PDA

View Full Version : question about the little einsteins breakfast

mtemm
08-08-2006, 07:18 PM
my kids all LOVE little einsteins and jojo, but I'm really not sure we are going to be in mgm at the right time for a character meal. there is one day that we may end up there...should I go ahead and make an adr just in case? I would definitely cancel once if I know we aren't going to make it, but I may not know until a couple of days beforehand.

also, for those who have been, did your kids buy into the fact that those are the little einsteins? I would think my 4 year old would expect them to be kid sized, like he is, but they look HUGE in the pictures. Not sure if he would think that was odd. but maybe I'm not thinking in terms of how a kid sees things.

marathonmommy
08-08-2006, 07:21 PM
my kids all LOVE little einsteins and jojo, but I'm really not sure we are going to be in mgm at the right time for a character meal. there is one day that we may end up there...should I go ahead and make an adr just in case? I would definitely cancel once if I know we aren't going to make it, but I may not know until a couple of days beforehand.

also, for those who have been, did your kids buy into the fact that those are the little einsteins? I would think my 4 year old would expect them to be kid sized, like he is, but they look HUGE in the pictures. Not sure if he would think that was odd. but maybe I'm not thinking in terms of how a kid sees things.

If they believe that a mouse is much bigger than them, then why not? I don't think it would occur to them. We are going next week. If you are lucky enough to get in, you might as well make a ressie. You don't have to put down a deposit.

CyndieGrams
08-13-2006, 04:09 PM
We just had breakfast there on August 7th and had a great time. This was the first day of our vacation and thought it would be a great way to start the trip for our 3 year old grandson.

We woke him up that morning and told him that we had a special surprise planned for him. Our reservation was at 8:35 so we left POR about 7:15. It was morning magic hours that day so we thought we might be able to get a ride in before breakfast. The restaurant is very close the main entrance, so we were about 45 minutes early. I checked with them and they said it was not problem to be seated then if we wanted, so that's what we did. They told us that since this character meal is not being advertised yet it is pretty easy to get the time you want, or even walk in. (I don't think I'd take my chances on walking in though!)

The restaurant has two sections in it, and the characters alternate between both rooms. They really take time with the kids and get them to participate. They sing, dance and even do a conga line through the restaurant. The food was very good....I would defnitely recommend this character meal for anyone with younger children.

My grandson will be 4 in November, and he didn't think it was odd that they were "giant size"...now, he might have wondered why he couldn't get Leo or June to talk with him??

mtemm
08-13-2006, 04:39 PM
okay, ds saw them on playhouse disney (they were showing them at wdw I think) and he didn't seem to think twice about them looking big, or different than a kid.

cyndiegrams, thanks for sharing your experience. I did go ahead and book this one. I'll be curious to see if DS4 wonders why they don't talk...he's just the kid to wonder that. lol.

question...since they don't talk, how do they interact with the kids? how do the kids interact with them? (can you tell I've never done a character meal with kids before. lol).

mla2177
08-13-2006, 04:58 PM
I didn't know they had a breakfast for Little Einsteins??????? Where is it located????? :confused3

Msslaydbug
08-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Hollywood and Vine in MGM. I think it is for breakast and lunch. JoJo and Goliath are also there ! We will be trying this for the first time in September.

Trev's mom
08-13-2006, 05:54 PM
We found a thread with pictures posted last month and I showed them to my 3 year old. He was very excited and knew exactly who they were. The pictures had only three Little Einsteins so he wanted to know where Quincy was. I just reserved for Christmas morning and I can't wait to see his face!

lauritagoddess
08-13-2006, 07:29 PM
We're booked for the breakfast on 8/30 and I hope it's as much fun as it looks. My DS got his picture taken with Quincy and also JoJo and Goliath on Mickey Ave back in March and it never occurred to him that they'd be smaller.

marathonmommy
08-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Just returned from a trip and did several character meals. My daughter loved Play n' Dine the most! The character interaction was wonderful. We had June, Leo, Goliath, and JoJo visit the kids several times. It wasn't the typical sign and click either. They really got involved with the children. There was also some dancing involved, too. We were there for lunch and I would recommend it. The food wasn't bad - but as far as they characters go - it beat CRT hands down!

mmmcq
08-19-2006, 07:14 PM
I booked Play N' Dine as well. I think I found it on allears.net before I saw it elsewhere. I just plan on taking my youngest DD and leaving DH and my older DD's to do their own thing and meet us at MGM later.

princessgirl2238
08-19-2006, 09:44 PM
play-n-dine is a great dinning experience for the little ones! i have yet to see a child scared of june or jojo and the kids tend to absolutely love when the playhouse pals come out to get them to dance with the characters- i would suggest a reservation, when it first opened the restrurant was slow, but now it's being advertised and starting to get crowded, but regardless of how crowded it is, the characters are there to deliver quality (not a quick pic and off to the next table) - can't reveil my sources on all of this (you all with just have to trust my word on it- but i really see all through the eyes of a gigant smart kid :) )

RunningthruDisney
08-19-2006, 11:46 PM
Thanks for all the information on this we will be eating there in January. My nephews (twins) will be two. It is their 1st trip and our only character meal.

princessbride6205
08-20-2006, 01:27 AM
This sounds like a wonderful character dine experience! I wish I had a little one to take to it.

Regarding the size of the characters and them not speaking...the biggest "problem" is when children are afraid of the characters. But Play N Dine sounds like a good way to introduce kids to the "live" versions of their fave characters. I work with some famous furry friends ;) and the young children never question their size or not speaking. It's always magical for kids to meet them!

mom_2_boys
08-20-2006, 07:39 AM
We had breakfast there on Aug. 14 and loved it! :cool1: Like a previous post said, there was hardly anyone there so we had LOTS of attention from the characters. One CM informed me that only 2 Little Einsteins (Leo and June)were there along with JoJo and Goliath. June (yes, that June) drew on our park map where Quincy, Annie and Rocket were at, so we headed there to meet all of the gang. :cheer2: My ds4 and ds2 loved it and the food was really good. I would highly recommend this meal to anyone.

Have fun! :sunny:

mtemm
08-20-2006, 08:18 AM
play-n-dine is a great dinning experience for the little ones! i have yet to see a child scared of june or jojo and the kids tend to absolutely love when the playhouse pals come out to get them to dance with the characters- i would suggest a reservation, when it first opened the restrurant was slow, but now it's being advertised and starting to get crowded, but regardless of how crowded it is, the characters are there to deliver quality (not a quick pic and off to the next table) - can't reveil my sources on all of this (you all with just have to trust my word on it- but i really see all through the eyes of a gigant smart kid :) )

oooh, really? i feel like I've touched greatness here. I went ahead and made the ressies for breakfast. dh and I, along with our 4 year old and 2 year old twins will be there for breakfast on 10/17! Looking forward to it. They are all so enamoured of the little einsteins and jojo that I am hoping this will be as wonderful an experience as it sounds like it has been for others.

marathonmommy
08-20-2006, 08:35 AM

If you are June, you were my daughter's most absolute favorite character of the entire trip. (If you are Leo, you are a close 4th. It's a girl thing!)

I cannot say enough good things about this dining experience. The only one that even comes close was Garden Grill - and I've been to just about all of them (several times.)

I don't think Play n' Dine is just for the little ones either. I saw many children on the larger/older side enjoying the characters and fun as well.

I hope it doesn't get too popular, as I don't want to have to make ressies at the 180 day mark!

dmonroe
08-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Ooooooohhhh! I am so excited to read these reviews. We are doing this Nov. 1, and I can't wait! :yay: