PDA

View Full Version : Walk in for lunch on the Monorail Resort's TS?

disney09
08-08-2006, 10:34 AM
I have one park-free day planned, and I'll go with my family (DH, DD7 and DS4) to do some shopping in the morning and then do a resort tour in the monorail resorts, so I was thinking in having a late lunch, like 2 or 3 pm, on the Kona Cafe or the GF Cafe. I don't want to make any ADR's here because I want this day to take a relaxed pace and not hurry to any lunch time deadline. If we don't make it we can take any CS, but Kona seems like a very good option...
Do you think it's possible to walk in for Kona at that time? It will be in September and in a weekday..
BTW, we're on the DDP...

Thanks!

Stitch's Greatest Fa
08-08-2006, 10:48 AM
I don't think that you will have any problems at Kona at all. It is one of our absolute fvourite restaurants and usually easy to get a table at that time of day. ENjoy!!

disney09
08-08-2006, 11:40 AM
I don't think that you will have any problems at Kona at all. It is one of our absolute fvourite restaurants and usually easy to get a table at that time of day. ENjoy!!

thanks! I'll try to go there! :goodvibes

Armandocme
08-08-2006, 12:32 PM
Yeah, we love Kona. We walked up and got a table without ADR for breakfast on 6/23/06.

Tam1067
08-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Kona shouldn't be a problem. We walked up for breakfast and lunch on two different days in mid-July. We did not have to wait either time. Have fun!

disney09
08-08-2006, 02:48 PM
I am definetely going to Kona, I just read some reviews and I think my family will love it!
Thanks for your feedback...

Beth
08-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Does Kona have a break for an hour or two between lunch and dinner where they aren't open?

...I know several of the resort restaurants used to do that....

Just a thought.

Mickey1122
08-08-2006, 03:20 PM
We did a Sea Raycer and then Kona Cafe this May. We had an ADR, but we didn't really need it.

FOTM_Ring_Bearer
08-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Does Kona have a break for an hour or two between lunch and dinner where they aren't open?

...I know several of the resort restaurants used to do that....

Just a thought.

I know the Grand Floridian Cafe does and I think the Kona does too. We made that mistake once. Wanted to eat at the GFC and it was closed until dinner. I think it closed around 2:30.