PDA

View Full Version : scifi or 50 PT

shadonjenon
08-09-2006, 07:15 AM
Which would you chose for dinner. sci fi or 50's primetime. I have heard great things about the food at PT and not alot about he food at sci fi. So what do you think which food/service is better.

The interaction at PT sounds fun, as long as its not so much that it takes away from us enjoying our dinner.

lovmy2girls
08-09-2006, 07:28 AM
I thought the food at the Sci Fi was better. We had the flat iron steak skillet sandwich. YUMYUM.

Both were equal on fun for us. No problem with service at either. :)

PlutoLuvr
08-09-2006, 07:42 AM
PTC for us hands-down!

The interaction was just perfect for us, not too much; not too little.

Our service was very poor at Sci-Fi...not sure I could even call it service. Someone took our order and brought it out. We had to go hunt down utensils and had to find someone for drink refills.

The food, well, we got burgers, fries and shakes -- seemed appropriate for the place. Let me tell you, it's very dark in there. We both ordered our burgers well done, as we always do anywhere. Our plates were swimming in red blood after we'd taken a couple bites out of our burgers. Had to hunt down someone again to please find our server...someone else came to our table, a person in management, possibly, who took our plates away for our burgers to be cooked. Maybe half an hour later, we got our burgers back, icy cold and burned, still sitting on our blood-saturated bottom bun. All of our cheese had been cooked away since it appeared they just threw our burgers, cheese and all, back on the grill. Then our plates must have just sat somewhere. Same fries on the plate from half an hour before, too. Thank goodness the shakes filled us up.

I would never, ever return there. Complete waste of time and money.

Bev J
08-09-2006, 08:40 AM
We originally had a ADR for PT but my DD was worried about what might 'happen' while she is there. She is weird about her food.... :rotfl2:
Anyway after about the 3rd time of her asking me if we are going to eat there and stating she does not want to I changed to SciFi.
We have never eaten here before but the menu looks good.

We just don't think there are many good dining choices at MGM, hopefully SF will fit the bill for us- well at least fill our bellys!

Bev

3princesses4us
08-09-2006, 08:47 AM
We went to both last trip and will definately be returning to 50's Prime Time! Better food we thought.

raven69david
08-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Another vote for SCI-FI here. I enjoy the food, but then again i'm a big hamburger/fries kinda guy. I enjoy the atmosphere more there also, but then again i'm a big fan of the classic b-movies also. http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/3dglasses.gif

WAHMto5
08-09-2006, 10:56 AM
We have been to Scxi~fi 3 times and had great food and service each time! This trip will be the first time going to 50's, but we are also going back to Sci~fi;)

bassoon2
08-09-2006, 10:59 AM
If you haven't experienced it - you should!
It's funny...and remember,,,,
NO ELBOWS ON THE TABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ltl Mermaid
08-09-2006, 11:01 AM
I have been to both Sci Fi and 50s PT. I found the food to be comperable (both were very god IMO) but I LOVED the experience at sci-fi....I just felt so emmersed in the drive in theme that I now make it a point to go there evry trip. I will stll go to 50s PT on a rare occasion, but I vote for Sci Fi hands down!

CindyAnn
08-09-2006, 11:06 AM
I like both restaurants, but prefer Sci-Fi. At Prime Time the food is pretty good, but your experience is dependent upon how "good" your server is. At Sci Fi the food is fairly good (I don't think they serve burgers at night, but at lunch we choose burgers & shakes) and the server plays only a minor role in your meal - i.e. the usual role of bringing you your food and drinks.

pilferk
08-09-2006, 01:15 PM
For dinner, I'd go with Prime Time.

For lunch, I'd go with Sci-Fi.

Sci-Fi's food is more "lunchy" to me.....

Cool-Beans
08-09-2006, 01:19 PM
50s Prime Time! Sci-Fi IS a nice experience, but if you want decent food, skip it!

SaraMc
08-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Been to both as well. Got to say that with a larger crowd ( more than 2) the Prime time is great. You seem to get a better interaction with your server. The food is good at both. But two people in the back seat of the cars at Sci Fi is good fun. We usually go to Sci fi for lunch because as someone posted earlier its more of a lunchy menu and Prime time is usually a dinner thing.

El Tel
08-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Went to Sc-Fi in 2000 and PTC in 2002.

I preferred the novelty and atmosphere at Sci-Fi (I'm a Sci-Fi nut) but it was a bit too dark there. Our server at PTC was a bit too low-key otherwise I would have given that higher marks.

The food was way, way better at PTC. I found my meal to be very dry at Sci-Fi. It was expensive for the type and standard of food.

Verdict:
We are visiting WDW again later this year, this time with the DDP. I've got an ADR at PTC, but I'm not tempted to waste a TS credit on Sci-Fi.

Tiffer
08-09-2006, 08:54 PM
For dinner, I'd go with Prime Time.

For lunch, I'd go with Sci-Fi.

Sci-Fi's food is more "lunchy" to me.....

I totally agree! Sci Fi is more burger-ie to me. 50's is a better dinner. Plus you can face each other and have a conversation while eating a dinner.

Calgary DISHeads
08-09-2006, 09:13 PM
This is exactly the question I came on the boards to post :thumbsup2 It seems as if your "experience" at Prime Time is a huge part of the deal there, and that would be the reason we would go. Our children would be very disappointed it we had a server that was not into the theme. At Sci Fi the issue only seems to be the food as the "atmophere" is constant. I haven't made an ADR yet, just one for PT but I think I'm going to change it - if we go in expecting a fun time/okay to poor food then it can only impress :cloud9:

INdisneyfamily
08-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Been to both. My family eats at Sci-Fi every trip. The cookies and creme shakes are a must! Do prefer it for lunch over dinner. Fun atmosphere!
Prime Time is hit or miss depending on the waiter/waitress. Have had good and bad experiences there. Food is not all that great and is kind of pricey. Make sure you don't order the potatoes...husband and daughter's boyfriend both thought they tasted like gasoline...and they will eat anything! It is a fun experience if you get a good castmate. One thing you may want to think about if you have teenagers...they may not enjoy being made fun of so take into consideration their personality before you go.

seven dwarfs
08-09-2006, 10:55 PM
My guys like the food better at Prime Time. They did not care for the food at sci fi. But we may have hit it on a bad day.

Neelloc
08-09-2006, 11:17 PM
We ate at and loved 50's PT. We suggested it to my brother and his new wife on their honeymoon trip, but they heard about Sci-Fi and wanted to try it.

They said they should have listened to us and went to 50's PT.

So, 50's PT all the way! :thumbsup2

Anewman
08-10-2006, 03:03 AM
We did 8 table service places last year(first trip), and the one that ranked lowest for our party of 7 was SCI FI(for EVERYONE). Not that it was bad, just not as good as any of the other meals we had. Drive-in theming is awesome, service decent and food is edible.

This year(next week) there were many requests but no one has requested Sci fi.

We do have an ADR for Primetime(first time there).