PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about some soups...

txtink17
08-08-2006, 08:44 PM
We're going in Feb. and I was wondering where I can find some good soup.
What restaurants and if you have pics, please post. :stir:

shaycamp21
08-08-2006, 08:47 PM
:stir: The soups at Boma are fantastic. Their Butternut Squash Soup is to die for. Also their She Crab Soup was delicious as well.

OhMickey
08-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Boma has tasty and unusual soups. But LeCellier has the best - cheddar cheese soup! It has a little bite to it and is very good.

webray
08-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Smokey Portobello Soup at Artist Point is fantastic!!!

travelitis
08-08-2006, 09:40 PM
The best cheese soup is the beer cheese soup at Le Cellier. Words just can't do it justice. My favorite dipping bread is the pretzel bread. If you can't get in for dinner you can walk up and get the soup and bread to go. Soup is $5. This is a MUST have!

PatriciaH
08-08-2006, 10:45 PM
Boma's-Carrot and Ginger, Mulligatani (sp?), crab soup and Butternut Squash-all great
Le Cellier-cheddar cheese soup
Artist Point-Smokey Portebello
Sci-Fi-BLT soup
Chefs de France-Onion Soup
Nine Dragons-Hot and Sour Soup
Plaza Restaurant-creamy tomato soup
:love:

*~ellagirlsmama~*
08-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Try the lobster bisque at Chefs De France - it is yummmmmmy :love:

gobledygook
08-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Strawberry soup at 1900!! :cheer2:

stauncie
08-09-2006, 12:32 AM
I didn't care for the cheese soup at LeCellier (I know.. I know.... but DH eats enough of it for both of us) :teeth:
but I DO love both the butternut squash soup and the carrot-ginger soup at Boma.
AND the stewed mushrooms at Rose and Crown. (Think cream of mushroom soup with a bit of garlic. it was delic!)

bluejasmine
08-09-2006, 05:59 AM
Does anyone know how the Lobster Bisque is at Coral Reef? Im thinking of getting this on the 26th(that or the calimari rings)

So far my fave has been the Cheddar Cheese Soup at Le Cellier.

Now I havent got to try it but that Frech Onion Soup at the French Restaurant looked to die for!

LizinSTL
08-09-2006, 07:58 AM
We're going in Feb. and I was wondering where I can find some good soup.
What restaurants and if you have pics, please post. :stir:

Try the Jarlsberg Leek soup in Norway- I think it's available at the CS location and at the sit-down Princess meal.

It's really wonderful!

Ginamarie
08-09-2006, 08:30 AM
We loved the lobster bisque at Chefs de France.

TwingleMum
08-09-2006, 10:17 AM
Bomas is probably the best place for a soup lover. I think they have 4 or 5 different soups each day. And the soups are fantastic. My 5 yr old loved the carrot ginger and my fav is butternut squash (it tastes like pumpkin pie I ate so much I was almost sick :blush: )

CindyAnn
08-09-2006, 11:11 AM
I agree. At Boma you can make an entire meal out of soup - it's fabulous! Like many others, we also love the cheddar cheese soup at Le Cellier.

*~ellagirlsmama~*
08-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Bomas is probably the best place for a soup lover. I think they have 4 or 5 different soups each day. And the soups are fantastic. My 5 yr old loved the carrot ginger and my fav is butternut squash (it tastes like pumpkin pie I ate so much I was almost sick :blush: )

Ohhh no...I don't have any room in my itinerary for Boma and that soup sounds so good! I love anything pumpkiny!
I wish Boma served lunch. Oh well! Next time :goodvibes

Jambo!424
08-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Does anyone know how the Lobster Bisque is at Coral Reef? Im thinking of getting this on the 26th(that or the calimari rings)

Now I havent got to try it but that Frech Onion Soup at the French Restaurant looked to die for!

I really liked the Lobster Bisque at Coral Reef and I can't wait untill I get it again next week! Enjoy.

DaisyD
08-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Kona's has a delicious Seafood chowder. I get it quite a bit while there!

MinnieGirl33
08-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Personally I think the cheese soup at LeCellier is overrated. Its ok IMO.

Lobster Bisque at Concourse Steakhouse (Their French Onion is a little salty for my taste but I LOVE :love: their bisque)

Kona Chowder at Kona Cafe

dzorn
08-10-2006, 12:30 PM

DH had Lobster Bisque at Coral Reef and he said it was excellent. DSis had another I think mushroom she likes as well.

Did like the strawberry soup from 1600 PF but it seemed more like a dessert than a meal to me.

Denise

ufgator
08-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Soups at Boma
Cheddar Cheese soup at Le Cellier

disneygal55
08-10-2006, 09:24 PM
My DH and I really love the New England clam chowder at the Rainforest Cafe. We also tried the BLT soup at the SciFi {minus the lettuce} and really liked the flavor.

hegs65
08-11-2006, 06:51 AM
The butternut squash soup with red pepper swirl from Wolfgang Puck is fabulous! I can't wait to taste it next week even though it will be 90+ degrees! Also dying for the strawberry soup at 1900 park fare~YUM!!!!

KCMiller
08-11-2006, 11:24 AM
It's not technically soup, but the stewed mushrooms at Rose and Crown are the most insanely rich and delicious version of cream of mushroom soup you'll ever have. R&C is going to be my first stop when I hit WDW this fall - a nice tall tepid Guiness and stewed mushrooms . . . . . :love: !

I have to say, it's the most unfortunately NAMED food in the parks. Stewed mushrooms - sounds like Hobbit food . . .

KC :sunny:

luvmarypoppins
08-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Another vote for the seafood chowder at kona, the lobster bisque at Coral Reef and I know Crystal Palace changes but almost all the soups we have had there are good. I especially like the vegetable beef barley and last time they had some kind of chicken corn chowder.

kaybird
08-11-2006, 03:15 PM

We LOVE the Lobster bisque at Coral Reef, get it every trip! Also love the soups at Boma, and had a great seafood stew at Spoodles!

NeverlandClub23
08-11-2006, 03:26 PM
The Clam Chowder at LTT is pretty good as is the cheese soup at Le Cellier.

NeverlandClub23
08-11-2006, 03:29 PM

Yes it does! We ate there for dinner on our last trip and LOVED it. I missed out on the soup (got the cheese sampler instead). We're going for lunch on our next trip and I will DEFINITELY be trying the french onion soup! :love: Looks delicious!

alyssa810
08-11-2006, 05:37 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the squash soup at Wolfgang Pucks! It's orange and has a red pepper swirl that just adds a little pop! They have it at the regular restaurant and at the express.

*Flower*
08-11-2006, 06:19 PM
It's not technically soup, but the stewed mushrooms at Rose and Crown are the most insanely rich and delicious version of cream of mushroom soup you'll ever have. R&C is going to be my first stop when I hit WDW this fall - a nice tall tepid Guiness and stewed mushrooms . . . . . :love: !

I have to say, it's the most unfortunately NAMED food in the parks. Stewed mushrooms - sounds like Hobbit food . . .

KC :sunny:

The previous R & C menu called it 'Mushroom Medley", which I thought was MUCH more appropriate!
Unfortunately, the chef has taken to dumping the pepper shaker into it- so I'm now opting for the Lamb Barley soup- which is really yummy! I do that and a Stilton salad, and that's my meal....

The onion soup at Le Chefs de France is wonderful also! I used to hate onion soup because it seemed that everyone added too much salt to the pot! Well, Chefs does it right- because the only thing that I leave behind when I order that is the bread!

And I must admit that I love the Le Cellier beer/cheese soup....... with Pretzel bread for dunking!! That and a salad (again) is enough for me.

At Coral Reef- it's salad and Lobster Bisque (which they're now calling Cream of Lobster soup) or Calamari and Bisque 'er cream of Lobster soup.

And the Smokey Portobello Mushroom Soup at Artist Point.......

The Clam Chowder at Columbia Harbor House or Liberty Tree Tavern (although Blue Bayou chowder is SO much better) is a meal too.

Enjoy.......

crisi
08-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Narcoosee's butternut squash soup. It has crab meat in it and red pepper (as I remember it, it now says minced chives on the allearsnet menu).

BTW, if you are a butternut squash soup fan, Imagine (in the Natural Foods Section) makes a fantastic butternut squash soup. We had it for dinner tonight. Sometimes I add a can of crab and some chili paste......

flminivanmama
08-11-2006, 06:51 PM
the butternut squash soup at Tonys is excellent too :)

Catrin
08-11-2006, 07:48 PM
My favorite was the BLT soup at the SciFi Dine In..... yummy!!
Catrin

purpliequeen
08-11-2006, 10:17 PM
I agree about Boma- fabulous!