PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe???

TinaLala
08-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Someone had posted a picture of the food you get at this dinner, however I was wondering if it is a true thumbs up meal? We've never been and we're adding it as a new one this year.

Also, can someone tell me about the bucket of soda? DH is a BIG coke drinker and this would be a huge plus!!

Charlotte&Carolina
08-09-2006, 03:17 PM
We tried it earlier this year and enjoyed it - we had the AYCE skillet. Too much food, really! No room for desserts!

If the drink is what I saw on another table it is huge. It was the same height as if you put your elbow on the table and went up to your wrist. The top was at least 4" wide and it was shaped like a mason jar - it went out from there. I was amazed - didn't know they made anything like that!

I'll look and see if I have a picture to post unless someone else can find one first.

Drcell01
08-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Make sure you ask for KETCHUP!!! LOL

Beckysc
08-09-2006, 03:46 PM
We ate there last year and will be back in Sept. My DH had the AYCE skillet and I had the grille pork chops. We thought everything was great and my boys liked their chicken tenders and the fun stuff going on.

lucky978
08-09-2006, 04:00 PM
We love it at WCC! DH has got the All You can Eat Skillett before and loved it. I always get the same dish - some pasta/chicken meal. The girls usually get ribs.

It's loads of fun! Enjoy!

SaraMc
08-09-2006, 04:14 PM
DH and I got the AYCE skillet when we went in Feb. It was really really good. We ended up getting more of somethings like the pulled pork, garlic mashed potatoes and corn on the cob ( partly the fact that I have craved corn on the cob my whole entire pregnancy) I thought we had pictures of it, but turns out we have a picture of the skillet on the table but its empty as its really a picture of us at WCC drinking our giant carafe of water that "Diamond Lil" brought us.

donnabres
08-09-2006, 06:11 PM
I took my grandson in June, it was a surprise for him. He's 12 and loved it. He didn't know about the antics of the waitstaff, and said this is a crazy restaurant. We went for lunch, and I was very disappointed when we got there that they had catsup on the tables already.

It didn't take him long to get it, and he had a great time. He loved the all you can drink choco milkshake. And we were celebrating his birthday, so they brought him a chocolate cake with whipped cream.

I give it a big thumbs up.......

Donna

momof2disprincesses
08-09-2006, 06:37 PM
My DH really wanted one of those really big sodas, so last time we went, he winked and said to our server "Can I have a REALLY big diet coke?" She winked back and brought him the HUGE one. He was in diet coke heaven :thumbsup2

I'd post the picture we have, but I don't know how to post pictures. Can anyone walk me through how to take it from my Kodak Easy Share file to a post?

wdwpirates
08-09-2006, 07:21 PM
My hubby and I have eaten here twice, both visits were great. Good service and good food!! No complaints here. I LOVE when the horses start galloping around!! :teeth:

RangerPooh
08-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Dinner is pretty good. Much better tha lunch IMO. When we eat there we get the all you cna eat skillet which is good and you can specifically ask for certain items repeatedly. Dinner is also fun as there are more antics then.

ceecee
08-09-2006, 09:38 PM
We didn't like it. We had terrible service, the order was messed up and it took forever. The food wasn't the greatest either, I know people love the place, but we probably won't go back unless staying there again. The only thing funny they did was bring DH a very large glass of coke. At that time we were unaware of some of the things they do. Our server was having a stressed out night you could tell. We had a party of 11 and three orders were wrong and it took 45 minutes to get served, it wasn't busy as it was after 8:00.

DisneyVetMom
08-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Has anyone had the breakfast here? When I read the breakfast menu to my DH he about fell over! He LOVES that kind of food and was like please please can we go there!?!?!?

So how is breakfast is it like dinner as far as the waiters go or is that reserved for lunch and dinner? thanks for any info!

Disney_Freak56
08-09-2006, 10:55 PM
I've had breakfast twice -- the AYCE skillet both times -- I highly recommend it. I thought the pinecone waffles were the cutest thing ever. princess:

aubriee
08-10-2006, 01:39 AM
I took my son and GD there Jan '05 and had a great time. I had the AYCE skillet, my son had a decent steak, and my GD had a hot dog. When we arrived the waitress was doing ring around the rosie with a couple of little girls. When she saw us she yelled she'd get to us when she had the time. I had not warned my son about this restaraunt and his eyes got as big as saucers. By the end of the night he was too scared not to do anything she said. It's one of the few times I've ever seen my adult son almost speechless. When he asked for a refill on his coke, the waitress put both hands on her hips and said 'What do you think I am, a waitress?' She then brought him the huge jar of coke, shook her finger at him and told him he better drink all of it. She threw straws at us, put straws in my GD's hair to turn her into the Statue of Liberty, brought my GD three free corn on the cobs when she caught her sneaking mine off my skillet, made our whole section do the Hokey Pokey, had everyone fill our table with ketchup, and then asked my GD if my son was married, then made him and her carry all our ketchup bottles over to a table with two young women his age, who had refused to do the hokey pokey with the rest of us, yelling loudly 'hey girls he's available'. I don't know who was more embarrassed him or the young ladies.

When she found out I was taking my other son and D-I-L to WDW last Sept the first thing my GD said was to be sure to take them to the 'restaraunt with the crazy waitress'.

We'll be there again in Sept.

Tam1067
08-10-2006, 02:27 PM
We have eaten there for dinner 3 times, twice in 2003 and once this July. In 2003 we had a blast with our waitress and everyone else in the place. I know lots of people like this restaurant, but really, it's much quieter and not as special as it used to be. I was disappointed in both the food and atmosphere this time. It's not awful by any means, but I do not rate it as something you have to do or even should do unless you're staying at WL. We will not be returning next time. 'Ohana had better food and better fun for the kids.

TinaLala
08-11-2006, 06:40 AM
sounds like the fun depends on the group and/or the waitstaff.

The ayce skillet definately won us over - I saw a picture - because my DH and BIL are dying for some ribs and pulled pork. I haven't told any of them about the antics or about the HUGE coke - my DH is a HUGE coke fan - drinks a 2 liter bottle a day at least.

I think we'll give it a try. :wave2:

slenderella
08-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Thanks to this post I made an adr for the WCC on Sept 9th. I think my 12yo DD and my 7yo DD will just love the antics. Hope we get a waiter/waitress that gets involved. :cool1: :cool1:

DisneyVetMom
08-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Are the waiters crazy at breakfast too, or is that saved for lunh and dinner?

Oceana
08-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Never been but really looking forward to going.

i have not told DH about the giant drinks... he is notorious for drinking his beverages so fast when we go out to eat and having the waitstaff refill so many times that I cannot wait to order him a giant water! or soda depending on the heat on our trip =)

lovemickeyshouse
08-11-2006, 12:45 PM
i am goin there for the first time in october for free dining and lookin forward to the chicken dish with apples on it sounds really good

pepperw23
08-11-2006, 12:50 PM
OH YEA, ya gotta go. Great food, great fun. The big drinks are really funny, if you keep asking for a refil they bring you one out. Our DS kept asking for more coke and our waitress came out with a big ol' mason jar and slammed it on the table and said "Here ya go, you seem to be thirsty!" haha.

Be sure to ask for ketchup. :sunny:

pepperw23
08-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Thanks to this post I made an adr for the WCC on Sept 9th. I think my 12yo DD and my 7yo DD will just love the antics. Hope we get a waiter/waitress that gets involved. :cool1: :cool1:

they all seem to get involved, but even if not, everyone gets involved at some points. You will see... :lmao:

hint...ya better brush up on the hokie pokie or whatever else strikes thier fancy... :goodvibes

DisneyVetMom
08-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Do they do the craziness at breakfast too or is it saved for dinner and lunch?!?

lustergirl
08-11-2006, 01:08 PM
I have heard so many great "antics" about this restaurant that we are giving it our first try this coming september- I can't wait. My husband will fit in real well because he is a joker as well.

Stitch#1
08-11-2006, 01:20 PM
We love the WC. On one trip my DH and I went back each night just for dessert!
I found this picture of my son with the drink they gave him.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/stacyj69/SSMemberCruise2005018.jpg

Roo2
08-11-2006, 11:33 PM
DisneyVetMom- We ate at WCC last summer ('05) for breakfast, and there were some antics- you should have seen my DD's face when she asked for more crayons, and the waitress yelled for anyone who had extra crayons to "bring some to Pippi Longstocking"! (She wears long braids) Kids from all over the restaurant brought them over to our table and gave them to her- she loved it!
She also loved the pony race- we had to ask, but the waitress was so nice, she let eveyone know that "Pippi" wanted to ride a pony, and got all the kids up front with her for a stick-horse race. But I do think it depends on the waitstaff of the day. Even if your server isn't too "wild", it's fun to watch what happens to other people! The AYCE breakfast is great, too! Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, homefries, little pinecone waffles, biscuits and gravy. Plus the Lodge and grounds are just gorgeous! Hope you have a great time!

Corinne
08-12-2006, 06:48 AM
We ate there for dinner back in 1998! It was awful, but we were there later in the evening and the place was wild. We are going to give it one more try for lunch in a week! :sunny:

Tiggerlover48
08-12-2006, 09:29 AM
We love WCC. The 1st time we when 12 years ago, we had them bring more food. We didn't realize how hungry we were - it's tough walking around MK all day :thumbsup2 I love the food - anything BBQ. You will love it and WL is so beautiful.

DisneyVetMom
08-12-2006, 09:36 AM
Roo2 - Awesome thanks for answering my question. We are taking my husbnads kids and out 10 month old, so the entertainment will be fun to watch, we are going for a late breakfast 10:40, I am not going to tell the kids what the place is like and I will encourage them to ask for more crayons!! :rotfl2: That will be funny!!!

THANKS! I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :woohoo: party: :jumping3: :simba: :goofy: :tigger: :mickeyjum :donald:

gabbygrennell
08-12-2006, 12:33 PM
We have not been to WCC yet... but we have it scheduled for our upcoming trip! 3 weeks to go! Cant wait!
After reading the reviews on here, it sounded like a great place to go! Even if the food is not out of this world... it cant be gross so I know we will enjoy it!
Does anyone know if headalettuce still works there?
The only way we were able to fit it in our schedule was to go for lunch, so I hope it is wild and crazy! My kids have no clue about the crazy antics and I think they will be shocked at first, then have a ball!

We did 50's PT last trip, and our waitress was not really very into it... so I was pretty dissappointed. Hoping for a different outcome this time around!

Do they still have the huge fork if you drop yours?
just thinking of it makes me laugh and i really cant wait!

Roo2
08-12-2006, 07:59 PM
DisneyVetMom- have a great time! Just be careful- our waitress caught a woman trying to get her child to take one of our twenty+ bottles of ketchup without asking, and made the Mom ride a pony around the room and shout "I am a bad mother! I will never ask my child to steal ketchup again!". Remember- things seem to have quieted down since last summer, so you may not see much in the way of antics. What day are you going? We have a 10:40 am ressie at WCC for Aug. 27th- this was my daughters "must do" request! She said the breakfast skillet was her favorite meal of the trip! So if you are there on the 27th, and see a 10-year old girl with long blond braids, be sure to say "Hi Pippi!" Oh, and bring her some crayons while you're at it! ;)

DisneyVetMom
08-12-2006, 09:03 PM
We are going to be there on the 20th!
i really hope the kids ask for more crayons or something crazy like that!

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Cool-Beans
08-13-2006, 12:11 AM
WCC used to be one of my top 3 favorites. But, I really think that the last year or two that they've been going downhill. Not as fun and food has been a little dry a couple times.

I still go, but it isn't what it used to be, IMHO.

Tam1067
08-13-2006, 11:21 AM
WCC used to be one of my top 3 favorites. But, I really think that the last year or two that they've been going downhill. Not as fun and food has been a little dry a couple times.

I still go, but it isn't what it used to be, IMHO.

This is exactly my opinion about it. We were very disappointed after our dinner there in July and have decided it will not be on our list of places to return to when we go next year.