PDA

View Full Version : Non-Disney Hotels and ADR's

Alistade
08-08-2006, 09:05 PM
I'm trying to plan a Disney vacation for our family for this upcoming spring (shooting for May 2007). It has been about 12 years since I've been to WDW and I want my 4 year old daughter to experience it.

I've been trying to read up and decide how to do the reservation and I have a questoin about advanced reservations for dinners/shows/character breakfasts etc.

If we stay at a 'non-Disney' hotel (like the Double Tree in Downtown Disney) can I still make dinner reservations 180 days out from our stay? Or can I only make reservations for dinners/shows etc if I stay at a Disney owned hotel? If we stay at a non-Disney hotel in Downtown Disney, when can I make reservations for dinners/shows etc? Any one have any advise? The main character breakfast I'd like to do would be the princess breakfast in Norway and I know the princess stuff can be difficult to get into!

Thanks for the thoughs!

Alistade

Aimeedyan
08-08-2006, 09:53 PM
Anyone is welcome to make reservations for dining (and shows) 180 days out. If you call at 180 days, there should be no reason why you won't get your choice of times for the PSB (princess storybook breakfast in Norway).

Have a great trip and welcome to the Dis!

wdwgoofeeee
08-09-2006, 07:11 AM
I agree that anyone can make ADR's 180 days in advance. Only Disney resort guests are allowed an additional ten days so it's really 190 days out for them.
Keep reading all the great advice on these boards. You can also see all the dining options and menus on allearsnet.com.
One last thing I want to add is to check out the Disney resorts. Nothing like staying on-site to enjoy the 24 hour Disney magic (I know...I sound like a commercial). But there is no comparison to staying on-site. Disney will provide you with transportation to everywhere within WDW, as well as free round-trip rides from and back to the airport. You can see the many Disney resort options also on allearsnet.com.

Mackey Mouse
08-09-2006, 07:39 AM
I agree with the first poster. I would make sure I compare prices between what they offer outside WDW to what you get within the world. It is far more convenient with a child to stay on property. I have done it both ways and once I stayed on property, I never went outside again. In fact, we very rarely leave the property. When we are in WDW, we are there and there alone except maybe to go to church or hit the outlets....

Alistade
08-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks so much for the responses.

I'm currently checking things out both to stay in a WDW hotel as well as in non-WDW hotels. The grand parents want to come too... so we were looking at the suites (that are VERY expensive in WDW)... the Doubletree is in downtown Disney so at least we will be close and they have their own transportation... its just too and from the airport we need to worry about.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Allison
08-12-2006, 01:08 PM
I agree that anyone can make ADR's 180 days in advance. Only Disney resort guests are allowed an additional ten days so it's really 190 days out for them.
Keep reading all the great advice on these boards. You can also see all the dining options and menus on allearsnet.com.
One last thing I want to add is to check out the Disney resorts. Nothing like staying on-site to enjoy the 24 hour Disney magic (I know...I sound like a commercial). But there is no comparison to staying on-site. Disney will provide you with transportation to everywhere within WDW, as well as free round-trip rides from and back to the airport. You can see the many Disney resort options also on allearsnet.com.

Just to clarify, it is still 180 days from the first day of vacation for Disney resort guests. However, they can then book 10 days at a time.

gatour
08-12-2006, 05:46 PM
When making your restaurant reservations they will ask you where you are staying, don't freak out. My rule of thumb is if I am staying at a Disney owned hotel or a Downtown Disney hotel (like the Doubletree) I give the the hotel's name and if it is a Downtown Disney then state that. If I am staying in any other hotel, I simply state that I am staying "off-property". If it is an off-property hotel be prepared to give a cell phone number

rcraw45425
08-12-2006, 06:43 PM
I made an ADR for the MNSSHP even though we are staying at the Portofino Bay Resort at US (Loews hotels are pet friendly and :dog: had a bad time at the vets last month :( ). When she asked what resort, I explained to her and she said, oh, I think we have a code for that one too. Very nice, was able to get me what I wanted even though we were offsite this time.