PDA

View Full Version : LeCellier w/ 4 kids (3,8,11,15)?

damkmi
08-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Hello, this is my first time posting here but I have been reading for months now.

I have a question. We are a party of 7 (myself, dh, mil, 3 year old ds, 8 year old dd, 11 year old ds, and 15 year old dn).

We really want to try LeCellier, but I'm not sure if it's going to be right for the kids. Is it an "adultly" type place or are the kids welcomed there? They are generally pretty good in restaurants, but still kids are kids. I made a 4 pm seating hoping that it wouldn't be too busy.

Any suggestions?

crisi
08-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Hello, this is my first time posting here but I have been reading for months now.

I have a question. We are a party of 7 (myself, dh, mil, 3 year old ds, 8 year old dd, 11 year old ds, and 15 year old dn).

We really want to try LeCellier, but I'm not sure if it's going to be right for the kids. Is it an "adultly" type place or are the kids welcomed there? They are generally pretty good in restaurants, but still kids are kids. I made a 4 pm seating hoping that it wouldn't be too busy.

Any suggestions?

My kids ate here at 4 and 5 and again at 6 and 7. The chocolate moose kids dessert is wonderful.

It isn't as interactive as some restaurants - my kids PREFER the atmosphere at a place like Sci Fi or San Angel Inn or Biergarten, but the food is good and they do fine.

The only word of warning I have (and its always busy at Le Cellier) is to let your server know that you have antsy kids. Make your decisions before you get seated, order ASAP and ask the server to keep the meal moving. Particularly if you do three courses, this can get to be a long meal with kids. Tip appropriately (that may mean extra if you are on the Dining Plan).

seven dwarfs
08-09-2006, 10:53 PM
This is a family fav. The kids pick this every trip. My kids this year are 6, 6, 4, 4, 4, and 2. We have eaten here for 4 years now so they have been younger. We do know what we want to order when we arrive. You can even look at the menu while you are waiting. So we order as soon as they take the drink order. Give it a try. It is really good.

WAHMto5
08-09-2006, 11:16 PM
This is also our families favorite place to eat. We always take all 5 of ours (ages 1~17 yrs)and it is no problem!

LuluLovesDisney
08-09-2006, 11:55 PM
Kids are welcome :)

Atmosphere - I'm pretty sure your 3 oldest will enjoy it. The three year old might get antsy, especially if there's a wait to get to your table (as there sometimes is) or a wait for the food. Maybe bring a few things to play with during the wait? Is the three year old used to dining in restaurants? Let me also add that it depends more on the child than the age. I can give lots of examples of that.

Food choices - Have you seen a menu? Check allearsnet.com and see if you think the kids will like it. If they like steak or chocolate mousse, I'd try it! :)

fizz13
08-10-2006, 05:13 AM
I was there last week and there were plenty of kids around. I didn't think it was an adult environment at all and they will feel totally comfortable, especially with an early time like that. Go and enjoy!

bluejasmine
08-10-2006, 07:55 AM
I think the kids will love the pretzel bread and the desserts.. I say go for it! Its WDW and ppl should expect children in the TS places IMHO..

faindrops27
08-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Wow!! Seven dwarfs, you are a SuperMom. I have 3 kids 12, 4, 2. I thought. I had alot of babies. Wow, you are Super!! :thumbsup2

seven dwarfs
08-10-2006, 11:50 AM
faindrops27:

Thanks. Let just say our life never has a dull moment. Everyone says we should write a book! Maybe if I do it will be funny in 20 years!LOL :rotfl:

We love it and have tons of fun. I am babysitting a 3 month old today! Just can't say no.

damkmi
08-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Thanks everyone.

I have looked at the online menu and we are planning on printing it out. It's a great idea to plan ahead.

The 11 and 14 year old boys love steak, so I'm sure they will enjoy it. We eat out a lot so the 3 year old is a seasoned pro. I'll be sure to supply some crayons and paper or something, just in case.

Thanks again. I think I'm driving myself crazy with all the choices! :crazy:
Oh, decisions, decisions!

DisneyMom5
08-10-2006, 06:05 PM
We took our 6, ages (at the time) 11,9, 6, 4, 2, and 1. They liked it. They talk about going there again. We had the earliest lunch seating we could get (before noon), and that worked well.

zurgswife
08-10-2006, 07:02 PM
My kids 15, 13, 12 and 9 have loved going for the past 4 yrs....it is a family favorite.

vacation4me
08-10-2006, 08:19 PM
My DH really wants to eat at LeCellier, so I was wondering if I should bring my 2 year old DD. Does LeCellier have a kids menu to order from?

DisneyMom5
08-11-2006, 08:29 AM
My DH really wants to eat at LeCellier, so I was wondering if I should bring my 2 year old DD. Does LeCellier have a kids menu to order from?

Yes. Check it out at www.allearsnet.com
They even have grilled chicken and steak. Enjoy!

sharlon
08-11-2006, 12:12 PM
We at there on July 30 with DD9, DD7, and DS1. We all loved it. It was our first night of our trip and what a great start. We had never eaten there before and were getting a little concerned after reading some threads here, but it turned out to be our favorite meal of the trip. We did have a considerable wait, being seated almost 40 minutes after our ADRs, but there was a very pushy man with a party of 9 in front of us who pitched a fit if anyone was seated before him. (I don't think he understood the concept of ADRs and made it quite difficult on the castmembers).
Anyway, there were kids menus with games/puzzles and crayons given to each child, including my one year old who thought he should eat the crayons. Our waiter was fantastic and paid particular attention to the kids. He made sure that DS1 had milk (no charge) even though he was not covered on the Dining Plan. The girls both loved their food. They asked for some slight changes to their desserts which were accomodated with no problem.
We can't wait to return to Le Cellier. :thumbsup2

crisi
08-11-2006, 02:26 PM

Only a few restaurants at WDW don't - Victoria and Alberts, Shulas - Bistro de Paris?

Now, there is a difference between "having a kid's menu" and "being a comfortable place for an active toddler" - personally, I'd stay out of any two credit restaurant (except Cindy's, of course) unless your two year old is extraordinary well behaved - most kids just aren't up for a two hour meal and its a sin to have a $45 steak go cold because of frequent trips to check out the bathroom.

CyndieGrams
08-13-2006, 03:43 PM
We just ate at Le Cellier on August 8th and loved it. Our ressie was for 6:20 pm. There were 4 of us, my DH, DD (30) and grandson (3). Grandson fell asleep in the stroller on our walk from the bus to the restaurant. It was an umbrella stroller and they just removed a chair and we pushed the stroller right up to the table and let him sleep. He woke up about half way through our meal, and then we ordered dinner for him. Joseph was our waiter and he was fantastic. The food was excellent. We were on the dining plan, so we could order what we wanted. We had the cheese soup, mussels and beef kabob for appetizers..they were all great. If you are a mussels fan they were very, very good. We all had steaks for our meal. We samples all of the desserts and enjoyed them all. If you want to try a different drink, the Icewine martini was really really good. Joseph explained the IceWine and we decided to give it a try. So glad that we did. Let me know if you have any other questions.

laura001
08-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Kids are definately welcome, it is our families favourite place to eat. As long as your children use the same manners etc. that would be expected of them in any restaurant they, and you, will be fine and will have a great meal.

Enjoy!

nicolemomof4cuties
08-13-2006, 07:28 PM
We took our 4 children ( ages at time were 6, 4, 3, and 1) there last year and had a wonderful meal. The desserts are fun and taste good. The only thing that I didn;t like was the pace of the dinner. My children want to go back this year though.

PA Princess
08-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Our family has always loved this restaurant, and we made ourselves leave it off the list for our next trip simply to make room for some new restaurants. But it is one we know we will be back to.

Last trip in summer 2005 our kids were 10, 9, 5, and 6 months and we all enjoyed ourselves. We had a small wait for a table and our five year old busied herself by "helping" the waitstaff (she was counting out menus for the host/hostesss) to take to the tables for the guests.

I am a stickler about good behavior in restaurants, and I tried to put a stop to this but the staff insisted they loved her help. Okay, it helped dd pass the 20 minute wait in a low key place. The staff there were the kind of people who make Disney what it is and they were just awesome. Didn't they just go give dd the royal treatment the whole meal...acted like she was an employee - asked if she could pick up shifts for them, took her on a tour oif the kitchen, asked what she thought of the food, a bunch of stuff!

It really was funny and dd loved it! At the end of the meal they presented dd with a magical moments certificate for her "work" at the restaurant. So while the atmosphere may appear more grown up, be assured that the people employed here understand and like kids :-)

DCDisney
08-20-2006, 09:37 AM
It's my kids favorite restaurant. They were 6 and 8 in January for our last trip. It was a long meal and the 6 year old was a bit whiny at the waiting for the check stage. They loved the breads. They said the food tasted better than any other restaurant. They LOVED the kids desserts. It was a long meal though--with the wait for our table (party of 6-25 minutes) included we were there for 2 hours and our ADR was for 5:40.

Yvonne