaurants children should/shouldn't be able to go to..... I'd go to www.allearsnet.com and look at the menu section... If there is a kids menu, then kids are welcome and I wouldn't be hesitant to bring your 1.3 year old kid to any of those restaurants.

Have fun on your trip.

pilferk
08-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Here's a partial list of places we did back in January (with 3 year old and 16 month old):

1900 Park Faire
Crystal Palace
Chef Mickey's
Liberty Tree Tavern
Tony's Town Square
Kona's Cafe (breakfast)
Ohana's
Boma's

There's at least 2 or 3 more thrown in there, but my memory is being a bit faulty at the moment.

They all worked out great for the kiddies. Now, normally our kids are good "out to eat" kinda kids anyway, so your mileage may vary.

One thing I can say: The Buffets were great because neither kid had to wait very long for food. That kept them happier, which, in turn, kept us happier. The ONLY place where we ate where there were any issues was Liberty Tree. Both kids pitched fits because the wait was longer than they really wanted it to be. But I chalk that up to the fact it was lunch on our first day, we'd been up since, literally, 3 AM, it was 1 PM, and they were bushed and ready for a nap (which they got, in their strollers, right after we ate.....and they were fine for the rest of the day).

sleepyone
08-10-2006, 12:56 PM
What I noticed with my little ones is that we had the best luck with table service meals at lunch time. They were just too tired and cranky around dinner time to sit still so, we find that a quick counter service meal is best for dinner.

ETA: We found that buffets were harder for us. Between dh and I getting our own food and food for the little ones, we felt a little rushed. The kids finished eating well before us at buffets since we started eating last (juggling kids & food). I felt like my head was spinning.:rotfl:

lovesdumbo
08-10-2006, 01:01 PM
My youngest has been to WDW at 11 months, 20 months and 33 months. The Crystal Palace with Pooh characters has been a huge hit with her every time. We've been for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the food is great at all 3.

I tried the Garden Grill in Epcot for the first time in May with just my oldest. It was nice and it was nice that it was served family style so you didn't have to keep going up to the buffet. We saw Mickey, Chip & Dale and Pluto.

pilferk
08-10-2006, 01:02 PM
What I noticed with my little ones is that we had the best luck with table service meals at lunch time. They were just too tired and cranky around dinner time to sit still so, we find that a quick counter service meal is best for dinner.

LOL, that just goes to show just how different, different kids are! :)

We found counter service for lunch was best, because the kids were antsy to get moving and back into the parks, and didn't want to take the time to do a "sit down". We found Dinner TS/Buffets to be better because, usually, we were out of the parks already and there was less urgency on the kids (who am I kidding, on my 3 year old daughters's) part to get moving to ride Dumbo, or whatever. The crankiness, at all but one meal, seemed to be ok, FOR US. Ditto on the "Buffet Relay Race" tactics of swapping off to go get food (though we should be good at it with how often we've gone to the local Chinese Buffet!). Obviously, everyone else's mileage, depending on your kids, their biorythms, their hair color, and their need to fly on a big elephant,etc, will vary.

disney1742
08-14-2006, 01:55 AM
thanks pilerk

Mackey Mouse
08-14-2006, 06:16 AM
Hi Disney1742, welcome to the Dis..

I would look here as well. Actually this is where I look when I need information. We have very skilled researchers and writers here on the Dis that work very hard to bring us the up to date information concerning WDW..

The restaurants are divided by parks, resorts, and downtown Disney:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining.htm

disney1742
08-18-2006, 09:03 AM
Thanks everyone!!!

disney1742
10-08-2006, 11:56 PM
Hi Disney1742, welcome to the Dis..

I would look here as well. Actually this is where I look when I need information. We have very skilled researchers and writers here on the Dis that work very hard to bring us the up to date information concerning WDW..

The restaurants are divided by parks, resorts, and downtown Disney:

many thanks for the link Mackey Mouse :)