PDA

View Full Version : Paying OOP when on DDP-how often?

Simba's Mom
08-08-2006, 06:13 PM
With all that I've heard about how much food you get on the DDP, what has been peoples' experiences with paying OOP? Do you really have to do it very much? I'm going for 5 days solo, I'm going to be on the plan (have no one to share with), and I figure between my credits and left overs, the only OOP I may have to pay in the 5 days is if I want to get just a sundae at B&C. Does that seem right or should I plan on paying OOP a few times?

bamabelle
08-08-2006, 06:48 PM
You will have PLENTY of food and may even be able to use a snack credit for the sundae! I used a CS several times for my breakfast of a danish and Diet Coke instead of paying OOP and we ended up with 9 CS left over!

pickles
08-08-2006, 09:45 PM
same here. we(family of 5 ) spent probably less than $10 op when on the DDP in aug 05. Back then there wasn't as much snack flexiblity as it sounds like there is now. So, being new with it we bought 1-2 sodas, and I had a craving for the McD fries at AK. I really think that is all we bought op. We did bring cereal and had milk with us, so we had breakfast covered that way, but now I think with the flexible snacks, we will be able to use left over desserts and snacks for fill in meals

MinnieGi
08-08-2006, 09:57 PM
With all of the food you recieve on the dining plan we did not pay for any food oop!! We did have some breakfast food in the room that we bought and a case of bottled waters, beer, wine etc. but that was it. In the parks if the kids wanted a snack it was wonderful to say, "go ahead, get a popcorn!" :) We often used our snack credits as a mid-morning snack or breakfast by getting muffins and danishes.

Boardwalk Tigger
08-09-2006, 01:42 AM
We will buy three breakfasts or lunches oop because we like a couple of character breakfasts as well as lunch in France......:) :wizard: I will use a discount on them though:)

aubriee
08-09-2006, 02:20 AM
When we used the free dining plan last Sept the only things we paid OOP for were a few alcoholic beverages, the Kitchen Sink at B&C, kaki gori in Japan, and a cashew nut cluster in Germany.

This past May the only thing we paid OOP for were kaki gori's in Japan.

In Sept we are doing quite a few TS, so are paying for two dinner shows OOP as well as five TS meals.